albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,756
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,286
    It was a brilliant round for sure
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,601
    Better to root for the players that were willing to bankrupt their tour to satisfy their greed while still keeping their moral superiority over LIV players.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Mate it's a bit late for that.  If you work a job and someone offers you treble the money you are taking the money. And as for Saudis the USA and UK are no better with human rights.  The tour is not bankrupt 
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Mate it's a bit late for that.  If you work a job and someone offers you treble the money you are taking the money. And as for Saudis the USA and UK are no better with human rights.  The tour is not bankrupt 
    All I was saying is that the players that stayed in PGA are just as greedy as those that went to LIV, and without the PGA Tour upping prize pools to $20m they would have left to.  And PGA Tour would go bankrupt if they continued the $20M model which is why they had to team up with the Saudis.   The greedy PGA players created the Saudi - PGA partnership.  
  • Options
    All sport is heading the same way. Soccer is the worst atm. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    JT needed a birdie on 18 and hit a wayward drive.  Maybe he'd be helpful in four ball.  Can't see putting him on the team unless his leadership skills are that amazing.  
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,723
    JT needed a birdie on 18 and hit a wayward drive.  Maybe he'd be helpful in four ball.  Can't see putting him on the team unless his leadership skills are that amazing.  
    He missed the Fedex playoffs too, didn't he?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    He missed the Fedex playoffs too, didn't he?
    Right.  By one shot.  
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,186
    edited August 2023

Really, the USA openly kills journalists?

As petrol prices soar, I blame Mickelson and Johnson.

Is it fair to compare mega millionaires to members of the PJ forum? I realize PJ attracts very wealthy fans, but it sounds like excuses are being made here for the wealthy golf elite putting their tens of millions ahead of all of us paying six bucks a gallon in the winter.

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Heading to Bandon Dunes on Friday.  6 rounds + the par 3, and then heading to play Chambers Bay before going home.  Cannot wait.  High 60's versus this brutal stretch of 95 degrees in South Carolina.  

Anyone do any fun golf trips this year?
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,562
    I just now realized that LIV is 54 in roman numerals. :glasses:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,372
    Wobbie said:
    Oh my god. Talk about painting yourself in a corner. They can't switch to a real 72 hour tournament if they wanted to! lol

Never knew this
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Heading to Bandon Dunes on Friday.  6 rounds + the par 3, and then heading to play Chambers Bay before going home.  Cannot wait.  High 60's versus this brutal stretch of 95 degrees in South Carolina.  

Guy I played with on Saturday was telling me about his trip there a few years ago. It's at the top of my bucket list for sure. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Ahh makes sense now
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

That sounds awesome.  

I have a quasi-golf trip I guess, coming up.  My company is a sponsor for the Ally Challenge, the senior event.  So I'm going to Detroit to play in some things associated with it.  But my highlight is two days away from Ally deal.  I'm playing Oakland Hills again, which is both amazing and brutally difficult.  And then driving down to Toledo to play Inverness. It's a Donald Ross that has hosted 6 or 7 Opens and a few PGA Championships.  I've never played there, but it looks long and tight.  6900 yards is what we'll be playing which is pretty close to my limit at sea level.  
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763

That's incredible.  Once these damn kids stop costing me so much money I'm going to get out there!  

I just have my annual trip to Grand Geneva in Wisconsin coming up in September.  Golf trips are the best.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

That sounds awesome.  

I have a quasi-golf trip I guess, coming up.  My company is a sponsor for the Ally Challenge, the senior event.  So I'm going to Detroit to play in some things associated with it.  But my highlight is two days away from Ally deal.  I'm playing Oakland Hills again, which is both amazing and brutally difficult.  And then driving down to Toledo to play Inverness. It's a Donald Ross that has hosted 6 or 7 Opens and a few PGA Championships.  I've never played there, but it looks long and tight.  6900 yards is what we'll be playing which is pretty close to my limit at sea level.  
    7000 yards would be way too much for me.  Tough to beat Michigan and Wisconsin in the summer time.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

That sounds awesome.  

7000 yards would be way too much for me.  Tough to beat Michigan and Wisconsin in the summer time.  
    Yeah it's stretching it for sure.  My normal play is 6700 at my home club and that can make for some long irons and a lot of chipping.  This is going to be much worse.  I checked the card and it has 5 par 4's that are over 450, and a 240 and 220 yard par 3.  If the 240 par 3 is a force carry, I'm fucked.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

That sounds awesome.  

Yeah it's stretching it for sure.  My normal play is 6700 at my home club and that can make for some long irons and a lot of chipping.  This is going to be much worse.  I checked the card and it has 5 par 4's that are over 450, and a 240 and 220 yard par 3.  If the 240 par 3 is a force carry, I'm fucked.  
    Yeah I don't think I would even enjoy that.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I don’t mind playing the third set of tees.  More fun hitting 6-9 irons and even a few wedges with second shot versus 5 and 6 iron (or hybrid). every hole.

I hate hybrids.  Have the yips.  Can’t hit a 3 wood either, and now struggling with driver yips.   To the point I slammed the club at the driving range like a crazy person.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    I don’t mind playing the third set of tees.  More fun hitting 6-9 irons and even a few wedges with second shot versus 5 and 6 iron (or hybrid). every hole.

I hate hybrids.  Have the yips.
    Nothing is more satisfying than a short iron approach, that's for sure.  There is a shorter set but I'm the oldest guy at 50, so we'll see if I can convince them to play the 6500.  But we're all 3-7 on the GHIN, so pretty even.  

Too bad you have the yips.  How does that materialize?  I love hitting my 3 and 4 hybrid.  I don't hit them as long as I did the corresponding irons, but I hit them high and consistent, so they've been a boon for me for when I knock a drive short on a long par 4.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I hate hybrids.  Have the yips.
    Nothing is more satisfying than a short iron approach, that's for sure.  There is a shorter set but I'm the oldest guy at 50, so we'll see if I can convince them to play the 6500.  But we're all 3-7 on the GHIN, so pretty even.  

Too bad you have the yips.  How does that materialize?  I love hitting my 3 and 4 hybrid.  I don't hit them as long as I did the corresponding irons, but I hit them high and consistent, so they've been a boon for me for when I knock a drive short on a long par 4.  
    Not sure if it is the club head being a little heavier or the shaft not being steel, but I seem to let the club move around too much in my transition.  Saw a video yesterday about not letting the club head pulling your arms out of position but focusing the club head just being along for the ride.  Excited for the range.  Got only a couple days to figure it out.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,562
    Wobbie said:
    Oh my god. Talk about painting yourself in a corner. They can't switch to a real 72 hour tournament if they wanted to! lol

Never knew this

glad I'm not the only one who didn't realize this. as much as I've heard and read about LIV, I don't think it was ever stated. maybe my ESPN talking heads don't realize...
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763
  • Options
    Corduroy playing on Liv golf. 

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited August 2023

Awful. Wasn't it at Trump's course too?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Awful. Wasn't it at Trump's course too?
    Yes.  
  • Options
    Played 36 at Bandon yesterday with the sun out and no wind.  Incredible.  Drove the green on 16 at Bandon Dunes but blasted the eagle putt by.