MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    cutz said:

imalive said:

cutz said:

imalive said:

pretty crazy that these last four steroid cases are the SAME stuff.....the stuff BEN JOHNSON took 30 years ago.

I guess they thought the shit was so OLD that they don't test for it anymore>LOL!

And are the last 4 pitchers?

PEDs are here to stay.

hell, Sloppi's still on 'em!
    Who's Sloppi? If he was on them i think he would've been caught by now, don't you?

Sloppi, Papi.

Tomato, tomahto.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    Anyone else hear MMJ being played at Camden Yards throughout the Orioles/Yanks game last night? Pretty sure I heard Holding On to Black Metal about 5 times. Pretty cool
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,725
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • ^^^
    That is embarrassing for the dbacks. I guess they can make their own rules but that is fucked up.
    At least they don't beat the shit out of them or scream at them the entire game like what happens at many stadiums.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited April 2015
    they should contract that fucking team.
    Post edited by Wobbie on

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ While I do not agree with that policy it is a non issue here in AZ. The team has already stated many times it is printed on those specific tickets that you may wear neutral clothing or home team clothing only. This actually happens a couple of times a year and they give the people D-Bag stuff to wear if they have nothing else to change into. While I don't agree they are very upfront about the policy and that it only is for that one section.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • cdysinge said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ While I do not agree with that policy it is a non issue here in AZ. The team has already stated many times it is printed on those specific tickets that you may wear neutral clothing or home team clothing only. This actually happens a couple of times a year and they give the people D-Bag stuff to wear if they have nothing else to change into. While I don't agree they are very upfront about the policy and that it only is for that one section.

Not questioning their right to do it, just the idea of it. I guess that is why they have the cheapest game experience going on...need to do a lot to get their own fans to go to the game and perhaps there is a legitimate concern that the televised games look like away games if their fans dont claim the field/front tickets. StubHub gives us all access to seats like these in any stadium but they are typically purchased by home fans more often than not, making a policy like this not needed.
    Perhaps they should build a pool in the outfield?
    :blush:
  • Giants, Cubs and Dodger games in AZ are home games for those teams. We tend to outnumber Dbag fans 2 to 1. Its the curse of being in an area that is mostly transplants. Coyote vs Blackhawk games are the worst for the local team.

Non baseball but related: Of course this is why we have the worst drivers in the US. You mix Cali drivers (like me) with Mid West drivers and a crap load of older winter bird types. Its hell this time of year. I was taught traffic on the highway goes faster as you move left and you find the lane with the speed you want to go and get in it. No passing on the right. Not out here. The midwest assholes do 60 in the left lanes making it a mess of passing on both sides. Mickey and Speedy would be happy out here as we have no trucking laws. Semis ride in the HOV lanes if they have 2 people further pissing off the Cali drivers where they are normally restricted to the 2 right lanes.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    cdysinge said:

Non baseball but related: Of course this is why we have the worst drivers in the US. You mix Cali drivers (like me) with Mid West drivers and a crap load of older winter bird types. Its hell this time of year. I was taught traffic on the highway goes faster as you move left and you find the lane with the speed you want to go and get in it. No passing on the right. Not out here. The midwest assholes do 60 in the left lanes making it a mess of passing on both sides. Mickey and Speedy would be happy out here as we have no trucking laws. Semis ride in the HOV lanes if they have 2 people further pissing off the Cali drivers where they are normally restricted to the 2 right lanes.

ugh. dc is the same thing with such a high amount of transplants living in that area.
    www.myspace.com
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    imalive said:

Then again, it makes sense for national league fans to enjoy watching inferior ability

Lol. Could you imagine if David Ortiz actually had to play in the field? Not being able to actually play defense is the reason why you don't see DHs in the Hall of fame.
    David Ortiz is a clown.

Just trolling but I don't understand why anyone enjoys watching pitchers bat
    bartolo colon got his first RBI in a decade today :lol:

This is a disgrace to the game.

I'd love to see a NL star not named Harvey or de Gromm go down with an injury cause of an AB. Hell maybe Bumgardner can be the one since he plays for the giants. Cause we all know all it takes is a precious giants player to be hurt for mlb to institute a lousy rule.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

imalive said:

Then again, it makes sense for national league fans to enjoy watching inferior ability

Lol. Could you imagine if David Ortiz actually had to play in the field? Not being able to actually play defense is the reason why you don't see DHs in the Hall of fame.
    David Ortiz is a clown.

Just trolling but I don't understand why anyone enjoys watching pitchers bat
    bartolo colon got his first RBI in a decade today :lol:

This is a disgrace to the game.

I'd love to see a NL star not named Harvey or de Gromm go down with an injury cause of an AB. Hell maybe Bumgardner can be the one since he plays for the giants. Cause we all know all it takes is a precious giants player to be hurt for mlb to institute a lousy rule.
    You are a bitter, bitter man.

You are aware 1) Buster Posey is "the face of MLB" and 2) your boy played for my boys?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Here is what happens when your team (Reds) would be 4 games better and off to great start if the bullpen wasn't a giant piece of shit. OR, if someone on your team not named Votto would hit. Good stuff from the manager Bryan Price to one of the Enquirer's beat reporters C Trent Rosecrans after they were swept in STL:

A excerpt from a transcript of the interview:

Bryan Price (BP): Can I ask you a question?

C. Trent Rosecrans (CTR): Sure

BP: I don't understand what the importance is for everybody to know if we have a player that's not here. We don't benefit from the other teams knowing we don't have a player. It does — you don't have to be a Reds fan, but it doesn't help us if our opponents know who is here and who isn't. That's what I want to know

CTR: Well, as a fan, I'm wondering, here's a spot for Devin Mesoraco, why isn't he there?

BP: Where was the spot?

CTR: As a pinch-hitter? He's an All-Star with 25 home runs last year, I know I asked if it was a left-handed bat thing, you said no.

BP: I don't get it. It's, you know, look, I don't need you guys to be fans of the Reds, I just need to know if there's something we want to keep here, it stays here. We don't need to know that Tucker Barnhart's in the f****** airport when we haven't spoken to Kyle Skipworth. I think we owe that f******* kid the right to be called and told that he's going to be sent down as opposed to reading that Tucker Barnhart is on his way from Louisville. I just... I don't get it. I don't get why it's got to be this way. Has it always been this way where we just tell f****** everybody everything? So every f****** opponent we have has to know exactly what we have. Which f****** relievers are available, which guys are here and which guys aren't here, when they can play, and what they can do. It's nobody's f****** business. It's certainly not the opponent's business. We have to deal with this f****** b*******.

I like to talk — and I have spoken as candidly as I can with you people, if that's not good enough, I won't say a f******thing. I'll go, 'yes sir, no sir.' And I can do that. But f***, I've been as candid as I can f****** be about this team and our players, and we've got to deal with this s***, every f****** team that we f****** play has to know every f****** guy that's here and what they can and can't do? F*** me. It's a f****** disgrace. I'm f****** sick of this s***. It's f****** hard enough to f****** win here to have f****** every f****** opponent know exactly what the f*** we bring to the table every day. It's f****** horse****. I don't like it. It's what I'm saying. To make it very clear, I don't like the way that this s***'s going — at all. I don't like it. I don't think you guys need to know everything. And I certainly don't think you need to see something and tweet it out there and make it a f****** world event. How the f*** do we benefit from them knowing we don't have Devin Mesoraco? How do we benefit from that? They benefit from it. I just want to know how we benefit from these f****** people know we don't have a player here. Can you answer that? How is that good for the Reds?

CTR: I don't know…

BP: Yeah, well it's making my job f****** harder.

CTR: I'm sure it is.

BP: Well, thank you. I don't know if that's what we're supposed to do. Are we supposed to f****** open up everything here for everybody to know all the f****** time? That's all I want to know, what your expectations are, because f*** me. If I've got f****** to tell these guys, we gotta go out there and they know we don't have f****** Devin Mesoraco, what f****** benefit is that to me as a manager? And our team to win a f****** game?

CTR: He hasn't been there for a week-and-a-half

BP: I just want an answer on how we benefit from them knowing that Devin Mesoraco isn't here.

CTR: I don't think you do and I don't know that that's my job.

BP: Your job is not to sniff out every f****** thing is about the Reds and f****** put it out there for every other f****** guy to hear. It's not your job. You want me to be candid with you? I've been candid with you. I f****** talk to you guys like men, I tell you what the f***'s going on with the team, I tell you how I'm feeling as candidly as I can and then this s***? You've got to watch this f****** s***? I've got to f****** read that on a f****** Tweet on our own people in here that we don't have a f****** player? How the f*** does that benefit the Reds? It doesn't benefit us one f****** bit. God **** we try to go out there and win f****** games and I got to come in here and then you guys f****** blow it all over the f****** place? Who we can play? Who we can't? I'll tell you what you want to know, I'm not going to f****** lie to you. I didn't tell you f****** s***.

CTR: You did not lie to me and I appreciate it.

BP: Ah, f***. I'm just, I'm f****** p****** up a rope in this f****** business. Because everyone has to know everything all the f****** time. That's not my f****** obligation, it's not their obligation. You know why f****** Billy Hamilton didn't f****** play? The other day? Because his f****** finger's hurt and he couldn't hit right-handed comfortably. Right? So that's something that I need to know and no one else needs to know. No one else needs to f****** know it, and all of a sudden it's out there. His f****** fingers are sore. It doesn't benefit us. It wasn't from you, but it doesn't benefit us one bit to f****** announce to the f****** other teams that we're playing to bring in lefties when they need to f****** get Billy out. There's no benefit. So, I'm f******, to be honest with you, I'm f****** sick of this s***. I'm sick of listening to this f****** s***, I'm sick of f****** the f****** second-guessing b*******, you guys can do whatever the f*** you want, but I'll tell you this — I'm not going to f****** tell you everything about this f****** club, because you f****** guys are going to out there and sniff it out anyway. I don't f****** like it one f****** bit. I bend over backwards to be honest and direct with you f****** guys and you stick it right up my f****** a** — and the f****** team's a**. And I'm sick of it. What do you got? If you don't got anything, get out and I'll do this f****** interview with Marty. You don't have anything? Just get out, please.
  • Ouch...........espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12730589/fan-taken-stretcher-foul-ball-pnc-park-pittsburgh

Gots to pay attention at baseball games.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,821
    Great rant from Price. Apparently that reporter Rosecrans is a complete dope...
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Anyone else hear MMJ being played at Camden Yards throughout the Orioles/Yanks game last night? Pretty sure I heard Holding On to Black Metal about 5 times. Pretty cool

They started that two years ago. Play that song all the time because of all the whoa, whoa, whoa, whoas (O, O, O, O, O'ssssss).

Pretty corny premise, but I do love hearing the song at the games
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    cdysinge said:

Pennsylvania has the worst drivers of any state. They don't understand the keep right, pass left concept and almost every road in the state is a two lane (each direction) highway. It's infuriating...it should be legal to ram anyone with PA tags. The further west in the state you go (which is like going back in time with each mile passed), the worse things get.
  • ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Not to derail the thread but I bet you get to deal with the Amish Buggies. When I was in Wisconsin we would run into that issue in certain parts of the state.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    77 F bombs! Swearing is known to be good for you.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

77 F bombs! Swearing is known to be good for you.

Fuck yes!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,725
    I didn't realize Ichiro signed with the Marlins in the offseason image (or i totally forgot he did)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

I didn't realize Ichiro signed with the Marlins in the offseason image (or i totally forgot he did)

playing for the marlins is pretty much like going into the witness protection program.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,747
    imalive said:

playing for the marlins is pretty much like going into the witness protection program.
    LOL>But true.

I just think he wants to play for as long as it takes him to reach 3,000 hits.

imalive said:

1 last year of cashing checks before retiring to the golf course.....I would do the same thing.
    Chris Rock on why black people don't like baseball anymore:

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/04/22/chris-rock-baseball-black-players-fans-hbo-video

I've said this before but I think this is a huge problem with the sport that rarely gets talked about. And I didn't realize there was not one black player on either of the two World Series teams...
    www.myspace.com

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/04/22/chris-rock-baseball-black-players-fans-hbo-video

I've said this before but I think this is a huge problem with the sport that rarely gets talked about. And I didn't realize there was not one black player on either of the two World Series teams...

So what's his point? Baseball isn't black enough??? I really don't get it.

he is kind of all of the place....but i think it is a bit worrisome that only 8% players are african americans when it used to be 20% 20 some years ago. that is a huge drop.....little league participation is down by 20%....world series ratings are half what they used to be (and the games are not even halfway over before most kids have to go to sleep)....and the average age of people watching on tv is 54 or so.

black people--but young people as a whole are not interested in this game like they used to be. in another 15, 20 years--what's this sport going to look like?

www.myspace.com
    ya know....the way they went after newly vindicated barry bonds didn't help matters.

15 to 20 years from now? less african americans, slightly less american whites, more latinos, more asians.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I blame soccer.

he is kind of all of the place....but i think it is a bit worrisome that only 8% players are african americans when it used to be 20% 20 some years ago. that is a huge drop.....little league participation is down by 20%....world series ratings are half what they used to be (and the games are not even halfway over before most kids have to go to sleep)....and the average age of people watching on tv is 54 or so.

black people--but young people as a whole are not interested in this game like they used to be. in another 15, 20 years--what's this sport going to look like?

Yep. He's all over the place big time. Like you said, I think the more worrisome part is that baseball viewership is down as a whole and the average age of baseball viewers is high. Young people just don't seem to care about baseball.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    So basically it comes down to the fact that steroids are good for sports