Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    edited March 2019
    Um so yeah. That was something. That ahhh, turned around quickly. That putt was nails

I like tough courses too, as I have said, but I have always hated this one for some reason. It doesn’t make sense since I love the closing par 5 especially after the tough stretch, but I just don’t think i like Florida resort courses all that much, outside of bay hill. 

Jack courses are so boring to me. I don’t know why. 
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited March 2019
    Wyndham Clark can shampoo my crotch!
    Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,538
    It just seems like that 70 degree sunny day with nothing else to do but golf is years away.   Damn this weather and work.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    It just seems like that 70 degree sunny day with nothing else to do but golf is years away.   Damn this weather and work.
    Going on four months and one week since I last played. Longest stretch by far since I started playing again. Fucking brutal. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    What do you guys think the Taylormade twist face drivers? Thinking of getting one. My buddy just got on and he loves it..
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    What do you guys think the Taylormade twist face drivers? Thinking of getting one. My buddy just got on and he loves it..
    Funny you ask. I’m seeking out my next driver right now and have a few I’m contemplating between. TM always puts out bombers. I’ve had some very good seasons with a TM in the bag. My honest opinion of twist face...just another gimmick. It’s not going to fix a severe mishit. It may add some forgiveness, but if I go with a TM it’s because I was getting the best results on the launch monitor; not twist face. 

I’m going for a fitting on Wed. It’s either the M5, Callaway Epic Flash or Titleist TS3. I’ve always played Callaway drivers well for some reason so might lean there, but the new Titleist drivers are really bombers, which is not usually what they’re known for. Let us know what you think of the TM if you demo it. 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,742
    Um so yeah. That was something. That ahhh, turned around quickly. That putt was nails

What a way to win your first tournament....drill a 15 footer with a playoff looming with Rickie and Koepka.  That was good stuff.
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I currently play a TM M3 driver and love it. I'm actually thinking about picking up a spare head for cheap now that the M5/6 is out. But yes, go get fit for the proper head and shaft combo for your swing. I need a heavier head/shaft combo so my two best options were going to be TM or Callaway because they make the heaviest heads. My fitter/coach then set me up with the right shaft and now my driver is pretty much "point and shoot." He also built my irons and that's another reason why I'm playing the best golf of my life over the past season+
  • Options
    Oh...Fucking....No
  • Options
    Oh...Fucking....No
    Hope it’s just muscular 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    bbiggs said:
    Oh...Fucking....No
    Hope it’s just muscular 
    Looks like I have a free weekend to be productive. Dammit! The girlfriend loves these weekends.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Dan Jenkins was one of the good ones.
  • Options
    Played a round today. Temperature was up near 70 but the wind was gusting 25-30 mph consistently throughout the round. It never let up. I grinded out a 79. I only hit 4 greens in regulation because it was so hard to pick the right club. Proud of my scrambling ability around the green. 
  • Options
    I’m full blown replacing my whole bag this year. Didn’t expect or want to, but it’s happening. Oh well...even if I don’t play good, I’ll look good damn it! Lol 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    I’m full blown replacing my whole bag this year. Didn’t expect or want to, but it’s happening. Oh well...even if I don’t play good, I’ll look good damn it! Lol 
    Uh oh, what's going on?
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Uh oh, what's going on?
    I think if you read between the lines he is admitting he murdered someone with his 9 iron and needs to get rid of the set/evidence.

i think he could probably still keep the woods and hybrids, but better safe than sorry.
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Uh oh, what's going on?
    I think if you read between the lines he is admitting he murdered someone with his 9 iron and needs to get rid of the set/evidence.

i think he could probably still keep the woods and hybrids, but better safe than sorry.
    Haha...well played! 
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Uh oh, what's going on?
    I hate my 915 D2 so I went for a fitting and the TS3 was the winner. The new HZRDUS Smoke shaft feels incredible with my swing. Great results. I know a Titleist dealer so I got a smoking deal (no pun intended). That led me down the slippery slope of testing new irons. I love my Mizzy’s but hate the DG S300 shafts in them, so I’m either selling them and starting from scratch or re-shafting them. Ohhhh the crazy life of a tinkering golf junky. :lol:
  • Options
    Really shocked McIlroy didn't win being in the final group on Sunday.....not.
  • Options
    It's getting really old watching him not show up when it counts. He's an amazing talent and obviously he's already had a better career before 30 than most guys will ever hope to have, but he's capable of so much more. Especially with his game off the tee. His putting let's him down. 
  • Options
    Rory really living up to this narrative. Glad he didn’t win for gambling purposes though.

azinger stinks. Molanari’s biggest moment....okay buddy. Bring back Johnny hahah 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,459
    bflynn1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Uh oh, what's going on?

Quick joke....cops walk in on a bloody scene; woman mutilated almost beyond recognition; dude cowering in the corner with a bloody iron.

cop: “my god, man. How many times did you hit her?” murderer: “I dunno. 7,8? ah hell, put me down for s six.”
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Really shocked McIlroy didn't win being in the final group on Sunday.....not.
    He’s not a closer. That’s for sure. 
  • Options
    This tommy fleetwood kid is ridiculously good. 
  • Options
    First time out yesterday in four and a half months.....NOT PRETTY!

Big takeaway for me is I got through the whole round with no lower back pain. So I guess (hope) the work I've put in towards getting that better lately is paying off. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Nice job by Tiger to grind out that -2. He had a bit of a rough day. Only one Par on the back 9. 
  • Options
    Tommy Lad!! Let’s go
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,742
    bbiggs said:
    This tommy fleetwood kid is ridiculously good. 
    He's legit.  I always forgot how young he is...only 28.  You could tell me he's 43 and I'd believe you...looks like a caveman.
  • Options
    Is there anything, I mean anything, that Phil is involved with that is not shady?

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/26265738/mickelson-hired-tutor-firm-surprised-scheme
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,459
    First time out yesterday in four and a half months.....NOT PRETTY!

Big takeaway for me is I got through the whole round with no lower back pain. So I guess (hope) the work I've put in towards getting that better lately is paying off. 

I thought you were banned.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14