MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited June 2016

Yordano Ventura is such a piece of shit. Too bad Machado couldn't get a few more punches in on that scumbag.

Machado is a pretty big piece of shit himself. Hard to root for either guy in that situation.
    What Machado have you been watching? Manny is freakin awesome!
    Yeah real awesome when he intentionally threw his bat at another player a couple years back. Lots of talent, no class. There's also this gem from the same series, when he got tagged too hard...

Even the ump laughed at him.
    You mean the one where he let go of the bat during his swing and it went flying down the third base line? He was suspended for that, but that's hardly the same thing as taking a bat and throwing it directly at a player.

This jackass Ventura already threw at Manny in his prior at-bat yesterday, then hit him in the 5th. "One just got away." Yeah, more than one Yordo. Remember when he hit Machado & Davis in the same game last fall? As Indiff stated, he is always throwing at guys. F him. He got what he deserved.

That bat toss was 100% intentional which is exactly the same thing as throwing it at someone. If I just "let go" of my beer in someone's direction, it's the same as me dumping it on purpose. There was a bad intention, that's why he was suspended.

As for that fall game, he hit Davis in the foot with a curveball and it's debatable if he hit Machado on purpose. Let's keep it real. Yesterday was definitely on purpose. I'm not defending Ventura, they are both losers.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Yordano Ventura is such a piece of shit. Too bad Machado couldn't get a few more punches in on that scumbag.

Machado is a pretty big piece of shit himself. Hard to root for either guy in that situation.
    He's nothing compared to Ventura. This jerkoff is always throwing at guys. Hilarious that he's claiming that the pitch got away from him.
    Sure, just like when Machado said the bat just got away from him. Both are headcases.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,912
    Ventura's gotta say it "got away with him" so as to not make his suspension worse. But he sure is one gigantic vagina.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Ventura probably doesn't get suspended which is dumb. Kid from Texas that threw at Bautista didn't. Baseball set a precedent this season for only the batter who charged the mound getting suspended.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

Ventura probably doesn't get suspended which is dumb. Kid from Texas that threw at Bautista didn't. Baseball set a precedent this season for only the batter who charged the mound getting suspended.

I think he should and will get suspended. People like him are the reason there should be no DH. He hardly ever has to step in the box himself.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,912
    edited June 2016
    Nevermind - different situation.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    2 great fights this year
    I agree he should be suspended. Baseball deemed Bush intentionally threw at Bautista and didn't get one. Even if they give Ventura a suspension it would get reduced on appeal to barely no games at all or none. Manfred should have given Bush 1 or 2 games to not set that precedent. You can't say one player gets no games when you clearly said he threw at the batter intentionally and drop the ball on the next guy, I like Manfred so far but he mishandled that Texas/Toronto brawl.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I like how the Royals catcher made a half-ass attempt to stop Machado
    edited June 2016
    Jason P said:

I like how the Royals catcher made a half-ass attempt to stop Machado

Lol. His own team probably hates him too. It wouldn't have been hard to stop Manny, he was limping right out of the box.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,851

Ventura's gotta say it "got away with him" so as to not make his suspension worse. But he sure is one gigantic vagina.

He is a piece of shit....trade him to the NL and let pitchers throw at him. can't stand that little prick.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 48,328
    edited June 2016
    Wobbie said:

He is a piece of shit....trade him to the NL and let pitchers throw at him. can't stand that little prick.
    The National League...where real baseball is played.
    www.myspace.com
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,427

Wobbie said:

The National League...where real baseball is played.
    Indeed! Where pitchers bat and hitters play defense.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,710
    Ventura suspended 9 games, Machado, four!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

Ventura suspended 9 games, Machado, four!

Yeah, but that is really just a one game suspension on a five man rotation.
    I will be surprised if venturas suspension is kept above 5 after appeal.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,851
    do all 4 cubs infielders derserve to be all star starters? without looking at stats, I'm gonna say no.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited June 2016
    Wobbie said:

do all 4 cubs infielders derserve to be all star starters? without looking at stats, I'm gonna say no.

Maybe you should look at the stats, then. They may not all deserve to start, but they're all All-Stars. I'd start Goldschmidt, Zobrist, Story, Arenado.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 48,328
    Wobbie said:

HOT TAKE THURSDAY!
    www.myspace.com
    edited June 2016
    More importantly, MLB needs to stop the whole ASG-deciding-World-Series-home-advantage charade. Dumbest fucking rule in the history of major North American sports.
    MLB needs to stop letting fans have the only say on starters. This is dumb that a few fan bases stuff the ballot boxes like this. It is becoming worse than the NBA all star starters. Let fan vote count for 50% and let managers or players vote and be worth the other 50%.

1st Goldschmidt
    2nd Murphy (Higher Avg, Homers and RBI over Zobrist)
    SS - Crawford (why, because defense still matters and should be included)
    3rd - Arenado (if he didnt play for a shit team could be MVP)
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    David Wright has to be finished, right? Pretty serious surgery anytime they go into the neck.
    Mets still owe him 67 million after this season. I think he is done also and that will end up being dead money for them.

Is Jose Reyes done or is someone going to try and pick him up? I still can't believe the Rockies of all teams are going to eat that 40+ million. I figured they would do a deal like the DBags did where they give up a good prospect to get a big market club to take him and his salary. Still could happen I guess since he is still on the holding period since being designated.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

Mets still owe him 67 million after this season. I think he is done also and that will end up being dead money for them.

Is Jose Reyes done or is someone going to try and pick him up? I still can't believe the Rockies of all teams are going to eat that 40+ million. I figured they would do a deal like the DBags did where they give up a good prospect to get a big market club to take him and his salary. Still could happen I guess since he is still on the holding period since being designated.

You are also still paying Bonilla for 19 more yrs!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Wobbie said:

Rizzo and bryant are 2 of the best hitters in baseball. Come on. Stop hating.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    edited June 2016

MLB needs to stop letting fans have the only say on starters. This is dumb that a few fan bases stuff the ballot boxes like this. It is becoming worse than the NBA all star starters. Let fan vote count for 50% and let managers or players vote and be worth the other 50%.

1st Goldschmidt

Rizzo is not only a better hitter than goldie right now, he's a vacuum defensively. Ride the pine goldie.

Crawford? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

1st Goldschmidt

Rizzo is not only a better hitter than goldie right now, he's a vacuum defensively. Ride the pine goldie.

You are why people hate Cubs fans, so congrats. Goldie just won the gold glove for 1st baseman, not Rizzo. Crawford just won the gold glove and silver slugger for ss. Arenado has been the best hitter in baseball this season.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    edited June 2016

1st Goldschmidt

You are why people hate Cubs fans, so congrats. Goldie just won the gold glove for 1st baseman, not Rizzo. Crawford just won the gold glove and silver slugger for ss. Arenado has been the best hitter in baseball this season.
    Arenado has been a good hitter this year. Not the best. And rizzo is a better hitter than goldie. Crawford is embarassing.

Betts> arenado
    Cano>arenado
    Altuve>arenado
    Need I continue?
    Post edited by Degeneratefk on

1st Goldschmidt

The first two things you mentioned happened in 2015 and have nothing to do with this year. I agree with Arenado.
    I didn't realize people hated Cubs fan so much? God forbid we enjoy a little bit of recent success, have some hope, and love to talk about it. It's not often we have much to gloat about!

I read that Wright's contract is insured for about 75% or something like that. So they won't be hurting too bad.