Options

*** Boston Fanviews Here 5/17/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    ^^^ Fantastic first post! ^^^
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    anyone recall the quotes regarding billerica and shrewsbury? havent seen them posted anywhere yet
    4/6/94, 4/10/94, 4/11/94
    9/26/96, 9/28/96, 10/2/96
    6/14/98, 9/13/98, 9/15/98, 9/16/98
    8/3/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00
    7/2/03, 7/3/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03
    9/28/04, 9/29/04
    5/24/06, 5/25/06
    6/28/08, 6/30/08, 8/1/08, 8/2/08
    5/17/10
    10/15/13, 10/16/13
    8/5/16, 8/7/16
    9/4/18, 9/4/18
  • Options
    gems_n_rhinestonesgems_n_rhinestones Harrisburg, PA Posts: 379
    What an unbelievable show!!!

I've been fortunate enough to be at some great shows as of late, but this one has to be #1 (I never thought I would say that after Philly 3). But how could I not, the set list was nearly as good (IMO), and I was in the front F-ING row!! Smack dab in the middle of Ed and Stone! I never thought I would ever get to see a show from the front row, but it happened and I will NEVER forget it!!!

I came to the show with my cousin, who is a pretty casual fan, and I was a little nervous she would not be all that into it or look at me like I was crazy jumping up and down and screaming the lyrics to nearly every song. (Holy shit I have a new appreciation for those guys and the shape they are in to do that night after night!) But she was really into it for the most part and seemed to know a lot more songs than I thought she would.

Unfortunately we were late arriving--we were making our way to our seats right as the band was coming on and as soon as I heard the start of Release (I was sooo hoping for that as the opener) the emotions I felt literally buckled my knees. Other highlights for me---Animal, In My Tree, Save You followed by RVM was for me the highlight-what a 1-2 punch! The energy given off by the crowd and the band during Not For You and Reign O'er Me was unreal! The crowd was superb, and the band brought their A++ game for sure.

I thought it was cool when Eddie mentioned how they had done about 27 shows (in and around Boston) and hadn't played this song and went right into Crown of Thorns. I thought of U R A Crazy Breed (Erik I guess) and thought he must have been going apeshit right about then. I also thought it was really touching when they played Smile for Jenn. It just shows once again these guys really care about their fans, read the boards (or at least are kept up to date) and try their best make us happy :D .

I got some awesome pics of the band, a wave from Mike, locked eyes with Ed for a brief moment, and had an all around unforgettable night. Thanks guys for such a great show!!!!
  • Options
    MK24165MK24165 Posts: 1
    Definitely a great set list all around. Loved hearing a few tunes of No Code. And Force of Nature, Sad, Pilate, Rival...a great night for the long-time fans. Was surprised when the Howard Zinn dedication wasn't Down, but can't be disappointed with Undone. I've been to a bunch of shows over the years and never heard that one live.

Saw some great pics of the show at a Boston local music site:
    http://www.empyrelounge.com/galleries/2010/051710-pearl-jam/pearl-jam-photos.shtml
  • Options
    G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    anyone recall the quotes regarding billerica and shrewsbury? havent seen them posted anywhere yet

Yes, Ed called out Billerica first, i dont think he elaborated but he emphazied the unique sounding name...i think with 4 syllables... which really isn't the local tongue. I am in the next town over so that caught my attention.

Unlike Shrewsbury, when Ed mentioned Shrews he said he didnt think he had ever been there, however Jeff looked at Stone immediately and they both smiled. I read jeff's lips he said something like "Been there".
  • Options
    FeintFeint Posts: 31
    This was the first show that I have had the privilege of attending and I was not disappointed. Starting off with "Release" I just knew that the rest of the show was going to be amazing and it really lived up to my hopes. I consider myself lucky that I got to hear songs such as "Undone" and "Push Me, Pull Me" at my first show. There were a few songs they didn't play that I would have liked to hear, such as "Garden"(It's my favorite), but I was not at all disappointed with the set list. It's not going to be my last show, so hopefully I'll hear it eventually.

Our seats weren't the greatest. I bought the tickets within 5 minutes of the Ticketmaster sale, but I was still up in row 15 of section 311. It didn't matter though, I was just glad to be in the building. We still had a good view of the stage. Plus, from our vantage point it was cool to see the energy of the crowd when the lights were up.

It was definitely the greatest show of any band I have been to. I can't wait for them to come around here again so I can see them again.
    Pearl Jam - Boston 5/17/10, Worcester 10/15/13, Worcester 10/16/13, Hartford 10/25/13
    EV Solo - Boston 6/16/11, Hartford 6/18/11
    Tres Mts. Boston 3/17/11, RNDM Boston 11/7/12
  • Options
    StickmanJamStickmanJam Posts: 425
    What an unbelievable show!!!

I've been fortunate enough to be at some great shows as of late, but this one has to be #1 (I never thought I would say that after Philly 3). But how could I not, the set list was nearly as good (IMO), and I was in the front F-ING row!! Smack dab in the middle of Ed and Stone! I never thought I would ever get to see a show from the front row, but it happened and I will NEVER forget it!!!

I came to the show with my cousin, who is a pretty casual fan, and I was a little nervous she would not be all that into it or look at me like I was crazy jumping up and down and screaming the lyrics to nearly every song. (Holy shit I have a new appreciation for those guys and the shape they are in to do that night after night!) But she was really into it for the most part and seemed to know a lot more songs than I thought she would.

Unfortunately we were late arriving--we were making our way to our seats right as the band was coming on and as soon as I heard the start of Release (I was sooo hoping for that as the opener) the emotions I felt literally buckled my knees. Other highlights for me---Animal, In My Tree, Save You followed by RVM was for me the highlight-what a 1-2 punch! The energy given off by the crowd and the band during Not For You and Reign O'er Me was unreal! The crowd was superb, and the band brought their A++ game for sure.

I thought it was cool when Eddie mentioned how they had done about 27 shows (in and around Boston) and hadn't played this song and went right into Crown of Thorns. I thought of U R A Crazy Breed (Erik I guess) and thought he must have been going apeshit right about then. I also thought it was really touching when they played Smile for Jenn. It just shows once again these guys really care about their fans, read the boards (or at least are kept up to date) and try their best make us happy :D .

I got some awesome pics of the band, a wave from Mike, locked eyes with Ed for a brief moment, and had an all around unforgettable night. Thanks guys for such a great show!!!!

dude, I also won lottery, and was front F-ING row between Ed and Stone...we must've been sitting next to one another and may have even talked. My brother and I were in the new army green PJ tour shirts with the flags on them.

This show was amazing, I caught two pics from Mike! oh man...glad you had an equally awesome time
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
  • Options
    LauriLauri Posts: 748
    G-force wrote:

Yes, Ed called out Billerica first, i dont think he elaborated but he emphazied the unique sounding name...i think with 4 syllables... which really isn't the local tongue. I am in the next town over so that caught my attention.

Unlike Shrewsbury, when Ed mentioned Shrews he said he didnt think he had ever been there, however Jeff looked at Stone immediately and they both smiled. I read jeff's lips he said something like "Been there".

haha sounds like something went down in shrewsbury at somepoint...
    I think what Ed said was, "I don't know if it even exists, but Shrewsbury? Ok this one goes out to Shrewsbury!"
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    A decent review in todays Boston Herald:

http://bostonherald.com/entertainment/m ... id=1255563
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3375/4622588791_6e6c61f1d6.jpg
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4054/4622588615_c2948cc650.jpg
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4008/4623193238_2dc4535771.jpg

great show by the way. wish i didn't forget my sd card. i would been all over the rarities played. not to mention more pics.
  • Options
    MC1173MC1173 Posts: 12
    Another great show. Overall a great setlist (I had yet to see Got Some and Unthought live, two of my favs from the new album). Crown of Thorns was a great surprise! Although, I still have to tip the cap to 5/25/06 as one of my overall favorite shows/sets.

Everyone sounded great. My brother and I rocked out. Thanks to the band for continuing to provide great music. And thanks again to Tenclub for helping provide tickets to the show. You should be proud and recognized for your endless work.
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553

Happened to catch this on my phone, starting where Ed is talking about playing shows in Boston Proper. The direct quote is: "There's also, there's some small towns we never got to, like Billerica, ?Malden (***can't really tell because the Billerica fans are cheering***), Franklin, Norwood _ I know somebody from Norwood _ Medford, Quincy, this one, I've never been there and I don't even know if it exists, Shrewsbury. This one's for Shrewsbury."

I'm pretty sure he said "Malden" but it also could have been "Holden" or something like that. Anybody know?

So who does he know from Norwood? :D
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    Cow ManCow Man Posts: 29
    Great show! I would like to thank everyone for the great time! I am happy to see my photo up in the gallery too!
  • Options
    McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    I hate to say it but that was the best of all shows.
    I came from Ontario for the show.
    It was unbelievable from start to finish and you knew from the first second that it was going to rock.
    why> because of the crowd. The entire stadium was electrified like it was everyone's last night on earth.
    It was my 11th show including Philidelphia night 3 and Hartford two years ago which were my prior favourites.
    but this was the best hands down no question
    and it was only the best because the crowd was the best
    The band responded - after a few songs Eddie mentioned that they were going to have to kick it up a notch to match the crowds energy - so they could be worthy of the response they were getting.
    I have seen "just breathe" live a few times but the response to that song in Boston was INCREDIBLE. It was like it was a timeless classic that everyone had been waiting for. If people freaked out for Just Breathe imagine what it was like for Red Mosquito, State of Love and Trust, Pilate, Push me Pull me (an absolutely spot on version - way better than the album verison), Crown of thorns,
    for an 11th show to hear 8 songs I haven't heard - too much.
    Thank you Boston and Bostonians for being so amazing.
    Thank you ten club for giving the fans a chance to see the best band in history up close and repeatedly
    Thank you Pearl Jam for giving every ounce possible to the music.
    get this boot.
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Cow Man wrote:
    Great show! I would like to thank everyone for the great time! I am happy to see my photo up in the gallery too!
    :lol:

:clap:
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    What a FANTASTIC show!!! I'm so honored that I got to be a part of the magic that is PEARL JAM!!!

Thank you so much for playing RELEASE!!!! :thumbup: :mrgreen::clap::mrgreen::clap::mrgreen::clap::mrgreen: :thumbup:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    YES! I totally picked up on the DIO/SAbbath Riff during Alive. I turned to my friend and said something right away.
    GREAT SET LIST, GREAT SHOW, GREAT NIGHT

They always have love for us here in Boston!
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    Greatest show I've ever been to, any band, anywhere. Seats were perfect and the setlist was unreal, Ament came out playing Bee Girl on an acoustic with Eddie singing, shit was so sick. Love Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    VedderologyVedderology Posts: 64
    This show kicked all kinds of major ass..sorry Newark your NOT Boston!
    PROPERTY OF EDDIE VEDDER

http://www.myspace.com/vedderology

I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain...Release me...
    Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    I thought it was cool when Eddie mentioned how they had done about 27 shows (in and around Boston) and hadn't played this song and went right into Crown of Thorns. I thought of U R A Crazy Breed (Erik I guess) and thought he must have been going apeshit right about then.

i sure as hell was....after i came out of shock! :mrgreen:

Cow Man wrote:

Cowdude!! Thanks for taking the pictures with my daughter and i after the show in North station! It's my FB profile pic now! you rock!! :mrgreen:

definitely an amazing night.....how does this band do it night in and night out...time & time again? un-fucking-believable!!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248

Happened to catch this on my phone, starting where Ed is talking about playing shows in Boston Proper. The direct quote is: "There's also, there's some small towns we never got to, like Billerica, ?Malden (***can't really tell because the Billerica fans are cheering***), Franklin, Norwood _ I know somebody from Norwood _ Medford, Quincy, this one, I've never been there and I don't even know if it exists, Shrewsbury. This one's for Shrewsbury."

I'm pretty sure he said "Malden" but it also could have been "Holden" or something like that. Anybody know?

So who does he know from Norwood? :D
    It was Holden, home of Dick Hertz, not Malden.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Truth MachineTruth Machine Posts: 113
    Sorry if it's been asked but I was curious which song Matt used the different drum kit on? In one of the pictures it appears he is using something different. Thanks.
    "I'd like to thank all you mother fuckers. All you mother fuckers..." EV-10/03/05
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Sorry if it's been asked but I was curious which song Matt used the different drum kit on? In one of the pictures it appears he is using something different. Thanks.

Soldier of Love

He had a back up drum kit facing the back of the stage. When the band played SOL facing the back, Matt jumped on that kit.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Truth MachineTruth Machine Posts: 113
    youngster wrote:

Soldier of Love

He had a back up drum kit facing the back of the stage. When the band played SOL facing the back, Matt jumped on that kit.

Ah yes. That explains it. Thanks!
    "I'd like to thank all you mother fuckers. All you mother fuckers..." EV-10/03/05
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    anyone have an audience recording of this?
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    No clue how many shows I've been to, don't even care. The band loves this town and they show it in every show they play here. Philly 4 in Oct was down right Epic for the length and the setlist. This show was great!! I have never been to a bad PJ show. 'Nuff said. Guys, thanks for the music!
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567
    For all the Boston haters out there, this show was a war........I drove 10 hours from New Brunswick, Canada and slugged it out in the trenches for 2.5 hours while Ed and Mike unloaded on us.......TD Banknorth was filled to to near capacity and it felt like it........Crown of Thorns was all the way deadly and Just Breathe reminded 19,580 maniacs of somebody they have loved and lost.......

This was show number 9 for Mrs and myself and it's a dead tie with Halifax NS (front row, dead center..... 2 guitar picks and a drumstick later) Just to put it in perspective a little bit......

Hartford had it's moments, as did Cleveland......NYC Has the best chance to catapult ahead of boston......

We shall see
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    I'm reading all these posts, and must throw in my two cents. I'm always blown away every time I see this amazing band play. I don't feel qualified to rank anything, as I have only been to 6 shows, 1 in Hartford, 5 in Boston, but, this show, was indeed , by far the best I have ever seen them perform. I guess you could say I was speechless the last couple of days, either because of the awe, or the fact that my voice was a little worn out, because I never sing out to music that I love as much as I did Monday night in Boston Garden. Sensational, amazing, fantastic!! Just a few words to describe the intensity of the evening. Seriously. Thanks PJ, and thanks ten club, for the great seats! :D
  • Options
    pootowerpootower Posts: 29
    They played at least one song from every album! How wicked cool is THAT?!
    Kitchener 9/11/05. Hamilton 9/13/05. Ottawa 9/16/05. Toronto 9/19/05. Toronto 9/5/06. Toronto 10/5/06. Chicago 17/5/06. WP Beach 6/11/08. Tampa 6/12/08. Toronto 8/21/09. Vancouver 9/25/09. The Spectrum x4.