Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,520
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    A lot of mediocre teams. Which I guess is good because everyone has a chance for the wild card. There are teams underperforming and teams overperforming
    yeah there's only a handful of really good teams and really bad teams.

Also there should be an asterisk next to German's perfect game since it was against Oakland :tongue:

As a long time fan of the A's, I can't really disagree too much. 
    Seemed like there were more Yankees fans at the game then A's. Not sure what the attendance was but there was a lot of cheering when the final out was recorded.

The ownership group has destroyed what was left of any fan morale. Even my Aunt who attends multiple games a year even with everything that has been going on is keeping away from the Coliseum. She has had enough. 
    Want to hear another great thing about the A's?

They still have to play there next year!

I heard they were gonna play in the AAA stadium in Vegas....
    That will be after next season. The lease runs through next year and the stadium isn’t supposed to open until 2028. There is also a pretty nice minor league field in Reno that they are looking at using. It would better in the summer, but early season and late season games would be subject to cold and snowy conditions. Maybe a mixed schedule where they play games in both cities. Las Vegas early in the season and then Reno during the summer, and then Vegas at the end of the season. Not optimal, but they have created this cluster and they are going to have to figure something out.
    I wonder what happens to the AAA stadium in Vegas after the A’s are done with it. I don’t think any city has both MLB and AAA teams. Doesn’t the AAA team always leave after an MLB team comes in? I had originally heard that the Vegas AAA stadium was built in a way that it could be “easily” expanded. I guess that’s not the case…
    I read somewhere that the Aviators will stay there. There are a few teams that have their AAA team in the same area as the MLB team. Atlanta and Seattle have theirs about 30 miles away, while the Twins AAA team is about 11 miles away. Las Vegas would be about 16 miles between the 2 stadiums. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    Went to the 4th 11am start of Reds vs. Nats.  Had great seats but watched a bunch from the shade.
    Holy hell, it was brutally hot.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,066
    Trout, hurt.
    Renton, Hurt.
    Rugfino, hurt.
    And four other starters.

My god this team is cursed… We don’t deserve Ohtani…
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    A lot of mediocre teams. Which I guess is good because everyone has a chance for the wild card. There are teams underperforming and teams overperforming
    yeah there's only a handful of really good teams and really bad teams.

Also there should be an asterisk next to German's perfect game since it was against Oakland :tongue:

As a long time fan of the A's, I can't really disagree too much. 
    Seemed like there were more Yankees fans at the game then A's. Not sure what the attendance was but there was a lot of cheering when the final out was recorded.

The ownership group has destroyed what was left of any fan morale. Even my Aunt who attends multiple games a year even with everything that has been going on is keeping away from the Coliseum. She has had enough. 
    Want to hear another great thing about the A's?

They still have to play there next year!

I heard they were gonna play in the AAA stadium in Vegas....
    That will be after next season. The lease runs through next year and the stadium isn’t supposed to open until 2028. There is also a pretty nice minor league field in Reno that they are looking at using. It would better in the summer, but early season and late season games would be subject to cold and snowy conditions. Maybe a mixed schedule where they play games in both cities. Las Vegas early in the season and then Reno during the summer, and then Vegas at the end of the season. Not optimal, but they have created this cluster and they are going to have to figure something out.
    I wonder what happens to the AAA stadium in Vegas after the A’s are done with it. I don’t think any city has both MLB and AAA teams. Doesn’t the AAA team always leave after an MLB team comes in? I had originally heard that the Vegas AAA stadium was built in a way that it could be “easily” expanded. I guess that’s not the case…
    I read somewhere that the Aviators will stay there. There are a few teams that have their AAA team in the same area as the MLB team. Atlanta and Seattle have theirs about 30 miles away, while the Twins AAA team is about 11 miles away. Las Vegas would be about 16 miles between the 2 stadiums. 
    Yup. The Aviators will stay there.

Trout, hurt.
    Renton, Hurt.
    Rugfino, hurt.
    And four other starters.

Absolutely brutal.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,507
    Trout, hurt.
    Renton, Hurt.
    Rugfino, hurt.
    And four other starters.

It seems that way.

just don’t trade Ohtani across town….you’re already the second banana in greater LA.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Trout, hurt.
    Renton, Hurt.
    Rugfino, hurt.
    And four other starters.

It seems that way.

just don’t trade Ohtani across town….you’re already the second banana in greater LA.
    They won't trade him and he is going to shock the world and stay in Anaheim.

Now, who wants a hit of this?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Went to the 4th 11am start of Reds vs. Nats.  Had great seats but watched a bunch from the shade.

I'm 2 hrs from there and haven't been to a game since... 2011, I think?! Need to go back and check out the area now that it's built up. Back then it was a lot of empty lots and abandoned buildings.
    I'm headed to Cinci first weekend of August for my first game at GABP.  Can hardly wait!  Coincidentally they play the Nats.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652

I'm 2 hrs from there and haven't been to a game since... 2011, I think?! Need to go back and check out the area now that it's built up. Back then it was a lot of empty lots and abandoned buildings.
    I'm headed to Cinci first weekend of August for my first game at GABP.  Can hardly wait!  Coincidentally they play the Nats.
    GABP is a fun spot.  People in Cincy are nice.

I like the Nats stadium but it is sorta plain.  No complaints....just sorta plain.
    The area around is totally different than when I first saw a game here in 13 or 14, whenever it was.  

Have fun in Cincy, they are lots of fun to watch this year.
  • Options
    I heard that none of the seven highest payroll teams are leading their divisions. Love it!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,804
    It's insane to me that Oakland is getting completely hosed, yet a dipshit franchise like the Rays just keep meandering through existence.
  • Options
    It's insane to me that Oakland is getting completely hosed, yet a dipshit franchise like the Rays just keep meandering through existence.
    Both Oakland and the Rays have great farm systems.  The problem with the A's is they don't want to pay anybody.  The Rays will dish out at least a little bit of cash.
  • Options
    I’d rather attend a game in the crumbling Oakland coliseum than sit in Tampa’s awful dome.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,804
    Wobbie said:
    I’d rather attend a game in the crumbling Oakland coliseum than sit in Tampa’s awful dome.

That's what I'm saying. The location, the fan base, the market, definitely do not deserve it in Oakland.

In their history there's never been such thing as a St. Pete Rays fan base. They exist for no other reason than to be a back pocket negotiation tool for the league. They're the type of organization that makes the idea of a salary cap without a salary floor unconscionable.

Oakland's issue is absolutely ownership and being treated like an unwanted stepchild. It's gross.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986

been there....I have finally learned to plan my ticket location based on time of day. A 7pm game I can take but afternoon in the sun can be brutal as hell.

plus your beer gets warm
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    edited July 2023

it's a great area...the bars close to GABP fill up quick but Yard House and Moerlein's can hold a lot of people. 

And Tin Roof has some of the greatest nashville hot chicken tenders I've ever had
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Elly just stole 2nd, then 3rd and home on the next pitch.  (Yes, 2 bases on one pitch....the pitcher didn't pay attention.)
    This kid is awesome.
  • Options
    Elly just stole 2nd, then 3rd and home on the next pitch.  (Yes, 2 bases on one pitch....the pitcher didn't pay attention.)
    This kid is awesome.

cliffy is already imagining Elly in pinstripes.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,148
    igotid88 said:
    Mets last year had 101 wins.  This year they absolutely stink.
    Was hoping they turned the corned but after six in a row, they head to the break with two losses.

Amazing how one injury to their most important player cascaded a domino effect on the bullpen. One injury can decimate a bullpen.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Mets last year had 101 wins.  This year they absolutely stink.
    Was hoping they turned the corned but after six in a row, they head to the break with two losses.

Amazing how one injury to their most important player cascaded a domino effect on the bullpen. One injury can decimate a bullpen.
    The Mets still have a chance if they can make more runs like that.  Scherzer was off.  If he gets back to normal they'll do better I hope.
  • Options
    The Mayor reported to be the Yankees New hitting coach.  This is long past due. Case is an encyclopedia on hitting and one of the most inspiring people going.  Yanks are gonna love this.  Just having him in the dugout makes them better.
  • Options
    The Mayor reported to be the Yankees New hitting coach.  This is long past due. Case is an encyclopedia on hitting and one of the most inspiring people going.  Yanks are gonna love this.  Just having him in the dugout makes them better.
    no mattingly?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    no mattingly?
    Ha.  Even Mattingly fans should love Case.  Everyone loves Case.
  • Options
    Sean Casey could play.  It will be interesting to see how he does.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,252
    The Mayor reported to be the Yankees New hitting coach. 

Mandatory BP at 4 seasons landscaping.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Poncier said:
    The Mayor reported to be the Yankees New hitting coach. 

Mandatory BP at 4 seasons landscaping.
    Haha.  Four Seasons jokes will never stop amusing me.

Sean Casey could play.  It will be interesting to see how he does.
    He is a hitting nerd, as well.  Not only a super guy, and super motivating....he studied hitting like a freak since high school, made himself into the top hitter in NCAA (ave) after only being offered a partial scholarship by one school.   Guy is 🔥
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,435
    If it gets Pearl Jam to play Yankee Stadium 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I forgot.  I saw him side stage at Cincy 2014, we were sitting just above.  Dude freaked for much of the show - true fan.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,954
    Home Run hitting contest tonight. One of the more exciting all star game activities in all of sports.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Hope Berman is not doing it.  Waiting for him to go back, back, back, back into retirement 
  • Options
    Home Run hitting contest tonight. One of the more exciting all star game activities in all of sports.
    but it drags on forever. just turned it off. hope the fat kid doesn’t win.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16