Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,765
    Vintage. 

Hers to hoping the record is broke at Augusta!
    +1
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Nice to see Rory continue his hot streak.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    A US national golf team does not include rickie or Jordan. That’s pretty wild 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744

Not surprised with Spieth...he hasn't played well for almost 2 years now.  A little surprised by Rickie...felt like he didn't play in a ton of tournaments last year.  But yeah not really surprised by any of the captain's picks.  Reed is a jerkoff but he always shows up big at these events.
  • Options

Not surprised with Spieth...he hasn't played well for almost 2 years now.  A little surprised by Rickie...felt like he didn't play in a ton of tournaments last year.  But yeah not really surprised by any of the captain's picks.  Reed is a jerkoff but he always shows up big at these events.
    I am just saying in general.  If you said 3 years ago that Rickie and Jordan both missed this President's cup team, I'd think you are insane.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,465
    fuck tiger.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

I am just saying in general.  If you said 3 years ago that Rickie and Jordan both missed this President's cup team, I'd think you are insane.
    Oh yeah for sure.  Especially Spieth...it's pretty wild what has happened to him the past couple years.
  • Options
    https://www.thearchitectsclub.com/the-architects

Played this course yesterday. Such a cool concept. Every hole is modeled after a famous golf designer's holes so every hole is really unique. Views of vast open space and mountains all around you too. Really cool. Check it out.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    That course would be very interesting to play.  I don’t spend any time looking at golf holes from a design perspective but would be neat to read up a little and see if I can spot what makes each hole unique.

My home course is a Donald Ross design.  I don’t know that I have played another Ross course though to compare.  
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Oh, and winter weather sucks.
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    https://www.thearchitectsclub.com/the-architects

Played this course yesterday. Such a cool concept. Every hole is modeled after a famous golf designer's holes so every hole is really unique. Views of vast open space and mountains all around you too. Really cool. Check it out.

That looks like really cool and interesting course. Would love to play that one day. It reminds me of Bear's Best in Atlanta(I believe there's one in Vegas too, but I've only played the one in Atlanta), which is 18 of Nicklaus' favorite holes from the courses he's designed or redone. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Golf Channel was ridiculous today.  It was like they were rooting for Brendon Todd to get the yips back.  He hit a bad shot on #1 and the announcers are talking about that shot getting in his head and causing the yips.  The dude won the last two tournaments and was leading in the final round of the fourth.  He was due for a bad shot.  It isn't the yips f*ckers.

Heading to Hilton Head this week!  Five full days.  Will have parents and brother's family there but they all understand I'm there to play golf and they'll see me after 6:00pm unless they are playing golf with me.  My game is in shambles but have some swing thoughts I want to try out.  I would love to play better and reward myself with a visit to Harbour Town Golf LInks on the last day.

• Options

Golf Channel was ridiculous today.  It was like they were rooting for Brendon Todd to get the yips back.  He hit a bad shot on #1 and the announcers are talking about that shot getting in his head and causing the yips.  The dude won the last two tournaments and was leading in the final round of the fourth.  He was due for a bad shot.  It isn't the yips f*ckers.

Heading to Hilton Head this week!  Five full days.  Will have parents and brother's family there but they all understand I'm there to play golf and they'll see me after 6:00pm unless they are playing golf with me.  My game is in shambles but have some swing thoughts I want to try out.  I would love to play better and reward myself with a visit to Harbour Town Golf LInks on the last day.

My brother and I were talking about going away to some place we can golf for Thanksgiving next year. Have fun man
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Thanks!  I've got rounds setup for the first few days so I'm all set.  Trying to get the first tee time (or within the first 2-3 spots) and get a quicker round in the morning and then play again in the afternoon.  Hate that sunset is so early these days.

It is amazing how many golf courses there are in the area. 

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Playing Dye's Valley Wednesday morning. Really looking forward to it.
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:
    Playing Dye's Valley Wednesday morning. Really looking forward to it.
    Nice. I just took Wednesday off. Golfing with a few buddies. Supposed to be close to 60....chance of rain, though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Report back if you play Harbour Town.  I have heard from a couple people that they left that course a little disappointed.  18 is obviously incredibly beautiful, but they said you don't realize how little of that course is actually on the water. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Report back if you play Harbour Town.  I have heard from a couple people that they left that course a little disappointed.  18 is obviously incredibly beautiful, but they said you don't realize how little of that course is actually on the water. 
    Will do. Gold Digest said it was voted by the players their #2 PGA tour course behind Augusta.  

Were your friends disappointed by the layout and course itself or were hoping for more of a seaside feel?

South Carolina has so many damn courses.  I was amazing after reviewing the SC top 100 how relatively few Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach courses were included when they are the golf meccas of the state.  Abundance of riches that state.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    Well, did not play Harbour Town in Hilton Head but did play six other courses over Thanksgiving holiday.  What a great time to play golf there.  The courses are half empty.  Weather cooperated at mid to high 60's.   Was pretty consistent with rounds of 89-89-88-89-89 except for a 102 (wasn't feeling it that day and my golf temper got the best of me). 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    ^ Solid golf. Nice to still be swinging the clubs this time of year. Mine are collecting dust and likely will until March. Being a Midwest golfer with no winter travel plans for golf sucks. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Solid golf. Nice to still be swinging the clubs this time of year. Mine are collecting dust and likely will until March. Being a Midwest golfer with no winter travel plans for golf sucks. 

Yep.  There's a range with heaters by me that I want to try to get to at least once a month so I don't completely lose my swing.  Maybe check out one of those golf simulator places too...
  • Options
    bbiggs said:

Yep.  There's a range with heaters by me that I want to try to get to at least once a month so I don't completely lose my swing.  Maybe check out one of those golf simulator places too...
    For sure. I have Top Golf by me which can at least allow some swings to take place. Also a dome, but admittedly, I rarely use either in the winter. I should do it more regularly to at least keep my swing somewhat in tact. 
  • Options
    Nice to see Tiger continue playing good golf...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I'm excited to see his prospects for 2020.   He looked so much better in Japan than the last 3/4's of the 2019 season.
  • Options

I'm excited to see his prospects for 2020.   He looked so much better in Japan than the last 3/4's of the 2019 season.
    He’s gonna get 83 either at Torrey Pines or Augusta...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

He’s gonna get 83 either at Torrey Pines or Augusta...
    Torrey Pines. Much tighter course to drive the golf ball. No 83 at Augusta. 
  • Options
    If he stays healthy he should be in the top 2 for odds at Augusta.  Koepka being the other.  
  • Options
    Just realized my post above was off. I thought juggler meant tiger will shoot 83 at Torrey pines or Augusta. My response was that it wouldn’t happen at Augusta but more likely at Torrey pines. I don’t see him winning number 83 at Torrey pines but wouldn’t bet against him at Augusta. Much more room for error off the tee. Sorry for my confusion...wasn’t thinking clearly lol 
  • Options
    Reed is such a scum bucket