The Golf Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    This is amazing 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    No one on the US can make a putt...unreal.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Holy shit that was awesome
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Cantlay and JT with the monster putts.  That was looking like it could have been 9-1 going into today.  Should be a fun weekend....love the primetime golf.  But holy shit the amount of commercials is absurd.  Saw something on twitter that they were doing 23 mins of commercials per hour last night.  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Cantlay and JT with the monster putts.  That was looking like it could have been 9-1 going into today.  Should be a fun weekend....love the primetime golf.  But holy shit the amount of commercials is absurd.  Saw something on twitter that they were doing 23 mins of commercials per hour last night.  
    Yeah it's a lot. At least they do that "playing through" thing for some of them. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    edited December 2019
    Sorry about that
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
    Hahaha....wrong thread!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    The dinner looked good though.   Would love the leftovers. 
    The dinner looked good though.   Would love the leftovers. 
    Haha, it was solid. If your in North Georgia, your welcome to go to town on the 3lbs left over!
  • The US has their work cut out for them... that was a BEATDOWN today. Love it!
    They are going to need a monster day in singles to win this thing. Go Internationals! (especially my boy Hadwin). 
    Best player on the us is sitting for both sessions on Saturday 
    Massive putt for Finau. Gives them a fighting chance 
    Tiger is a better golfer than captain.
    No laying up saying reed’s caddie May have punched someone. Not sure if this is for real
    Yep, it happened. Fuck that guy. He’s not good for golf. He cheats and can’t take it when he’s called out.

people were surprised he got a pick in the first place, now he’s 0-3, tore shit down last time and now his caddie hit someone. Good luck getting another captains pick in your career 
    edited December 2019
    Reed was Tiger’s biggest mistake thus far.  Was he trying to be nice and rehabilitate Reed?  It would be overconfidence that the US was so stacked that he could waste a pick.  

Tiger should send Reed home on a plane.  
    Between reed and detool in the paid actor crowd down a million, it makes it quite easy to not give a shit if the US loses 
    So clearly known a little bit about ancer coming in, but holy shit has the dude missed a putt this week?!
    There is nothing more annoying than Adam Scott putting 
    So clearly known a little bit about ancer coming in, but holy shit has the dude missed a putt this week?!
    Lol he makes a 30 footer to extend the match. If this goes the way it’s looking this is gonna be the best team event in a very very long time. This is amazing golf on an amazing course 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Reed is definitely in my top 3 professional athletes I’d like to punch in the face. 
    Lol reed
    The wife is at a bachelorette, the baby is asleep, a nice bottle of Zinfandel is open, a crap ton of sushi is on its way and this is looking like it’s gonna be good
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I have a sneaking suspicion that we're going to choke this away after coming out so hot (USA)
  • bflynn1 said:
    I have a sneaking suspicion that we're going to choke this away after coming out so hot (USA)
    Of Course I’m cheering for the Internationals.. they need to turn this around quickly.  The USA was there for the taking and they are letting them off the hook. 

Solid performance by Tiger 
    bflynn1 said:
    A bit better than solid. 3-0, the best player on the American team.

My hot tiger take is that he’ll have his biggest accomplishment yet and get back to 1 in the world 

The US is fat and happy.  They play only courses that they have approved the setup for during the PGA tour.  They just don't have any heart in team competitions.  A few might. 

I just don’t think many of them can play strategic golf. You see it in the opens and team events when it’s not bomb and gouge. They can’t play golf on the ground 
    On second thought, maybe it just took them a few days to figure out some really really hard greens 
    bflynn1 said:
    A bit better than solid. 3-0, the best player on the American team.

My hot tiger take is that he’ll have his biggest accomplishment yet and get back to 1 in the world 
    Oh for sure, far and away the best on the team.
    This is such good golf