Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• PJ_Soul said:
    CM189191 said:
    If anybody has a fence at their house you'll need to take it down because you are acting just like the KKK did in 1924...

Stop it.

The wall as a platform is dumb but some things that people equate it to are even worse...
    That makes no sense dude.
    I think it's silly to equate the Trump wall to the KKK wall but then I forget who is President.

Sorry, ,my bad...

Tempo, you just got duded....
    Dude, I did.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    PJ_Soul said:
    CM189191 said:
    If anybody has a fence at their house you'll need to take it down because you are acting just like the KKK did in 1924...

Stop it.

The wall as a platform is dumb but some things that people equate it to are even worse...
    That makes no sense dude.
    I think it's silly to equate the Trump wall to the KKK wall but then I forget who is President.

Sorry, ,my bad...

Tempo, you just got duded....
    Dude, I did.
    I think Trump's analogy is stupid and irrelevant and AOC's response is pretty close to the same level, but from the opposite spectrum.  
    She has impressed me with her energy but not with her substance thus far.  But I'm a 46 year old white guy so there's that. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited January 2019
    Scary times we live in. This was going on in my own town several months ago. If we all only had fences.
    https://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/14/mad-pooper-colorado-springs/

https://www.kktv.com/content/news/Mad-Pooper-wanted-by-Springs-Police-444969443.html
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Stop it.

building a wall to keep out the scary brown man is not the same as having a fence to keep your neighbor's dog from shitting on your lawn.

most people should be able to see the difference here
    No your neighbor should respect your property and understand boundaries.  It is against the law for a persons dog to go and deficate on your property.

See how you could link the two together?

so in your scenario, the scary brown man = dog ?

No, I don't see how you could like the two together.

this is what structural racism looks like
    Scary brown man.  That's funny.

It's an analogy.  You don't have to agree or pretend it doesn't make sense, that's fine.

The dog is a dog shitting on your lawn.  If a person was doing it I'm sure there are bigger problems where you live...

I'm using a fence as an example as how we do need boundaries.  Do we need a wall?  Not sure.

I do know we need to put more money towards processing people into the country.  I'm for processing all of them legally with stipulations.  

tRUmp's fence analogy didn't resonate with me. 

I've seen this argument that everyone aspires to have a big beautiful house, with a fenced in lawn, in a gated community. 

Places like that freak me out  - not everyone aspires to that.  I've lived in cities with shared walls most of my life.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Stop it.

building a wall to keep out the scary brown man is not the same as having a fence to keep your neighbor's dog from shitting on your lawn.

No your neighbor should respect your property and understand boundaries.  It is against the law for a persons dog to go and deficate on your property.

It's an analogy.  You don't have to agree or pretend it doesn't make sense, that's fine.

The dog is a dog shitting on your lawn.  If a person was doing it I'm sure there are bigger problems where you live...

I'm using a fence as an example as how we do need boundaries.  Do we need a wall?  Not sure.

I do know we need to put more money towards processing people into the country.  I'm for processing all of them legally with stipulations.  

I've seen this argument that everyone aspires to have a big beautiful house, with a fenced in lawn, in a gated community

Places like that freak me out  - not everyone aspires to that.  I've lived in cities with shared walls most of my life.
    Off topic a little but I find this interesting.

When I moved back to California years ago from NY everyone had a 6-8' high wall and a garage door opener.  I was staying w a relative at the time and I asked him if he knew the neighbors and he said only 1.

I told him I am going to introduce myself.  He begged me not to, lol.

So, I knocked on everyone's door in that cul de sac and said hello and if they needed something please don't be scared to knock on our door.

We became friends w everyone in our circle and felt ok to go borrow butter or sugar from the neighbors.

Also when I was in Iraq they also had higher fences to dwell behind but that was because if I or anyone was to see a females hair without a cover I'd have been shot and so would have the woman...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    GEE,

No mention of the word "terrorist" in the president's address last night. 

I
    WONDER
    WHY
    ?

Fucking liars. There is no "crisis," folks.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Stop it.

I've seen this argument that everyone aspires to have a big beautiful house, with a fenced in lawn, in a gated community. 

I have a fence, not a wall.  It's wrought iron and 4 foot high.  It's to keep the dog in...that's it.  I'd love not to have one in my backyard, but it's practical.  I only built it for the dog when he was young.  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Stop it.

jesus, he was obviously not comparing a dog to a black person. come on. this is getting absurd. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Stop it.

I've seen this argument that everyone aspires to have a big beautiful house, with a fenced in lawn, in a gated community

When I moved back to California years ago from NY everyone had a 6-8' high wall and a garage door opener.  I was staying w a relative at the time and I asked him if he knew the neighbors and he said only 1.

So, I knocked on everyone's door in that cul de sac and said hello and if they needed something please don't be scared to knock on our door.

We became friends w everyone in our circle and felt ok to go borrow butter or sugar from the neighbors.

Also when I was in Iraq they also had higher fences to dwell behind but that was because if I or anyone was to see a females hair without a cover I'd have been shot and so would have the woman...
    Thanks for your service. I had no idea you were a veteran.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Stop it.

like, literally you and she would have been shot? or figuratively??
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Stop it.

Thanks for your service. I had no idea you were a veteran.
    Thanks, but I'm not a veteran.  I went for two reasons:
    1: For work .  I was head of a construction company.
    2: To say that I went to Iraq because I most likely would never have that opportunity again.
  • CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Stop it.

I and the she would have been killed, yes.  Where we were it was very religious and that is how they handled things like that.  

CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Stop it.

I and the she would have been killed, yes.  Where we were it was very religious and that is how they handled things like that.  

holy fuck. I would have fucking bird boxed it the entire time visting that country. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Stop it.

holy fuck. I would have fucking bird boxed it the entire time visting that country. 
    Walking around wasn't the problem, we didn't do much of that anyways it was when you were at home.  I used to go out on the roof to workout and get some air so I had to be careful when I was up there and to not look over into other peoples yards.

Even on the roof there was 8' walls but in the fronts and backs there wasn't so if I tried I would be able to look in other peoples yards.

It was definitely a different experience...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Stop it.

This is the first time I've seen this term used as a verb in any kind of legitimate way, lol. I wonder how long it will take for it to hit dictionaries? :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited January 2019
    bird box, to (verb): to obstruct your own vision, via blind fold or other means, so as not to become victim to demons making you kill yourself against your will, mostly in the most implausible circumstances, including, but not limited to, white water rafting, driving a vehicle, and firing a high powered rifle with children in the area. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Stop it.

Walking around wasn't the problem, we didn't do much of that anyways it was when you were at home.  I used to go out on the roof to workout and get some air so I had to be careful when I was up there and to not look over into other peoples yards.

Even on the roof there was 8' walls but in the fronts and backs there wasn't so if I tried I would be able to look in other peoples yards.

working out on rooftops in iraq? are you tom sizemore or ewan mcgregor?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Stop it.

jesus, he was obviously not comparing a dog to a black person. come on. this is getting absurd. 

yeah....they kind of were.  it may not have been intentionally derogatory, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.  dehumanizing minorities like that needs to be acknowledged, it's not right.

a·nal·o·gy
    /əˈnaləjē/
    noun
    noun: analogy; plural noun: analogies
    1. a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
      "an analogy between the workings of nature and those of human societies"
      • a correspondence or partial similarity.
        "the syndrome is called deep dysgraphia because of its analogy to deep dyslexia"
      • a thing which is comparable to something else in significant respects.
        "works of art were seen as an analogy for works of nature"
      • LOGIC
        a process of arguing from similarity in known respects to similarity in other respects.
        synonyms:similarity, parallel, parallelism, correspondence, likeness, resemblance, correlation, relation, kinship, equivalence, similitude, symmetry, homology
        "an analogy between the workings of nature and those of human societies"
        antonyms:dissimilarity
      • LINGUISTICS
        a process by which new words and inflections are created on the basis of regularities in the form of existing ones.
      • BIOLOGY
        the resemblance of function between organs that have a different evolutionary origin.

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Stop it.

working out on rooftops in iraq? are you tom sizemore or ewan mcgregor?
    lol.  We couldn't go to a gym.  We couldn't really go anywhere but work.  They feared for our safety but I could get away from people and go on the roof.
  • CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Stop it.

yeah....they kind of were.  it may not have been intentionally derogatory, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.  dehumanizing minorities like that needs to be acknowledged, it's not right.

a·nal·o·gy
    /əˈnaləjē/
    noun
    1. a comparison between two things, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
        "the syndrome is called deep dysgraphia because of its analogy to deep dyslexia"
      • LOGIC
        a process of arguing from similarity in known respects to similarity in other respects.
        synonyms:similarity, parallel, parallelism, correspondence, likeness, resemblance, correlation, relation, kinship, equivalence, similitude, symmetry, homology
      • LINGUISTICS
        a process by which new words and inflections are created on the basis of regularities in the form of existing ones.
      • BIOLOGY
        the resemblance of function between organs that have a different evolutionary origin.

Wow, I have to brake this shit down?

You called them scary brown men...I did not.

No dehumanizing.  You brought up the dog, not me.

A fence was needed to keep others from getting on to your property...  That's the analogy.  That's it.

Sometimes people look to hard for something to be there that's not... Jesus.

CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Stop it.

a·nal·o·gy
    /əˈnaləjē/
    noun
      • LOGIC
      • LINGUISTICS
      • BIOLOGY

the analogy was yours, not his. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

HughFreakingDillon said:

/bold added for emphasis
    edited January 2019
    CM189191 said:
    HughFreakingDillon said:

/bold added for emphasis
    CM189191 said:

/the first time a dog behind a fence was mentioned in the same context as the wall and immigrants

he compared a wall and a fence only. the dog shitting equating to the "scary brown man" was yours alone. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

CM189191 said:
    HughFreakingDillon said:

/bold added for emphasis
    I think you missed the point that they both pointed out. You're the one that brought up the dog pooping and used the term "scary brown man."
    He related a border wall to a house fence, and said nothing. Why you wouldn't think he was referring to protecting the house from other people I don't know. You added the part your neighbor's dog and called him out for being derogatory for what you added.
    mace1229 said:
    CM189191 said:
    HughFreakingDillon said:

/bold added for emphasis
    I think you missed the point that they both pointed out. You're the one that brought up the dog pooping and used the term "scary brown man."
    He related a border wall to a house fence, and said nothing. Why you wouldn't think he was referring to protecting the house from other people I don't know. You added the part your neighbor's dog and called him out for being derogatory for what you added.
    exactly
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    I think the real point here is that a fence around someone's lawn has no fucking relation to the border wall situation at all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Do houses with fences around them never get broken into?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Do houses with fences around them never get broken into?
    Usually not if they have a big brown dog behind them, lol
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think the real point here is that a fence around someone's lawn has no fucking relation to the border wall situation at all.
    I don't think it was the best analogy. Fences on houses are meant for decor and keeping things/people in as much as others out. A border wall (with a few exceptions in history) are not meant to keep people in, just others out. But what was 100 times more annoying was taking that analogy and basically saying "o, so you're trying to keep dogs from shitting on your yard. So that means you are comparing immigrants to dogs shitting, you must be racist"
    PJPOWER said:
    Do houses with fences around them never get broken into?
    Usually not if they have a big brown dog behind them, lol
    ^scary brown dog.