The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529
    The GOAT
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    What a week for golf. Tiger!

The Netflix show is what it is. These dudes aren’t all that interesting but at the same time, have you ever seen a professional athlete as vulnerable as brooks in episode 2? That’s as far as I’ve gotten and he seems super spoiled but idk, that’s as honest as I’ve see a professional athlete?

Also, according to shipnuck, maybe not correct, brooks wants back to pga   

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    First episode was okay. A bit cheesy....but yeah I'm gonna binge the whole thing. Looking forward to the LIV stuff.

Caught the last 6 holes last night. Boy am I glad I did. Awesome stuff. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    The Joel Dahmen and Tony Finau focused episodes have been the best so far.  
  • Options
    How about Tiger handing JT a tampon after out driving him? hahaha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Last 3 holes for Tiger were something to behold. Great putt on 17.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736

47 years old with a broken body and he's hitting 180 ball speed off the tee.  Incredible.
  • Options
    Most men would be canceled for doing that. Tiger is made of teflon.  
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Tough finish over last few holes for Tigger today, opposite of yesterday.
    Probably misses cut.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Pretty damn incredible though to be one shot from making the cut in his position.  

Leaderboard is awesome.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    The GOAT
    goat’s ass, maybe.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    The GOAT
    goat’s ass, maybe.
    Nope, the greatest golfer of all time.  No question.   Give the guy a golf cart and at 47 he would get a few more majors with a bum leg and a bad back against the best fields ever.
  • Options
    Well, I was wrong about Rahm dissppearing for the rest of the year.  
  • Options
    Nicklaus is the GOAT. It’s not really close
  • Options
    Well, I was wrong about Rahm dissppearing for the rest of the year.  
    He’s good.

Homa is also good.

Pieters is a good get for LIV but doesn’t really move things. He said it himself, 34th in the world and couldn’t get into Riviera. Which honestly, he should go in that case 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    You can argue Nicklaus's 18 majors (and seconds) versus 15 for Tiger makes for the better career, but I think Tiger is the better golfer.  If Tiger hadn't sabotaged himself (in many ways) he would have the better career by far.  Tiger had no weaknesses.  I just don't think 18 majors vs. 15 majors should decide it when different eras and opponents are involved.   Does Jack win 18 in Tiger's era?  If you can't guarantee that then it shouldn't be the deciding factor.  
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,627
    You can argue Nicklaus's 18 majors (and seconds) versus 15 for Tiger makes for the better career, but I think Tiger is the better golfer.  If Tiger hadn't sabotaged himself (in many ways) he would have the better career by far.  Tiger had no weaknesses.  I just don't think 18 majors vs. 15 majors should decide it when different eras and opponents are involved.   Does Jack win 18 in Tiger's era?  If you can't guarantee that then it shouldn't be the deciding factor.  
    Sounds like the Lebron Jordan debate.  As far as I'm concerned, if you can debate the two, that's the ultimate compliment to both.  

I'm a Jack guy and a Lebron guy, both being from Ohio.  
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Hell of a weekend for golf. Was fun watching Tiger play 72 for the first time in forever. Leaderboard on Sunday was great. I was hoping Homa would pull it off, but I like Rahm too. 

Also, the wife and I binged all of the Full Swing. Honestly, we both really enjoyed it. The first one with Jordan and JT was easily the worst. Koepka comes across as the douchiest prick ever. His wife is annoying too. I liked the Joel Dahmen episode. Dude is hilarious. The one with the rookies was good too. One bonus, at least for me, is the wife says she liked it so much she's looking forward to not asking me to turn the channel away from golf moving forward. So, the good guys came out ahead on this one. They never seem to lose. 

And....I played for the first time today since my 76. Shot a 93. Fuck this game. lol

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Hell of a weekend for golf. Was fun watching Tiger play 72 for the first time in forever. Leaderboard on Sunday was great. I was hoping Homa would pull it off, but I like Rahm too. 

Also, the wife and I binged all of the Full Swing. Honestly, we both really enjoyed it. The first one with Jordan and JT was easily the worst. Koepka comes across as the douchiest prick ever. His wife is annoying too. I liked the Joel Dahmen episode. Dude is hilarious. The one with the rookies was good too. One bonus, at least for me, is the wife says she liked it so much she's looking forward to not asking me to turn the channel away from golf moving forward. So, the good guys came out ahead on this one. They never seem to lose. 

Also....played for the first time today since my 76. Shot a 93. Fuck this game. lol

That's a big range.  I played yesterday in VA.  Shot an 83 (40-43) in howling wind. Had to hood the irons unless the wind was directly behind you.  My game is stuck at 8.3, but the good news is that I control my misses very well.  I haven't had a triple in months and doubles are between 0-2 per round.  Unfortunately I usually have about 1.2 birdies per round.  So I am always 80-84.  That's predictable, but I have to get more precise on my approach shots.  Too often I'm chipping and making a 10 footer for par or tap in bogey.  Frustrating.  My course is an Arnie design, 6700, 71.4/137.  So it's not the easiest course in the world, but my GHIN travels well to other courses.  
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    mrussel1 said:

Also....played for the first time today since my 76. Shot a 93. Fuck this game. lol

That's a big range.  I played yesterday in VA.  Shot an 83 (40-43) in howling wind. Had to hood the irons unless the wind was directly behind you.  My game is stuck at 8.3, but the good news is that I control my misses very well.  I haven't had a triple in months and doubles are between 0-2 per round.  Unfortunately I usually have about 1.2 birdies per round.  So I am always 80-84.  That's predictable, but I have to get more precise on my approach shots.  Too often I'm chipping and making a 10 footer for par or tap in bogey.  Frustrating.  My course is an Arnie design, 6700, 71.4/137.  So it's not the easiest course in the world, but my GHIN travels well to other courses.  
    I actually had 2 birds today and still wound up with a 93. Talk about inconsistent. Just didn't do nearly well enough around the greens. Between 3 putts and duffed chips, probably cost me about 7 strokes right there. And that's usually the best part of my game. 

83's real sold round, especially in wind. Well done. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I actually had 2 birds today and still wound up with a 93. Talk about inconsistent. Just didn't do nearly well enough around the greens. Between 3 putts and duffed chips, probably cost me about 7 strokes right there. And that's usually the best part of my game. 

83's real sold round, especially in wind. Well done. 
    About two years ago I completely reconstructed my chip, simplifying the motion.  Now it’s the strongest part of my game, rarely if ever duff and a good chip eliminates the three jack.  It definitely cut 4-5 strokes from the average.  
  • Options
    I was in Yellowstone all weekend…just now hearing about tiger and his tampon.

class act, that guy.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,915
    Played my first 2 rounds of the year yesterday and today. Shot 86/87. Should be able to get a couple more rounds in this week. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    What a week for golf. Tiger!

The Netflix show is what it is. These dudes aren’t all that interesting but at the same time, have you ever seen a professional athlete as vulnerable as brooks in episode 2? That’s as far as I’ve gotten and he seems super spoiled but idk, that’s as honest as I’ve see a professional athlete?

Also, according to shipnuck, maybe not correct, brooks wants back to pga   

Been watching the doc this past week. Has had some interesting parts but you can tell that once everyone left for LIV that they wanted it to be a PGA Tour fluff piece and cast the LIV guys in a negative light. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,122
    Got to play another round of 60 degree February golf in NY 😜

slow as shit, being Presidents’ Day & all…. Still great to be outside vs couped up inside
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    The GOAT
    goat’s ass, maybe.
    Nope, the greatest golfer of all time.  No question.   Give the guy a golf cart and at 47 he would get a few more majors with a bum leg and a bad back against the best fields ever.
    yeah, let’s reward him for his bad behavior.

telling that his bestie is J fa**ot T. couple of great misogynistic homophobes.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Go talk to your boy Jack about his views on politics and sexuality 
  • Options
    Go talk to your boy Jack about his views on politics and sexuality 
    he’s not my boy.

at all.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    The GOAT
    goat’s ass, maybe.
    yeah, let’s reward him for his bad behavior.

telling that his bestie is J fa**ot T. couple of great misogynistic homophobes.
    Are we giving man of the year awards out?  No.
  • Options
    Anyone in a One and Done again? Hoping I can make it longer than 5 weeks before forgetting to make my picks this year.

Got Mr. Tom Hoge for Pebble....

Welp...forgot to make my pick  2 weeks ago and was able to utilize my one and only auto pick. Forgot again this week. 

What a waste of money. 
    chinese-happy.jpg