Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Nice round by Bjerregaard. That was fun to watch. Never understand the shitty attitudes toward Tiger though.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,455
    Bjerre over Woods ftw
    oh, heck.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    bflynn1 said:
    Nice round by Bjerregaard. That was fun to watch. Never understand the shitty attitudes toward Tiger though.
    Those people probably just bet against him cause they knew he’d lose today. Lol, he’s coming around though, he might be in the mix at the masters.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Horrible putt. In the back of his head, he knew losing was a good idea for 2 weeks from now 
    Nah, sometimes you just miss a clutch putt. It happens to the best of ‘em.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,600
    Horrible putt. In the back of his head, he knew losing was a good idea for 2 weeks from now 
    Nah, sometimes you just miss a clutch putt. It happens to the best of ‘em.
    Indeed. I’m just saying dude has played 5 rounds in 4 days with a potential 2 more tomorrow. For his chances in two weeks, not playing tomorrow is not the worst thing 
  • Options
    Sweet Jesus am I really going to have to side with Sergio!!?!?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    You think Kuchar should’ve conceded the next hole??
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    He went out of his way to point out the miss wasn’t conceded. He should have made it right. He knew what he was doing the entire time. 

If if he said I conceded that rather than I was going to concede that, what is the ruling? Dirtball move 
  • Options
    I also don’t think people should be posting match play scores for their handicap. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    He went out of his way to point out the miss wasn’t conceded. He should have made it right. He knew what he was doing the entire time. 

If if he said I conceded that rather than I was going to concede that, what is the ruling? Dirtball move 
    Sergio is the one who made the dumb mistake. Kuchar shouldn’t be punished for it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Sergio is the one who made the dumb mistake. Kuchar shouldn’t be punished for it. 
    Again, if Kuchar said I conceded that rather than I was going to concede that, what happens? 

It’s match play. That’s not the game. That’s cheap 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    Kuchar shouldn’t have said anything or if the official asked him about it he should have said he gave him the putt.  

Or he could have called some b.s. penalty on himself for that hole.  

Garcia messed up but Kuchar’s character is coming out.  Not sure that I will root much for him.  Happy to see him win a major but won’t be rooting for it.  
  • Options
    Kuchar shouldn’t have said anything or if the official asked him about it he should have said he gave him the putt.  

Or he could have called some b.s. penalty on himself for that hole.  

Garcia messed up but Kuchar’s character is coming out.  Not sure that I will root much for him.  Happy to see him win a major but won’t be rooting for it.  
    Very much agreed. He went out of his way to point out it wasn’t conceded. Let’s go kisner
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Did you see that he also slow played Bjerregaard on a putt earlier today? Bjerregaard had about a foot and a half left and Kuchar hadn't said anything yet so Bjerregaard starts lining his ball up. Then finally Kuchar said it was good. 

Seemed like he was trying to bait him into another Sergio type situation.
  • Options
     I would be in favor for golf carts for these finals.   Keep the thing moving.  Slow to watch on tv with two groups out there and one of the groups is meaningess to watch.  
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Between Kuchar’s recent antics and his alligator arms debacle, I’ve done a 180 on the guy. Thought he was a good one. Kind of thinking he’s more of a douche now. 
  • Options
     I would be in favor for golf carts for these finals.   Keep the thing moving.  Slow to watch on tv with two groups out there and one of the groups is meaningess to watch.  
    This is what I was getting at when I said this tournament is overrated. Sunday is the only day I can typically sit down and watch it wire to wire and it’s just so damn slow. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Between Kuchar’s recent antics and his alligator arms debacle, I’ve done a 180 on the guy. Thought he was a good one. Kind of thinking he’s more of a douche now. 
    No one will ever come close to Phil for being disingenuous and fake. He is the all time goat, but Kuchar is on the scale
  • Options
    They haven't even been playing an hour and they're already on the 6th. How much faster do you want it lol. 
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:
    They haven't even been playing an hour and they're already on the 6th. How much faster do you want it lol. 
    Ha well less about the pace and more just about the sheer number of golf shots and action. It’s limkted, to say the least.
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:
    Ha well less about the pace and more just about the sheer number of golf shots and action. It’s limkted, to say the least.
    That I can understand haha. There are definitely a lot more commercial breaks. I'm flipping between the match play, Cubs game, and KY vs Auburn game.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,455
    bbiggs said:
    No one will ever come close to Phil for being disingenuous and fake. He is the all time goat, but Kuchar is on the scale
    “disingenuous and fake”? :thinking:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Nice job Kisner.  

Next Ryder Cup captain needs to factor in heart when they pick their next captain’s picks. When in Europe, pick the most European like US players. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,919
    Im in Augusta mode already!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Nice job Kisner.  

Next Ryder Cup captain needs to factor in heart when they pick their next captain’s picks. When in Europe, pick the most European like US players. 
    I agree though hindsight is 20/20.  Kisner would have looked awfully good on that course, but what one of the 3 were you leaving off?  Phil would have been the one, but good luck with that.

Not sure how well he sets up at Whistling...   
  • Options
    I LOVE the Master's. Definitely my favorite major. And I like how they have the majors scheduled now. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    bflynn1 said:
    I LOVE the Master's. Definitely my favorite major. And I like how they have the majors scheduled now. 
    Agreed. By far my favorite major.  Can’t wait to spend the weekend watching the action. 
  • Options
    Masters is my favorite sporting event of the year, aside from the Yankees being in the world series. Will be opening the shore house next weekend.  Doing work in the morning. Masters in the afternoon, hopefully with some windows open.

That said, the US Open is a close 1a. 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,726
    edited April 2019
    Always pumped for the Masters. This has been my computer wallpaper for about 10 years.....

"Please, any hole but that one." ----Speith 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,756
    I've been ready for the Masters since October! Hopefully TW is up for it as well.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory