Is Obama the Worst President Ever?

Comments

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Obama took over at a very difficult time...he has the responsibility of fixing the W mess!

W took over at a very good time (courtesy of Pres. Clinton, thank you!), and screwed it all up!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    gabers wrote:
    You see, W was such a collosal fuckup in every sense of the word, Obama could start sporting a do rag and drinkin' 40's at his press conferences, refer to his cabinet as "my niggaz", and nominate Al Sharpton for the Supreme Court and he'd still not be the worst president by a long shot. Of course, there'd be a line of rednecks as long as the Mason Dixon line waiting to shoot his butt, but that's how big the difference between these two presidents are, IMO.

:lol: Funny, but true!
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Byrnzie wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    I can't believe Ronald Reagan hasn't been brought up in this conversation. It is his economic plan (neoliberalism) that has taken the power from the people and placed it firmly in the hands of the corporate few, helped create the widest margin between the rich and poor in this country in over a hundred years, and, as Jeagler pointed out, made all of our politicians the same b/c they only get elected by getting funded by corporations (even Obama did that). It is his plan that led to the decimation of labor unions, underhanded racism (convincing people that Affirmative Action is unfair), overt sexism (Title IX repealed - interestingly all those "olympic sports" that claim that women's sports are forcing their decimation actually got cut at a faster rate during this time), and, as I mentioned before, class warfare (when he came into office CEO's made 15 to 1 of the average worker, now it is 500 to 1). He also ramped up military spending, and blasted through billions while lining the pockets of his friends and corporate funders. If you want to discuss the raw damage that a President and his legacy has put on the United States Reagan HAS to be considered in the top 5 suckiest Presidents of all time. The problem is that he was so persuasive that it's hard for even the most critical people to think outside of his corporate rich white male supremacist doctrine.

Not to mention his backing of the death squads in South America which saw hundreds of thousands of civilians slaughtered.
    Oh, and Iran Contra.

he did end the cold war....oh wait....that was rocky.

...with the help of Rambo.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    I don't think Obama is the "Worst USA President Ever." Who is though, IMO, is Richard Nixon. He has bankrupt America & the world by industrializing China. Almost every single product you see today is Made in China. I'm Canadian & what I see here in my own country & my visits to the USA is that almost 80% of items in the stores across these two great countries are Made in China.

I had friends that just came back from Jamaica that bought me a t-shirt. They told me stories that they had a hard time finding one @ the local boutique stores, hotel & anything close by that was Made in Jamaica cause everything there was Made in China. Lucky they found one. What ever happen to the Made in USA or Made in Canada product? It's gone! Only a lucky handful of businesses are still active & around. It's not right at all. Shop at your local Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Zellers, Best Buy etc.. Almost half (even more) of their stock are Made in China. I used to work for a huge computer/printer company and thought they were 100% USA brand. But the calls coming in, all the items were made & built were in China. Their tech support was in India. :|

Today I'm a Ceramic Tile & Marble, Granite, Slate installer and the boxes & boxes coming in to our local flooring center, Home Depot, Kents, huge tiling centers across this country are Made in China. On the boxes you will see/read "Beautiful Porcelain Italian Tiles" etc.. But on the side of the boxes & on the bottom of the tiles, it's Made in China. Added bonus, remember those red mittens Oprah was so crazy about? The one's for the 2010 Vancouver Winter Games? Guess where they were made? Not in Canada! But you know where ...

Someday oh someday I hope they block all ships, airplanes, even lock down the border that no Made in China product leaves & enters North America. Just a few day's ago the new iPad just got released. I'm sad to read & hear on the new's that Apple had all their products built in sweat shops in China & many suicide cases have been posted online. Their iPods, iPhones, Macs etc.. The reason was for higher demand of their product. Now they decided to raise their pay to 20%.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/tec ... le1583890/

"The basic salary at the China plants of Foxconn Technology Group – which makes iPhones and other popular gadgets – is currently about 900 yuan ($130 U.S.) per month!"

Why not build them in USA? Oh, it will cost the company a lot to build here so why not let that 5 year old kid work his ass off all day for a few bucks to build that shit that goes for 500 bucks. That's great! That's real great!

D'oh! Sorry for that long rant. But it pisses me off & it pisses everybody off who are in the construction, installing, building, selling, owning a business field etc.. that have lost their job or can't stand to see every single item in stores or even half the shit that's in your very home right now that was built in China. Made in USA & Made in Canada has disappeared. And who is to blame? The president? Yes! Who started this? Richard Nixon.

I am Canadian! And I love my country. And I love my (USA) brother. I am angry & upset to see these two countries are losing these jobs while we have the resources & people to do it. We are getting our asses completely wiped out with products after products after products coming into our land from one & only country, China! There can only be so much. There should be a max limit that's coming in to our land. If this continues, both our countries will be overrun by China. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

I hope Obama does something to stop this. As for the prime minister of Canada and what he's doing? He can't say anything about this cause he only obeys what bigger brother (USA) say's. :|

Actually the main reason we import so many foreign made goods is because of the national debt. we pay back countries by importing their goods. Clinton had a plan to eliminate the national debt...as someone mentioned earlier in this thread he had run a surplus for the first time in over 50 years. bush, not only eliminated the surplus, but created record deficit amounts (and once again growing the national debt)

it's worth noting that this surplus was created with republicans controling both the house and senate.

I'm independent, so I didn't mean to sound like a liberal (not sure if I came across that way). For the record I voted for mccain in the last election, but I didn't love either candidate.
  • joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    its interesting being an australian and reading some of this stuff, dont know much about american history and such, come to think of it dont know much about australian history either....shame on me, but i think no matter what any political leader does, its going to rub some people the wrong way, our prime minister gave away $1000 dollar cheques last year, and as a result sent us into a semi-recession, interest rates were low and people were trying to buy homes....yet the guy in before wasnt liked either because of the high interest rate levels, but the economy was in reasonable shape and pretty sure in a budget surplus and not deficit like we are in now i think...i figure its pointless going back and forth tryin to dictate who is better or worse, they are all as bad as each other imo.
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659
    DewieCox wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:

I asked you what he said after 9/11 that was right.

As far as the U.S being united after 9/11 they were just united in blood lust and a juvenile feeling of revenge encouraged by the idiot frat boys of the Bush Administration and your servile media.
    Fat lot of good it did though, as Osama Bin Laden is still alive, Al Queda is still operating, and the American tax payers are still channeling over $4 Billion of military aid into Israel every year ensuring that Americans will still be hated by millions across the world. I.e, Business as usual.

he didn't have to say much and the initial message was more " stand united" than "kill bin laden"

I think Bush sucked pretty bad but Obama hasn't done much better

united?
    bush READ a speech written by a professional writer
    oh, it was emotional
    but they weren't his words, or even HIS thoughts
    and all those people who get their brains sucked out every night watching
    the "news"
    american idol
    oprah
    2 and a half men
    and bill o'fuckin'reilly
    got "united"
    do you really think that fuckin monkey who sat in that school on 9-11 for 6 or 7 minutes
    doing nothing
    united anyone

bush united the country almost the same way fdr "united " us when he let japan bomb pearl harbor
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    edited June 2010
    obama is a centrist at best, most likely a conservative democrat. .

there's nothing conservative about all the money he's spent over the last couple years.

when's the last time we had a real liberal or conservative instead of a corporate whore?

every president is a corporatist but the team they play on determines which voting base gets the crumbs thrown at them for 4 years to keep their support
    Post edited by Pepe Silvia on
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
    barack obama on his campaign promises:

"Sometimes during campaigns the rhetoric gets overheated and amplified," he conceded, after I reminded him that he had called NAFTA "devastating" and "a big mistake," despite nonpartisan studies concluding that the trade zone has had a mild, positive effect on the U.S. economy.

Does that mean his rhetoric was overheated and amplified? "Politicians are always guilty of that, and I don't exempt myself," he answered.
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Obama took over at a very difficult time...he has the responsibility of fixing the W mess!

W took over at a very good time (courtesy of Pres. Clinton, thank you!), and screwed it all up!

huh?

w took over in the middle of a recession after the dot.com bubble burst and then had to deal with 9/11 in his first year. might want to set your way back machine to 2001 for a lil bit and then edit your post... :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :problem:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Actually the main reason we import so many foreign made goods is because of the national debt. we pay back countries by importing their goods. Clinton had a plan to eliminate the national debt...as someone mentioned earlier in this thread he had run a surplus for the first time in over 50 years. bush, not only eliminated the surplus, but created record deficit amounts (and once again growing the national debt)

it's worth noting that this surplus was created with republicans controling both the house and senate.

I'm independent, so I didn't mean to sound like a liberal (not sure if I came across that way). For the record I voted for mccain in the last election, but I didn't love either candidate.

i too am an independent. repubs don't get nearly enough credit for that surplus as they should though.
    www.myspace.com

"Sometimes during campaigns the rhetoric gets overheated and amplified," he conceded, after I reminded him that he had called NAFTA "devastating" and "a big mistake," despite nonpartisan studies concluding that the trade zone has had a mild, positive effect on the U.S. economy.

Does that mean his rhetoric was overheated and amplified? "Politicians are always guilty of that, and I don't exempt myself," he answered.

translation: "despite the media's praises a couple years ago, i am no different than any other politician this town, or my hometown of chicago :roll: , has ever produced. suck on it america!" :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    what i find interesting is most ex-presidents take up a cause of some kind to at least kinda show they care about something ... W is golfing and doing public speaking engagementss charging an arm and a leg ... :lol:
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    polaris_x wrote:
    what i find interesting is most ex-presidents take up a cause of some kind to at least kinda show they care about something ... W is golfing and doing public speaking engagementss charging an arm and a leg ... :lol:
    i would not ever pay W a fucking dime to listen to his bullshit speech.
    i would however pay him a dime to kick him in the balls.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RascalKingRascalKing Posts: 31
    Sawyer wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    Um, W might have something to say about that.

i disagree wholeheartedly and respect him for having to deal with 9/11
    Really? I mean, a rock could have dealt with 9/11.

Obama is doing fine, unless you disagree with him. Welcome to politics.

W would have made a better car salesman. C average students should not be running a country.

Iraq was his first major, and I mean MAJOR fuck up. Boy, that was a waste of tax dollars.

As a car salesman who was a C average student I take exception to being compared to W! :D
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    PearlJam24 wrote:
    The problem is not so much the President as it is the legislative branch. Sure Obama and other Presidents before him had ideas to try and make this country better but it's difficult to accomplish things with corrupt politicians. It's a game to these morons who like to play republicans vs. democrats. They don't care about you or your country...they care about how much money in bribes they can hide in their backyards, attics, or freezers.

In regards to the oil spill in the gulf...what a mess. As a resident of Louisiana I'm devistated. I'm at a loss of words about how bad this is for our marshes, wetlands, and wildlife. I place the blame on BP. With all the information coming out, BP was the one looking the other way when it came to the safety of the crew and took short cuts when operating their machinery. They knew they had a problem with the blow out preventer days before the accident occurred but chose to ignore it because they didn't want to spend the money to fix it. I work for ExxonMobil and this is the same attitude that I see everyday at work. These companies don't give two shits about their employees. Equipment is breaking down and they refuse to spend money to fix it. I worry about my safety every day at work. To quote one of my co-workers who has been there for 30 years, "They're going to kill someone running things this way." All to save a fucking penny.

The government cannot to much of anything to stop the oil. Yes the major oil companies are working together behind closed doors. With the leak being 5000 feet below the surface of the gulf, and leaking pipes laid out like spaghetti noodles on the gulf floor...no one's prepared for a catastrophe like this. They had a similar problem off the coast of Mexico and it took them 9 months to cap the well. It's just sad that it could have been avoided and the 11 people that lost their lives in the blast could be at home with their families right now. All over what BP, a few thousand fucking dollars? And you were making how much a day? Oh yeah, that's right, over a million...do me a favor, clean the shit up and get the fuck out of our country. You're not welcome anymore!

Good post.
    However, as you said the govt cant do much to stop the oil, at least they are making strides in the right direction. I read somewhere on the White House website that The entire White House fleet is being converted to plug ins as security permits, and half of all automobiles purchased by the federal government will be plug in hybrids or entirely electric by 2012. This is a good start and a "lead by exapmle"...
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393

Is a successful policy only that if it helps our economy? That's what I was saying about Reagan he has so shaped our culture to defining success through profit, rather than human rights, dignity, and care for others that even Barrack Obama couldn't come back with a thoughtful, and important:
    Well how does NAFTA make us money? Oh yeah our corporations raided Mexico, took the people's land for their benefit, destroyed the Mexican education system, and then created cheap labor pools in Mexico and (il)legal alien labor in America (because whatever bullshit they are paying is more than Mexico). Now corporations don't have to pay their American workers more creating job loss here, and raising tensions in the U.S. between the working class and "illegals", which started stupid racial profiling laws in Arizona. So yeah, NAFTA was a big mistake, and it was a big mistake for me (Obama) to have taken campaign funding from corporations who are benefitting from it.
  • PearlJam24PearlJam24 Posts: 340
    PearlJam24 wrote:
    The problem is not so much the President as it is the legislative branch. Sure Obama and other Presidents before him had ideas to try and make this country better but it's difficult to accomplish things with corrupt politicians. It's a game to these morons who like to play republicans vs. democrats. They don't care about you or your country...they care about how much money in bribes they can hide in their backyards, attics, or freezers.

In regards to the oil spill in the gulf...what a mess. As a resident of Louisiana I'm devistated. I'm at a loss of words about how bad this is for our marshes, wetlands, and wildlife. I place the blame on BP. With all the information coming out, BP was the one looking the other way when it came to the safety of the crew and took short cuts when operating their machinery. They knew they had a problem with the blow out preventer days before the accident occurred but chose to ignore it because they didn't want to spend the money to fix it. I work for ExxonMobil and this is the same attitude that I see everyday at work. These companies don't give two shits about their employees. Equipment is breaking down and they refuse to spend money to fix it. I worry about my safety every day at work. To quote one of my co-workers who has been there for 30 years, "They're going to kill someone running things this way." All to save a fucking penny.

The government cannot to much of anything to stop the oil. Yes the major oil companies are working together behind closed doors. With the leak being 5000 feet below the surface of the gulf, and leaking pipes laid out like spaghetti noodles on the gulf floor...no one's prepared for a catastrophe like this. They had a similar problem off the coast of Mexico and it took them 9 months to cap the well. It's just sad that it could have been avoided and the 11 people that lost their lives in the blast could be at home with their families right now. All over what BP, a few thousand fucking dollars? And you were making how much a day? Oh yeah, that's right, over a million...do me a favor, clean the shit up and get the fuck out of our country. You're not welcome anymore!

Good post.
    However, as you said the govt cant do much to stop the oil, at least they are making strides in the right direction. I read somewhere on the White House website that The entire White House fleet is being converted to plug ins as security permits, and half of all automobiles purchased by the federal government will be plug in hybrids or entirely electric by 2012. This is a good start and a "lead by exapmle"...

Sorry, I should clarify. When I said the government cannot do much to stop the oil, I was referring to the leak in the gulf. We have to continue to drill offshore until we stop being dependent on foreign oil. I just hope they put tighter restrictions in place so if something like this were to happen again, they could stop the oil flow immediately. I agree with you that the government are making strides in the right direction. We had the opportunity to make our automobiles more efficient 30 years ago but I believe the Carter administration chose not to. Better late then never!
    PearlJam24 wrote:
    Sorry, I should clarify. When I said the government cannot do much to stop the oil, I was referring to the leak in the gulf. We have to continue to drill offshore until we stop being dependent on foreign oil. I just hope they put tighter restrictions in place so if something like this were to happen again, they could stop the oil flow immediately. I agree with you that the government are making strides in the right direction. We had the opportunity to make our automobiles more efficient 30 years ago but I believe the Carter administration chose not to. Better late then never!

Carter? He's the guy that put solar panels on the white house only to have the next guy shred them ... as for oil spills ... they have been spilling oil in the oceans for decades ... for those that don't know there was a spill in alaska recently too ... 31 years ago there was a similar leak in the gulf of mexico and alaska as well ... oil companies are not interested in doing anything safe ... it's all about the $$$
    polaris_x wrote:
    PearlJam24 wrote:

Carter? He's the guy that put solar panels on the white house only to have the next guy shred them ... as for oil spills ... they have been spilling oil in the oceans for decades ... for those that don't know there was a spill in alaska recently too ... 31 years ago there was a similar leak in the gulf of mexico and alaska as well ... oil companies are not interested in doing anything safe ... it's all about the $$$
    Who was the next guy again?
    RW81233 wrote:

you know ... the guy all conservatives worship as the greatest president of all time ...
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Why is this thread in the AET??
    It keeps getting bumped ahead of the Kitty Thread... :evil:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Byrnzie wrote:

Bush and his criminal buddies should be sent to the Hague and punished accordingly as war criminals.

This.

Not to mention they literally stole the election in 2000.
    polaris_x wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

you know ... the guy all conservatives worship as the greatest president of all time ...
    aka the man who ruined america
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    PearlJam24 wrote:

ah, yes I misread that, sorry. And you are right.
    But on an aside, it is good what the White house is doing with alternative energy and alternatively powered automobiles will put us in the right direction to get off foreign oil somehow/someday. It's funny though I don't hear much about it in the news. I hope it picks up pace (especially in the face of such a horrible environmental disaster as this BP thing)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    PearlJam24 wrote:

ah, yes I misread that, sorry. And you are right.
    But on an aside, it is good what the White house is doing with alternative energy and alternatively powered automobiles will put us in the right direction to get off foreign oil somehow/someday. It's funny though I don't hear much about it in the news. I hope it picks up pace (especially in the face of such a horrible environmental disaster as this BP thing)

actually, there was more money in the budget for oil, coal and nuclear EACH than all alternatives combined. in fact, there was nearly 11 times the amount of $ given towards just loan guarantees to build new nuclear power plants (which will take years to build and several decades to pay back) than all alternatives!
    don't compete; coexist

RW81233 wrote:

Is a successful policy only that if it helps our economy? That's what I was saying about Reagan he has so shaped our culture to defining success through profit, rather than human rights, dignity, and care for others that even Barrack Obama couldn't come back with a thoughtful, and important:
    Well how does NAFTA make us money? Oh yeah our corporations raided Mexico, took the people's land for their benefit, destroyed the Mexican education system, and then created cheap labor pools in Mexico and (il)legal alien labor in America (because whatever bullshit they are paying is more than Mexico). Now corporations don't have to pay their American workers more creating job loss here, and raising tensions in the U.S. between the working class and "illegals", which started stupid racial profiling laws in Arizona. So yeah, NAFTA was a big mistake, and it was a big mistake for me (Obama) to have taken campaign funding from corporations who are benefitting from it.

he didn't say that because he was never interested in renegotiating NAFTA. remember during the primaries when the notes from a meeting with obama's chief economic and trade advisor saying obama's anti-NAFTA talk was “more reflective of political maneuvering than policy.” and all his supporters said that was a lie and just wait, he will prove the liars all wrong....!!! only to have him say he never intended to do any of the things he said about NAFTA on the campaign trail and he must have just gotten carried away when he said those things.... :roll:

here's a decent article on his backtracking on his NAFTA promise and how he pretty much took clinton's stance on it until he won the nomination then contradicted everything he said during the primaries

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/18/magazin ... a.fortune/
    don't compete; coexist

metsfan wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:
    Roland Martin: If you are elected what is the very first thing that you focus on as Commander in Chief of this country?

Barack Obama: Well, we will call in the Joint Chiefs of Staff. I will give them a new assignment and that is to bring our troops home in a careful, responsible way, but to end this occupation in Iraq. I will call in my Secretary of State and initiate the diplomacy that's needed to make sure that exit is accompanied by negotiations between the Shiites, Sunnis and Kurds.

Not the Worst president ever, but send 30,000 more troops to iraq and afganistan after saying this (which is the reason i voted for him) = he sucks ASS!!!
    biggest reason why i won't be voting for him in 2012.

in all fairness his website said the entire time during his campaign that he would escalate the war in afghanistan and most of the troops leaving iraq would just be redeployed to afghanistan. he even called the war in afghanistan a "war of necessity" when he accepted the peace prize for fuck's sake!

personally i like his quote about iraq that is in my sig ;)

we also seem to be forgetting obama started bombing pakistan which displaced millions right before last winter
    don't compete; coexist

RW81233 wrote:

he didn't say that because he was never interested in renegotiating NAFTA. remember during the primaries when the notes from a meeting with obama's chief economic and trade advisor saying obama's anti-NAFTA talk was “more reflective of political maneuvering than policy.” and all his supporters said that was a lie and just wait, he will prove the liars all wrong....!!! only to have him say he never intended to do any of the things he said about NAFTA on the campaign trail and he must have just gotten carried away when he said those things.... :roll:

here's a decent article on his backtracking on his NAFTA promise and how he pretty much took clinton's stance on it until he won the nomination then contradicted everything he said during the primaries

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/18/magazin ... a.fortune/
    i think we are both in agreement here. i was suggesting that he wasn't ever interested in complaining about NAFTA because he was funded by the very people that real change to NAFTA would effect most.
    RW81233 wrote:
    i think we are both in agreement here. i was suggesting that he wasn't ever interested in complaining about NAFTA because he was funded by the very people that real change to NAFTA would effect most.

oh....my bad! :mrgreen:
    don't compete; coexist