• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,602
    That was awesome. One hell of a comeback 
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Hell yes!
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I think Tiger will be #1 in the world again at some point this coming year. Also amazing to think that he'll likely lock up an Olymipics team spot as well at this point in his career. Wow. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,282
    So Tiger is a better captain than some folks thought, eh?

Looking forward to 83 at either Torrey or Augusta...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Or worse because technically they should have blown them out of the water. Hell of a win though 
  • Options
    The course was absolutely amazing though. Elevated the event. So many awesome and strategic shots you don’t see regularly. Quail hollow next...yawn...

• Options
    “An open championship with Augusta greens. You can play on the ground if you want and in the air if you need”
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539

Like I said a month ago, "You pick Reed because of Sunday singles".  I knew it!  Ha.  No, he is a waste of talent.

They won in spite of Reed and some odd pairings from Tiger.  Or maybe Ernie Els is that good of a captain. 

• Options
    The course was absolutely amazing though. Elevated the event. So many awesome and strategic shots you don’t see regularly. Quail hollow next...yawn...

I wish I was good enough to really enjoy a course that made you be strategic.  With my skills I can only swing and hope for the best.    I have to practice like 4 times a week during the winter and then 5 times a week leading up to my Ireland trip in the summer.  Have to at least have some idea of consistency to not make a fool of myself and to get the most enjoyment out of this trip.  Don't want to take it for granted.   
  • Options

Or worse because technically they should have blown them out of the water. Hell of a win though 
    Eh, I dunno. I think you gotta tip the cap to the international guys for how they played first couple days. All I saw on Twitter the other day was how big a mistake he made by sitting that day out. He trusted his guys and it worked out. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Eh, I dunno. I think you gotta tip the cap to the international guys for how they played first couple days. All I saw on Twitter the other day was how big a mistake he made by sitting that day out. He trusted his guys and it worked out. 
    Certainly some nit picking can be done, Reed/Simpson getting run off the course for one, but at the end of the day they won. No doubt they made everything the first few days, hideki’s putter went the way of a weekend major in a hurry after making everything.  All I am saying is that the internationals had the worst world ranking of any presidents cup ever, which has bee lopsided to begin with, and it took a historic come back to beat them. At the end of the day they won, which is all that counts and a very Cool comeback/win for tiger 

• Options

I wish I was good enough to really enjoy a course that made you be strategic.  With my skills I can only swing and hope for the best.    I have to practice like 4 times a week during the winter and then 5 times a week leading up to my Ireland trip in the summer.  Have to at least have some idea of consistency to not make a fool of myself and to get the most enjoyment out of this trip.  Don't want to take it for granted.   
    Same. Cool to watch these guys play them though and hit bad shots that would be great for us, only to put them in a bad position even though they’re in the fairway.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Will Reed learn his lesson finally or will he retreat further to the cult that is his wife and her family?  We thought Sergio had changed but we saw how he behaved this year.   

That said, if a camera followed me around the course there may be a few foot wedges, numerous curse words, and a few club tosses.   I was going to say I had gone a few years without a club break but I recalled I snapped a driver shaft in half with my hands.  It was a slow bend and just bent too far.  Ended up 1 under the last four holes after I broke it!  Golf gods didn’t penalize me.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Anyone else get out in the colder parts of the country to golf  last week during the warm temps?   It took a while for the snow to melt but got 36 holes in at two courses yesterday.  Some really slow greens at the first course.   Probably had to hit twice or three times as hard to get it to the hole.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    Anyone else get out in the colder parts of the country to golf  last week during the warm temps?   It took a while for the snow to melt but got 36 holes in at two courses yesterday.  Some really slow greens at the first course.   Probably had to hit twice or three times as hard to get it to the hole.

Really wanted to but couldn't get out there with so much going on around the holidays.  And now today it's back to normal with 30 degrees and freezing rain/snow.  Oh well.  In better news my wife bought me a rangefinder for xmas.  I have wanted one of those for a long time....great to have when playing a course that doesn't have great yardage markers or the GPS thing in the cart.  
  • Options
    Sweet.  Love the range finder.  Helps at the range too in getting distances where there is no option for GPS on a watch or something like that. 
  • Options
    I've been battling a pretty bad sinus infection since last week. Temps have been in the mid to upper 40's and dry (except for today). That's golfable weather for me. So it sucks to not be out there.

You get a rangefinder that reads the slope? Really comes in handy.

HAWAII SWING STARTS THIS WEEK! Saw a commercial that other day and did a double take. Wasn't expecting it to start so soon. The Masters will be here in no time!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Speaking of, imagine being so rich you get offered a trip to Maui to play kapalua in January and will walk out of there with more money than you came with, and you say no thanks. Must be nice 
  • Options
    Speaking of, imagine being so rich you get offered a trip to Maui to play kapalua in January and will walk out of there with more money than you came with, and you say no thanks. Must be nice 
    Who did this?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Who did this?
    At least a few do it every year. Tiger barely ever plays (maybe once?), Phil isn’t this year, Rory rarely does...a few others too. Just crazy to me. Always thought so.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    Who did this?
    At least a few do it every year. Tiger barely ever plays (maybe once?), Phil isn’t this year, Rory rarely does...a few others too. Just crazy to me. Always thought so.
    It must be too long of a flight for these guys on their private jets from Jupiter to Hawaii!!! 

Agree that it's insane to pass that up......I haven't been to Hawaii but can't imagine going there ever getting old.
  • Options
    It is crazy, but all of us take vacations from our jobs.  Sure, we could forego vacations and work another 2-4 weeks a year and get paid or request a higher salary, but we all would prefer to take some vacation.   The difference is only that they make hundreds of thousands of dollars each week and we all don't.  All relative. 
  • Options
    Who did this?
    It must be too long of a flight for these guys on their private jets from Jupiter to Hawaii!!! 

Agree that it's insane to pass that up......I haven't been to Hawaii but can't imagine going there ever getting old.
    Lol yep. JT ran through a trip to Hawaii and left with a cool $3 mil or something a few years ago. 

Vacation doesn’t pass smell test for me.
  • Options
    But all these guys can play in any tournament they want to, but skip over half of them each year.   You could ask the question then why do they ever skip a tournament at all?  I get that the TOC has a smaller field so better odds, but don’t see the Hawaii tournaments as much different than other PGA stops.  Hawaii is nice but the people that skip do not need a PGA tourney as an excuse to visit.  
  • Options
    I get it, but I’d skip almost any location in the Continental US over Hawaii. As I said in the beginning, it’s just crazy to think these guys skip a trip to Hawaii where they will make money. We pay tens of thousands to go there and do what they do
  • Options
    Who all is skipping?

I can understand Tiger as he wants to limit his rounds and that flight cannot be good on his back.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Tiger, McIlroy, Mickleson, Rose, and Koepka (injury).  Maybe a couple others 
  • Options
    Tiger, McIlroy, Mickleson, Rose, and Koepka (injury).  Maybe a couple others 
    So really just three guys then. Tiger and Koepka are understandable obviously. Has Rory ever gone? I don’t remember him there. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,766
    I got a power red Nike polo for Christmas. I'm ready for Augusta on Sunday!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory