MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,698
    Were the commentators cursing during the hr derby? The sound kept cutting in and out
    g under p said:

For a team as young as the Marlins they're not playing that badly with 47 wins. I might drive down and see a game there's always plenty of room to sit just about anywhere in that stadium.

Btw why are the NL Allstars squad playing in road uniforms?

Peace

2nd best record in franchise history at the break since 1997.
    I miss igotid88
    How dare they put David Ortiz in the same sentence as Manning and Kobe?
    I miss igotid88
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,169
    igotid88 said:

In what context was DO placed in the same sentence?

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Re Jerseys, Last year all star game was in Cincinnati and NL was home team. Even though in San Diego it's AL's turn to be home team.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    g under p said:

igotid88 said:

In what context was DO placed in the same sentence?

Peace

They were just mentioning that they're retiring this year.
    I miss igotid88

Re Jerseys, Last year all star game was in Cincinnati and NL was home team. Even though in San Diego it's AL's turn to be home team.

Oh this the first time I'm somewhat watching an all star game in like 10 years. Mainly due this one being David Ortiz's last one. Thank you btw.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,742
    Wobbie said:

oh great.....media whore jose fernandez (see: his act during HR Derby) says he will groove three fastballs to fellow media whore Big Sloppi. of course, hernandez' shitty marlins team is unlikely to need home field advantage in the WS. if I'm terry collins, hernandez does not get the chance :angry:

Well, Fernandez was talking shit because he didn't groove 3 fastballs to Ortiz. Threw some change ups and a breaking ball.
  • I wish MLB would force DBacks to get rid of those horrific uniforms.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I wish MLB would start contracting horrific run franchises like the DBags.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    I wish MLB would automatically put Pete Rose and Barry Bonds in the Hall of Fame.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Those fluorescent shoes were blinding me last night.
    I agree, those Dbacks uniforms are hideous.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,855

I wish MLB would force DBacks to get rid of those horrific uniforms.

they've had about 100 unis in their sorry existence and they've all sucked.

NL was fucked in last night's game.....besides starting a .235 avg SS and a very average 2B, the last four innings consisted of reserves coming in to face filthy AL relievers. I knew "we" were screwd when one inning's batting order was red-phillie-red.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

I wish MLB would force DBacks to get rid of those horrific uniforms.

they've had about 100 unis in their sorry existence and they've all sucked.

NL was fucked in last night's game.....besides starting a .235 avg SS and a very average 2B, the last four innings consisted of reserves coming in to face filthy AL relievers. I knew "we" were screwd when one inning's batting order was red-phillie-red.
    A great defensive SS and a 2B who is top 10 in OBP. Nevermind the SP who served up 2 bombs in the 2nd. :wink:
    collins should have taken him out after one.

Giants pitchers have a long history of failure in the ASG. I wish they got elected but never pitched.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

collins should have taken him out after one.

Giants pitchers have a long history of failure in the ASG. I wish they got elected but never pitched.

I was pissed when I saw Collins left him in.

Lawsuit coming tomorrow saying MLB is full of corruption. Lawyer who represented dude from Mets who got lifetime ban is the one pushing the suit.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    The past few days without Os baseball have been brutal. I can't wait for tomorrow!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • The ASG always has guys that didn't deserve to start voted in by the fans. No reason to be butt sore about it Wob. :)

And, the Red/Phillie/Red lineup guys:
    Adam Duvall: 23 HR, 61 RBI
    Odubel Herrera: .294, 10 HR, 33 RBI, 44 BB as a leadoff hitter
    Jay Bruce: 18 HR 63 RBI

I think it would be safe to say all 3 of those guys would start in the Giants OF and you would be thrilled to have them. I just looked at the starting OF for the Giants' stats this year and it speaks volumes to how great the rest of the team is that those three losers start for you guys.

The ASG always has guys that didn't deserve to start voted in by the fans. No reason to be butt sore about it Wob. :)

And, the Red/Phillie/Red lineup guys:
    Adam Duvall: 23 HR, 61 RBI
    Odubel Herrera: .294, 10 HR, 33 RBI, 44 BB as a leadoff hitter
    Jay Bruce: 18 HR 63 RBI

I think it would be safe to say all 3 of those guys would start in the Giants OF and you would be thrilled to have them. I just looked at the starting OF for the Giants' stats this year and it speaks volumes to how great the rest of the team is that those three losers start for you guys.

Duvall is not really what Giants like. They would love the homers and RBI's but not the strikeouts and shitty defense. I just wish they had gotten more for him when they sent him packing.

Giants OF has been riddled by injuries with the biggest being Pence. Most days they were starting 2 guys never intended to play on the big league club just yet. Pence was his normal all star self when he got hurt and was the biggest loss. He will be back soon thank god. In fact in the next few weeks Giants get close to full strength again. Panik should be back Friday, Duffy is almost ready as well. Bochy probably will not win manager of the year but if there was any year he deserved it this would be the one. When I saw the Giants a couple weeks ago they only had 3 of their normal starters playing due to injuries.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Cueto was awful.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    I'm not sure if I posted this question. Are AAA stadiums like the Durham Bulls stadium? I saw a game there, and I was very impressed. It's a pretty stadium.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    Ms. Haiku said:

I'm not sure if I posted this question. Are AAA stadiums like the Durham Bulls stadium? I saw a game there, and I was very impressed. It's a pretty stadium.

There were times I couldn't go to Camden Yards to see the Sox play I would go see the Bowie Bay Sox of the minor leagues. My daughter and I had the best times there. Even though she was only 8 she would battle with bigger boys for foul balls. She never got one she would just get pushed out of the way. Well I got a rocket fouled off to me and caught it in my left hand, then I gave it to her. She was so happy I told her after the game try and get an autograph, she was able to get a couple.

Peace

Cueto was awful.

so were zobrist and mr. .235.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Anyone watch the Doc & Darryl 30 for 30 last night? I missed it.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,119
    Ms. Haiku said:

I would guess that most AAA stadiums are comparable with each other. I think most of the AAA stadiums have been built within the last 20 years or so, so they should be fairly well kept.
  • I set the DVR, went to GnR last night. Look forward to watching!

Finally games are back. I hate all star week.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

Finally games are back. I hate all star week.

Me too.
    Yay, the Orioles won! Yippee!
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,742

Yeah, and Dwight Gooden is not looking well.