Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,559
    mfc2006 said:
    Some of the City Connect jerseys are horrible...including the Rangers.
    Did you witness a good one?

there are some good ones. padres are easily the worst. boston's and colorado's suck too. not a fan of my Giants'.

and, of course, the d**gers suck because of who's wearing them.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,131
    Wobbie said:
    mfc2006 said:

there are some good ones. padres are easily the worst. boston's and colorado's suck too. not a fan of my Giants'.

So you've successfully outed some bad ones now howsabout naming the one(s) that you did like?
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,814
    Wobbie said:
    mfc2006 said:

T what? Pads ones are great. If anything they're the wrong team wearing them. They should easily be Miami or the Dodgers unis.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    mfc2006 said:

So you've successfully outed some bad ones now howsabout naming the one(s) that you did like?

atlanta, d-bags (hate the team), mariners, your angels, cincy, pirates.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,685
    I like the Padres
    Don't like the all solid blue ones
    Love Pirates, those are awesome 
    Atlanta is strong
    Don't like dbags
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,047
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    mfc2006 said:

atlanta, d-bags (hate the team), mariners, your angels, cincy, pirates.

Miami Marlins- pretty good
    Chi. White Sox- Love :heart:
    Washington Nationals- Pearl-Jam-Smileys
    Atlanta Braves- Pearl-Jam-Smileys
    San Diego Padres- not a fan, looks like something The Marlins should wear instead
    Colorado Rockies- I like the jerseys but they should change the pants from all dark green and add some white to them.
    Houston Astros- :neutral:
    Arizona Diamondbacks- Meh
    Baltimore Orioles- Meh (needs a little more color to it)
    Seattle Mariners- pretty good (nice throwback to the 70's)
    Los Angeles Angels- Not too bad
    Texas Rangers- WTF??? The font looks like a scientific formula to an equation or something
    Chicago Cubs- ok, I just don't the dark blue color on it.
    Kansas City Royals- almost an exact color copy of the Cubs, but seems to work for them.
    Pittsburgh Pirates- not a huge fan of this one
    Cincinnati Reds- Meh (too plain)
    San Fransisco Giants- Only thing I like about that one is that they added the Golden Gate Bridge on the sleeves
    LA Dodgers- Almost the same as their normal jerseys except for the Spanish lettering
    Boston Red Sox- Definitely the worst one

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    d-bags is only good compared to all the garbage they’ve worn through the years.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    Shocker...I like the Astros. Love the NASA font, but not a fan of the grid design on the sleeves.

Rockies, Braves & M's are probably my favorites. I think the Boston ones are supposed to represent the Marathon...I get it, but think they're hideous.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,277
    mfc2006 said:

think the Boston ones are supposed to represent the Marathon...I get it, but think they're hideous.
    Yes, they are the Boston Marathon colors. Ties in to 2013 and the aftermath of the bombing and Ortiz declaring "this is out fucking city" etc. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    This Shohei situation is a conundrum, for sure.

tempo…?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    This Shohei situation is a conundrum, for sure.

tempo…?
    Artie Moreno thinks he can resign him.  I think he can too.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,685
    edited July 2023
    As much as I would enjoy seeing Trout and Ohtani win a WS together,  as a baseball fan with eyes I've already seen what happens when you give the Halos the best player in the game.  They blow it.
    Heck, they've had Ohtani and Trout already and can't even finish above .500.

I think the Angels have to trade him unless they feel 99% they WILL resign him....not CAN sign him.

If they keep him and don't resign him, they are going to get a few draft picks.  This should be completely unacceptable to any and all Angels fans

If they trade him now as the best trade deadline rental of all time (by a long shot) they could get back transformational young talent.  I'm seeing 2-3 pitchers plus a hitter.  (Legitimate players, not future projects)

It stinks they they can't just lock him up now, but the guy is the best ballplayer of modern time...he deserves to be able to go to Seattle if that is where he wants to sign.  (Which, is my prediction, regardless of where he plays the rest of this season.)

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    As much as I would enjoy seeing Trout and Ohtani win a WS together,  as a baseball fan with eyes I've already seen what happens when you give the Halos the best player in the game.  They blow it.

I think the Angels have to trade him unless they feel 99% they WILL resign him....not CAN sign him.

If they keep him and don't resign him, they are going to get a few draft picks.  This should be completely unacceptable to any and all Angels fans

If they trade him now as the best trade deadline rental of all time (by a long shot) they could get back transformational young talent.  I'm seeing 2-3 pitchers plus a hitter.  (Legitimate players, not future projects)

It stinks they they can't just lock him up now, but the guy is the best ballplayer of modern time...he deserves to be able to go to Seattle if that is where he wants to sign.  (Which, is my prediction, regardless of where he plays the rest of this season.)

In defense of the Halos and having the 2 best players in baseball on the same team, they have had injuries one after another.

Pujols finally left and it opened up DH for Ohtani full time. It also took Pujols away from first base.
    Ohtani got hurt his second year and couldn't pitch.
    Rendon has been an absolute bust.
    Ohoppe gets hurt.
    Trout has been hurt the past 4 years.

The Angels drafted 22 pitchers 2 years ago to address their dreadful bullpen and starting rotation.

It's all stupid shit that keeps happening.

I will say this, I LOVE the addition of Moustakas and Moniak.  They are playing some good ball right now.

Before Trouts slump and injury the Halos were above 500 ball.  They can still make a run.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,277

Before Trouts slump and injury the Halos were above 500 ball.  They can still make a run.
    6 games out of the final wild card spot and would have to pass 4 teams to get there.
    They're toast.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I can appreciate your position as a fan of the team, Tempo.  I am fond of them, having gone to at least 10 games a year for 10+ years, some year many more than that.  (And less than 10 probably for 9 years.).  A lot of business write offs.  Even went to WS game 2 vs Giants.  

However....I still hold to what I typed.
  • Options
    I can appreciate your position as a fan of the team, Tempo.  I am fond of them, having gone to at least 10 games a year for 10+ years, some year many more than that.  (And less than 10 probably for 9 years.).  A lot of business write offs.  Even went to WS game 2 vs Giants.  

However....I still hold to what I typed.
    It sucks  because they stuck with him through the injury, watched him become the player that he is and now may leave.

The Halos are trying to do right by him and the team.  Moreno was not doing the right thing before.

I do hope that Ohtani stays.  The Angels are going to have some team in the next few years.  We have a kid, 17, Nelson Reda, doing good things.

You haven't said anything not plausible.  It may become a reality that they trade him.
  • Options
    Poncier said:

6 games out of the final wild card spot and would have to pass 4 teams to get there.
    They're toast.
    I watched the Angels collapse in 95.
    Watched the Giants, Tigers, Braves, Red Sox all shit the bed at the end of the year too.

The Angels can do it.  Let me believe!!!
  • Options
    Poncier said:

They're toast.
    Watched the Giants, Tigers, Braves, Red Sox all shit the bed at the end of the year too.

Hey, now! When did my Giants shit the bed? And don’t say 1993. That was the year the fucking padres traded McGriff to Atlanta and Atlanta went something like 52-21 over the second half. The Giants were still 20 games over in the second half but got passed. fucking padres. fucking braves.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:

They're toast.

Hey, now! When did my Giants shit the bed? And don’t say 1993. That was the year the fucking padres traded McGriff to Atlanta and Atlanta went something like 52-21 over the second half. The Giants were still 20 games over in the second half but got passed. fucking padres. fucking braves.
    I believe that was the reason for the playoff expansion and yes that was the year I was thinking of.

To be fair they didn't shit the bed but it was embarrassing.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:

They're toast.

I believe that was the reason for the playoff expansion and yes that was the year I was thinking of.

To be fair they didn't shit the bed but it was embarrassing.
    My bad…the Braves were 51-17 with McGriff. They finished with four against the Rockies who couldn’t even win one fucking game against them. Meanwhile, my Giants had four IN LA. Fuck the Braves, fuck the Padres, fuck the Rockies.

and fuck this rumored Legends HR Derby if they don’t invite Bonds. :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Leave Big Head Barry at home.  

Invite Sammy, though.
  • Options
    I doubt bleached out Sammy could get even one over the wall.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Ohtani 35 and a Halos win.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Invite Sammy, though.

I would invite Ryan Howard and Thome.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

Invite Sammy, though.

I would invite Ryan Howard and Thome.
    Yeah I was only saying Sammy to mess with Wob, he knows that.
    I'm all for having any of those guys.  I think some variation of old guy home run contest is fun

• Options
    Have I brought up how bad Trea Turner is playing this year?  My God he stinks.
  • Options

you have not, please elaborate :wink:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

you have not, please elaborate :wink:
    lol.

He's ranked like top 5 beginning of the year in terms of a fantasy player. Steals bases, pop on the bat, drives in runs, hit's for average.

He had a very good WBC then forgot how to hit.
  • Options
    Halos win again!

Ohtani leads the league in Triples too.
  • Options
    WTF, Boston?????? You’ve previously traded a-gon, carl crawford, david price, josh beckett, manny and mookie to the d**gers (did I miss anyone?). now, you’re sending keke hernandez back out there? are you their fucking farm team? fuck you. :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16