Options

*** Boston Fanviews Here 5/17/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    elsels Posts: 11
    I feel so fortunate, that after many years of waiting for the opportunity to arise to see PEARL JAM, that I was at last night's show in Boston. When I heard RELEASE to start the show my jaw dropped in pure excitement and the rest of the night went by at such a high level of energy and off the charts enjoyment! This band is truly one of the best! They are such amazing musicians and every song sounded perfect. I'm still on cloud nine!! Just can't believe I was so lucky to hear them play last night and their set list was incredible!!! WOW!

THANK YOU PEARL JAM!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258
    Wow.
    Just friggin awesome.
    I'm still amped from the show.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Was an Amazing show.....One of the best!!!!!
  • Options
    More_BarnMore_Barn Posts: 33
    Wow! PJ really kicked some ass last night! You guys got a stellar show!

Going to Newark tonight and reading all this really pyschs me up.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    GREAT set list
  • Options
    Lennon_CobainLennon_Cobain Posts: 704
    I forgot to mention that former New England Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi was in attendance. :)
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    Woke up with a big smile...fantastic show. So glad to finally hear Crown of Thorns live. First time seeing them from up in the balcony, it was a trip watching everything from above. Pearl Jam fans rocking out is a beautiful site to behold. Can't get over the incredible shape these guys are in to deliver such a high energy performance while bouncing, jumping and spinning all over the place.
    Chicago 7/19/13
    Boston 9/28/04, 5/24 & 5/25/06, 6/28 & 6/30/08, 5/17/10
    Ottawa 9/16/05
    Austin ACL 10/4/09
    Vedder Boston Opera House 8/1 & 8/2/08
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,415
    Awesome setlist...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    Looks like an epic show... :)
    Can't wait fot MSG
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    I may have just missed the most intense orgasm I will ever get to experience.
  • Options
    I forgot to mention that former New England Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi was in attendance. :)
    Yeah, saw him.
  • Options
    Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    came from Virginia for my 35th show, and first trip ever to Boston

I will never miss another Boston Pearl Jam show if I can help it.

Great city. Super nice people. And one helluva show.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• Options
    ereeper1ereeper1 Posts: 233
    Can anyone that was there elaborate on the Dio tag and where it happened in the set and which song was the tag?
  • Options
    PlayDeepPlayDeep Posts: 72
    sick setlist :o
    * Camden, NJ - Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 28, 2006
    * Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 20, 2008
    * Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009
    * New York, NY - Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

• Options
    m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    how is MSG ever going to top this
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    m0jorisen wrote:

step 1 is that MSG HAS 2 SHOWS left and boston is over
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    m0jorisen wrote:

step 1 is that MSG HAS 2 SHOWS left and boston is over
    Step 3...profit.
    gnomes.jpg
  • Options
    njaussienjaussie Posts: 12
    Sick set list. Was following last nite and cdnt believe it. Was at Hartford and going to Newark tonite and both MSG gigs. Hope there's some gas left in the tank.
  • Options
    grizahamgrizaham Nashville, TN Posts: 338
    Had a great time watching the setlist last night! Will definately be purchasing this show as it will be a resident in my car for awhile to come.

You know whats better than an epic show??????
    The next show... (cause it hasn't happened yet) ;)

Long Live PJ.
    Seen PJ 21 times live from 1994-2019

• Options
    rawpixelsrawpixels Posts: 912
    WOW!!!! I went to all 4 Philly shows and never thought I'd see better shows, but last night's Boston show topped any show I've been to. The crowd, the incredible setlist, the amazing pre-party........

I'm blown away!!!
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    16chez2116chez21 Posts: 83
    Unreal.

Nothing more to say.

Thanks 10c...I finally won lottery seats (Sect D, Row 2)
  • Options
    WhywhyzedWhywhyzed Posts: 270
    The amazing setlist doesn't even come close to doing this show justice.

The amount of energy in the building was off the charts. Rarities wove in with hits and covers, there were jams and solos everywhere...

The band seemed absolutely delighted to be playing in Boston and Boston was absolutely delighted they were playing; it was just perfect.

Alive was obviously supposed to be the end of the show; it went on and on. The lights came up, the band huddled in the middle of the stage and Eddie said "1 more, 1 more...." and they played RITFW with the lights on.

Thanks to the 10c - I joined the day before the tix went on sale and had nice seats in Loge2... which was the Best Section Ever - hi fives, pictures, love all around.

What a night, I'm spent.
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    Lucky Fuckers :mrgreen:
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,137
    edited May 2010
    I'm pretty confident in saying that ticket prices for Pearl Jam in the midwest...really anywhere except Boston, Philly, New York, California, and Washington state... should be lowered. If they are going to consistently play better shows in these cities and states, I say the rest of us gets at least a price break.

I mean, it's like the Midwest is merely a sound check....warm up gigs....an opening act and they save themselves for the above areas.

Of course, I'm mostly kidding, and very jealous. Looks like a great setlist...wish I could have been there. :D
    Post edited by cincybearcat on
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Hugo ReyesHugo Reyes Posts: 241
    I'm having a difficult time adujsting back to the Real World after last night. I want to go back to the place I was 11 hours ago. How I long for that feeling which right now is only an intense memory. Epic.
  • Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    Excellent night all around. Got my 10C tickets early and won the lottery, 2nd row very end on Mike's side. The Harp was cool said hi to a guy that looked familiar, the hat was a dead give away, Dissidentman (Kevin). Spoke to a very nice couple that was behind us, thank you both. Felt bad in a way that we were in front of them because their 10C# is so low compared to mine, but appreciate the lottery none the less. Ed coming out with BOH, the set list, Push me, Pull me combined with Ed tossing my daughter a tambourine made for a memorable evening that I will not soon forget. Thank you Pearl Jam and 10C!
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    The agony of PJ withdrawal. How long 'til the boot?

Laryngitis this morning, head still ringing, pulled a muscle in a leg dancing and jumping like a fool.

Best. Show. Ever.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    Jurassic MarcJurassic Marc Posts: 152
    outrageous setlist, how was the poster? looks like an awesome show.
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    edited May 2010
    Smile? Soldier of Love? Crown of motherfucking Thorns??? You lucky, lucky bastards! :twisted: *Adds boot to mental shopping cart.*

Edit: I hadn't even looked closely enough, so: Sad? Pilate? Push me, pull me??? Are you fucking kidding me? I think the only thing missing from that set list to make it perfect is In Hiding, other than that: 21/20.
    Post edited by Kloddz on
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    Wow! Congrats to those who were there. Sounds like it was a blast. Can't wait for MSG. I have to hand it to the band... they really know how and when to turn it up. Incredible set!

PJ knows how to cleanse an arena. Think about it... that place must have reeked after the Bruins shit themselves all over the ice on Friday night. Pearl Jam went in there and blitzed the place w/ the sickest set of the year.

Karma is all good again in Boston. The celts will walk into an arena that is fresh, and ready for another Championship run.

:lol:
    9.29.96, 8.28.98, 9.1.00, 7.5.03, 9.30.05, 6.1.06, 6.19.08, 6.20.08, 6.24.08, 10.27.09, 10.28.09, 10.30.09, 5.20.10, 9.3.11, 9.4.11, 9.2.12, 7.19.13...

2013- Brooklyn2, Philly1, Philly2, NOLA