*** MSG 1 Fanviews Here 5/20/10 ***

Comments

• bmckpjbmckpj Posts: 2
    I constantly see people complain that their section was not any good. What does that mean? The last show I saw was Hartford and it kicked ass.
  • Great show !!! Great Crowd !!! One of the best I've seen (12th show for me).
    Pearl Jam should play MSG every year like the Alman Bros. play the Beacon every spring !! :D
    Can't wait to get the Bootleg!!!
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    NYC..beautifull weather....awsome pre-party with 10c....a stroll through central park....dancing with mrs.blenderman all night while pj tore down msg....priceless :mrgreen:
  • releasemedcreleasemedc Posts: 48
    Pretty sure I would've paid for a ticket and made the trip just to see Love Reign O'er Me. That was just stellar. The band was amazing, as always, and, section 94 was solid. I Got ID, SOLAT... only Pearl Jam can sound so beautiful and kick so much ass at the same time.

Would have liked to see Breath (finally) and Hunger Strike on Friday, but some asshole sold me a fake ticket and I never made it in. Just heartbreaking. I drowned my sorrows with lots of whiskey and practically assaulted some poor kid after the show with 50 questions about the set list. When he said they did Hunger Strike, I almost fell off my bar stool.

I'm so thankful that I got to see them on Thursday, and in VA on the 13th. Such an amazing experience every single time. Met some great TC folks this time too. It's always nice to meet people who don't look at me funny when I talk about this band :)
    Vegas 12/1/93 & 7/11/98 -- SLC 11/2/95 -- San Diego 10/25/00 & 6/5/03 -- DC 5/30/06 & 6/22/08 -- SF 8/28/09 -- Philly 10/31/09, 10/21/13 & 10/22/13 -- Bristow 5/13/10 -- MSG 5/20/10 -- ATL 9/22/12 -- Baltimore 10/27/13 -- LA 11/24/13 -- Leeds 7/8/14 -- Denver 10/22/14

EVx5
  • Didn't have my laptop for the 2 days I was in NYC...and I am posting this on Saturday after MSG 2....(40 plus shows now since '92..)

MSG def rocks, LOVED to hear Stone sing, Indifference closing...Comatose from self -titled(my fav PJ album), FORCE OF NATURE, Army reserve, and I LOVE INSIGNIFICANCE!!

Sec 327, left of stage, at an angle from BOOM.....GOOD VIEW, as I have said before, behind the stage is good
    if I don't get 10C seats...157xxx...

I loved how Ed caught 2 separate things tossed to him when he was behind the stage with his bottle and a cigarette in is mouth....lol

Christopher
  • i was at this concert...my second pearl jam show. this set was downright magical! the only thing i wouldve wanted different would be to hear betterman. but honestly this show blew me away. AMAZINGGG :D
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    Didn't have my laptop for the 2 days I was in NYC...and I am posting this on Saturday after MSG 2....(40 plus shows now since '92..)

MSG def rocks, LOVED to hear Stone sing, Indifference closing...Comatose from self -titled(my fav PJ album), FORCE OF NATURE, Army reserve, and I LOVE INSIGNIFICANCE!!

Sec 327, left of stage, at an angle from BOOM.....GOOD VIEW, as I have said before, behind the stage is good
    if I don't get 10C seats...157xxx...

I loved how Ed caught 2 separate things tossed to him when he was behind the stage with his bottle and a cigarette in is mouth....lol

Christopher
    i was 327 row a. it was an awsome veiw! ed turnred around ALOT!
  • mavimavi Posts: 941
    MSGII was so insane I kind of had forgotten about Thursday for a bit, but I just finished listening to an audience boot and damn, it was such a good show as well. Can't wait for the official bootleg to come out!!

I'm just happy and know myself privileged for having seen the boys 3 times last week.
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    Here are my pictures from 6th row inbetween mike and ed.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 10c94e8f75

these are great! I'm in one of them trying to get my phone to work!
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    amazing show. i love seeing PJ in this arena because the crowd adds so much to it. The setlist wasn't the greatest setlist ever conceived, but who cares.......being in that crowd and singing along to the point you can barely hear the band is a crazy feeling. Like no other venue as far as I think. Seeing "Force of Nature" live was worth the trip for me, love that song. Hanging out with Mike, Sara, Sarah, and Nick was a blast from the afternoon until the wee hours.
    And Nick (PJBravesfan is the man! Thank you!) Nothing like winning the lottery.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • I'm sorry, but Closing The Spectrum will never be topped, IMO, but both of these shows were phenomenal in their own right. Think I got 'shit' seats from 10C, as they were on the side of the stage in the 200 Level (2nd night was one row closer and two seats further to the back of the stage,) but that ain't shit to me... people with Member#s better than mine probably got 'unobstructed' views much worse than mine... I'll take those seats any day 8-) Many great moments. 'Jeremy' was far better this night (and it was a treat to get the Big 3 from Ten,) and the whole Army Reserve moment was wonderful, as was much of Eddie's banter. Great night.

Here's my view of Even Flow... the first 30 seconds blow as I dashed to get to a better spot, but then it's a pretty good and close view from Mike's side of the stage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e82epdGg2KQ
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    My first Pearl Jam show and I couldn't have asked for much more!! It was beyond my expectations. The anticipation for this show for me was SO MASSIVE and it just was a whirlwind. Seeing Pearl Jam live just brought their music to a whole new level- it was just the most amazing thing to see!

If you're at all interested, here's my account of this night & night 2 in detail:
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=133267

THANKS, PJ!!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    Thoroughly kicking myself for not buying tix to MSG 2 when I had the chance... I'm telling myself now that I will give in next time whatever the price...Until then I still had a great time at MSG 1, and got some great seats.. back corner of the stage but still pretty damn close, same as I got in 2008. Here's my photos, thanks for looking.

-Rob
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    I was able to get the set list for Night I. I have pictures but can't find the cable for my camera. I will post it as soon as I get the cable.

If it weren't for night II, this show would rank way up there as one of the best shows I have been to. But, after Friday, it is hard to compare. I am glad I was at both shows, together they made for one helluva pair of shows.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Great show loved sometimes into breakerfall .Seats were behind the stage Sec 215 in the small town. Felt my seats shake for 1/2 the show which was cool . Show was amazing! Poster is amazing. What more can you ask for. Goodtimes
  • pghaspghas Posts: 128
    Destined to be one of the best shows ever completely overlooked because of the night that followed it. Incredibly engaging, well-paced, and relentless. excellent combination of rockers and the more mid-tempo songs that make this band the greatest thing since sliced bread. also an excellent representation of all of their albums and b-sides. Love a slow opener and Sometimes was excellent, loved getting Breakerfall>Last Exit>Animal right after that. And just the song selection regardless of rarity - Force of Nature and Unthought Known off Backspacer, Army Reserve and Severed hand from Avocado, I Am Mine and You Are from Riot Act, Breakerfall and Insignificance off of Binaural - if I had to pick and choose songs off of those albums to put into a set those would all be there. Also loved I Got Id. I mean, this show was 33 songs long and incredibly well=-performed. while I know MSG2 gets the title of "Epic", this show also surpassed anything I'd seen these guys do before.
  • mavimavi Posts: 941
    ∆ ∆ ∆

I know you are right, I do. And once the high from Friday's night wears down a bit I'll be able to recognize this beyond the rational. It was an outstanding show and thank god for bootlegs!!
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    totally forgot this show happened after friday night. and i had 3rd row night 1 comapred to near last row of the floor for night 2. crazy
  • Great setlist, amazing show...Jeremy .. wow!! Indifference an amazing way to end. Crowd was great but IMO the Boston show's energy topped this one. Both though easily the best shows I'll ever see. THANK YOU PJ!! You guys are amazing.

THANK YOU to Frederic & Alan from QUEBEC! sat next to me at both shows. You guys were great sports. Very nice to meet you :) See you all next tour!
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,783
    pghas wrote:
    Destined to be one of the best shows ever completely overlooked because of the night that followed it. Incredibly engaging, well-paced, and relentless. excellent combination of rockers and the more mid-tempo songs that make this band the greatest thing since sliced bread. also an excellent representation of all of their albums and b-sides. Love a slow opener and Sometimes was excellent, loved getting Breakerfall>Last Exit>Animal right after that. And just the song selection regardless of rarity - Force of Nature and Unthought Known off Backspacer, Army Reserve and Severed hand from Avocado, I Am Mine and You Are from Riot Act, Breakerfall and Insignificance off of Binaural - if I had to pick and choose songs off of those albums to put into a set those would all be there. Also loved I Got Id. I mean, this show was 33 songs long and incredibly well=-performed. while I know MSG2 gets the title of "Epic", this show also surpassed anything I'd seen these guys do before.

GREAT post, and i agree %100. I know this won't be popular, but i think MSG-1 was a better show, for some of the reasons you stated.
  • over bends wrote:
    Hey Eddie! Great show!! Fuck you!!

LOL!! :lol: Hope that guy's car wasn't hit too bad 8-)
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Highlights for me:
    For the first time of the shows I've seen, they nailed I Got ID...
    Leash was a first for me (at least since the 90's)
    Love Reign O'er Me was awesome! Why did the strings leave for that tho?
    Catching another show with Leathermandi, someone who's become a great friend over the years :)

Now…I was front row sec.8 on the floor, mike’s side. There was a guy about 4-5 rows up on the side, near me…he looked like he was one of the zz top guys older brothers. I’m guessing he was in his 60’s or 70’s…..never got a good look at his face, so hard to say (sorry if you’re reading this and you’re younger)…He was a slight guy, and had super white, super loooong hair, and a long, thick white beard. He was standing up rocking the fuck out, fist pumping, dancing, singing along the entire show. I took a pic and even a quick video for posterity’s sake….but I’m waffling on whether it’s appropriate to post them. Anyone else see this guy or know his story?
    I want to be him someday. I had almost as much fun watching him as I did watching the band :)
  • ^^^ I couldn't hear the story cus of the crowd, but I did hear "Hey Eddie, Great show, FUCK YOU!" anyone care to fill me in?
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Highlights for me:
    For the first time of the shows I've seen, they nailed I Got ID...
    Leash was a first for me (at least since the 90's)
    Love Reign O'er Me was awesome! Why did the strings leave for that tho?
    Catching another show with Leathermandi, someone who's become a great friend over the years :)

Now…I was front row sec.8 on the floor, mike’s side. There was a guy about 4-5 rows up on the side, near me…he looked like he was one of the zz top guys older brothers. I’m guessing he was in his 60’s or 70’s…..never got a good look at his face, so hard to say (sorry if you’re reading this and you’re younger)…He was a slight guy, and had super white, super loooong hair, and a long, thick white beard. He was standing up rocking the fuck out, fist pumping, dancing, singing along the entire show. I took a pic and even a quick video for posterity’s sake….but I’m waffling on whether it’s appropriate to post them. Anyone else see this guy or know his story?
    I want to be him someday. I had almost as much fun watching him as I did watching the band :)

I WAS 1 SEC OVER FROM THAT GUY AND COMMENTED ON HIM !! awesome :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

I WAS 1 SEC OVER FROM THAT GUY AND COMMENTED ON HIM !! awesome :mrgreen:

Everyone around us was talkin about him...pointing him out to others, takin pics. He's my new hero.
  • pghaspghas Posts: 128
    ^^^ I couldn't hear the story cus of the crowd, but I did hear "Hey Eddie, Great show, FUCK YOU!" anyone care to fill me in?

Yeah Eddie basically told an "only in NY" story where he was walking down the street and some guy was driving along and had apparently seen them in Newark and right as the guy leaned out the window to yell something to Eddie he was sideswiped by a cab, and so the exchange, to Eddie, was (turns his head towards the window) "Hey Eddie, Great show" (turns head the other way) "fuck you!!"
  • mkdevomkdevo Posts: 33
    My pics from the show, with a sample below:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mkdevo/set ... 8477/show/

4642272681_fcfe16a72c_m.jpg
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    pghas wrote:

Great post!
    All in all I think MSG II was better, but you can't count out MSG I, as that was one hell of a show as well! What a show to be my first!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

no way you're NOT posting a pic!! or at least a pm ;):lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    so i was listening to this show today and as was said above, i had forgot how killer this show was!!

let's do it again!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen: