Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722
    Played 36 at Bandon yesterday with the sun out and no wind.  Incredible.  Drove the green on 16 at Bandon Dunes but blasted the eagle putt by.  
    Did you birdie?
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,299
    anyone play the golf club 2019? I enjoy it, has pretty much any golf coarse in the world.....havent bought a game since, its pretty good
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763
    CROJAM95 said:
    anyone play the golf club 2019? I enjoy it, has pretty much any golf coarse in the world.....havent bought a game since, its pretty good
    I've been playing PGA Tour 2K23.  I think it was the same developers at the golf club game.  Not a ton of "official" courses but you can play just about any course online that people have designed themselves.  Solid game.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,592
    edited August 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    Played 36 at Bandon yesterday with the sun out and no wind.  Incredible.  Drove the green on 16 at Bandon Dunes but blasted the eagle putt by.  
    Did you birdie?
    No, left the come back one rotation short!

Flew from Eugene to Seattle this morning and played Chambers Bay.  This is a must if you are in the area.  Time for the red eye. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,299
    CROJAM95 said:
    I've been playing PGA Tour 2K23.  I think it was the same developers at the golf club game.  Not a ton of "official" courses but you can play just about any course online that people have designed themselves.  Solid game.
    Ill look into it, golf club 2019 is addictive as hell, ill play a few rounds a night to wind down from work stress. 
  • Options
    Thread almost to page 3.  I guess the FedEx playoffs are not that important after all.

Viktor is playing amazing golf.  Dialed in.  Three under through 5. 

Moved to an apartment 1 minute from a golf course.  Stoked.  
  • Options
    Insane.  Xander starts the round in second place, shoots 8 under, and loses by 5.  
  • Options
    Insane.  Xander starts the round in second place, shoots 8 under, and loses by 5.  
    Hovland is a machine.  He has no weaknesses 

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Hovland is a machine.  He has no weaknesses 

Yeah now that he improved his chipping, dude is going to win a lot.  Same thing will happen with Scheffler if he figures out how to putt....he was ranked 1st is pretty much every ball striking category and then 150th in putting.  Yikes.
  • Options
    Got my first hole in one last week during an corporate banking golf tournament.  145 yards.  No free car or anything so that was kind of a bummer.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Got my first hole in one last week during an corporate banking golf tournament.  145 yards.  No free car or anything so that was kind of a bummer.  
    That's awesome.    A corporate banking outing with no hole in one prize?  Maybe it was on the other holes, but that is unlucky.  

Still chasing my first one.  Have come really close a few times.  I've had 4 hole outs from 130 to 160 with approach shots, but no hole in ones.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    That's awesome.    A corporate banking outing with no hole in one prize?  Maybe it was on the other holes, but that is unlucky.  

Still chasing my first one.  Have come really close a few times.  I've had 4 hole outs from 130 to 160 with approach shots, but no hole in ones.  
    Yeah and it was connected to the Ally Challenge,  the senior event.  But the original course was washed out due to a terrible storm and this was a backup course.  They didn't get anything set up in time.  

I can't complain because the parting gift for everyone was a code to customize your own TM Spider GT, so that was cool.  
  • Options
    Ryder Cup week!  Always kinda sucks when it's in Europe and the first half Fri/Sat are in the middle of the night.  Shocked to see JT/Spieth sitting out the first session.

• Options
    Honestly, I like the Euro players more than the US team.  I guess I am rooting for Europe.
  • Options
    Honestly, I like the Euro players more than the US team.  I guess I am rooting for Europe.
    I do too.  Fleetwood, Hovland, Rose and Rory are some of my favorite golfers.  I don't know that I'm rooting for Europe, but I really like their players.  

Sadly, the only player on Team USA that I actively root for in tourneys is Morikowa.  The others are fine, but no particular affection for any of them.  I don't understand how JT is on the team with the way he played all year. 
  • Options
    Team Europe looks strong in these pairings . Lovely 6.30 am start for us in u.k golf all weekend . I can't wait. I feel like we have a strong chance here
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Team Europe looks strong in these pairings . Lovely 6.30 am start for us in u.k golf all weekend . I can't wait. I feel like we have a strong chance here
    Anything can happen, but I would bet on Europe.  Of course these guys have been off for a few weeks, so maybe Viktor and Rory have cooled off a bit.  But they were both playing great.  Viktor was unstoppable. 
  • Options
    The Europeans have played the last two weeks on the dp tour at BMW Wentworth and some in France last week. So they have all  been playing some well some not so . But this is a different animal with the crowd 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I saw JT playing a few weeks ago at a jip-joint tourney that no one else of note was in.  And he was just playing okay if I recall.  
  • Options
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Jesus, that is nuts. 
  • Options
    Madness isn't it
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,562
    Thread almost to page 3.  I guess the FedEx playoffs are not that important after all.

you are correct.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Great atmosphere and complete silence on the first tee shots. That's how it should be.

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Very refreshing to have no even bros there. No bababooey or mash potatoes. This is how it's done
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,625
    Lolol goodness that’s something to wake up to 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,254
    edited September 2023
    Man this is good.
    The big difference is luck of putts, chips  dropping . I guess that's skill but a bit of luck missing for USA 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Lolol goodness that’s something to wake up to 
    Yeah not great. And the TV coverage is even worse. 8 balls on the course…shouldn’t be missing any shots. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,366
    So its a close one?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Fitzpatrick is on fire 6 under through 6
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07