Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,483
    Wobbie said:
    WTF, Boston?????? You’ve previously traded a-gon, carl crawford, david price, josh beckett, manny and mookie to the d**gers (did I miss anyone?). now, you’re sending keke hernandez back out there? are you their fucking farm team? fuck you. :angry:
    Most of them were overpaid shell of themselves 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,579
    mfc2006 said:
    The Angels outscored the Rockies by 20 runs in the series & still lost the series. Ouch.
    Reminds me of the Yankees losing to Brooklyn one year.  They killed them in runs and still lost the series.
    That was the Pirates in 1960. 

The Yankees always beat Brooklyn except for once. 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,813
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:
    WTF, Boston?????? You’ve previously traded a-gon, carl crawford, david price, josh beckett, manny and mookie to the d**gers (did I miss anyone?). now, you’re sending keke hernandez back out there? are you their fucking farm team? fuck you. :angry:
    Yeah I think the only player in there that was a WTF moment is Mookie. Still so dumb.
  • Options
    Anybody catching on to the Immaculate Grid? Good stuff!

⚾️ Immaculate Grid 115 9/9:
    Rarity: 146
    IMMACULATE!
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,684
    Dammit.  Some teams I don't recall enough about.  I would have crushed at this at age 13
    ⚾️ Immaculate Grid 115 6/9:
    Rarity: 386
    ⬜️🟩🟩
    ⬜️⬜️🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    It just makes me feel stupid.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    :lol: I'm doing the football one now and finding this much harder....er, I mean I'm definitely not spending my work day doing this right now.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,124
    ⚾️ Immaculate Grid 115 8/9:
    Rarity: 279
    🟩🟩🟩
    ⬜️🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:
    @immaculategrid x @baseball_ref

I screwed up my last guess.  Brain fart.

Going through the names at the end to see other results and Buddy Biancalana came up.  HOLY SHIT!  I haven't heard that name in years, loL!

Talk about memory lane.
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    The Angels outscored the Rockies by 20 runs in the series & still lost the series. Ouch.
    Reminds me of the Yankees losing to Brooklyn one year.  They killed them in runs and still lost the series.
    That was the Pirates in 1960. 

The Yankees always beat Brooklyn except for once. 
    Ahhh, TY.  I need to read on my pre 60's baseball again.  I have some great books.
  • Options
    :lol: I'm doing the football one now and finding this much harder....er, I mean I'm definitely not spending my work day doing this right now.
    The problem is it only lets me guess Healthcliff Slocumb once per day.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,684
    I laughed at this.  Been a while since I've heard that name

• Options
    I laughed at this.  Been a while since I've heard that name

It's wild seeing some of the names that come up in these!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,276
    edited July 2023
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Yeah I think the only player in there that was a WTF moment is Mookie. Still so dumb.
    Trading Betts wasn't dumb at the time because they let it get to a point that he was clearly going to leave in FA otherwise.
    What was dumb was twofold:
    1. Letting it get to that point. Should have locked him up a year or 2 prior for whatever his asking price.
    2. The return. Basically, got Alex Verdugo and a bucket of dirty baseballs. The supposed center piece of the deal Jeter Downs was DFA'ed and claimed by the Nats. Chaim Bloom is no master of the art of the deal.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Trading Betts wasn't dumb at the time because they let it get to a point that he was clearly going to leave in FA otherwise.
    1. Letting it get to that point. Should have locked him up a year or 2 prior for whatever his asking price.
    2. The return. Basically, got Alex Verdugo and a bucket of dirty baseballs. The supposed center piece of the deal Jeter Downs was DFA'ed and claimed by the Nats. Chaim Bloom is no master of the art of the deal.
    I mean I see as a Boston fan there's some mental gymnastics that has to happen here, but your points 1 & 2 are exactly my point. It should have never gotten to that point, Boston should have never taken the approach they did. Either pay him the premium - which they can more than comfortably afford to pay (this is the most confounding part of it) - or you shouldn't have waited till last minute to trade him and get cents on the dollar. At the end of the day he should be retiring a Red Sock. Not many times I go "that's a damn shame" for any team not named the Phillies, but this was one that definitely stood out for me.

Point point point point
  • Options
    Yeah the whole Boston Betts thing is still mind boggling.

• Options
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:
    I mean I see as a Boston fan there's some mental gymnastics that has to happen here, but your points 1 & 2 are exactly my point. It should have never gotten to that point, Boston should have never taken the approach they did. Either pay him the premium - which they can more than comfortably afford to pay (this is the most confounding part of it) - or you shouldn't have waited till last minute to trade him and get cents on the dollar. At the end of the day he should be retiring a Red Sock. Not many times I go "that's a damn shame" for any team not named the Phillies, but this was one that definitely stood out for me.

Point point point point
    Believe me I agree. Haven't hated a move by a local team as much as the Betts trade maybe ever. 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,548
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Adrian Gonzalez was pretty good for those cocksuckers in LA.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,490
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:

Point point point point
    Yeah, the trade at the time wasn't dumb. 

Betts also let it get to that point as , If my memory  is right, I saw interviewed during 1 Spring Training how he wanted to take his Contract year-to-year. He came across as not wanting to even listen to a long term deal.

Was Connor Wong also in the trade with LA?

Lou Merloni was the one who reported that the Sox offered Bets 10/300 MIL and they countered with something like $400 MILL.  Merloni was also the one who first reported when Betts got the deal he got from LA. Betts was there for about 5 minutes when he signed that deal with LA. That pretty much told me he wanted no part of Boston anymore. 
  • Options
    cutz said:
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    Wobbie said:

Point point point point

Was Connor Wong also in the trade with LA?

Yes, he was. I mentioned the bucket of dirty baseballs.
  • Options
    THE Connor Wong?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I enjoy Boston's city connect unis. I wish Philly did that color scheme first.
  • Options
  • Options
    Angels pushing the chips in.
    If they don't keep Ohtani,  this is going to really hurt.
    Interesting...
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    ⚾️ Immaculate Grid 116 6/9:
    Rarity: 375
    🟩⬜️🟩
    ⬜️⬜️🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:
    @immaculategrid x @baseball_ref

Should have done better
  • Options
    with plenty of cheating - still got the California teams mixed up

⚾️ Immaculate Grid 116 8/9:
    Rarity: 203
    🟩🟩🟩
    ⬜️🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,034

blue and yellow? Didn't the Eagles wear them for a few "throwback" games a couple years ago?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

blue and yellow? Didn't the Eagles wear them for a few "throwback" games a couple years ago?
    I mean, it has to crack you up for the "Red Sox" to wear those colors.

• Options
    A step better than yesterday. 
    Tough.
    ⚾️ Immaculate Grid 116 7/9:
    Rarity: 289
    ⬜️🟩🟩
    ⬜️🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:
  • Options
    Arte’s gotta re-sign him now!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    A step better than yesterday. 
    Tough.
    Rarity: 289
    ⬜️🟩🟩
    ⬜️🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:
    Yeah I found this one tough. The SD/LAA cross was too much for me. I think the Angels are one of the teams over my lifetime I've thought about the least.

Rarity: 256
    🟩⬜️🟩
    🟩⬜️🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:
    @immaculategrid x @bas@Baseballfan77

Yeah, the Birds wore them because - I belieeeeve - the original colors for the Eagles were based on the FDR New Deal Eagle (the blue) and the city's flag.

But again, I want this uni scheme because it's the colors of our city's flag. Which I believe is also Boston's city's flag color, buuuuut I don't know what that's rooted in. Ours is rooted in the Swedes being the first colonizers/settlers in the area, outside of course the Lenni Lenape and the dinosaurs.