MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,860
    Just saw this tweet from Jon Heyman: "The wang injury makes it tougher for lannan to move" nats gm mike rizzo said.

Jeez, the poor guy probably didn't want such personal information made public. :)

fixed ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:

Dod*ers blow :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Dod*ers blow :mrgreen:

:lol:

given our lineup we need to do all we can to win...including blowing balls ;):lol:
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    The Mets' owners have reached a settlement with the trustee in the Madoff case. They're going to pay $162 million.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Mets' owners have reached a settlement with the trustee in the Madoff case. They're going to pay $162 million.

I am loving every second of this mets garbage

what's the o/u on games wright plays this year? I'll go with 75. And take the under
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I would actually think this is a good thing for the Mets. The number is much less than what they could have been forced to pay and they have closure and can move on.
    CJ WIlson is a jerkoff.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I would actually think this is a good thing for the Mets. The number is much less than what they could have been forced to pay and they have closure and can move on.

I'm surprised the trustee agreed to a deal. The judge in the case ruled that the burden of proof was on the Mets to prove that they weren't willfully blind rather than placing the burden on the trustee to prove that they were, which I found a little odd. I guess both sides decided they'd rather hedge their bets a little and take what they could get now rather than take a chance with a trial. I'd assume that the Wilpons agreed to the figure because they think it's low enought that they should still be able to afford the team. Good news for them, probably not such great news for Mets fans.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    CJ WIlson is a jerkoff.

don't know what prompted this.....but I agree :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    CJ WIlson is a jerkoff.

don't know what prompted this.....but I agree :mrgreen:

Napoli said something about looking forward to hitting home runs off Wilson so Wilson tweeted Napolis phone number to 100,000+ people. Real jackass move.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm surprised the trustee agreed to a deal. The judge in the case ruled that the burden of proof was on the Mets to prove that they weren't willfully blind rather than placing the burden on the trustee to prove that they were, which I found a little odd. I guess both sides decided they'd rather hedge their bets a little and take what they could get now rather than take a chance with a trial. I'd assume that the Wilpons agreed to the figure because they think it's low enought that they should still be able to afford the team. Good news for them, probably not such great news for Mets fans.

I hear you, I haven't followed this closely enough, but I think this definitely means they are able to keep the team. Who knows how much money they'll be able to put back into it, but they still own it. So yeah, agreed. Like I said though, closure is good news, I think.
    Some more details on the Mets

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/ ... uch-money/

Sounds like good news for them.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Some more details on the Mets

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/ ... uch-money/

Sounds like good news for them.

I saw that but I'm not really sure how that'll work out for them. I was under the impression that the Wilpons made money from the Madoff scheme and those profits were the basis for the amount Picard was seeking to collect. If that's the case, how can they also collect money as "victims" of the scheme?
    Miguel Cabrera had to leave today's game after taking a ground ball off the face at 3rd. He needs stitches and is going for x-rays. I guess they should've stuck him at DH this year, huh?
    Miguel Cabrera had to leave today's game after taking a ground ball off the face at 3rd. He needs stitches and is going for x-rays. I guess they should've stuck him at DH this year, huh?

You see the video? It was a rocket. Could have probably played the bounce to not hit him in the face but it was hit really hard
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You see the video? It was a rocket. Could have probably played the bounce to not hit him in the face but it was hit really hard

I haven't seen the video. My company's IT Dept blocks video. I just read the report and know he was bleeding pretty badly. I'm sure the Tigers are praying pretty hard right now that the x-rays come back negative. That would be a huge blow to their season if he has to miss a substantial amount of time.

I haven't seen the video. My company's IT Dept blocks video.

you're at work? :shock:

i'm shocked......shocked! :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

I haven't seen the video. My company's IT Dept blocks video.

you're at work? :shock:

i'm shocked......shocked! :lol:

Not only that, I've spent more time on this board today than I have doing anything work-related. :D I think I'm going on 4 hours since I had anything to do. And that's why I know the Vlad Guerrero is going to try to get a job in Japan if no Major League teams are interested by the time the regular season starts and Mike Napoli doesn't think CJ Wilson's prank was a prank at all.

Not only that, I've spent more time on this board today than I have doing anything work-related.

:thumbup: :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Lance Berkman isn't happy with Bud Selig, saying that Selig extorted the Astros and Jim Crane by holding up approval of Crane's purchase of the team until he agreed to move to the AL.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/77147 ... os-al-move
    Looks like a second Tommy John surgery for Soria. Horrible.

the other M. Cabrera is tearing the cover off the ball for my Giants :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I just saw a report on MLB Trade Rumors and ESPN that Chipper Jones is retiring after this season. The team will hold a press conference at 11:30 this morning.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Looks like a second Tommy John surgery for Soria. Horrible.

yeah ... i just dumped him from my keepers list ... :evil:
    I just saw a report on MLB Trade Rumors and ESPN that Chipper Jones is retiring after this season. The team will hold a press conference at 11:30 this morning.

A good player who I've hated for years. Later, Larry.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    It seems like Matt Bush is determined to be the 3rd #1 overall pick to never reach the majors. He's been arrested for DUI, driving with a suspended or revoked license, property damage, and fleeing the scene of an accident with an injury. He drove his SUV over a 72-year old motorcyclist. His tire literally ran over the guy's head. A witness said, "Without the helmet, the gentleman would have been dead instantly." Bush's blood alcohol level was .180. I wouldn't be shocked if the Rays decided to scrap their plans to send him to AAA and just release him instead. 3 years ago he beat up a high school freshman and now he ran over a 72-year old. If you have a baby, keep it away from him because I'm thinking that's next on his checklist.
    If you have a baby, keep it away from him because I'm thinking that's next on his checklist.

:lol::lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Moyer didn't allow a hit and didn't walk a batter while striking out four. The 49-year-old left-hander is now sporting a spectacular 1.00 ERA and 0.44 WHIP through nine innings this spring as he aims to complete his comeback from Tommy John surgery and land a spot in the Rockies' season-opening starting rotation.
    polaris_x wrote:
    Moyer didn't allow a hit and didn't walk a batter while striking out four. The 49-year-old left-hander is now sporting a spectacular 1.00 ERA and 0.44 WHIP through nine innings this spring as he aims to complete his comeback from Tommy John surgery and land a spot in the Rockies' season-opening starting rotation.

I'd be stunned if he doesn't make their rotation. If he doesn't make the team, I'm sure he'll wind up on another team somewhere. There are plenty of rebuilding teams who could use a veteran to mentor their young pitchers--especially if that veteran also happens to be decent on the mound at 49.