iPhone 4.0 vs HTC Droid Incredible

CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
It's time for an intellectual BATTLE on the subject!

I've been waiting for years for an iPhone, but I'm not leaving Verizon for AT&T... should I wait another year? Should I just get the HTC Incredble? I love my iPod touch for everything from watching movies and music to the XM-app and games, and I have been hoping to get one on Verizon (especially with the video-conference camera), but I no longer see light on the horizon for iPhone on Verizon.

Ok... pick your side, and tell me your thoughts. :D
ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
*NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
*MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
*Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
*Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
*Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
*VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
*EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
*Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    CJMST3K wrote:

here? really?? :? :think: ;)
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    I really hate AT&T, with all my heat and with all my might :sick: ... but i love my iphone sooo much that I've have learned to live with AT&T...
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    norm wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

here? really?? :? :think: ;)

ok... just a regular battle, i suppose. :D
    can't tell ya about the iphone but i love my droid...android is really great and if you use gmail it synchs flawlessly :D
  • mervin50mervin50 Posts: 217
    I'm from Canada and we have only a few providers carrying the iphone or HTC. I really don't like either of the providers so it comes down to the phone itself. Just how much better is the iphone 4G compared to the HTC?

I've done some research on-line but would like any owner input.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    I renew my Verizon in a week and am getting the Incredible... I'd love to get an iPhone, but I can't switch to AT&T... not only is Verizon that much better, but about everyone I call has Verizon, so I hardly use any minutes.

I've played with the Incredible a few times, and I like it... Very responsive, multi-touch for browsing, enough apps to do what I need to do.

I think the video conference thing is such a marketing sham... really, besides the fact that the person you are talking to has to have it on their phone, but really, how often do you really want people to see you when you talk to them? It has some business use, but besides making talking to your family while traveling, or the few special occasions, I can't imagine using it much.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    edited June 2010
    iPhone 4 FTW. The fact that it has a 5.0 MP camera that shoots video in 720P HD AND you can get iMovie on it is enough for me. And then it also has multi tasking for once, video calling with 2 camera, and ridiculous screen quality:

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/14/pos ... oad-speed/

I am very biased though.
    Post edited by 12345AGNST1 on
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    iPhone 4 FTW. The fact that it has a 5.0 MP camera that shoots video in 720P HD is enough for me. Plus, the screen quality is unbelievable:

But doesn't the HTC Incredible have an 8.0 mp camera?
    CJMST3K wrote:
    iPhone 4 FTW. The fact that it has a 5.0 MP camera that shoots video in 720P HD is enough for me. Plus, the screen quality is unbelievable:

yeah... still cameras are probably a wash, but the HD video in the iPhone is cool.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    CJMST3K wrote:

damn you responded fast. i added to my original post. The HTC does have a "better" camera, but Apple simply puts quality into their stuff. They dont just throw a good camera on it and call it a day, they make sure its perfect. Heres some shots I did with my 3.0 MP camera on my 3GS:

8725_172660201067_537056067_4103841_440336_n.jpg
    8725_171458246067_537056067_4093029_2634257_n.jpg
    8725_165257956067_537056067_4019402_7241038_n.jpg
    n537056067_3442412_7156046.jpg
    For a 3.0 MP camera thats pretty damn good.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Fuck htc. I had that before I got the iPhone. I have no problem with AT&T cell
    service. When it comes to home Internet they blow. Once you get the iPhone you will never have another phone again.
    I'll be back
  • mervin50mervin50 Posts: 217
    iphone it is!
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    I switched from Verizon to AT&T for the Iphone 2 years ago, Ive had no issues and havent noticed any drop off in the service. I know a lot of people give AT&T a bad name without even using it before. If you really want the Iphone I think you should give it a chance.
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    I'm in the exact same situation. My Verizon contract expired two months ago, I was HOPING the iPhone would be on Verizon's network when that happened, but it hasn't happened yet. Friends have Android phones and love them, but i have this nagging feeling that if I got one I'd be disappointed - especially since I love my iTouch. I'm really hoping they include some of the new iPhone 4 features on the next gen iTouch - that might be enough to hold me over until the iPhone comes to Verizon (hopefully next year?!?!). I just can't see myself going with AT&T again, especially since I've had problems with them in the past. My crappy Moto Razr is holding up, but if it breaks before the iPhone comes to Verizon I don't know what I'm going to do. And when I start thinking that this is really a problem, I remember this lyric:

"I don't question our existence... I just question our modern need." And then I go pound on my Telecaster and it all goes away...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    In the end, I'm not waiting for an iPhone... Like I said, great service, having almost all of my friends/family on Verizon (plus getting a small corporate discount) means that I'm sticking with Verizon.

If the iPhone 4.0 is a little better than the HTC, it doesn't bother me. I'm looking for a phone where I can talk to people, text, and do a little web surfing and maybe a few games/apps... I don't have the latest and greatest car, computer, camera, house, or really anything else in my life, what's the big deal about having the absolute best phone?

I remember thinking a couple of years ago when I got my LG Dare, that I maybe should hold out for the Verizon iPhone, and it never happened. I just don't see it coming to Verizon in the next couple years either.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    If i could walk in a verizon store and buy the incrediable i would do it tonight. But they don't have any phones you have to wait weeks for them to come in.

:(

I'm not switching to AT&T because new customers can't get unlimited data plans and I like verizon's service better.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • HammerdonkeyHammerdonkey Posts: 550
    With AT&T, dont' you have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee or you can get your money back?

The new iPhone would be worth checking out for that amount of time.

Verizon sucks monkey dicks as far as quality hardware.
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    With AT&T, dont' you have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee or you can get your money back?

You can return the hardware and cancel service within 30 days of the activation date.
    Mcam55 wrote:

You can return the hardware and cancel service within 30 days of the activation date.

Precisely. So, why wouldn't somebody try that instead of ignorantly bashing the iPhone 4.0, which is likely the single greatest technological advancement since my bionic right arm that is capable of accurately throwing a football 74 yards through the sky into a dixie cup?

And that, my friends, is a true fucking story.

Regards,

The greatest passer of the football in message board history
    bottom line for me is a want a phone that works well and a service provider that can handle it...where i live, that's verizon and since steve jobs is a tool i won't be having a iphone anytime soon...i love my droid...it does all i want
    norm wrote:
    bottom line for me is a want a phone that works well and a service provider that can handle it...where i live, that's verizon and since steve jobs is a tool i won't be having a iphone anytime soon...i love my droid...it does all i want

I guess that's all that really matters. I mean, what do I care if you have Verizon or Sprint or a fucking pre-pay phone? It has zero affect on me personally. I've been an iPhone junkie since they came out and I just think that they are simply TITTIES...but hey, get what you want. In 9 days, I'll have a new iPhone that I'll caress and make love to.

I will say that the name Incredible is lame dick. Sort of like next year's version the Droid Super Awesome followed by the Droid Unbelievable Cool Crazy Rad.

Verizon needs me as a phone namer. The Droid Hammerdonkey would sell a million phones for the name alone.
    The Droid Hammerdonkey would sell a million phones for the name alone.

where can i preorder?!?! :mrgreen:
    I will say that the name Incredible is lame dick. Sort of like next year's version the Droid Super Awesome followed by the Droid Unbelievable Cool Crazy Rad.

Verizon needs me as a phone namer. The Droid Hammerdonkey would sell a million phones for the name alone.

You have my vote... right now I have an LG Dare... pretty much as lame of a name as you can get...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I've had the Droid since it came out and love it.

Verizon is leaps and bounds better than AT&T.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I've had the Incredible since the day it came out

I'm happy with it...the battery is not great even with a Task Killer and turning down/off some settings

The phone is very smooth and responsive

It has been funny watching all my co-workers getting "your session has timed out" all day on Apple's website

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    intodeep wrote:
    If i could walk in a verizon store and buy the incrediable i would do it tonight. But they don't have any phones you have to wait weeks for them to come in.

I'm not switching to AT&T because new customers can't get unlimited data plans and I like verizon's service better.

damn I didn't think it was that popular

Hold out ! Fuck Apple!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,224
    Have the Motorola Droid and love it. I was in the same boat and really didn't want to switch from Verizon to AT&T. Have an iPod touch also and would rather have one device for my media and one for web browsing, apps, and phone functions. I guess the question is what features are most important to you.

On HTC, I've heard good things about the Incredible, but their TouchPro was by far the worst phone I've ever owned. There isn't even a close second and I've had a bunch. Too many options out there...I will never buy an HTC product again.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    CJMST3K wrote:

I've been waiting for years for an iPhone, but I'm not leaving Verizon for AT&T... should I wait another year? Should I just get the HTC Incredble? I love my iPod touch for everything from watching movies and music to the XM-app and games, and I have been hoping to get one on Verizon (especially with the video-conference camera), but I no longer see light on the horizon for iPhone on Verizon.

Ok... pick your side, and tell me your thoughts. :D

I share your Verizon loyalty. 2 weeks ago I bought the motorola droid. It is a better version of the HTC model. Specifically, the motorola slides open and has a keyboard. the HTC only has a virtual keyboard, which has tiny buttons that I think would be next to impossible to use. I send a ton of emails/texts, so it was a no brainer for me. I am happy with the choice I made...love my new phone.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    intodeep wrote:

Hold out ! Fuck Apple!
    The company that makes the screens is the hold up. They keep dropping the ball. If you pay for it today ayou have to wait a month to get it.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    intodeep wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

Hold out ! Fuck Apple!
    The company that makes the screens is the hold up. They keep dropping the ball. If you pay for it today ayou have to wait a month to get it.

My dog chewed through my charger cord, so I was without a phone. Gave me an excuse to go get a new one, which I had been putting off. Anyway, I walked into a local verizon store and had the option of the HTC or Motorola Droid. Only thing I have to do by mail is send in my rebate