Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    Angels pushing the chips in.
    If they don't keep Ohtani,  this is going to really hurt.
    Interesting...
    Ohtani had a great doubleheader today - tossed a complete game shutout in game 1, and homered twice in game 2 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Angels pushing the chips in.
    If they don't keep Ohtani,  this is going to really hurt.
    Interesting...
    Ohtani had a great doubleheader today - tossed a complete game shutout in game 1, and homered twice in game 2 
    He is amazing,  I agree.
    (He also left with some sort of pain in his back after 2nd homer)
    If Angels get him to sign this works.  If they do not?  Gonna hurt.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    my god….Shohei :tired_face:

I really hope the Angels can keep him…..but never win squat.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,389
    Halos have been winning.  They have a TOUGH ending schedule.  I hope they believe in each other and continue to tear it up!
  • Options
    Man I wish yo could see the doozies I remembered, lol.

⚾️ Immaculate Grid 116 8/9:
    Rarity: 249
    🟩⬜️🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:
    @immaculategrid x @baseball_ref

I messed up the Cardinals GG.  I had a brain fart on the wrong former halo that played there...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    I think you must have picked mostly high % ones as your Rarity # is high for only 1 space open.  (Each open space counts at 100)
    You still beat my guesses by a space, good work!
  • Options
    I think you must have picked mostly high % ones as your Rarity # is high for only 1 space open.  (Each open space counts at 100)
    You still beat my guesses by a space, good work!
    Yeah I picked old timey Halos players for them, lol.
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Can someone explain the Cardinals-Cubs game yesterday?

Cubs player inadvertently (at least to my untrained eye) caught the Cardinals catcher in the facemask with the follow through on his swing. 
    Cards catcher gives the Cubs guy a a little bro-hug seemingly saying it's all good. The Cardinals pitcher then hits the next batter and got tossed. It seemed intentional that he hit him, which I don't understand but it was also a mild plunking and the announcers lost their minds that they threw him out.
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:

Cubs player inadvertently (at least to my untrained eye) caught the Cardinals catcher in the facemask with the follow through on his swing. 
    Cards catcher gives the Cubs guy a a little bro-hug seemingly saying it's all good. The Cardinals pitcher then hits the next batter and got tossed. It seemed intentional that he hit him, which I don't understand but it was also a mild plunking and the announcers lost their minds that they threw him out.
    Cards pitcher was protecting his battery mate, commendable.  Hit him in the but, not head hunting.

It's all stupid.  Umps didn't need to toss anyone.  Warnings should have been given if anything.
  • Options
    Shit.  I used 3 wrong guesses at Rockies pitcher,finally got on last one entered.
    Reds category was easiest so far, I need them to be included every time.

⚾️ Immaculate Grid 117 6/9:
    Rarity: 564
    ⬜️🟩🟩
    ⬜️🟩🟩
    ⬜️🟩🟩
    Play at:
  • Options
    Also, just occurred to me that Edwin Jackson should be my guess if I ever have no idea.  :lol:  
  • Options
    Wow I sucked at this one...
    ⚾️ Immaculate Grid 117 4/9:
    Rarity: 637
    ⬜️🟩🟩
    ⬜️🟩🟩
    ⬜️⬜️⬜️
    Play at:
  • Options
    Is this now a game thread? :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Wobbie said:
    Is this now a game thread? :angry:
    Try it out, Gramps.

(What is baseball?)
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,744
    Cheating score. I will definitely add Edwin Jackson to my, um, rotation.

⚾️ Immaculate Grid 117 9/9:
    Rarity: 207
    IMMACULATE!
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    Jumb0 said:

I thought it wasn't nessecary for  the Card pitcher to hit Haap(and he missed him with the first pitch. Haap did NOT Intentionally hit him on a back-swing. I think there was no doubt that the pitcher hit him on purpose. 

And like you said, he and Contreas gave each other a little Bro-hug. I think they played together on the Cubs?(and may be friends).

I had the Cub broadcast on and the one announcer said it was weak that he hit Haap. I agree. I then turned on the Cardinals broadcast and they were bitching about the umps throwing out the pitcher. Haap did take and just went to first base and never reacted. But, I guess the umps didn't want a potential for an escalation? 
  • Options
    Woot!  First time completing.  
    I actually used my "go to" guess to complete.

⚾️ Immaculate Grid 118 9/9:
    Rarity: 289
    IMMACULATE!
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227
    Scherzer going to Texas, pending financial details.  10c met haters rejoice!
  • Options
    I kind of hate the trade deadline. If Verlander goes to LA, I’m really gonna hate it!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227
    Wobbie said:
    I kind of hate the trade deadline. If Verlander goes to LA, I’m really gonna hate it!

Supposedly Kate wants to stay in NY.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Supposedly Kate wants to stay in NY.
    They aren't letting him go.
  • Options
    Ohtani keeps getting walks...  Everybody pitched to Judge but nobody wants to face Ohtani...
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,744
    edited July 2023
    I thought Rogers Hornsby would work for IG today, but no luck. Anyway, I stumbled on his 1922 season.

GP 154 - all of 'em. BA .401 / 42 homers / 152 RBI / Triple Crown Winner / 1.181 OPS / 65 walks - what were the other 7 National League teams thinking?!?

The Cubs all-time hits leader batted .455 one year. They are quite an old franchise.

⚾️ Immaculate Grid 120 9/9:
    Rarity: 84
    IMMACULATE!
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:
    Post edited by Johnny Abruzzo on
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Wow, nice.  I had the worst grid performance today that I've had.  Only got 4.
  • Options
    ⚾️ Immaculate Grid 120 8/9:
    Rarity: 238
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩⬜️🟩
    Play at:

I screwed up the Cubs 3K hits.  I put Waner and he played for Pittsburgh.  Whoops...
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,547
    Ohtani keeps getting walks...  Everybody pitched to Judge but nobody wants to face Ohtani...
    They walked Judge too. Also at least at the time the Yankees had other threats in the lineup 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    ⚾️ Immaculate Grid 120 9/9:
    Rarity: 148
    IMMACULATE!
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:

This had me racking my brain
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    They walked Judge too. Also at least at the time the Yankees had other threats in the lineup 
    Moniak is batting like 320 or something.  He's killing pitchers right now and bats behind Ohtani.  They are literally the only damage the Halos have right now until Trout and Ward come back.

Actually Trout may be back before him now.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

5K Rizzo is not a threat?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,547
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:

5K Rizzo is not a threat?
    Not this year
    I miss igotid88