Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834
    imalive wrote:
    baseballyankeefans.gif

typical Yankees fans....guy with hat on sideways, 2 fat guys, etc. :lol:

Also worth noting the guy on the far left who is basically telling his kid in the green jacket to "laugh at those bros over there"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Newch91 wrote:
    baseballyankeefans.gif
    :lol: That must be Cliffy. ;)

:lol:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    imalive wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    baseballyankeefans.gif

which one? :shock: :lol:
    :lol: The one with the jersey and ball in hand.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Congrats to Jamie Moyer.
    Make me feel young.
    Great story.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834
    Newch91 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    baseballyankeefans.gif

:lol: The one with the jersey and ball in hand.

And the best is the fat guy behind him. Shouldn't he be happy the Yankees hit a homerun? Instead he's like "Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck....." I guess he's taunting the Texas outfielder or something. Great .gif all around.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Votto is about to get a $200 mil extension, it sounds like.
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    The Reds are likely making a very smart move by signing Votto to a long-term extension. I'm not so sure about their decision-making wiht Chapman, though. It seemed like they were finally going to let him stretch out and become a starter and had him working all Spring as though that was the case. Now, they've decided to keep him in the bullpen. It doesn't even sound as though they're going to make him their closer--Sean Marshall seems to have that job at the moment. The reasoning behind the move is just beyond dumb in my opinion. It's not that Chapman hasn't shown that he can start (18K and 2 BB in 17 IP this Spring seems to indicate his control has improved), it's that they don't think the other lefty in the bullpen (Bill Bray) is good enough to be their late-inning lefty (2011 stats: 2.98 ERA, 8.2 K/9, held lefties to a .180 BA and righties to .226). I'm sure it makes Bray happy to hear Baker's assessment of his abilities as the reason why their best starter this Spring has to move to the bullpen. So spend $30 million on a guy you say is going to be a starter and keep sending him to the bullpen to pitch the 7th and 8th innings even when he shows that he's ready to become a starter. Are those 50 relief innings really more important than the 150ish innings he'd give them as a starter this year?
    Giants signed Matt Cain to a 5-year $112.5 million extension with a vesting option for a 6th year.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i guess the dodgers sale really made some gm's scared :lol:
    I have to correct myself from my Chapman post. Apparently, Bray isn't ready because he had an injury earlier in camp and Baker's comment wasn't because he didn't think Bray was good enough to fill the role. Still, I hate to see young arms get yanked back and forth like this. Having seen what happened with Chamberlain in NY it makes me wary when I see a starter turned into a reliever temporarily, told to get ready to be a starter the next season, and then tossed back into the bullpen at the last minute--and then they still expect to turn him into a starter at some point (not sure if it's later this year or next year). If he's not starting until next year then the team will have used half his contract having him pitch out of the bullpen and will only get 3 years of him as a starter for their $30 milion investment.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I have to correct myself from my Chapman post. Apparently, Bray isn't ready because he had an injury earlier in camp and Baker's comment wasn't because he didn't think Bray was good enough to fill the role. Still, I hate to see young arms get yanked back and forth like this. Having seen what happened with Chamberlain in NY it makes me wary when I see a starter turned into a reliever temporarily, told to get ready to be a starter the next season, and then tossed back into the bullpen at the last minute--and then they still expect to turn him into a starter at some point (not sure if it's later this year or next year). If he's not starting until next year then the team will have used half his contract having him pitch out of the bullpen and will only get 3 years of him as a starter for their $30 milion investment.

If reds are going to be in playoffs as expected, they may be maximizing their return on chapman for this year by having him in the pen. If he was a starter he'd probably be on an innings cap (though maybe not with dusty 'the pitcher killer' baker running things), which could eliminate him from pitching in the postseason. Out of the pen they can still use him 1-2 innings at a time and he could really be a weapon out of the pen come playoff time.

the bigger question is why are the reds keeping bronson arroyo if they are hoping to make the playoffs?

I like this reds team a lot. I think they are going to represent the NL in the WS this year
    God damn, reds. One good extension today and one god awful one.
    Votto basically has a 12 year and $251 million contract. Unreal.
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Roughly 20.92 a season. MILLION. a season.

crazy.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm really not sure the Reds should be throwing around this kind of money. Hope it works out for them.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Granted I'm a casual baseball fan, but I had never heard of Votto before. Make of that what you will.
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm really not sure the Reds should be throwing around this kind of money. Hope it works out for them.

It seems like they're hoping that having a star like Votto signed long-term will help them get a better TV deal when their current deal runs out. If they really think he's going to continue to stay healthy and produce at an MVP-type level then they ay have been smart to lock him up now instead of waiting to see what he'd get on the open market in a couple years. Barring an injury or sudden drop in performance, his price was likely going to wind up even higher after the 2013 season. The length of the deal is probably a couple of years longer than they wanted to go, but the Pujols and Fielder deals set the market for All-Star 1B.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Jason P wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Granted I'm a casual baseball fan, but I had never heard of Votto before. Make of that what you will.
    Votto is legit (former/almost MVP?), but hahahahahahahahahaha. I'm glad the Reds learned their lesson with Griffey Jr. :lol: . There's a reason why the Rays and Brewers have been able to be competitive the past 5-8 years, and it has something to do with not locking players up to huge contracts well after they will be useful. Sure it means some less competitive years here and there, but then you repeat. Locking up big name guys for a long time are things that Yankees do (and see what ARod, Tex, Jetes are gonna give them for the next 5-7 years).
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    Jason P wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I make of that that you're a VERY casual fan :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Didnt want to start a new thread, but this is odd news in the baseball world:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/man- ... rly-040412
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,666
    I have been playing the shit out of Strat-O-Matic baseball lately.

Excited for the Indians season. I really think there is a chance they take the Central. I am back in Buffalo so I am in their viewing area now. Sports Time Ohio FTW!!!
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    I have been playing the shit out of Strat-O-Matic baseball lately.

Excited for the Indians season. I really think there is a chance they take the Central. I am back in Buffalo so I am in their viewing area now. Sports Time Ohio FTW!!!

I love Strat. I actually worked there the last two winters.

Not that I know anything, but here are my predictions for this year

AL East: Yankees, Rays, Blue Jays, Red Sox Orioles.
    AL Central: Tigers, Indians, White Sox Royals, Twins.
    AL West: Angels, Rangers, Mariners, Athletics.
    NL East: Phillies, Marlins, Braves, Nationals, Mets.
    NL Central: Cardinals, Brewers, Reds, Pirates, Cubs, Astros.
    NL West: Giants, Diamondbacks, Dodgers, Rockies, Padres.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Not that I know anything, but here are my predictions for this year

AL East: Yankees, Rays, Blue Jays, Red Sox Orioles.
    AL Central: Tigers, Indians, White Sox Royals, Twins.
    AL West: Angels, Rangers, Mariners, Athletics.
    NL East: Phillies, Marlins, Braves, Nationals, Mets.
    NL Central: Cardinals, Brewers, Reds, Pirates, Cubs, Astros.
    NL West: Giants, Diamondbacks, Dodgers, Rockies, Padres.

Those actually look pretty good.
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-l ... 35728.html

Looks like the Orioles are in midseason form they lost to a community college last night
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,666
    edited April 2012
    Ill give my predictions:
    This season is very exciting.

AL East
    Yankees
    Red Sox (W)
    Tampa Bay
    Toronto
    Baltimore

AL Central
    Kansas City
    Detroit
    Cleveland
    Minnesota
    White Sox

AL West
    Texas
    Seattle (W2)
    Oakland
    Angels (I have a feeling wheels come off)

NL East
    Phillies
    Nationals
    Braves
    Mets
    Marlins

NL Central
    Reds
    Cardinals (W2)
    Pirates
    Cubs
    Brewers
    Astros

NL West
    Giants
    Diamondbacks (WC)
    Rockies
    Dodgers
    Padres

Red Sox over Seattle

Yankees Beat KC
    Red Sox Beat Texas

Red Sox beat Yankees

Diamond Backs beat Cardinals

Giants beat Reds
    Phillies beat Diamond Backs

Phillies beat Giants

Phillies beat Red Sox
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
    Phils
    Reds
    Dbags
    Braves
    Giants

Yanks
    Tigers
    Rangers
    Angels
    Rays

Rangers over Reds in the WS
    The Fixer wrote:
    Phils
    Reds
    Dbags
    Braves
    Giants

Yanks
    Tigers
    Rangers
    Angels
    Rays

I agree with your AL, but I'm taking the Angels over the Rangers this year. That staff is legit and I think Darvish will be really good but I hate the rest of their staff. I'm going to say the Marlins are going to suprise this year and make the playoffs, but I am sure I'll end up being wrong on that.

I'm a toss up between the Angels and Yankees for the AL but going to take the Yankees and say they win it all. Just being a homer on that one.

Also, this probably won't happen but I think Boston's pitching will implode and Bobby V doesn't make it through the season. Hoping for this at least.
  • http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/baltimore-orioles-drop-exhibition-game-community-college-164735728.html

Looks like the Orioles are in midseason form they lost to a community college last night

i read that too funny thing is they played most of their regulars and even had one of their projected starters pitch, granted they only lost 2-1 but funny nonetheless.
    "I want to Rock & Roll all night, and part of everyday"
    Sept.11/05 Kitchener, Ontario
    May 10/10 Buffalo, New York
    Sept.11 & Sept 12/2011, Toronto, Ontario
    Sept. 15/11 Hamilton, Ontario
    Oct. 12/13 Buffalo, New York
    Oct 16/14 Detroit, Michigan
    May 10/16 Toronto, Ontario
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Phils
    Reds
    Dbags
    Braves
    Giants

Yanks
    Tigers
    Rangers
    Angels
    Rays

I agree with your AL, but I'm taking the Angels over the Rangers this year. That staff is legit and I think Darvish will be really good but I hate the rest of their staff. I'm going to say the Marlins are going to suprise this year and make the playoffs, but I am sure I'll end up being wrong on that.

I'm a toss up between the Angels and Yankees for the AL but going to take the Yankees and say they win it all. Just being a homer on that one.

Also, this probably won't happen but I think Boston's pitching will implode and Bobby V doesn't make it through the season. Hoping for this at least.

I hear you on the rangers rotation, but I feel the same way about the angel lineup. Other than kendrick and pujols I think their lineup stinks (morales can hit but he's a question mark coming off that nasty injury). That should be a great race and I think both are playoff teams.

Josh Johnson, Reyes, Hanley, logan morrison, stanton...none of them can stay healthy. Marlins have a ton of talent, but I don't see them being healthy enough to get into playoffs.

That would be great. Valentine fits in perfectly in Boston. Dbag manager for a team full of dbags