*** MSG 1 Fanviews Here 5/20/10 ***

Comments

• cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    Ok, my thoughts the morning after.

I had great 10C seats (sec. 121 with 420,000). Crowd was amazing, better than 08, loud, sweaty, rocking.

Borught a PJ virgin with me, he loved the show, and got to sing "Jeremy", the only song he knows :?

Someone said they scraped off Got Some... In fact, at the end of "Do The Evolution" Eddie made a clear sign to the others (like: "That's it for the main set"). I guess it's because the energy was so HIGH that they had to pace themselves (and he actually said that as soon as he came out for the following set).

Unbelievable the amount of stuff that the guys throw from the stage! :D

Highlights for me were: Sometimes, The End, Unthought Known (that build-up is just AMAZING), Alive.

Yesterday the Garden was barely shacking, tonight we're gonna break it into pieces :)
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Good show far from epic,crowd was loud.I thought the 08 crowds were louder but this was a good crowd.Loved the sometimes into breakerfall start. Down into I got shit was amazing as well.After the strings went away encore 1 rocked.solat could be played 3 times every show and I'd never get sick of it.This show ranks at about 8-10 of my 15 shows I've been too.can't wait for tomorrow,bring on breathe,no way,tremorchrist,dirtyfrank,and immorality
    This is a fair review... it was a great show, but middle-of-the-road when I try to rank it. Crowd was definitely better in 08... although the setlist in 08 was even more safe than yesterday so I think I'd give the edge to yesterday over the 08 shows.
  • TresentPenseTresentPense Posts: 551
    1) If you weren't there, you don't really have an opinion in this thread.
    2) show was fantastic start to finish, end of story. Can't wait to go back tonight.
    3) only thing I can say that hasn't already been said is that I was spoiled with my 10c seats in Hartford & Newark and half my non-10c section sat all night. Unbelievable. Looking forward to being with the rest of you animals in the fan seats tonight. Also - my section (132) was an anomaly - seemed like just about the entire place was up and rocking all night.
    '98: 8/22
    '00: 8/23 8/24 8/25
    '03: 4/30 7/2 7/3 7/8 7/9 7/11
    '04: 10/1
    '06: 5/13 5/27 5/28 6/1 6/3
    '08: 6/24 6/25 6/27 6/28 7/1
    '09: 10/30 10/31
    '10: 5/15 5/18 5/20 5/21 6/25
    '11: 9/3 9/4
    '12: 9/2 9/22
    '13: 7/19 10/18 10/19 10/21 10/22 11/23 11/24
    '14: 10/19
    '15: 9/26
    '16: 4/8 4/9 4/11 4/28 4/29 5/1 5/2 8/5 8/7
    '17: RNRHOF 4/17
    '18: 9/2 9/4
    '21: 9/18
  • chrisg72chrisg72 Posts: 112
    I was there and in section 90. I could not believe the crowd around me....what a downer. Most people in my section were sitting down :shock: I couldn't believe it! Oh well I didn't sit down once....
    9.28.96 - 9.29.96 - 9.1.00 - 6.3.06 - 6.24.08 - 6.25.08 - EV 8.7.08 - 10.30.09 - 5.20.10 - 5.21.10 - 9.11.11
  • skinnylegsskinnylegs Posts: 112
    I was front row, DEAD center!! MY life? Complete. Thank you ten club!!

Actually wasn't thrilled with the setlist, I guess to each his own. I also thought the sound was a bit muddled- I couldn't understand a single word Ed said!

Otherwise a great show and the time of my life! Can't wait for tonight!
    "Those who dance are called insane by people who don't hear the music."
  • treilly13treilly13 Posts: 8
    i'm still overwhelmed. thank you so much 10 club for those amazing seats. had front row in section 3, literally right in front of everything. caught so many guitar picks, eddie drank some of my beer, my girlfriend showed mccready and eddie her I am Mine tattoo and eddie tossed her his EV guitar pick. So many memories. My only gripe was the girl in the neckbrace who would not pass the bottle during crazy mary. haha cant complain too much tho. cant wait for tonight!!! :D:D
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    LUV the Setlist! :)
  • Nitsua87Nitsua87 Posts: 95
    I was at Boston and Newark and this show blew them both away. We were in Section 66 right behind the stage and the seats beneath us were shaking pretty much all night. LOTS of energy in the place.
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    edited May 2010
    I was kinda “there” – it was my 14 year old daughter’s (JunjouAmaranth) 1st concert EVER and she went with her dad, mysmallself. I had been looking forward to this for a long time and so has she! I was very excited and very nervous for her! Worried, even. Hahaha.

I don’t want to be one of these parents who speak for their children and I hope she’ll feel comfortable writing her own review here.

I had prepared her long before that she wouldn’t be sitting anywhere close to the stage based on her dad’s high 10c # (305, xxx) but we were bummed out when we found out they were on the floor in the very back – section 11, row e. I had kind of expected that they would be in the wing section, expecting them to at least see the “ants” on the stage.

I asked her to take a picture from their seats before the show in section 11 and it really wasn’t so bad. All was forgotten as soon as the show started! I never got a text message from either her or dad during the show, which was a very, very good sign of them having a great time!

And they did. My daughter said it was ‘AN AMAZING SHOW!!!!” and that her shoulders hurt!! (Rocking out) I’m glad she loosened up and enjoyed her first concert with Pearl Jam and her dad!!!

I am glad they opened with Sometimes (her dad’s song)! And good to see my song played for the first time!! Although I gotta warn you here… if you don’t want the interpretation of “Comatose” to be ruined, stop reading the rest of this paragraph!! But that song is forever visually ruined for me – back at Grand Rapids ’06, the ASL interpreter had her own interpretation of that song in American Sign Language– erection. :oops: And that song was played right after my song last night??!! :P Gee, thanks!!! ;)

Anyway, they had a great time and visiting NYC since Wednesday and even though they’re coming home tomorrow, I don’t think they’ll go see PJ again tonight. Dang, NYC is sooo expensive!!! Time for them to come home!!! I miss them already.

Enjoy tonight’s show, everybody, and don’t worry too much about your seats – lose yourself in the music! :D

P.S. Thanks, 10c!!! :D
    Post edited by IamMine on
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
    I was front row, DEAD center!! MY life? Complete. Thank you ten club!!

Actually wasn't thrilled with the setlist, I guess to each his own. I also thought the sound was a bit muddled- I couldn't understand a single word Ed said!

Otherwise a great show and the time of my life! Can't wait for tonight!

were you the girl next to us who caught the tambourine?
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    Quick review.
    Was in 219, row A (slightly towards rear on Stone's side...basically behind Boom). Great seats for my not so great 430 number. Good crowd around me for the most part. Loved the setlist, even if it was kind of weird at times.
    The highlight of my night was hearing Breakerfall and knowing that BD's 9 yr old was across the venue freaking out.... :D
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    man
    i am so jealous
    i wish i could see a show there
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • saviefavsaviefav Posts: 18
    Un-flippin'-believable! Does anyone have video of animal? I would love to see that!
  • njaussienjaussie Posts: 12
    Wow great show. Setlist was great and the guys were really on, think the crowd really helped after disappointing crowd in Newark. This was right up with the Hartford gig. Kudos to the 2 girls next to me who rocked out the whole show, made the night so much better with fans into it as much as you are.

Can't wait for tonite, I'm sure the tank will be emptied.
  • More_BarnMore_Barn Posts: 33
    Sounds like the boys kicked ass, yet again!! Wish I was there! Saw PJ for the first time in 2003 at MSG and the crowd there was unbelievable as well. Anyone have video of Lukin, with string quartet. Love to hear that. One of my favorite songs.
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    Danimal wrote:
    String quartet? Booooooooooooooooo

That stinks!

Setlist...meh!
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    thunderDAN wrote:
    Danimal wrote:
    String quartet? Booooooooooooooooo

That stinks!

Setlist...meh!
    yep... we'll get the string quartet again tonight, but HOPEFULLY a la Philly they drop The End and do something else along with JB.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Ed wear a PIL shirt last night?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • claude106claude106 Posts: 5
    did towsend actually show up?
  • yakko69yakko69 Posts: 131
    Was it me or was security on the floor acting like rent-a-cops? We would step a foot over the tape on the floor and they would tap you to move in. They were giving EVERYONE a hard time, including
    hot chicks! They did this all the way until the very last song. Kinda kills the mood when youre jammin' and you keep getting yelled at!
    ...44 shows...and counting....
  • nwaisbrotnwaisbrot Posts: 1
    Great show....always good energy. Setlist was decent, band wasn't as talkative as they usually are at MSG.....but impossible to not have a great time. Going tonight. Hoping to see some more out of the box stuff on last show of the tour!
  • vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 475
    like others have said, if u werent there you cant appreciate how good this show was.

the energy in MSG tonight was unreal. The band definitely felt it. its great when a band appreciates you as much as you appreciate them.

that main set was killer, barely a second to catch your breath. i was dripping sweat 4 songs in. unthought known is already a PJ classic. SOLAT, Once, Porch...wow, def thought Once was closing the first encore.

got to get my legs and voice back to do it again tonight !

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • More_BarnMore_Barn Posts: 33
    yakko69 wrote:
    Was it me or was security on the floor acting like rent-a-cops? We would step a foot over the tape on the floor and they would tap you to move in. They were giving EVERYONE a hard time, including
    hot chicks! They did this all the way until the very last song. Kinda kills the mood when youre jammin' and you keep getting yelled at!

They did the same thing at Newark. Just a hassle!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    I thought the show is upper middle of the pack for me. Seated in section 10 row H 319xxx. Kinda far and the sound seemed a bit muddled. I love the elevated floor section though +1 msg.

Love sometimes breakerfall last exit to open.

It was awesome to see miracles in nyc... special thing. I am mine seems to have some significance too. Liked to see the jb dedication to our friend here and his dad.

Made the horrible mistake of peeking at the setlist before the show. I looked away quick but my friend saw the whole thing. He swears to never do that again. Indeed got some was to close the main set.

The crowd was decent. People were into the show but it really wasn't that wild and loud. I think tonight will be where its at.

Preparty was fun. Met some awesome people who were fun to hang out with. You always have to love the mutual interest of pearl jam.

Can't wait to do it again tonight, but better.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    im fucked for tonight ..i have no voice

kudos to sec 56 rocking hard
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • jmarimonjmarimon Posts: 6
    great show. energy was unreal. I was in sec 311, after being shutout from fanclub sale, and section was rocking. Mankind, was awesome, haven't seen since Jones Beach and it's a true pleasure to see.

Can't wait for tonight.

BTW, Black Keys were great and glad to see the good crowd response, always nice to see.
    96: Randalls Island 9/28
    98: E. Rutherford 9/8 , MSG 9/10
    00: Jones Beach 8/24, 8/25
    03: Uniondale 4/30, MSG 7/8, 7/9, Holmdell 7/14
    06: Camden 5/27, E.Rutherford 6/1, 6/3
    08: MSG 6/24, 6/25, Beacon Theatre 7/1
    09: Spectrum 10/30, 10/31
    10: Newark 5/18, MSG 5/20, MSG 5/21
    13: Brooklyn 10/19
    15: Global Citizen Fest 9/26
    16: MSG 5/01, Fenway 08/05, Wrigley 08/20
    21: Ohana 10/01, 10/02
    22: LA 05/06
    how'd you see the setlist?
  • Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 859
    Awesome show! Great 10c seats on mikes side of the stage, great perspective to watch the show from! Such a great night...
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 8/26/24, 9/12/24, 9/27/24, 9/29/24
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    norm hope ya loved it dude
    :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635
    Agree with others who said it was like taking ecstasy or psychedelics -- only you didn't-- the turbocharged energy of that amazing crowd plus the transformative power of the music, it's as mind-altering as any drug, in the best possible way. I've never been to Boston but in my experience there's nothing like the energy at MSG. Maybe 'cause I'm a New Yorker but when you put together two of the wonders of the world (PJ + NYC) something really explosive happens. Can't wait till tonight!

Army Reserve blew my mind. Totally unbelievable. I always love SOLAT but for some reason last night it seemed to kick my ass into another dimension, it was so intense, I just loved it. Sometimes--> Breakerfall-->Last Exit -->Animal was a terrifically aggressive early sequence. Love Reign O'er Me was the best I've heard it.

And say what you want, I always love Even Flow and last night was no exception.

Those were probably the worst seats I've ever had, two rows up from the back of the floor, but I can't complain, it was still great.