Options

Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,648
    edited January 2019
    How many faux news viewers will be huddled around their massive TVs tonight going, “hmmm, hmmm,” at every utterance of Team Trump Treason?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    have the other networks gone on record saying they won't air it?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    edited January 2019
    No. I think I heard on the news this morning that 3 networks, including CNN, have confirmed they will be airing it. Everyone just needs to make sure they do NOT tune in.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    No. I think I heard on the news this morning that 3 networks, including CNN, have confirmed they will be airing it. Everyone just needs to make sure they do NOT tune in.
    not going to work. people will still tune in. if for anything, a reason to feed their hatred of him, for entertainment value, to talk about it with co workers the next day, etc. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    not going to work. people will still tune in. if for anything, a reason to feed their hatred of him, for entertainment value, to talk about it with co workers the next day, etc. 
    Of course some people will tune in, particularly all his fans. But it does seem that there are plenty of people who plan not to, in protest, and I'm just hoping everyone here in this forum choose not to. The more the better! And it's not like we won't all know what he says anyhow. It will be covered in the news, there will be a transcript, and it will be online after the fact. Nobody actually has to miss the craziness. I just hope millions and millions and millions choose not to tune in live.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Of course some people will tune in, particularly all his fans. But it does seem that there are plenty of people who plan not to, in protest, and I'm just hoping everyone here in this forum choose not to. The more the better! And it's not like we won't all know what he says anyhow. It will be covered in the news, there will be a transcript, and it will be online after the fact. Nobody actually has to miss the craziness. I just hope millions and millions and millions choose not to tune in live.
    That's not going to happen. It will be on all the major networks. 

Big thing for me is how ABC, CBS, and NBC deal with the lies. Do we know if they are getting a copy of the speech beforehand? If so, there better be actual facts and figures scrolling down the bottom the screen while he is lying to us. This will be fascinating. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I highly doubt "plenty of people" is accurate. this guy is a fucking trainwreck that everyone loves to watch and mock and be horrified by. especially when it comes to this issue. some people on the right are hoping that he doesn't say anything stupid AND some hope he "triggers" the left. some of the left is hoping he says something stupid so they can eviscerate him on social media and in the news, at the same time some are hoping he comes up with something realistic and mildly human. 

that's a ratings bonanza. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I highly doubt "plenty of people" is accurate. this guy is a fucking trainwreck that everyone loves to watch and mock and be horrified by. especially when it comes to this issue. some people on the right are hoping that he doesn't say anything stupid AND some hope he "triggers" the left. some of the left is hoping he says something stupid so they can eviscerate him on social media and in the news, at the same time some are hoping he comes up with something realistic and mildly human. 

I think this could be a good thing if the major networks (not just the cable one's) really devote the resources to live fact check him. He could really come across badly to the majority of Americans. I think this will backfire on him if the networks do their jobs...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I think this could be a good thing if the major networks (not just the cable one's) really devote the resources to live fact check him. He could really come across badly to the majority of Americans. I think this will backfire on him if the networks do their jobs...
    it's hard to fact check a guy who makes shit up in a stream of conciousness way. I'm sure he will have a script, and it will be painfully obviously like his SOTU, but he'll eventually go off script. which is where the drinking games begin! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Trump fundraises off prime-time address
    https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/424356-trump-fundraising-on-national-address-on-border

Trump in an email Tuesday afternoon asked supporters to donate to his "Official Secure the Border Fund" through the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, a joint fundraising committee for the Trump campaign and the Republican National Committee.

"We need to raise $500,000 in ONE DAY. I want to know who stood with me when it mattered most so I’ve asked my team to send me a list of EVERY AMERICAN PATRIOT who donates to the Official Secure the Border Fund," read the email written in Trump's name.

"Please make a special contribution of $5 by 9 PM EST to our Official Secure the Border Fund to have your name sent to me after my speech," it added. 

National Emergency my ass.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/424356-trump-fundraising-on-national-address-on-border

Trump in an email Tuesday afternoon asked supporters to donate to his "Official Secure the Border Fund" through the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, a joint fundraising committee for the Trump campaign and the Republican National Committee.

"We need to raise $500,000 in ONE DAY. I want to know who stood with me when it mattered most so I’ve asked my team to send me a list of EVERY AMERICAN PATRIOT who donates to the Official Secure the Border Fund," read the email written in Trump's name.

"Please make a special contribution of $5 by 9 PM EST to our Official Secure the Border Fund to have your name sent to me after my speech," it added. 

how the fuck is this type of shit even legal. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

it's hard to fact check a guy who makes shit up in a stream of conciousness way. I'm sure he will have a script, and it will be painfully obviously like his SOTU, but he'll eventually go off script. which is where the drinking games begin! 
    Well this is something that is pretty rigid, though. They requested only 7-8 minutes and I think (hope) the networks will demand a copy of his speech ahead of the time. This always happens with SOTU address. Not sure if it is common for these things, but they should demand it. Perhaps that is why it took them a while to agree to air it in the first place yesterday. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Even if they don't have the speech, they can at least put up the stats from his own government showing that this is not a national crisis during the speech. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

this is why Pelosi & Schumer are asking the networks for equal time.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

this is why Pelosi & Schumer are asking the networks for equal time.
    Great more idiots on tv.  But I'll watch all 3.

All those idiots are to blame for our immigration issues.  The dems have gone completely bonkers 1 way after the GOTP has gone ridiculously bonkers and blaming all ills on illegal immigration.  I don;t trust any of those old washington cronies or this new Bullshit artist president to fix this issue.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Well I saw something random on social media where 80,000 people seemed to support not watching it. I'd say it probably is actually "plenty" of people. However, yeah, lots will watch because of rubber necking, as usual. Too bad though. Everyone knows that ratings matter more than anything to him. That is why not watching is actually meaningful in this particular case. It wouldn't normally be anything close to a legit form of passive protest, but it is in this case.
  • Options
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    CM189191 said:
    Her tweet could of gone in some  other direction with the 8 minute comment pertaining to the baffoon 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^This.

I also want to know what he is actually thinking.  I'm curious if his base laps up everything or they actually take a step back and go
    "nah man".
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^This.

I also want to know what he is actually thinking.  I'm curious if his base laps up everything or they actually take a step back and go
    "nah man".
    So do I. I just don't need to watch the thing on network TV to find that out.
  • Options
    CNN airing ads approved by Team Trump Treason showing all the scary bad things happening at the border and blaming Pelosi and Dems. Mitchy baby taking to the floor blaming Dems for wanting to shut down the senate and put our relationship with ally Israel at risk, scaring all the little old Jewish ladies. What leadership.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    If anybody has a fence at their house you'll need to take it down because you are acting just like the KKK did in 1924...

Stop it.

The wall as a platform is dumb but some things that people equate it to are even worse...
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    If anybody has a fence at their house you'll need to take it down because you are acting just like the KKK did in 1924...

Stop it.

The wall as a platform is dumb but some things that people equate it to are even worse...

building a wall to keep out the scary brown man is not the same as having a fence to keep your neighbor's dog from shitting on your lawn.

most people should be able to see the difference here
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Stop it.

building a wall to keep out the scary brown man is not the same as having a fence to keep your neighbor's dog from shitting on your lawn.

No your neighbor should respect your property and understand boundaries.  It is against the law for a persons dog to go and deficate on your property.

See how you could link the two together?
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

Stop it.

That makes no sense dude.
  • Options
    Tempo, you just got duded....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Stop it.

No your neighbor should respect your property and understand boundaries.  It is against the law for a persons dog to go and deficate on your property.

so in your scenario, the scary brown man = dog ?

No, I don't see how you could like the two together.

this is what structural racism looks like
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Stop it.

so in your scenario, the scary brown man = dog ?

No, I don't see how you could like the two together.

this is what structural racism looks like
    Scary brown man.  That's funny.

It's an analogy.  You don't have to agree or pretend it doesn't make sense, that's fine.

The dog is a dog shitting on your lawn.  If a person was doing it I'm sure there are bigger problems where you live...

I'm using a fence as an example as how we do need boundaries.  Do we need a wall?  Not sure.

I do know we need to put more money towards processing people into the country.  I'm for processing all of them legally with stipulations.