Congrats to Els.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,726
    Feel for him...Stevie, not so much
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I was wrong. What a miss. Look at that face, says Tirico.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Stevie, not so much

hehehe yep!
    Bogey bogey bogey bogey finish for Scott.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Bogey bogey bogey bogey finish for Scott.
    Crazy.
    Look at that face, says Tirico.
    Man that's gotta hurt.
    #FHP
  • FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
    Crazy ending, makes me wonder about these final rounds with Graeme McDowell in majors this year. At the US Open Jim Furyk and Mcdowell were both placed on a time warning in the final round. Today, Scott and McDowell were placed on a time warning. I am not thinking anyone wants to be paired with McDowell any longer in the final round. I am sure when an official tells you to hurry up, that gets in your head a little.

This guy Graeme must be a curse! :lol:
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Congrats to Ernie.
    A very classy guy.
    LOVED watching Tiger lose.
    Tiger is about as for from classy as a person can get.
    I think enjoy watching Tiger lose more than anything else in sports.
    I would just like to comment on the profile of Open Championship winners. So much is made about the average age of Masters winners (usually mid-30s). We see young guys like Rory, YE Yang, Keegan Bradley and this year Worldwide Webb winning the US Open/PGA Championship. However, when you look at the Open Championship winners the last two years (Clarke and Els, both in their 40s), you start to see what a true test the Open is. We saw guys like Watson and even Norman a few years back nearly pull it off, who are well into their 50s and 60s. It takes a special person to win the Open, someone who's been there before and who understands the necessity to not only keep it in the fairway, but keep their composure on golf's biggest stage.
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    I would just like to comment on the profile of Open Championship winners. So much is made about the average age of Masters winners (usually mid-30s). We see young guys like Rory, YE Yang, Keegan Bradley and this year Worldwide Webb winning the US Open/PGA Championship. However, when you look at the Open Championship winners the last two years (Clarke and Els, both in their 40s), you start to see what a true test the Open is. We saw guys like Watson and even Norman a few years back nearly pull it off, who are well into their 50s and 60s. It takes a special person to win the Open, someone who's been there before and who understands the necessity to not only keep it in the fairway, but keep their composure on golf's biggest stage.

Sorry but what about Oosthuizen, Cink, Curtis, Hamilton in the last ten years.
    Louie may win another, but the other three are very doubtful.
    Lets not go putting the Open on a pedestal above the other majors.
    Same deal lots of luck involved in winning a major.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Is it me or is it getting a bit old listening to every single announcer at every single tournament saying "Years ago Tiger used to make every one of these putts". Even Peter Alliss can't help from saying it.
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    eddiec wrote:
    Is it me or is it getting a bit old listening to every single announcer at every single tournament saying "Years ago Tiger used to make every one of these putts". Even Peter Alliss can't help from saying it.

well we all know what he could do to get them to be quiet.

seems to me its what happens every major since the scandal. People keep thinking he's going to win, and go as far as saying its a sure thing. Then are shocked when he doesnt win. I think people keep expecting him to be the Tiger of 2000 or 2001, and people have a real hard time accepting that the reality is he is older so obviously he's changed, but alots changed in his life since then, including more injuries, and of course his priority seems to be on family now, he has stated flat out when his kids are with him he plays very little golf. I dont think there has ever been a time in his life where that last statement was true prior to now. People are think are shocked at whats happened. As ive said before, he has more majors than anyone other than Jack, but just because has 14, doesnt mean he will will another one anytime soon if ever.

Ive said it before, and i'll say it again, Tiger wont be playing golf as a 50 year old. He wont be doing the Senior Tour. He's been playing this game for pretty much 36 years now. I question whether he will even be playing a decade from now.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,683
    Shot my best round ever yesterday at the local course.........83.

I know its not the greatest score around, but for me, I was jacked. If I didn't smoke that rock n roll cigarette to start the back 9, maybe could have been better 8-)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Shot my best round ever yesterday at the local course.........83.

I know its not the greatest score around, but for me, I was jacked. If I didn't smoke that rock n roll cigarette to start the back 9, maybe could have been better 8-)
    Nice round. It doesn't matter what the number is when it's a personal best.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    norm wrote:
    Saw the preview for that on his last show. Crazy! I don't care how good the golfer is.
    #FHP
    Canadian Open anyone?
  • RoughMixRoughMix Posts: 385
    When are the R & A and the USGA going to ban the long putters? Get on with it and ban 'em.
    I'm kind of getting tired of the same old questions every week.
    Firestone South course starting today.Nice track.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    RoughMix wrote:
    When are the R & A and the USGA going to ban the long putters? Get on with it and ban 'em.
    I'm kind of getting tired of the same old questions every week.
    Firestone South course starting today.Nice track.

I may be wrong, but I think the long putter that golfers stick into their gut are banned next year.

Edit: I was wrong. In discussion. Rule change would take effect Jan 1, 2016

http://www.espnstar.com/golf/news/detai ... tters-ban/
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Speaking of putting...

Fired a 43 in our league Tuesday. this with a three putt from 4 feet after a fantastic bunker shot

:fp:

Pulled a Phil!!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    Thanks for the info ^.
    That still gives Ernie a little more time to get a few more wins under his belt. 8-)
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    I don't know what's worse being paired with a bunch of hacks playing the tips or being stuck behind them. :fp:
    I don't know what's worse being paired with a bunch of hacks playing the tips or being stuck behind them. :fp:

being stuck behind them...they didn't let you play through?
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    What did I miss? Long belly putter could be banned? :o
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
    FrankieG wrote:

you can't brace it against your body is what is being banned...personally i believe they should ban all broomsticks
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    norm wrote:

Usually I try but the course is a little backed up today wouldn't really matter just frustrating.
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    norm wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:

you can't brace it against your body is what is being banned...personally i believe they should ban all broomsticks

:? I don't see why that's a problem? Are they saying it's an unfair advantage? Anyone can switch to gain the "advantage" if they want to..
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    norm wrote:

Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejkuUJx7BBc
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Played 18 on a beatiful late afternoon/twilight yesterday.Didn't play that great and had a dreaded "T.C Chen" on the 16th hole.
    Wow,cannot remember the last time I did that.
    Golf-sooner or later you will hit almost any shot imaginable.
    Jim Furyk tearing up Firestone.Wants to get picked for the Ryder Cup.