Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Rhein Gibson shot the lowest known 18-hole score in the history of golf Saturday when he blazed his way to a 16-under-par 55 at River Oaks Country Club in Edmond.

River Oaks is a par 71 which measures 6,698 yards from the tips and was playing close to that, according to owner Andy McCormick.

Gibson made 12 birdies and two eagles along with four pars. Thanks to texting and twitter, some 30 folks had gathered to watch by the final hole, where he rolled in a 5-foot birdie putt for the 55.

http://www.golfoklahoma.org/index.php?o ... Itemid=622

Wow 
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Rhein Gibson shot the lowest known 18-hole score in the history of golf Saturday when he blazed his way to a 16-under-par 55 at River Oaks Country Club in Edmond.

River Oaks is a par 71 which measures 6,698 yards from the tips and was playing close to that, according to owner Andy McCormick.

Gibson made 12 birdies and two eagles along with four pars. Thanks to texting and twitter, some 30 folks had gathered to watch by the final hole, where he rolled in a 5-foot birdie putt for the 55.

http://www.golfoklahoma.org/index.php?o ... Itemid=622

Wow 
    :shock:

I've done better.....

On video games......... ;)
    #FHP
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,664
    Playing here today

http://www.scotlandrun.com/

This is gonna get ugly
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Playing here today

This is gonna get ugly

Nice track played it a few times
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Playing here today

This is gonna get ugly

Nice track played it a few times

Nice, heard good things. Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Shot my first sub 100 round this year. 50 on the front, 49 on the back. Had a hell of a 2 on a par 3 too. 175 yards to 4 feet on a tiny green
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Shot my first sub 100 round this year. 50 on the front, 49 on the back. Had a hell of a 2 on a par 3 too. 175 yards to 4 feet on a tiny green
    Thats awesome man! Glad you could make it out this weekend. No golf for me unfortunately.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Thats awesome man! Glad you could make it out this weekend. No golf for me unfortunately.

Yeah, man. Been out pretty much every weekend since early March, missed a weekend here and there for travelling. Said this was the year I get going again and it seems like it is this time. Getting a lot more consistent, which is awesome. I just need to figure it out off the tee. If I can do that, I will put up some decent numbers.
  • Options
    DUBLIN, Ohio — Phil Mickelson has withdrawn from the Memorial because of mental fatigue. :roll:

Mickelson opened with a 79, his worst score in his 12 appearances at Muirfield Village. He says a trip to Europe to celebrate his wife’s 40th birthday, and then returning home for a corporate outing and the pro-am took a lot out of him. With the U.S. Open in two weeks, Mickelson says he’s thinking “big picture” by going home to rest for a few days.

The four-time major champion believes it’s a responsibility for a player to finish a tournament. He says he’s overruling himself in this case.

It’s the first time Mickelson has withdrawn without physical injury. The last time he left a tournament early was at the Memorial four years ago because of a wrist injury.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/ph ... story.html
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I sucked on my road trip a 112 at the U of I orange course...started really well then fell apart when i realized the flat midwest terrain was lengthened and almost impossible to land a green because they just dumped a big hill of dirt for greens just cuz, and couer d'alene in Idado was super easy but I was mentally broken and dropped a 108. Parred the floating green though so at least I have that going for me.
  • Options
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    looking forward to playing with some buddies on Tuesday! it's been about 2 months or so...but I've been hitting the range. I'm just psyched to play a round! We're going to a "mystery" course in the DFW area that my friend is picking.....should be interesting! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    mfc2006 wrote:
    looking forward to playing with some buddies on Tuesday! it's been about 2 months or so...but I've been hitting the range. I'm just psyched to play a round! We're going to a "mystery" course in the DFW area that my friend is picking.....should be interesting! :D
    Have fun Matt!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    I hate Sabbatini, with a passion.

Let's go Tiger
  • Options
    Awesome shot from Furyk :lol:
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Let's go Tiger

Let's go anybody but Tiger.
  • Options
    Going out to play today. Going to finish entering scores to get my handicap. Hopefully there will be enough characters for me to enter it on here. :oops:
    #FHP
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,707
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Let's go Tiger

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

fuck tiger.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Let's go Tiger

fuck tiger.
    You must think he's really sexy, as much as you want o fuck him. :twisted:
    #FHP
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,707
    Horos wrote:
    imalive wrote:

fuck tiger.
    You must think he's really sexy, as much as you want o fuck him. :twisted:

let me paraphrase.....a pox on tiger woods! may he never win ever again.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Go Tiger!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Go Tiger!
    You think he's sexy too? :twisted:
    #FHP
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Go Tiger!
    You think he's sexy too? :twisted:
    I want him to win.
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Newch91 wrote:
    Go Tiger!

Go Spencer Levin!!
  • Options
    FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
    imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Let's go Tiger

fuck tiger.

Just got my hands on Sunday US Open tickets in San Francisco! Boom!
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    tiger ... :shock:
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    polaris_x wrote:
    tiger ... :shock:
    Holy shit what a shot. I could hit that same shot 10 million times and never come close to making that.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Fuck yeah!!!!!!!! That was awesome. God I hate sabattini
  • Options
    Tiger's back!

(until the inevitable US Open implosion)