Could there be 3 Perfect games already-Ump screws last out

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    It was outstanding. I do feel for Joyce, a lot more than I did last night

it's pretty cool how many players have come to his defence ... just goes to show that if you are a good guy and you do the right things ... you'll always be respected ...
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    eh cliffy who cares ..the world champs are up at bat :mrgreen:

switched over as soon as the umps came out and galarraga went back to the dugout

balk :mrgreen:

1-0
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    eh cliffy who cares ..the world champs are up at bat :mrgreen:

switched over as soon as the umps came out and galarraga went back to the dugout

balk :mrgreen:

1-0

Yankee game and Hartford show is a great combo! :D:mrgreen:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    polaris_x wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

it's pretty cool how many players have come to his defence ... just goes to show that if you are a good guy and you do the right things ... you'll always be respected ...

"Gonna rise up...turning mistakes into gold..."
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    polaris_x wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Agreed, I would venture to guess if Joe West made this call, the reaction would not be the same.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    polaris_x wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah and you can really tell Joyce cares about baseball and the integrity. He honestly thought he was making the right call, and for that I commend him. That's ballsy in that spot.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    rrivers wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah and you can really tell Joyce cares about baseball and the integrity. He honestly thought he was making the right call, and for that I commend him. That's ballsy in that spot.

Yeah, I was pretty hard on the guy last night but the way he has handled hit is stand up. He could have just siad i blew it, it happens. He really cared and was hard on himself. Gotta give the guy credit.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    rrivers wrote:

best two things to come out of this:

1. the support joyce is getting from ball players
    2. the fact that galaragga in a moment could have been excused for behaving selfishly - he took the high road ... you don't get many opportunities in life to show your true colours ...
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    polaris_x wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

best two things to come out of this:

1. the support joyce is getting from ball players
    2. the fact that galaragga in a moment could have been excused for behaving selfishly - he took the high road ... you don't get many opportunities in life to show your true colours ...
    It really has been cool the way it has gone down. I mean, galaragga grinned at him when he initially made the call even instead of immediately blowing up...that says a lot to me because I would've gone ape shit if dude had just taken a perfect game away from me. Like he said, he knows he pitched a perfect game and he can show it to his son even if its not in the record books as such.
    I do hope people will leave Joyce alone and let it be. It's over and done. He messed up, he's sorry and he's done everything he could possibly do to show it....it takes a real man to stand up like that when it would be easier to run away and avoid it
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    It really has been cool the way it has gone down. I mean, galaragga grinned at him when he initially made the call even instead of immediately blowing up...that says a lot to me because I would've gone ape shit if dude had just taken a perfect game away from me. Like he said, he knows he pitched a perfect game and he can show it to his son even if its not in the record books as such.
    I do hope people will leave Joyce alone and let it be. It's over and done. He messed up, he's sorry and he's done everything he could possibly do to show it....it takes a real man to stand up like that when it would be easier to run away and avoid it

everyone involved has been classy...now, if selig can remove his head from his ass...ah who am i kidding? :roll:
    norm wrote:

Tuned in for the beginning of that. Classy across the board.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    norm wrote:

you're a regular link machine !!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    So, Selig's not changing the call.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    tcaporale wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... joycescall

that's the ruleing.....pretty shitty if you ask me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    first off = clearly the ump f'd the call up,

but changing the calls now?

thats sets a precedent- i dont think they should be chasnging calls.

maybe change the replays rule and all that - but no changing calls. thanks very much .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    81 wrote:
    tcaporale wrote:

did anyone really expect him to?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    81 wrote:
    tcaporale wrote:

did anyone really expect him to?

i didn't expect him to, but it would be the right call...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

maybe change the replays rule and all that - but no changing calls. thanks very much .

fay vincent was ok with setting the precident of taking away no hitters years after the no hitter occurred?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    beaky_buzzard.jpg

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    well bud at least you're consistent at being a complete waste of a human being
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    norm wrote:
    well bud at least you're consistent at being a complete waste of a human being

+1 True, what a dick
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Bathgate66 wrote:

exactly, it's a damn shame, but you can't reverse the call.

And I'm not so sure I'm happy about instant replay either, I think it takes away from the fact that it's a game and it's human's playing and human's officiating it.

But that's just me :D
    i say the next time galaraga pitches agaist the indians, the indians just take wild swings on every pitch and give him his perfect game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Bathgate66 wrote:

And I'm not so sure I'm happy about instant replay either, I think it takes away from the fact that it's a game and it's human's playing and human's officiating it.

I agree 100%.

baseball arguments are great...replay would eliminate them.

I hate replay in all sports
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    The Fixer wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

I agree 100%.

baseball arguments are great...replay would eliminate them.

I hate replay in all sports
    100% disagree, these "arguments" take away from the sport. I could understand, like, balls and strikes, but when it's something like this, which took Galarraga's name from the record books, MLB should have a responsibility to get the call right. Hopefully this'll cause them to implement instant replay.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    selig AGAIN had a chance to do the right thing and AGAIN did the wrong thing.

this guy is such a tard.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    tcaporale wrote:

100% disagree, these "arguments" take away from the sport. I could understand, like, balls and strikes, but when it's something like this, which took Galarraga's name from the record books, MLB should have a responsibility to get the call right. Hopefully this'll cause them to implement instant replay.

I love seeing managers come out of the dugout and make asses of themselves. It's been part of the game going back to jon mcgraw. I don't know how that takes away from the game.

why have umpires if every close call is gonna be reviewed? I hate replay...the nhl and nfl still get half their reviewed calls wrong. replay sucks...especially for baseball
    The Fixer wrote:
    I love seeing managers come out of the dugout and make asses of themselves. It's been part of the game going back to jon mcgraw. I don't know how that takes away from the game.
    Yeah, it's a lot like the grand old tradition of letting umpires screw up and not doing anything to correct it when you can. Arguing doesn't take away from the game...but missed calls like the one last night damn sure do.
    I do love the arguments and the managers making asses of themselves as much as the next guy, but to stubbornly stand by a call that was obviously made in error when it affects the history of the game in such a big way makes absolutely no sense to me. We're talking about something that has only happened 20 times in the history of the game here....what is really being preserved by not giving the guy proper credit for his perfect game?