MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    Speaking of security, the Dodgers are going to have undercover police officers wearing their opponents' jerseys at every home game this year. There will also be uniformed officers, but having cops posing as fans in the other team's gear is an interesting way to try to discourage idiots from harassing or attacking opposing fans.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    La Luna!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    LMFAO at the Miami Marlins
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    If the season ended today, it'd be Tigers and Muts with home field
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    Speaking of security, the Dodgers are going to have undercover police officers wearing their opponents' jerseys at every home game this year. There will also be uniformed officers, but having cops posing as fans in the other team's gear is an interesting way to try to discourage idiots from harassing or attacking opposing fans.

sign me up! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    79 ejections at the do*gers home opener.....against the Pirates :shock:

stay classy, LA

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    imalive wrote:

stay classy, LA
    I guess fans are now arriving on time and staying for the whole game :P
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

imalive wrote:

stay classy, LA

I guess fans are now arriving on time and staying for the whole game :P

unless they get thrown put.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Not sure how the Reds signings are going to work out, but good for them.

Sounds like Greinke is going to hit the market this winter.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Greinke might as well just sign with the Brewers now and get it over with. No big-market team is going to touch him so he doesn't have the leverage other guys have of being able to make other teams think they are bidding against the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Angels, etc.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Greinke might as well just sign with the Brewers now and get it over with. No big-market team is going to touch him so he doesn't have the leverage other guys have of being able to make other teams think they are bidding against the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Angels, etc.

I don't know. I think that whole thing is way overblown. You don't think Boston will be interested? Dodgers? I think there are a few big market teams that will put up a bunch of money.
    Hellickson got drilled in the dome while throwing BP. Sounds like he didn't get knocked out. Going to the hospital though.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I don't know. I think that whole thing is way overblown. You don't think Boston will be interested? Dodgers? I think there are a few big market teams that will put up a bunch of money.

He had a no-trade clause with KC and he told them he wouldn't waive it to go to any big markets. Teams might be interested in his talent, but his psyche and ability/willingness to deal with the press in NY, LA, Boston, etc. are going to be big question marks for any big-market team thinking about chasing him. Even if he's changed his mind about signing with one of those teams he still hurt himself by saying he didn't want to play for any of them last winter. I kind of hope he signs with Boston, though, just so we can watch him crack under the pressure and combine with Lackey to give them Burnett-like performances in the 4th and 5th spots in their rotation next year.

He had a no-trade clause with KC and he told them he wouldn't waive it to go to any big markets. Teams might be interested in his talent, but his psyche and ability/willingness to deal with the press in NY, LA, Boston, etc. are going to be big question marks for any big-market team thinking about chasing him. Even if he's changed his mind about signing with one of those teams he still hurt himself by saying he didn't want to play for any of them last winter. I kind of hope he signs with Boston, though, just so we can watch him crack under the pressure and combine with Lackey to give them Burnett-like performances in the 4th and 5th spots in their rotation next year.

But isn't that not true? Greinke met with Cashman personally to try and talk him into trading for him. So much bullshit goes around about this guy, it's unreal. I like Greinke a lot, I don't like him for $100 mil, but I'd love him on the Yankees staff. I don't buy that other stuff.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

But isn't that not true? Greinke met with Cashman personally to try and talk him into trading for him. So much bullshit goes around about this guy, it's unreal. I like Greinke a lot, I don't like him for $100 mil, but I'd love him on the Yankees staff. I don't buy that other stuff.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumo ... trade-list

The Brewers were on his list, too, but only because he didn't think they had a chance to win.
    Not succumbing to sub-par offers and keeping Fielder in the fold for his last season before free agency, as well as trading top prospect Brett Lawrie to Toronto for right-hander Shaun Marcum, intrigued Greinke enough that he waived his no-trade clause with Milwaukee.

"I think I made that decision to put them on the list too quickly; I didn't think about it long," Greinke said during a phone interview Monday before a morning news conference at Miller Park. "I knew Prince only had one year left on his contract and I wasn't sure what direction they were going to go in with him. But once they signed Marcum and didn't trade Prince, I knew they were in it."
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/112192574.html

You're correct about the meeting with Cashman, but it seems like that was more due to his desperation to get out of KC rather than a real desire to play in NY.
    Though he knew he wanted out of Kansas City, which has a promising future but looks like it will have a brutal present, Greinke wasn’t sure where he wanted to be. He told friends he didn’t think he could play in Boston or New York. But when he and Yankees general manager Brian Cashman met clandestinely in Orlando (Greinke’s hometown) at an off-site location during the winter meetings, Greinke’s desperation not to endure yet another losing season in Kansas City was such that he is said to have tried to convince Cashman that he wanted to come to New York. And that he could actually thrive in New York.

However, people who were briefed on that meeting said Cashman ultimately decided that Greinke’s first thought about New York was probably correct — that it wasn’t the best spot for him. Greinke told people the day he accepted his Cy Young Award in New York City that he didn’t think he could ever live in New York, and kept telling friends the same. But as the days dwindled this winter, he made his surprise plea to Cashman to make him a Yankee.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... index.html
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The hard toll your life takes when playing for the Orioles ...

sadandino.jpg

:lol:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Jason P wrote:

sadandino.jpg

:lol: I couldn't stop laughing at that last night during the game.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Looks like pitchers are starting to settle down after rough first starts. Both Yovani and James Shields pitched MUCH better this time around.

Curious to see how Lincecum does tonight. I keep waiting for him to have an off season due to his size and the toll on his body over the years. He keeps proving me wrong though. Really is a freak!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
    why is it that manny has no ABs yet this year? :?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:

isn't he suspended?
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

isn't he suspended?

oh, yeah.....I forgot. duh :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834
    Newch91 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

sadandino.jpg

:lol: I couldn't stop laughing at that last night during the game.

There will probably be a noose in the 2013 photo.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    GiantsRockiesClusterfuck.gif

hi rob :wave:
    norm wrote:

Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Johnny Damon is supposedly going to sign with the Indians. The deal might include a no-trade clause and a clause allowing Damon to opt out after Grady Sizemore returns from the DL.
    norm wrote:

I shouldn't give you the satisfaction, but I will.....

:evil: (where's the bird flipping smilie?)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    :lol::lol: :wave:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

I shouldn't give you the satisfaction, but I will.....

:evil: (where's the bird flipping smilie?)

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=187127&start=15#p4353380
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Berkman doesn't expect to play this week due to a calf injury he suffered while legging out a triple the other day. He didn't rule out a trip to the DL if the injury doesn't improve quickly enough. I checked his stats expecting to see that this was his 1st triple in several years, but he's actually had at least 1 every year except 2006 and had 2 last year.