MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I do love how this is being referred to as Magic Johnsons group rather than the Guggenheim group.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I do love how this is being referred to as Magic Johnsons group rather than the Guggenheim group.

maybe this will be the Dodgers new theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNmdVM38Zvs
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i thought maybe i was hallucinating last night but it's true...mccourt is gone and magic is in! what a great day! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

but don't feel bad for the asshole...he's walking away with a billion dollars :roll: :roll:

I miss frank already :shifty:
    raspberry.gif
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    as for mccourt...he bought the dodgers for $430 million, none of it his own money, bankrupted the organization and will walk away with, after taxes, half a billion dollars...talk about failing up :roll: oh, and he is a minority owner of the parking lots so we'll never truly be rid of him :x
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    norm wrote:
    as for mccourt...he bought the dodgers for $430 million, none of it his own money, bankrupted the organization and will walk away with, after taxes, half a billion dollars...talk about failing up :roll: oh, and he is a minority owner of the parking lots so we'll never truly be rid of him :x

Get ready for $50 parking at Dodger games and 1 security guard on a Segway to patrol the whole lot.
    norm wrote:

Get ready for $50 parking at Dodger games and 1 security guard on a Segway to patrol the whole lot.

that's what we have now...fortunately, frank's interest in the land will be what is developed...he will have no involvement in any dodger management
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yeah, i saw that :lol:

i just wonder if she's huddled with her lawyers trying to figure out a way to get more $$ from frank :lol:
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834
    This is pretty funny. A minor-leaguer got to third base in the Cardinals/Mets spring-training game...but he didn't have his name on the back of his jersey nor was his number listed on the roster. Hilarity ensues as the announcers try to identify him and then settle on "Minor League Guy" as his name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI9pllCxVNI

minorleagueguy.png
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i just wonder if she's huddled with her lawyers trying to figure out a way to get more $$ from frank :lol:

Aren't they splitting the profit from the sale of the team? I know they had originally agreed that he got the team but I thought a judge overruled that agreement and mad ethem split it.
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Aren't they splitting the profit from the sale of the team? I know they had originally agreed that he got the team but I thought a judge overruled that agreement and mad ethem split it.

nope...she agreed to a $131 million buyout to settle the divorce which allowed the sale
    Yikes! If I was her lawyer I would be in hiding right now.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    It's official, Forbes has declared Frank McCourt the most financially successful sports owner of all time.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dodgers-frank-mccourt-leaves-baseball-151117037.html

I'm guessing the price of the Dodger Dog is going up next season.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Omar Vizquel is going to make Toronto's Opening Day roster. Travis Snider, on the other hand, was sent to AAA.
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Omar Vizquel is going to make Toronto's Opening Day roster. Travis Snider, on the other hand, was sent to AAA.
    They don't want Snider to sit on the bench and they need a backup infielder, seems like a smart move to me.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    They don't want Snider to sit on the bench and they need a backup infielder, seems like a smart move to me.

vizquel's gotta be pushing 60
    www.myspace.com
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118

vizquel's gotta be pushing 60
    Yeah, so Mike McCoy should've got the bench job. He pitched a perfect inning last year, so you could also use him in relief.
    I get why Vizquel made the team and why Snider didn't, it's just odd that a 44-year old infielder is on the team and Snider's stock has fallen to the point where they had to send him down to AAA because they don't want to trade him while his value is this low and get what they consider an unfair return for him. Vizquel can teach their younger players a lot about the game and still be an adequate backup. Plus, he seems to really jsut love the game. I'm 99% sure it was him who said he doesn't understand why guys like Pudge Rodriguez and Vlad Guererro were refusing to accept minor league contracts because if they love the game as much as they say they do they should want to keep playing and earn a job rather than sit at home and wait for a contract that's never going to come.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    I get why Vizquel made the team and why Snider didn't, it's just odd that a 44-year old infielder is on the team and Snider's stock has fallen to the point where they had to send him down to AAA because they don't want to trade him while his value is this low and get what they consider an unfair return for him. Vizquel can teach their younger players a lot about the game and still be an adequate backup. Plus, he seems to really jsut love the game. I'm 99% sure it was him who said he doesn't understand why guys like Pudge Rodriguez and Vlad Guererro were refusing to accept minor league contracts because if they love the game as much as they say they do they should want to keep playing and earn a job rather than sit at home and wait for a contract that's never going to come.

this team is young ... vizquel is the kind of veteran presence this team needs ... snider - for all his talent still strikes out a lot and is just gonna need more seasoning ... and he won't get that in a utility role or platoon kind of situation ...
    It's a rough week to play for your dad's old organization. First, the Yankees released Preston Mattingly. Now the Rangers went and released Ruben Sierra's kid (also named Ruben Sierra). Prince Fielder better watch his back or he'll be next.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

I know it won't happen, but phils should trade dom brown for snider. amaro is the worst
    The Astros released Livan Hernandez. On one hand, it's a bad sign when the Astros release you. On the other hand, at least he won't have to play for the Astros.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    The Astros released Livan Hernandez. On one hand, it's a bad sign when the Astros release you. On the other hand, at least he won't have to play for the Astros.
    :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Talk about failing up: I figured Livan Hernandez was done after the Astros cut him. It turns out that he may be signing with the Braves. He went from failing to make the rotation of a sure-fire last-place team to signing with a Wild Card contender. It must be his lucky day. He damn well better not buy a Mega-Millions ticket or I'll be so pissed.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Talk about failing up: I figured Livan Hernandez was done after the Astros cut him. It turns out that he may be signing with the Braves. He went from failing to make the rotation of a sure-fire last-place team to signing with a Wild Card contender. It must be his lucky day. He damn well better not buy a Mega-Millions ticket or I'll be so pissed.

I was gonna guess STL
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834
    baseballyankeefans.gif
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,860
    baseballyankeefans.gif

typical Yankees fans....guy with hat on sideways, 2 fat guys, etc. :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    baseballyankeefans.gif
    :lol: That must be Cliffy. ;)
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful