Is Obama the Worst President Ever?

Comments

• Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    Sawyer wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    Um, W might have something to say about that.

i disagree wholeheartedly and respect him for having to deal with 9/11
    Really? I mean, a rock could have dealt with 9/11.

Obama is doing fine, unless you disagree with him. Welcome to politics.

W would have made a better car salesman. C average students should not be running a country.

Iraq was his first major, and I mean MAJOR fuck up. Boy, that was a waste of tax dollars.

You must not have voted for John Kerry in 2004 then b/c he had a lower GPA than W at Yale 77 vs. 76. The world is run by C students and people who never finished college. Most Pols in case you haven't noticed are pretty much bottom of the barrel IMO. The most of the smart people in the world would never want to deal with all the BS. That is part of the problem the dumb asses go into politics.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    metsfan wrote:
    Time will only tell I guess.

This oil leaking into the gulf is not a good thing for Obama that's for sure.
    I put blame for the oil leak squarely on BP. They created this mess and now they need to fix it and not walk away from it saying we don't know how to fix it. Wtf is a lawyer from chicago gonna do to fix it.
    heyy thats my mom's old firm you're talking about!

nice chat here though guys :lol:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    youngster wrote:
    I can't believe Richard Nixon's name hasn't come up in this thread. Everyones arguing about our last 2 presidents. We've had presidents for over 200 years and a lot of shit has gone down in this country in that time. Sure, a lot of issues are facing this country now and we all want them to be over (war, oil spill, bailouts, unemployment, etc) but, and I wasn't alive during his presidency, but I believe Nixon to be the worst president we ever had. Besides the Watergate scandal, it was his idea to create HMO's which is what our healthcare system is run on now. Making insurance companys rich at the cost of the patients health. His refusal to leave Vietnam was another one. Many more things to list I'm sure but not gonna get into it. Nixon gets my vote for worst president ever.
    I can't believe it took 3 pages to get to the right answer.

You can add the war on drugs to his impressive list as well. I mean the guy left office? That puts you right at the top of the list.
    NERDS!
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    youngster wrote:
    I can't believe Richard Nixon's name hasn't come up in this thread. Everyones arguing about our last 2 presidents. We've had presidents for over 200 years and a lot of shit has gone down in this country in that time. Sure, a lot of issues are facing this country now and we all want them to be over (war, oil spill, bailouts, unemployment, etc) but, and I wasn't alive during his presidency, but I believe Nixon to be the worst president we ever had. Besides the Watergate scandal, it was his idea to create HMO's which is what our healthcare system is run on now. Making insurance companys rich at the cost of the patients health. His refusal to leave Vietnam was another one. Many more things to list I'm sure but not gonna get into it. Nixon gets my vote for worst president ever.
    I can't believe it took 3 pages to get to the right answer.

You can add the war on drugs to his impressive list as well. I mean the guy left office? That puts you right at the top of the list.

raygun ronnie really got the ball moving on the war on drugs, though. i don't think carter was horrible, though i was too young to really remember that time, i do think he made some screw ups, though. like with pot, he could've made it legal but to make a compromise with the parents groups he kept it illegal but pushing the idea it wasn't that big of a deal. as annoying as they probably were i think he should've worked a lot more with some of those parent groups because he ended up pissing them off and they pushed reagan and his get tough on drugs stance.

also, it has since come out, forgot from who, but during the iran/contra hearings someone had testified that the reagan campaign had contacted iran telling them if they didn't release the hostages until after the election they would sell them missiles....not sure how true that is but we did sell iran thousands of missiles during the reagan years (the ultimate irony is israel was the middleman and now they claim iran is supplying rockets to destroy israel for 4 decades???)

and reagan trained, armed and funded death squads and groups the us congress found to be terrorist organizations. see around the 53second mark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8XWZcL7ZyY
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    raygun ronnie really got the ball moving on the war on drugs, though.

In between running drug smuggling operations through the C.I.A from Central America - http://www.mega.nu/ampp/webb.html
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    in a word.....
    No.

a sidenote....
    look at W.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    polaris_x wrote:
    what i find interesting is most ex-presidents take up a cause of some kind to at least kinda show they care about something ... W is golfing and doing public speaking engagementss charging an arm and a leg ... :lol:

...and working with bill clinton on the haiti relief fund. come on dude. seriously...come on.

most presidents prefer to leave the spotlight for a good amount of time when they leave the white house out of respect for the current president.
    www.myspace.com
    the thread title should be changed. we all know he is not the worst president ever. he's just not even close to what the media billed him as a few years ago. and the first year and a half has been an abysmal failure.

more bad news today....95% of the new jobs created last month? temporary census workers! :roll:

yikes...

at least mortgage rates will stay low for a little while longer :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    The AP headline today that cracked me up was "Angry Obama heads to Gulf Region" The only reason he is angry is b/c is poll numbers are dropping from this environmental disaster. He can't just campaign his way out of this mess like he does with everything else. He has no clue what to do. I guess community organizers don't have these kinds of issues to deal with
    the thread title should be changed. we all know he is not the worst president ever. he's just not even close to what the media billed him as a few years ago. and the first year and a half has been an abysmal failure.

more bad news today....95% of the new jobs created last month? temporary census workers! :roll:

yikes...

at least mortgage rates will stay low for a little while longer :thumbup:

It's called Obanomics. Nothing like good govt. jobs :lol:
    Pats54 wrote:
    The AP headline today that cracked me up was "Angry Obama heads to Gulf Region" The only reason he is angry is b/c is poll numbers are dropping from this environmental disaster. He can't just campaign his way out of this mess like he does with everything else. He has no clue what to do. I guess community organizers don't have these kinds of issues to deal with

if he's so angry why did they issue at least 27 exemptions in the gulf coast since this rig sank?
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

Pats54 wrote:

if he's so angry why did they issue at least 27 exemptions in the gulf coast since this rig sank?

he should be angry at himself for just going along with bp's assertion that only 5,000 gallons or so had leaked during the first month when all the experts estimated it was 4 times that much....
    www.myspace.com
    Byrnzie wrote:
    sadness hate revenge sorrow name it we had it

And how do you feel about it now ten years later? Do you think Bush et al did the right thing?

A million Iraqis were killed since the U.S invasion in 2003. Was that justified?

i don't understand how bush did the right thing, he said osama bin laden did 9/11 and yet we never got him. not only that but remember at one point he said he didn't even think about osama and he wasn't important, terrorism was much bigger than a single person!!
    don't compete; coexist

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Byrnzie wrote:
    sadness hate revenge sorrow name it we had it

And how do you feel about it now ten years later? Do you think Bush et al did the right thing?

A million Iraqis were killed since the U.S invasion in 2003. Was that justified?

i don't understand how bush did the right thing, he said osama bin laden did 9/11 and yet we never got him. not only that but remember at one point he said he didn't even think about osama and he wasn't important, terrorism was much bigger than a single person!!

whereswaldo.jpg
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • vomikus39vomikus39 Posts: 250
    Well, I am not as keen on him as I was when I voted for him, but after his predecessor, can we really say Obama is the worst Pres ever?
    Who the f*ck goes around skinning cats~~Ed

It all comes down to changing your head~~John Lennon

MSG 6-24-08/MSG 5-21-10/Philly MIA 9-2-12/Chicago Wrigley Field 7-19-13/Brooklyn NY 1&2 10-2013/Philly 1&2 10-2013
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Byrnzie wrote:

In between running drug smuggling operations through the C.I.A from Central America - http://www.mega.nu/ampp/webb.html
    back in the Vietnam war this kind of thing was out of control with opium/heroin.
    the ole man was in Vietnam doing secret missions for the Navy.
    he told me all the stories.
    i probably should shut my mouth.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    chadwick wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:
    ...historians would most likely argue Andrew Johnson who stepped in for Lincoln. He was a blatant racist who was close to retracting emancipation....However, Mr. Obama's time in office has been as ugly as his girly jump shot.

Andrew Johnson didn't have millions and millions of viewers watching the news everyday--critiquing him every single day--every move under a constant, never-ending microscope. just sayin'.
    this is true.
    back then it took quite some time for news to circulate whereas today as soon as you fart it is global news.
    right now on msnbc it reads that Obama has morning wood... nicely done mr. president.

:lol:
    chadwick wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:

back in the Vietnam war this kind of thing was out of control with opium/heroin.
    the ole man was in Vietnam doing secret missions for the Navy.
    he told me all the stories.
    i probably should shut my mouth.

the us backed president of afghanistan's brother is one of the biggest heroin traffickers in the world and our military helps protect his racket
    don't compete; coexist

the us backed president of afghanistan's brother is one of the biggest heroin traffickers in the world and our military helps protect his racket

there has to be illegal drugs.
    if no illegal drugs were to be had the authorities would turn zero revenue.
    jails, prisons, rehabilitation centers, and those types of institutions would be out of business.
    by keeping drugs illegal they are making a ton of money for their bullshit nazi party.
    they let the drugs through.

stopping a drug smuggler every so often.
    see, the war on drugs is working...

just my opinion... i could be wrong. :mrgreen:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • BlahBlah Posts: 469
    I hope both George Bush's die soon.
    chadwick wrote:

there has to be illegal drugs.
    if no illegal drugs were to be had the authorities would turn zero revenue.
    jails, prisons, rehabilitation centers, and those types of institutions would be out of business.
    by keeping drugs illegal they are making a ton of money for their bullshit nazi party.

stopping a drug smuggler every so often.
    see, the war on drugs is working...

just my opinion... i could be wrong. :mrgreen:

of course and they keep it going by paying the system off. if you get arrested for a drug charge depending on what the charge is they can sell all your stuff. the law enforcement and judicial system both get a cut of that money so they get blinded by all this extra $ coming to them but their shortsightedness doesn't let them see it's all going right back out. california alone spends over $1 BILLION fighting the war on drugs every year and yet marijuana is the #1 cash crop in the state, imagine if they put that money towards something positive.

look at freeway ricky ross, he was the biggest crack dealer in the country at 1 point and his connection? worked for the cia and was involved in transporting cocaine during the iran/contra years. and yet ricky ross went to jail but not his cia connection.

it's crazy shit, there are articles claiming the us seized large shipments of heroin in afghanistan only to have president karzai or his office make a phone call and have it all released back to his brother!

all those billions of $ on the drug war are just pissed away. kevin booth made a good documentary on the drug war, i think it's called the american drug war

this is also a good article claiming US War On Drugs Has Met None Of Its Goals: AP Impact
    After 40 years, the United States' war on drugs has cost $1 trillion and hundreds of thousands of lives, and for what? Drug use is rampant and violence even more brutal and widespread.

Even U.S. drug czar Gil Kerlikowske concedes the strategy hasn't worked.

"In the grand scheme, it has not been successful," Kerlikowske told The Associated Press. "Forty years later, the concern about drugs and drug problems is, if anything, magnified, intensified.".....
    don't compete; coexist

• _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    Beach Bum wrote:

wow
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
    Beach Bum wrote:

wow

i think we should alert homeland security... :problem:
    www.myspace.com
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Beach Bum wrote:
    send him a bag of pretzels
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    vomikus39 wrote:
    Well, I am not as keen on him as I was when I voted for him, but after his predecessor, can we really say Obama is the worst Pres ever?

Maybe...What's he done to undo anything W did?
    chances are that if you defend W. i do not like you as a person.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    chadwick wrote:

Im not defending him, it was a legit question. What has Obama done to make him a better president than W. The aswer is nothing or Im sure you woulda pointed out.

I'd say itsa wash so far.

Chances are, that if you blindly support anybody, you're not as cool as you think.
    DewieCox wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

Im not defending him, it was a legit question. What has Obama done to make him a better president than W. The aswer is nothing or Im sure you woulda pointed out.

Chances are, that if you blindly support anybody, you're not as cool as you think.
    chances are you're upset right now.
    im not into following the daily political happenings of any president.
    i have more important things to be doing.
    i hope they can be a decent person and help their fellow man.

examples:
    picking my nose.
    writing poetry.
    picking my nose again.
    writing poetry again.
    sometimes helping old ladies cross the street.
    mostly im picking my nose.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    DewieCox wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

concur.

excellent article in rollingstone about how obama has horrifically mismanaged this oil disaster....i've only read part of it so far. it is telling considering its coming from such a left wing publication that seemingly does nothing but bash those on the right and promote the likes of britney spears and the jonas brothers....wait, what?
    www.myspace.com
    i fell asleep after rolling stone...

what happened?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce