Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    If you have the Masters app, go watch how Phil played #2. Also watch Bubba on #15. He got hosed big time. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,962
    I love the masters 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    edited April 2023
    JojoRice said:
    If you have the Masters app, go watch how Phil played #2. Also watch Bubba on #15. He got hosed big time. 
    Like a judge overruling a jury, there should be an official on each hole that can remove a birdie when a hole is played like Phil played #2.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    LOL Bryson.  I wonder if it's still playing as a par 67 for him???
  • Options
    Koepka is locked in.  With bad weather coming this afternoon he might have a huge lead going into the weekend.
  • Options
    I will be happy if there is a LIV winner.  Makes golf more interesting.
  • Options
    Not sure how that makes things more interesting.....just more nonsense for the golf media to salivate over like they did with the champions dinner.  I guess it didn't end with a big food fight like they were expecting!!   
  • Options
    Not sure how that makes things more interesting.....just more nonsense for the golf media to salivate over like they did with the champions dinner.  I guess it didn't end with a big food fight like they were expecting!!   
    Haha.  If there will be a real rivalry in the future then it has to start somewhere.  NBA was better when players hated each other instead of being best friends and popping 3's every play.
  • Options
    Going with Rory in the 1 and done pool.  It's time for him to complete the grand slam.  One of the best weeks of the year!
    And he's not even going to make the cut.  Wow.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Koepka is a problem. Will definitely draw more attention to LIV but I feel like it would legitimize LIV if someone like Neimann wins. Like it’s not like we didn’t know Koepka is a hall of fame golfer before he went, he was just hurt. Could just be telling myself that.

Michael Collins suuuuuucks
  • Options
    Koepka is a problem. Will definitely draw more attention to LIV but I feel like it would legitimize LIV if someone like Neimann wins. Like it’s not like we didn’t know Koepka is a hall of fame golfer before he went, he was just hurt. Could just be telling myself that.

But even Niemann is already a world class golfer.  It was never a doubt that they have 5-10 legit, high end players so I don't think it will be a shock if one of them wins it.  Doesn't change the fact that the LIV format is a joke.  It's overall just sad that we're only going to see the all the best players 4 times a year.

Koepka's post-round comments today were wild.  Said if he was feeling as good as he is right now that it would have impacted his decision to go to LIV.  Don't blame him for taking 100M when he thought his body was shot.  I'm sure LIV loves hearing that!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287

But even Niemann is already a world class golfer.  It was never a doubt that they have 5-10 legit, high end players so I don't think it will be a shock if one of them wins it.  Doesn't change the fact that the LIV format is a joke.  It's overall just sad that we're only going to see the all the best players 4 times a year.

Koepka's post-round comments today were wild.  Said if he was feeling as good as he is right now that it would have impacted his decision to go to LIV.  Don't blame him for taking 100M when he thought his body was shot.  I'm sure LIV loves hearing that!
    So he regrets going to LIV then?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    This is pretty cool. This is the dude who won the crump cup at pine valley when I went and watched the final match a few years ago

https://golf.com/news/meet-masters-new-marker-michael-mcdermott/?amp=1

Pine valley, merion and Augusta as memberships lolol
  • Options

Agreed on all of this.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    is milkelson on team Van Halen?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wasn’t watching live. Looked terrifying. Borderline miracle no one isn’t hurt 
  • Options
    I’ve been chopping up downed trees all winter at “my” course. the difference here was they have about 20 dudes cleaning it up….not just one wobbie.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931

"I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Sam Bennett is going directly to LIV, right?
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116

Yeah the saudis can cut production and suck thousands from our bank accounts and pay these arse holes their$$.  Very interesting. 

I can never go to a major again. Would be too tempted to try some chicanery behind the backs of arrogant fans cheering for these selfish pricks. They should all revoke their citizenship and move to Riyadh and subject their wives daughters and moms to the bs of where their $ now originates and hope they don’t all get the bone saw. Not to mention how they crapped on the tour that helped them get rich originally.
  • Options
    As I said, would make pro golf more interesting.  

I am not on the PGA Tour so not taking it personally, and I don’t think any higher or lesser of Saudi Arabia because of LIV.  
  • Options

Yeah the saudis can cut production and suck thousands from our bank accounts and pay these arse holes their$$.  Very interesting. 

I can never go to a major again. Would be too tempted to try some chicanery behind the backs of arrogant fans cheering for these selfish pricks. They should all revoke their citizenship and move to Riyadh and subject their wives daughters and moms to the bs of where their $ now originates and hope they don’t all get the bone saw. Not to mention how they crapped on the tour that helped them get rich originally.
    This is all accurate 
  • Options
    As I said, would make pro golf more interesting.  

I am not on the PGA Tour so not taking it personally, and I don’t think any higher or lesser of Saudi Arabia because of LIV.  
    The issue with Saudi isn’t liv, obviously 
  • Options
    Maybe I'd hold the LIV players to a higher standard if the US government and most big corporations based in the US didn't do business with them too.  The Saudi government is run by a brutal regime and the US government sells that regime weapons.  But lets take it out on Charles Howell III.  
  • Options
    Great leaderboard.   The final group would definitely be more interesting with Rahm vs. Koepka with the PGA/LIV underlying it.  
  • Options
    Maybe I'd hold the LIV players to a higher standard if the US government and most big corporations based in the US didn't do business with them too.  The Saudi government is run by a brutal regime and the US government sells that regime weapons.  But let’s take it out on Charles Howell III.  
    Don’t disagree with this either but it’s also the inability to be honest about any of it outside of DJ and Varner 
  • Options
    And yeah, good leaderboard. Two horse race at this point and interesting rahm is the betting favorite 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    That was a fantastic round by Rahm in the rain this morning to keep pace with Brooks. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The leaders not being on the featured groups right now is insane.  But hey, we'll see every shot from Tiger who is 16 shots back