iPhone 4.0 vs HTC Droid Incredible

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    81 wrote:
    just read apple is censoring the consumer report article from the apple forums. :lol:

Apple is getting more pathetic as the days go on.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Finally got my shipping notification for the incredible that I bought a few weeks ago... I'm eager to play with it this weekend!
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEAGos68cBg

Letterman top 10 signs you purchased a bad iphone :mrgreen:

#2 for the win
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    81 wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEAGos68cBg

Letterman top 10 signs you purchased a bad iphone :mrgreen:

#2 for the win

LMAO!! Should have been number 1!!

I think I am going to pull the trigger on the X tomorrow after work!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Finally got my shipping notification for the incredible that I bought a few weeks ago... I'm eager to play with it this weekend!
    That is awesome. Everyone seems to think it is a great phone. You will dig it.

Hopefully in 3 hours i'll have my new Droid X in my hand :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    The Apple store sells a book called 'iPhone the missing manual'

Alanis, your thoughts?

:lol:
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    OK, so I got the Iphone4 about 10ish days ago?
    I have to say, it has been an awesome experience...
    Have not lost a call, and I'm a lefty :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    I'm waiting to see what this Apple conference is going to be about

If they fix the reception problem, I'm getting it. If not switching to Verizon and the Droid X
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I am digging my X
    It is my first smart phone so i'm sure i'd love anyone i got but it sure does rock to have a google voice widget on a home screen when i'm lost Press where i am trying to go and it pulls it up with a button that says "directions" and then it gives me GPS directions how to get there.

I used that yesterday tryign to find a client and it saved my ass :)

I know all phones do that but it sure is nice finally having that :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    intodeep wrote:
    I am digging my X
    It is my first smart phone so i'm sure i'd love anyone i got but it sure does rock to have a google voice widget on a home screen when i'm lost Press where i am trying to go and it pulls it up with a button that says "directions" and then it gives me GPS directions how to get there.

I used that yesterday tryign to find a client and it saved my ass :)

I know all phones do that but it sure is nice finally having that :D

I picked mine up as well, and its my first smart phone as well...It will take me months to learn it all, but so far I LOVE IT! I also love the whole voice recognition thing...I havent typed a text since I got it...I simply speak into the phone and then hit the send buttong...very accurate and I am digging it!! :D
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
    intodeep wrote:
    That is awesome. Everyone seems to think it is a great phone. You will dig it.

Hopefully in 3 hours i'll have my new Droid X in my hand :D

The incredible is my first smart phone, so besides playing with an older iphone or blackberry for a while, I don't have a ton to compare it to... but... this little thing kicks ass. I am still figuring out stuff (pdf manual is 206 pages lol), but have gotten things set up and some cool apps.

Battery life seems bad, but I don't really put it down yet. From what I read, battery isn't great overall, but you can get a full day out of it with normal use.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    steve jobs is so full of shit it's pouring out his ears!

"no phone is perfect" and then he compares other phones that have "antenna problems"...interesting...until iphone's problems, we had never heard of this...what a joke
    i'm tethered to my phone surfing the internet on the computer, while the phone is streaming pj radio to a stereo.

cable guy stopped by today pick up their modem since i've gone 100% wireless.

my desk is cleaner not that it doesn't have a modem, router and home phone sitting on it, and the wire situation is a lot better with three things removed from the power strip. :lol:

did a speed test this morning and pulled 7 megs down

EVO for the win.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Yeah, Jobs seemed like a 8 year old that needs to take a nap during that press conference.

Oh and yeah...talk about being full of shit!! "We'll give you these 50cent bumpers instead of recalling 4 million phones."

mca47 wrote:
    Yeah, Jobs seemed like a 8 year old that needs to take a nap during that press conference.

Oh and yeah...talk about being full of shit!! "We'll give you these 50cent bumpers instead of recalling 4 million phones."

and yet, people love Apple still after all this.
    brother123 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

I'm pretty sure Apple could put out an iTurd and people would line up... :lol:
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    That stupid antenna crap is blown totally out of proportion. You mean to tell me you've never seen a phone that had a sticker saying "don't touch the phone here"?

I've had my iphone for about 2 weeks and have not had one dropped call yet. I even purposely hold it the wrong way without a case during calls and still nothing. Sure the signal goes down, but who cares as long as your not dropping calls. I get better service on the new one compared to the 3GS. Nearly everywhere I go I'm at 5 bars.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    my phone doesn't say, do not touch here. i've never seen any phone labled that way.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    my phone doesn't say, do not touch here. i've never seen any phone labled that way.

either have i and i'm on my 3rd smartphone
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    That stupid antenna crap is blown totally out of proportion. You mean to tell me you've never seen a phone that had a sticker saying "don't touch the phone here"?

HAHAHAHA!!

That is correct. I have never, once, ever even seen a phone nor owned a phone which prohibited me from holding it worry free to make a call.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10

Uh...no. :?

I have two phones.
    A Droid with Verizon (personal)
    A Blackberry with AT&T (work).

Neither phone told me how to hold it. :shock: And get THIS...both work perfectly no matter how I hold it. Granted the Bbery/AT&T network is a little lacking in some locations but I can still hold my phone with either hand. :lol:

I have a lot of friends with iPhones (3 of whom have the iPhone 4).
    Of those that have it, 2 are pissed and the other claims "I don't care, I'm just going to hold it "this" way".

:shock: :lol:
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    My dad has a phone with a sticker saying not to touch it on the top. The guy at verizom even told him that when he bought it.

Also,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4zbQ3f7H0U

Like I said. Totally blown out of proportion. It's only a big deal because it's happening to Apple, because they are an extremely successful company. If this were to happen to any other phone (which it is!) nobody would give a shit.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    mca47 wrote:
    brother123 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

I'm pretty sure Apple could put out an iTurd and people would line up... :lol:

Don't get me wrong I love my MacBook Pro. I love OS X. I loved my 3G iPhone (before it got water damage). Apple has put out some great quality products but this whole iPhone 4 shit has me pissed off. How as a company can you sit there and be so fucking cocky and give the "don't hold it that way" comment? Fuck that. it's Apple's fault and they know it but oh fuck. . lets not make a comment because we are the best company in the US that makes smartphones.... please

Their solution is lackluster at best too. A bumper? give me a fucking break

I agree with you iShit: This changes everything again. Now with toilet paper 2.0. "OMGZ I WANT IT!!!!!!0101010101"
    bumper makes sense. lots of things lose reception when they come in contact with the human hand.

but yeah, i'm not drinking the kool aide. the apple product i own is the ipod and i only picked that because it would intergrate with my stereo. if the zune or some other product was plug and play i would have gone a different route.

apple is cool when you are like 12
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited July 2010
    norm wrote:

"no phone is perfect" and then he compares other phones that have "antenna problems"...interesting...until iphone's problems, we had never heard of this...what a joke

I'm not even anti-apple, and their change in spin cracks me up...

First, it wasn't a reception/antenna problem, but a software issue in how the phone calculated reception for the display bars...

Now, there is antenna issues, but all phones have them, so it's ok...

oh, and here is a $1 rubber case...

But I do think that it is blown out of proportion to a degree... our media loves to do that...
    Post edited by blackredyellow on
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    81 wrote:
    i'm tethered to my phone surfing the internet on the computer, while the phone is streaming pj radio to a stereo.

cable guy stopped by today pick up their modem since i've gone 100% wireless.

my desk is cleaner not that it doesn't have a modem, router and home phone sitting on it, and the wire situation is a lot better with three things removed from the power strip. :lol:

did a speed test this morning and pulled 7 megs down

EVO for the win.

coolness... I'm glad it's working out like you envisioned :)

I don't know if I'll make that jump. Just got a 3G phone, so the speed isn't there, and I like having a full time connection at home (downloading torrents while at work, wife home using the internet, etc).
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    norm wrote:

First, it wasn't a reception/antenna problem, but a software issue in how the phone calculated reception for the display bars...

But I do think that it is blown out of proportion to a degree... our media loves to do that...

i'm not really anti-apple either...i have a macbook pro and 3 different ipods but this happy horseshit they're flinging around is hilarious...just admit you made a mistake and fix it!

the problem is the apple cult...they'll accept anything jobs gives them and will defend it until the end

of course the media is going nuts about it...they love to build them up in order to take them down

Yeah, I'm not an anti-Apple guy either...in fact I think they have a lot of great products...but I think the whole thing is pretty damn funny.
    Whats even better are the ridiculous responses from some of the Apple Faithful.

Like my iTurd statement above (again, I actually think Apple makes some good stuff). Pretty sure they'd all line up for it, and if the iPhone 5.0 comes out and the only way people could make phone calls is by standing upside down while singing the Apple is God Anthem...pretty sure you'd see it walking down the street. :D