Options

*** Boston Fanviews Here 5/17/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    mirekmirek Posts: 18
    MAN!!!!!!! Wish I had a time machine...............
  • Options
    mattxpikemattxpike Posts: 53
    Ok, it has been almost 24 hours since the Boston show started and I am still trying to digest it all. My thoughts are still all over the place because I cannot believe I was fortunate enough to be in that building last night with all of you.

Took the train in from the North Shore to meet my wife, who was laid off from her job about 2 hours before the show. crushed she lost her job but we were both thrilled to be seeing PJ for our 10th time together ( my 19th all together not including 5 Ed solo shows) (my poor wife has still yet to see Daughter live haha)

Got the poster for the show, hung it in my office today

I got to my ten club seats Lodge 1, row 14. If I was at a Basketball or Hockey game I would have been stoked but for the PJ show I was a bit bummed.

Tedy Bruschi was in the section to my right (before he moved to the floor) and people were going bonkers for the poor guy haha. I mean I get it, fuck, he is a 3x super bowl champion. Was cool to see him there for the show.

Any disappointment I may have had due to my seat selection dissipated the moment the house lights when down and the band went came on stage.

Also to my right was something i have never seen before at a show (and i work in the music business)
    I think it had been mentioned in previous posts but there was a little stand set up with a binder on it with a light attached. Two people were doing sign language for a fan in the crowd. I couldn't help but notice and thinking how amazing that was. Like I said, I have never seen anything like that before at a show. A few times in the show the people who were signing had to ask me what the band was singing during improv parts like Modern Girl and Save it for Later. They didn't have Crown of Thrones either on their list. Regardless I though that was something pretty special and obviously PJ had something to do with it because they had the set lists and what not with them so they knew what songs to sign for the woman. Pretty awesome.

I still cannot get over the set list.

The best thing about being in the ten club is knowing that for the most part the people who are sitting around you are just a big of PJ geek as you are. This was very apparent when the band started in with Crown of Thorns we all just turned and look at each other with this "holy shit no way" looks on our collective faces.
    priceless and then some...

I had tickets for both nyc shows but had to pass them along to friends and I know I really don't mean this but I am glad I cant make those shows only because this one was really on a whole other level.

sorry for the long winded post

thank you ten club, pearl jam and boston
    Things were different then. All is different now.
    I tried to explain. Oh, somehow.
  • Options
    wickedhuffwickedhuff Posts: 11
    Had an AMAZING time last night!! You guys have summed it up perfectly! Loge 20, Row 17 (seats 17&18) - the people around me were loving the show just as much as I was - high fives everytime a favorite came on, loved it!! I couldn't have asked for a better night (or setlist)!!

Can't wait for MSG I & II!!!
    hartford '98, hartford '00, boston '03, hartford '06, san francisco I '06, san francisco II '06, san francisco III '06, gorge I '06, gorge II '06, madison square garden I '08, madison square garden II '08, hartford '08, boston I '08, boston II '08, boston '08 (ev), albany I '09 (ev), albany II '09 (ev), philidelphia III '09, philiadelphia IV '09
  • Options
    JimMacLeodJimMacLeod Posts: 107
  • Options
    great show

anyone see a real setlist and know what they changed at the end, I assume Ledbetter but it was interesting as always to see them change on the fly.
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,514
    I forgot to mention I'm pretty sure I witnessed a girl break down to tears when she realized she won the lottery (or at least got good seats) Not sure why else you'd cry (in a happy way) at the box office.[/quote]

maybe they were behind the stage?
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,514
    great show

anyone see a real setlist and know what they changed at the end, I assume Ledbetter but it was interesting as always to see them change on the fly.
    I don't know but that was cruel when Ved said that Last Kiss was requested by some young girl but they weren't going to play it.
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    great show

I don't know but that was cruel when Ved said that Last Kiss was requested by some young girl but they weren't going to play it.

I actually thought that that was pretty funny. And I was very excited to finally hear Soldier of Love.
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    great show

YL was on the setlist as the closer.
  • Options
    sacredyouthsacredyouth Posts: 69
    I was absolutely ecstatic when Ed said they weren't going to play Last Kiss and they we got Soldier of Love instead. Hopefully that girl understood. . . maybe she realized that Soldier of Love is a MUCH better song.
  • Options
    shar42627shar42627 Boston, MA Posts: 9
    What an incredible show!! What a truly incredible band!! We were so fortunate - we won the lottery and had 2 of the best seats in the house...first row, directly in front of Eddie!

My head is still whirling from the entire evening...the set list was amazing - watching them perfrom Red Mosquito, Crown of Thorns, In My Tree, Love, Reign O’er Me....just awesome! And, Smile...not only is this song one of my favorites, but at the end Eddie pointed down directly to me and tossed me his harmonica....wish I could say I caught it, but lost sight of it with the lights...fortunately, the security guy came over and picked it up and handed to me. Unbelievable!

Most sincere thanks and appreciation to the Ten Club for making this night happen for us...what a phenomenal experience - it was truly a dream come true!
  • Options
    LauriLauri Posts: 748
    JimMacLeod wrote:

that shot was pretty much exactly where I was sitting!
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    Red Mosquito Rocked like crazy...

and In My Tree No Code style was epic..

How about the blinding lights throughout "Love Reign"???
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    in my tree as an early song in the setlist is always great. they learned that from msg 1 2003 ;)

also i think mike wore a soundgarden secret show shirt after the first encore
  • Options
    toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    the full review I did has been posted w/pictures from my 2nd row 10 club seats (pro shot Band of Horses by another guy on the team).
    Here is the link - http://www.melophobe.com/concert-review ... boston-ma/
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Best show ever. (For me.)
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    My second show ever...going to MSG 2 on Friday.
    Went with two great friends and met a lot of you at The Harp.

For my second show it was life altering! I hope, I REALLY hope there is more shows like Monday's show.
    I STILL, being its Wednesday and the show was Monday, have a bit of a scratchy voice...It was soooo worth it!

and for every one who signed my shirt, Thanks...there will be a clean one to sign at MSG if you are there...

Look for me at Irish Times!

see you there!!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248
    Dillsnufus wrote:
    also i think mike wore a soundgarden secret show shirt after the first encore
    Yeah he had a "Nudedragons" shirt on.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    edited October 2010
    shar42627 wrote:
    What an incredible show!! What a truly incredible band!! We were so fortunate - we won the lottery and had 2 of the best seats in the house...first row, directly in front of Eddie!

My head is still whirling from the entire evening...the set list was amazing - watching them perfrom Red Mosquito, Crown of Thorns, In My Tree, Love, Reign O’er Me....just awesome! And, Smile...not only is this song one of my favorites, but at the end Eddie pointed down directly to me and tossed me his harmonica....wish I could say I caught it, but lost sight of it with the lights...fortunately, the security guy came over and picked it up and handed to me. Unbelievable!

Most sincere thanks and appreciation to the Ten Club for making this night happen for us...what a phenomenal experience - it was truly a dream come true!
    Post edited by DangDang on
  • Options
    DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    This is what I do when I'm bored during school.
    All stats are based off of numbers available on PJ.com today.
    Rarity of song = number of times played live

Philly 4

10/31/09 Wachovia Spectrum
    Songs Played: 41
    Average Rarity of Song: 161.146
    Rarest Songs: Whip It, Bugs, Sweet Lew
    Most Common Songs: Even Flow, Alive, Black
    Number of Songs with < 100 times played: 22
    Percent of Songs played < 100: 53.659%
    Number of Songs with < 200 times played: 28
    Percent of Songs played < 200: 68.293%

Boston 2010

05/17/10 TD BankNorth Garden
    Songs Played: 32
    Average Rarity of Song: 156.3125
    Rarest Songs: Undone, Push Me Pull Me, Force of Nature, Bee Girl
    Most Common Songs: Even Flow, Alive, Better Man
    Number of Song with < 100 times played: 18
    Percent of Songs played < 100: 56.25%
    Number of Songs with < 200 times played: 21
    Percent of Songs played < 200: 65.625%

Question: How much more pronounced would the rarity at Boston be if the Philly novelty "Whip It" were excluded from the calculation? Answer due Thursday by 5:00 PM
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    Theovl316 wrote:
    My second show ever...going to MSG 2 on Friday.
    Went with two great friends and met a lot of you at The Harp.

For my second show it was life altering! I hope, I REALLY hope there is more shows like Monday's show.
    I STILL, being its Wednesday and the show was Monday, have a bit of a scratchy voice...It was soooo worth it!

and for every one who signed my shirt, Thanks...there will be a clean one to sign at MSG if you are there...

Look for me at Irish Times!

see you there!!

i wouldn't count on them all being like that show

NYC also hase great crowds (and philly) ... so hopefully friday will come close for you

but boston was something special
  • Options
    DangDang wrote:
    This is what I do when I'm bored during school.
    All stats are based off of numbers available on PJ.com today.
    Rarity of song = number of times played live

Philly 4

10/31/09 Wachovia Spectrum
    Songs Played: 41
    Average Rarity of Song: 161.146
    Rarest Songs: Whip It, Bugs, Sweet Lew
    Most Common Songs: Even Flow, Alive, Black
    Number of Songs with < 100 times played: 22
    Percent of Songs played < 100: 53.659%
    Number of Songs with < 200 times played: 28
    Percent of Songs played < 200: 68.293%

Boston 2010

05/17/10 TD BankNorth Garden
    Songs Played: 32
    Average Rarity of Song: 156.3125
    Rarest Songs: Undone, Push Me Pull Me, Force of Nature, Bee Girl
    Most Common Songs: Even Flow, Alive, Better Man
    Number of Song with < 100 times played: 18
    Percent of Songs played < 100: 56.25%
    Number of Songs with < 200 times played: 21
    Percent of Songs played < 200: 65.625%

Question: How much more pronounced would the rarity at Boston be if the Philly novelty "Whip It" were excluded from the calculation? Answer due Thursday by 5:00 PM

or lets calculate the quality of the rarest songs -

ask any pearl jam fan... which would you rather hear
    Whip It, Bugs, Sweet Lew
    or
    Undone, Push Me Pull Me, Bee Girl

plus... one is a Devo song? does that even count? I'm pretty sure PEARL JAM fans crave PEARL JAM rarities... yeah I'd love for them to cover a million NON PJ songs... like Party All the Time by Eddie Murphy ;)

so I think the rarity of Whip It does not equal the rarity of Undone

and actually... i don't care... i'm just bored

i had a great time at the show... and it had nothing to do with the rarities... if i don't know a song then i just stand there and sway... if i know a song i go nuts... sorry i'm not a full fledged member of the Herd

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    You did have a great time Monday, right Pillow Pants? Get good seats? We had crap seats.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    You did have a great time Monday, right Pillow Pants? Get good seats? We had crap seats.

yes i did...

i was 12 or so rows up from Stone on the side

Mike in Hartford
    Stone in Boston

i'm an equal opportunity fan

although when would i be Jeff's side?? ;)
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809

i had a great time at the show... and it had nothing to do with the rarities... if i don't know a song then i just stand there and sway... if i know a song i go nuts... sorry i'm not a full fledged member of the Herd

:mrgreen:

I hear ya....

If I know the song being played, I sing along....

If I dont know the song being played....

I flap my arms like a chicken, and shake my ass like a duck....

Either way, Its a good time.....

hehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Fanviews of the show please. PM personal conversations...thank you.

x
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Kat wrote:
    Fanviews of the show please. PM personal conversations...thank you.

x
    Sorry Kat. The show was outstanding. My favorite of all 17 that I've attended. Force of Nature, Smile, Crown of Thorns, Soldier of Love....I could go on forever!

Wish you could have made it out here to see the spectacle Kat!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    All I have to say is WOW

Unbelievable energy in the Garden, the band as always delivered.

Not for you was a highlight for me, along with Hail, Hail and In my Tree

Great show, best of the 4 I have been to, compared against Chicago last year, Boston blows the United Center out of the water.

How long til the boot is available?
    For every tool they lend us, a loss of independence
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    Just have to say cheers again to those in Loge 22, row 7. The people in that section were fantastic. Everyone was rocking out and going nuts. Actually, the whole building was going nuts. Just a great night that I wish I could relive over and over.
  • Options
    What an incredible show!!! Like many others, I went to Hartford and didn't know how they were going to top that performance. Man did they put me in my place. However, I won't delve too deeply into the setlist, as it's been covered by more educated fans than I.

From a personal perspective this show will always be special to me becasue I took my 13 year old brother. It was his first concert ever and the look on his face was friggin priceless when the lights dropped and Release started. (Although, to be fair, the expression on my face was most likely similarly as euphoric). He called Reign on like the second note. I was very impressed and it was at that moment I knew was deserved such an awesome setlist. I don't think he fully understands the magnitide of hearing Push Me, Pull Me or Crown of Thorns (or any of the other rarities), but he will over time (which, in a way, makes it a gift that keeps on giving).

The entire set was awesome. In My Tree, Reign, RVM, and Crown of Thorns were personal highlights. I almost lost my shit when EV threw a shoutout to my "small town" (Norwood). the crowd was great, very energetic and fully aware of how special the set was. Although I expect nothing less from Boston fans (sports or music).

All-in-all this show was friggin epic and singlehandedly got me to join 10c. Hopefully I'll be in some sick seats with all of you next time around!

~Joe