Options

*** Boston Fanviews Here 5/17/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    LauriLauri Posts: 748
    JimMacLeod wrote:
    Theo and his wife were sitting on Mike's side of the stage. He didn't perform, but he's the "T" to whom Just Breathe was dedicated. He was in a pretty weak disguise (that's the only way I recognized him). Before PJ came on stage, Theo was standing off to the side. Once I recognized him I yelled out and asked him the score. He gave me a thumbs down.

I think people wouldn't even notice Theo if he weren't wearing a disguise! I mean, who has natural hair that looks like that? I don't think I'd recognize him if I saw him walking down the street, but with the disguise it's like, "oh there's theo epstein."
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248
    Amazing setlist :clap::mrgreen:

Sooooo glad that Erik got Crown of Thorns and Smile was played for Jenn :thumbup:

Jenn? jenn who (ms. wes. c. adle???)
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=132246
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Lauri wrote:
    JimMacLeod wrote:
    Theo and his wife were sitting on Mike's side of the stage. He didn't perform, but he's the "T" to whom Just Breathe was dedicated. He was in a pretty weak disguise (that's the only way I recognized him). Before PJ came on stage, Theo was standing off to the side. Once I recognized him I yelled out and asked him the score. He gave me a thumbs down.

I think people wouldn't even notice Theo if he weren't wearing a disguise! I mean, who has natural hair that looks like that? I don't think I'd recognize him if I saw him walking down the street, but with the disguise it's like, "oh there's theo epstein."
    He should sit in his gorilla suit, nobody know it was him.
    Heck if the gorilla suit is at the cleaners, he could wear a cow suit. He'd blend right in.
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Poncier wrote:
    Lauri wrote:
    JimMacLeod wrote:

He should sit in his gorilla suit, nobody know it was him.
    Heck if the gorilla suit is at the cleaners, he could wear a cow suit. He'd blend right in.
    THEO!
    vedder.jpg
    I Fn love this picture!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    mkdevomkdevo Posts: 33
    Teddy Bruschi was sitting 3 rows behind me in loge 22 (great seats, BTW....thanks 10c). Not sure if he moved or not after the show started. His wife's friend wouldn't let us take pictures of him. She kept moving in front of him when we tried.

Yeah, he moved to the floor right in front of the soundboard. Pic:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4 ... =530651454
  • Options
    The OceanThe Ocean Posts: 21
    Coming off of the Hartford concert I was really pumped for this one. I missed Band of Horses on saturday, but was glad I caught them last night. I really like a few of their songs, but that Ronnie Wood cover, Act Together was really good. Eddie coming out to sing it was even better.

This was my second show, and while I liked the Hartford show slightly better, this one did not disappoint. Some of my all time favorites were played, In my tree, UNDONE, Sad, and Pilate.

Love Reign O'er Me was so powerful and Boom on the intro was awesome.

Overall a really great show, can't wait to see them again.
    What is human? Nature's more!
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Didnt think they could top Hartford

I was wrong.

WHAT AN EVENING!
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    From Black Sabbath this morning ... they posted this link.

Pearl Jam Pays Tribute to Ronnie James Dio

About the 5:40 mark of the video is when Heaven and Hell kicks in for about 15 seconds or so.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    jimed14 wrote:
    For those that went, if you can, please talk about the Sabbath-Heaven and Hell riff thrown in at the end of Alive. Super quick? drawn out ... cool?

Thanks.

He's tagged this at the last couple shows I've been to on this tour. It's not drawn out real long or anything. If you don't know the song, you won't here it.
  • Options
    SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    Sidnum wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    For those that went, if you can, please talk about the Sabbath-Heaven and Hell riff thrown in at the end of Alive. Super quick? drawn out ... cool?

Thanks.

He's tagged this at the last couple shows I've been to on this tour. It's not drawn out real long or anything. If you don't know the song, you won't here it.

Oh and I should point out that I was not at this show, so I can't say in particular for this one.
  • Options
    Kind of amazing how many songs they have ready for the tour. I've been to a couple of shows where people are shouting out a request and they say they can't do it because they haven't played it or practiced it up for the show. These guys just have it all ready all the time.
    "Money is no object," I said, "but I am on a budget."
  • Options
    JzPJzP Posts: 931
    What a great night! My wife got my hopes up to win the lottery and have great seats, which didn't happen but still I had a great spot to see the show. Setlist was great with lots of rarities. No rants from Ed on this fucked up world we live in, must be getting soft after offending some with his suggestion of suicide. I hope the rest of the shows to come are as great for you all. Thanks for the times.
    ~JzP
  • Options
    joseducajoseduca Posts: 1,272
    LOGE13, first row, very close to where the cow was spotted, two tall blondes...
    They were allowed by the "up until then very strict security" to get on the field (behind the fence) during the last two songs. They were dancing, enjoying the songs and trying to call the band's attention. For whatever reason the cow got more attention that these two hotties... I love this band.
    Make records, not war...
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    I know this is for fans only, and have never posted unless I was actually at the show but DAY-UM!!! My jaw is scraping the floor right now. You lucky fucks! Congrats to my girls who got to see this show..
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    edited May 2010
    joseduca wrote:
    LOGE13, first row, very close to where the cow was spotted, two tall blondes...
    They were allowed by the "up until then very strict security" to get on the field (behind the fence) during the last two songs. They were dancing, enjoying the songs and trying to call the band's attention. For whatever reason the cow got more attention that these two hotties... I love this band.

Ed came over during Alive and grabbed one of the women's hand, both of them freaked. they were right in front of us
    Post edited by jmurray on
  • Options
    StickmanJamStickmanJam Posts: 425
    toddiet123 wrote:
    stickman I was right behind you guys. Good stuff indeed. I have a few quick pictures up on my blog
    http://toddiet123.blogspot.com/2010/05/ ... arden.html with a bunch more to upload..was just in a meeting this am (and later today). I'll have a full review that probably will be posted to http://www.melophobe.com as well.

Nice to have met you.

Were you in the Johnny Cash T? And it was awesome meeting you guys as well...what a show...what a memory!
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
  • Options
    FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
    I'm not even writing a fanview because that shit was way too incredible and I'm SURE that there have been numerous people who have already posted that would say exactly what I said.

I'll just leave you all with this

Dog_jumps_fire.gif
    Dog_jumps_fire.gif
    Dog_jumps_fire.gif
    Dog_jumps_fire.gif
    Dog_jumps_fire.gif
    Dog_jumps_fire.gif
    Dog_jumps_fire.gif
    Dog_jumps_fire.gif
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,318
    I've been a long time fan but Boston was my first PJ show, and oh my god! The word revival comes to mind. I swear I had a religious rebirth when they opened with Release. To hear Red Mosquito, Pilate, Smile, Push Me and Pull Me, just amazing. I feel like the luckiest human on earth this morning. And I must say I was sitting with some of the coolest fucking people I've ever met in my life. Ten Clubbers were the icing on the cake!
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options
    KayleorKayleor Posts: 1
    While, admittedly, I got a late start to attending concerts; best show I've ever been to. I love fans, of anything, in this area. Best birthday present I could have asked for, thanks guys.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    jimed14 wrote:
    From Black Sabbath this morning ... they posted this link.

Pearl Jam Pays Tribute to Ronnie James Dio

About the 5:40 mark of the video is when Heaven and Hell kicks in for about 15 seconds or so.

cool!

great crowd shots too
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    I am at a loss for words!! This topped Hartford, and I LOVED Hartford!! Best PJ and concert EVER!!

I have seen them since 8/7/92 and the band continues to outperform themselves....better and better...OMG!

Now a day of rest and onto the MSG shows!! Don't know how even these shows will top Boston....

Thanks to Ed for mentioning the town where I work...Shrewsbury..and I think he mentioned HOLDEN? a former dwelling place of mine...

Oh by the way, met Mike McCready outside the purple shamrock about 1:30. Had met him previously at 2005 CCFA show in Seattle.

A bunch of female Jammers went running out and got their pics taken. I was too nervous, I just shook his hand.

My 2 fav shows of all time were these last 2 New England shows esp because of meeting jennifer jaff and meeting mike again....

I LOVE THIS FRIGGIN' BAND!!!!

P.S. EPIC set ist, PUSH ME PULL ME!!??? are you serious, among others....
  • Options
    LauriLauri Posts: 748

Oh by the way, met Mike McCready outside the purple shamrock about 1:30. Had met him previously at 2005 CCFA show in Seattle.

Please tell me Mike was just outside the Shamrock and not in it.
  • Options
    Lauri wrote:

Yes, he was OUTSIDE, A bunch of us run out to see him...and I don't know where he went after..
    Discopij wrote:
    I never realized until now that the riff Mike added to Alive at the end was Heaven and Hell ... he does that riff a lot during Alive but i always assumed it was Iron Man or Warpigs ... nice timely little tribute though last night

I must have missed the Dio tag, I know PA system was playing DIO before Band of Horses, and it wasn;t until a co-worker showed up who is a BIG fan of PJ and metal did I hear that DIO has passed away.

I THOUGHT I heard another ain't talkin about love tag right before the last song, but maybe it's just me...

Anyway.....bummed about DIO, he was one of many metal bands I banged hands to during the 80's..and still do....Like Iron Maiden.

This was the best concert ever!!!
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,318
    Lauri wrote:

Yes, he was OUTSIDE, A bunch of us run out to see him...and I don't know where he went after..
    Discopij wrote:
    I never realized until now that the riff Mike added to Alive at the end was Heaven and Hell ... he does that riff a lot during Alive but i always assumed it was Iron Man or Warpigs ... nice timely little tribute though last night

I must have missed the Dio tag, I know PA system was playing DIO before Band of Horses, and it wasn;t until a co-worker showed up who is a BIG fan of PJ and metal did I hear that DIO has passed away.

I THOUGHT I heard another ain't talkin about love tag right before the last song, but maybe it's just me...

Anyway.....bummed about DIO, he was one of many metal bands I banged hands to during the 80's..and still do....Like Iron Maiden.

This was the best concert ever!!!
    I heard the Ain't talkin about love tag too. I think Stone played a few chords as a joke.
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Lauri wrote:

"I don't know if it even exists, but Shrewsbury!...this one goes out to Shrewsbury!"
    As my wife is from Shrewsbury and my in-laws are still there, I had a good laugh at that.

Of course it exists, me and a co-worker fan work there....lol!!
  • Options
    DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    FirstExit wrote:
    I'm not even writing a fanview because that shit was way too incredible and I'm SURE that there have been numerous people who have already posted that would say exactly what I said.

I'll just leave you all with this

Dog_jumps_fire.gif

Shame for all those empty seats (around the dog fire, that is)
  • Options
    Thanks to Ed for mentioning the town where I work...Shrewsbury..and I think he mentioned HOLDEN? a former dwelling place of mine...
    He did mention Holden, I hoped he would have mentioned to the crowd his friend Dick Hertz from there , but no shout out for him.
  • Options
    toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    Were you in the Johnny Cash T? And it was awesome meeting you guys as well...what a show...what a memory!
    Indeed I was. I submitted my review to the editors..hope it goes up soon.
  • Options
    Black-12Black-12 Posts: 249
    One of the BEST SHOWS EVER! Energy was great! Haven't felt anything like that since Philly! Reign on me, State of Love and Trust, Crown of Thorns....good god....I'm so HAPPY! Don't think NEwark tonihgt will even touch last night.

Got shut out of MSG but at least I had this amazing Bosotn experance! Thanks guys! :D
  • Options
    DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    Excuse me...

Animal
    Hail, Hail
    Not for You
    Red Mosquito
    Rival
    Save You
    Rearview Mirror
    Crown of Thorns

....all in one show?