Options

*** Boston Fanviews Here 5/17/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    edellefemineedellefemine Posts: 103
    about how many hours did PJ play?
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    Karma is all good again in Boston. The celts will walk into an arena that is fresh, and ready for another Championship run.

:lol:

And roger that too, I guess it's a good time to be a Bostonian... :lol: Go Rondoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    wow....awesome setlist...boot will be bought
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258
    alphakry wrote:
    about how many hours did PJ play?
    Hit the stage at 8:54, left it at 11:31.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    dirtyFrank222dirtyFrank222 Posts: 124
    I guess last night takes some of the sting out of blowing a 3-0 lead to the FLYERS! Sounds like a epic show wish I was there. Thinking about going to the show tonight. But I feel it will be an average show after last night perfomance. GO FLYERS!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Amazing setlist :clap::mrgreen:

Sooooo glad that Erik got Crown of Thorns and Smile was played for Jenn :thumbup:

I think the buy button will direct you to bootlegs that are being played....you don't have to "buy" radio
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    Now that is a ....MOTHERFUCKIN SETLIST !!
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    That show was complete madness. I am still in awe of what went down. Thank you SO MUCH PJ for what has to be one of the most epic shows ever. Good god!
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    .....They finally played it. It took me 5 concerts but I finally got to see them play Rearviewmirror. Last night was truly an experience. I won tickets from a local radio station even though I had ten club seats already and gave them to my buddies cousin who is a big fan bet never got the chance to see them. Looking over at him and seeing him jumping up and down and enjoying every minute was like I was there for the first time too. Truly a fantastic evening. Can we do it again real soon please?
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    That show was complete madness. I am still in awe of what went down. Thank you SO MUCH PJ for what has to be one of the most epic shows ever. Good god!
    It was pretty good wasn't it. ;)

Nice to meet you briefly at the Harp.
  • Options
    DJ_JuniorDJ_Junior Posts: 25
    Awesome show, just angry I missed the last few songs to catch 11:20 train home. Damn it!

Doesn't PJ know there is a 11pm curfew! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    elsels Posts: 11
    Still on a musical rush from last night ... seriously the best show ever!
  • Options
    pmpknfacepmpknface Posts: 5
    This show was just EPIC!

Does anyone know the name of the song that Eddie sang w/ Band of Horses before PJ came on? That was killer too!
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:
    It was pretty good wasn't it. ;)

Nice to meet you briefly at the Harp.

Back at ya man!
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    pmpknface wrote:
    This show was just EPIC!

Does anyone know the name of the song that Eddie sang w/ Band of Horses before PJ came on? That was killer too!

act together

it is a song that mick and keith wrote and ended up on a ronnie wood solo album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrPwxE-vAY0
  • Options
    AO JammaAO Jamma Posts: 53
    Wow, what a way to wrap up this years tour for me!!! First, thank you 10c. Absolutely loved my seats in both Hartford and in Boston. Now on to this show. After Hartford I had no high expectations for last night. I figured that was going to be the best of these two. Man was I wrong. Like everyone has been saying, that was beyond sick. That was a show for all the hardcore rockers out there. This was my 20th show and they keep throwing songs at me that I haven't heard live. Man I love this band. Can't believe that I probably won't see them again till the next time they come to New England (or maybe a 20th anniversary show). Thanks PJ.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Been lucky to attend every show in New England since 1996.
  • Options
    LauriLauri Posts: 748
    edited May 2010
    This was one of the best of the 23 shows I've been to. I went to Hartford Saturday, and I honestly left feeling a little unsatisfied- the setlist in Hartford was a little shallow. BUT OH MY GOD Boston totally made up for it. Unbelievable. I kept expecting them to stop, or to play a slow recovery song at some point, but hell no, not Pearl Jam. It was just rocker after a rarity, after a rocker, after an unbelievable cover. Literally had chills during Love Reign and Crown of Thorns. In MY Tree is one of my absolute favorite songs and I had only heard it live once before. Very little discussion, but Ed mentioning how important Howard Zinn was to him and Stone talking about Partners in Health (which is a Boston-based organization) was great. I was right on the side of the stage next to Mike (thanks Ten Club!) and he was-as usual- having a ball with the fans. From my vantage point, I really got to focus on Matt for a while, and sometimes I forget how unbelievably awesome he is. I forget who said it in the book Grunge is Dead but Matt makes PJ "phenomenal." Definitely a memorable one all around. If you weren't at the show, I highly recommend getting this boot!

P.S. the crowd last night in Boston was the best I have seen in AGES. Very low level of douchebaggery. After Hartford, this was a huge welcome (there was a drunk guy behind me at Hartford who kept poking in me in the face, and the guy next to me chatted loudly with his friend the whole show!). But Boston last night was just dedicated fans rockin out. Maybe because it was on a Monday??? Maybe PJ should play all their shows on Mondays???
    Post edited by Lauri on
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Jesus that was fun!!! 8-)
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Big plus: Ed mentioned the town I live in (Norwood) as well as an affiliate of the company I work for (Partners in Health). I'm pretty sure you'll hear me yelling after he mentioned Norwood on the bootleg.
  • Options
    Clark KentClark Kent Posts: 159
    in my tree........... and the mention of Quincy.......... whew!!!!!!!!!!! superman
    Son of Jor-El
  • Options
    OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    Holy shit I REALLY hope they play Red Mosquito in Jersey tonight...I've wanted to hear that one live for years now!!!

Superb setlist!!
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    Big plus: Ed mentioned the town I live in (Norwood) as well as an affiliate of the company I work for (Partners in Health). I'm pretty sure you'll hear me yelling after he mentioned Norwood on the bootleg.
    happydad wrote:
    in my tree........... and the mention of Quincy.......... whew!!!!!!!!!!! superman

"I don't know if it even exists, but Shrewsbury!...this one goes out to Shrewsbury!"
  • Options
    joseducajoseduca Posts: 1,272
    speaking of towns...

SHREWSBURY??? someone said SHREWSBURY???
    :roll:

sick show
    Make records, not war...
  • Options
    simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    Lauri wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:
    happydad wrote:

"I don't know if it even exists, but Shrewsbury!...this one goes out to Shrewsbury!"
    That was funny..... and my own little town of Franklin was mentioned in that rant too. I'm pretty sure he was talking to me...lol
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • Options
    EP50619EP50619 Posts: 6
    edited May 2010
    That set list was incredible. A few notes - the show for us kicked off ominously (really disproportionately bad seats compared to a low Ten Club #), so I was sitting with the frat pack. Despite that minor glitch, things got rolling quickly, the set was amazing and Ed also mentioned my hometown (Franklin).

Question - the Herald mentions something about Theo playing in disguise (I know he did that in a past Boston show), is that comment current? I mean, the Sox were in NY losing to the yanks...silly sox fans won't like that...but screw them...PJ is playing a hell of a lot better on this tour than the current incarnation of the Red Sox.

Cheers,
    E
    Post edited by EP50619 on
  • Options
    Holy shit I REALLY hope they play Red Mosquito in Jersey tonight...I've wanted to hear that one live for years now!!!

Superb setlist!!

I really think it was the best setlist of any show I've been to. It blows my mind that PJ can just play a song like In My Tree that was on an album from 14 years ago every once in a while and still KILL IT. I mean it is one thing for an arena band to play the same hits night after night for 20 years and sound good...it's another thing to rotate through entire catalogs spanning 20 years and playing covers and Bsides and whipping out stuff they haven't played in ages. I just don't understand how someone could not love Pearl Jam :).
  • Options
    pmpknfacepmpknface Posts: 5
    JSBE wrote:
    pmpknface wrote:
    This show was just EPIC!

act together

it is a song that mick and keith wrote and ended up on a ronnie wood solo album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrPwxE-vAY0

YES! That's it! Thanks a ton! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    EP50619 wrote:
    Question - the Herald mentions something about Theo playing in disguise (I know he did that in a past Boston show), is that comment current? I mean, the Sox were in NY losing to the yanks...silly sox fans won't like that...but screw up, PJ is playing a hell of a lot better on this tour than the current incarnation of the Red Sox.

Cheers,
    E

I don't remember him playing at all, but he was at the show in disguise. He and his wife were sitting on the side of the stage next to Mike- he was wearing a wig and a hat.
  • Options
    Lauri wrote:

As my wife is from Shrewsbury and my in-laws are still there, I had a good laugh at that.
  • Options
    I couldnt believe Ed mentioned Billerica. very cool hearing my hometown

awesome show. still hurting
    4/6/94, 4/10/94, 4/11/94
    9/26/96, 9/28/96, 10/2/96
    6/14/98, 9/13/98, 9/15/98, 9/16/98
    8/3/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00
    7/2/03, 7/3/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03
    9/28/04, 9/29/04
    5/24/06, 5/25/06
    6/28/08, 6/30/08, 8/1/08, 8/2/08