Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    bflynn1 said:
    Nice job by Tiger to grind out that -2. He had a bit of a rough day. Only one Par on the back 9. 
    always love when you talk about golfers “grinding”.....as if it’s a tough gig.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Wobbie said:
    bflynn1 said:
    Nice job by Tiger to grind out that -2. He had a bit of a rough day. Only one Par on the back 9. 
    One of the hardest games ever created. Do you feel differently? In golf you can hit a great shot 50% of the time and still suck ass. Most any other sport you'd be considered a great. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    bflynn1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    bflynn1 said:
    One of the hardest games ever created. Do you feel differently? In golf you can hit a great shot 50% of the time and still suck ass. Most any other sport you'd be considered a great. 
    Good comparison. How many guys have batted .500? Oh yeah...zero. 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    bflynn1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    bflynn1 said:

Don't feed the trolls.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    2 in the water at 17 for Tiger and puts up a 7. Yikes
  • Options
    That really sucks. 
  • Options
    He was making a run up to that point too. If the rest of his round remains clean, that 7 is going to sting bad. 
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    TOMMY LAD! Let's go!
  • Options
    Tiger shoots 71 with a quad 7. Make that a bogey and he’s 6 under and right in the hunt. I can see one water ball, but two?! If I put one in the drink, next shot I’m playing for the fat of the green. These guys get too aggressive on that hole. 
  • Options
    TOMMY LAD!
  • Options
    Tommy Lad!!
  • Options
    Rory in position again going into the weekend
  • Options
    I’m taking Rory at Augusta. He’s ballin 
  • Options
    I could listen to Rory talk about golf 24 hours a day 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    bbiggs said:
    That really sucks. 
    for sure.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I’m taking Rory at Augusta. He’s ballin 
    I’ll take him to contend on Sunday and then shit the tournament away. Until he starts closing out tourneys again, I’m in the “prove it” mindset with him. 
  • Options
    On Live From The Players they were just talking about how Tiger could have dropped just off the green on that grass walkway after his first ball hopped in the water on 17 because it's marked as a yellow hazard now. So he could've chipped/putted from there for his 3rd.

I figured maybe there was some local rule saying that any ball in the water is an automatic re-tee or drop zone shot.
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:
    On Live From The Players they were just talking about how Tiger could have dropped just off the green on that grass walkway after his first ball hopped in the water on 17 because it's marked as a yellow hazard now. So he could've chipped/putted from there for his 3rd.

I figured maybe there was some local rule saying that any ball in the water is an automatic re-tee or drop zone shot.
    Why the hell didn’t he do that then? Dumb. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531

Got to work at 4:30am this morning.  Plan to leave the office at 3:30 and head over to the club.  They opened the regular greens for the season this week so I'm really looking forward to seeing what I shoot.  Not gonna be pretty but sometimes those no expectation rounds are good ones. 

I paid dues for 12 months last year and got only two full 18 hole rounds in there.  Not a good use of dollars.

• Options
    This tournament seems so much bigger in March. I love the timing.
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Ol’ Tommy Stonehenge covering the course today!
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Soooo tomorrow is going to be quite the day. Hell of a leaderboard. For gambling purposes; a TOMMY LAD win would go a looong way to a $5k pot, but I don’t think it’s that likely. 

I don’t remember liking this course (or tournament) nearly as much as I am this year. 4 par 5s, drivable par 4s, a par 3 over 200 yards, 17, the smallest bunkers you will ever see that are magnets. It’s playing incredible. I have always found this tournament somewhat dull, I don’t know if I am just paying more attention since it’s the biggest tournament so far this year rather than stuck between the two best majors, but this has been a good tournament. 
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I thought The Players was held in the summer?  Or am I thinking of a different tournament?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    I thought The Players was held in the summer?  Or am I thinking of a different tournament?
    They moved it this year to March.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    eddiec said:
    OK.  Thanks.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    I believe it was previously in May. I could be wrong though. 
  • Options
    I've always thought the Players was a great tournament and course to watch on tv.  The holes are memorable and adds to the experience.  They could play Shinnecock every year and each hole would still be indistinguishable from each other.
  • Options
    I took my dad to The Player's in 2016 for his 50th birthday. It was an amazing experience walking around all four days. I've always loved watching it on TV though. Really needs to be considered as a 5th major. 
  • Options
    I like David Feherty's commentary, but man he has this weird sound with his mouth when he talks and is annoying as hell. 
  • Options
    PGA is doing a hell of a job on this 5th major nonsense. No thanks. Don’t dilute what we have