Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    gonna be interesting to see who’s a seller at the trade deadline. quite a few underperforming teams.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,921
    Angles/Rockies game has got to be one of the most lopsided scores in recent history I would think, 25-1 :o
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Angles/Rockies game has got to be one of the most lopsided scores in recent history I would think, 25-1 :o
    the rockies are an extremely poorly run organization.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,418
    And then take one of their best players in the process 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    The Angels outscored the Rockies by 20 runs in the series & still lost the series. Ouch.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,039
    mfc2006 said:
    The Angels outscored the Rockies by 20 runs in the series & still lost the series. Ouch.
    Reminds me of the Yankees losing to Brooklyn one year.  They killed them in runs and still lost the series.
  • Options
    Ohtani 27 & 28!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    That guy is simply awesome.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Ohtani is on another level. 10k's & 2 HR's. Insane.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,418
    edited June 2023
    A lot of mediocre teams. Which I guess is good because everyone has a chance for the wild card. There are teams underperforming and teams overperforming
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    A lot of mediocre teams. Which I guess is good because everyone has a chance for the wild card. There are teams underperforming and teams overperforming
    Mets last year had 101 wins.  This year they absolutely stink.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    yeah there's only a handful of really good teams and really bad teams.

Also there should be an asterisk next to German's perfect game since it was against Oakland :tongue:

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,513
    igotid88 said:

Also there should be an asterisk next to German's perfect game since it was against Oakland :tongue:

As a long time fan of the A's, I can't really disagree too much. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,981
    I'm really happy with the Reds this year....didn't expect much improvement over last year.

Watched some highlights of other games last night. This whole deal with calling a strike when the timer runs out on the batter is interesting. That's going to fuck up stats or at least lead to some asterisks at some point.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    I'm really happy with the Reds this year....didn't expect much improvement over last year.

Watched some highlights of other games last night. This whole deal with calling a strike when the timer runs out on the batter is interesting. That's going to fuck up stats or at least lead to some asterisks at some point.
    Dude, your Reds since Elly came up have been on fire!

I believe Lodolo is still out but just think when he gets back?
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

Seemed like there were more Yankees fans at the game then A's. Not sure what the attendance was but there was a lot of cheering when the final out was recorded.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,981

I'm really happy. Last year was such a bummer. 

Votto's return was so kick ass. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

I saw a thing on Votto that he is having a blast playing again!
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

Seemed like there were more Yankees fans at the game then A's. Not sure what the attendance was but there was a lot of cheering when the final out was recorded.

The ownership group has destroyed what was left of any fan morale. Even my Aunt who attends multiple games a year even with everything that has been going on is keeping away from the Coliseum. She has had enough. 
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Ohtani is on another level. 10k's & 2 HR's. Insane.
    at first, I wanted Shohei to leave, because I hate the Angels (2002). now, I want him to stay because I hate the d**gers waaaaaaaay more.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635

Votto is one of my all time favorites but I think they'd be better with Encarnacion Strand getting a shot if Votto is gonna be streaky guy.  Perhaps they are waiting until they need another spark to try him up.  He's killing triple A like he killed in Spring Training.
  • Options

Votto is one of my all time favorites but I think they'd be better with Encarnacion Strand getting a shot if Votto is gonna be streaky guy.  Perhaps they are waiting until they need another spark to try him up.  He's killing triple A like he killed in Spring Training.
    Yes.  That is another encarnacion killing it in the minors.  There are a few w that name.  Very popular, lol.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

The ownership group has destroyed what was left of any fan morale. Even my Aunt who attends multiple games a year even with everything that has been going on is keeping away from the Coliseum. She has had enough. 
    Want to hear another great thing about the A's?

They still have to play there next year!
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

I heard they were gonna play in the AAA stadium in Vegas....

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:

wonder what's the capacity for that stadium?

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:

wonder what's the capacity for that stadium?

It's about 10k. We went to a game there last year. Cool little ballpark in Summerlin. We grabbed beers and went to our seats on the first base line, sat down and went back to the concourse. It was way too damn hot (120 or so that day & that's the actual temp. No idea what the heat index was). By the time we got back to the concourse, my beer was hot, not warm. If they play there, there won't be any day games, that's for sure.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Pirates and Redlegs both win on walkoff Homers

The dancing down the 3B line for the Pirates was fucking awesome.
    @Wobbie, you hated that. Right?  :lol:  
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:

That will be after next season. The lease runs through next year and the stadium isn’t supposed to open until 2028. There is also a pretty nice minor league field in Reno that they are looking at using. It would better in the summer, but early season and late season games would be subject to cold and snowy conditions. Maybe a mixed schedule where they play games in both cities. Las Vegas early in the season and then Reno during the summer, and then Vegas at the end of the season. Not optimal, but they have created this cluster and they are going to have to figure something out.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,790
    Imagine how much less it would cost to just remove that garbage area in centerfield of Oakland and not be the cock that Fisher is?
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:

That will be after next season. The lease runs through next year and the stadium isn’t supposed to open until 2028. There is also a pretty nice minor league field in Reno that they are looking at using. It would better in the summer, but early season and late season games would be subject to cold and snowy conditions. Maybe a mixed schedule where they play games in both cities. Las Vegas early in the season and then Reno during the summer, and then Vegas at the end of the season. Not optimal, but they have created this cluster and they are going to have to figure something out.
    I wonder what happens to the AAA stadium in Vegas after the A’s are done with it. I don’t think any city has both MLB and AAA teams. Doesn’t the AAA team always leave after an MLB team comes in? I had originally heard that the Vegas AAA stadium was built in a way that it could be “easily” expanded. I guess that’s not the case…

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16