MLB 2024 Post-Season

Comments

• imalive wrote:
    grudgingly, I say more power to the phils. when you sell every fucking game of your season at 103.5% of capacity :shock: , you deserve a winner. their fans are apparently not only willing to buy every over priced seat, they're willing to STAND while they drink their $8 ($10?) beers. Meanwhile, you have the Reds making their first playoff push in 15 years and they sell 60% of their tickets. same with the padres. fuck 'em. support your team; line your owner's wallet and maybe they'll get you some players.

look at the top of this list. ALL competitive (except for the cubs :lol: )

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance/_/sort/homePct

No way Phils can trade for or sign all these pitchers without that kind of support.

We're probably only above the Red Sox because there are many more SRO tixx.

Craft beers were $7.25 last year; cheaper than BMC Lite in most stadiums.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    imalive wrote:
    grudgingly, I say more power to the phils. when you sell every fucking game of your season at 103.5% of capacity :shock: , you deserve a winner. their fans are apparently not only willing to buy every over priced seat, they're willing to STAND while they drink their $8 ($10?) beers. Meanwhile, you have the Reds making their first playoff push in 15 years and they sell 60% of their tickets. same with the padres. fuck 'em. support your team; line your owner's wallet and maybe they'll get you some players.

and teams like the giants can't sell out playoff games :D
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928

how many ounces? :? sounds like a ballpark bargain. :D
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    The Fixer wrote:
    imalive wrote:

I don't know where the fuck you heard that :? :evil:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    imalive wrote:

At least 16 ounces. High & Inside Pub is where it's at - 20 ouncers for the same price. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say beers will be at least 7.75 next year. At least.
  • imalive wrote:

16 oz. I've seen 20 or 24 oz beers, but it kind of gets warm at the end anyway, so better to just get a new one after 16 methinks. Craft beers include Victory Prima Pils, Yards Phila. Pale Ale, etc. Can't wait!

Oh yeah, all those sellouts came in what was often 95+ degree weather. Hottest summer I can ever remember. And for those not from the Northeast, it doesn't cool down any at night either.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:
    imalive wrote:

just looked it up...the giants were 1000-2000+ over capacity for EVERY game of the 2010 Playoffs. you must be thinking of the braves ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

At least 16 ounces. High & Inside Pub is where it's at - 20 ouncers for the same price. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say beers will be at least 7.75 next year. At least.

If they keep signing players like cliff lee I will pay ten bucks a beer. happily
    imalive wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    imalive wrote:

just looked it up...the giants were 1000-2000+ over capacity for EVERY game of the 2010 Playoffs. you must be thinking of the braves ;)

Yeah, those die hard atlanta fans are funny.

I remember hearing about how there were tons of available tickets for the Atlanta and Philly games in SF. This is off the top of my head, so I could be full of shit
  • The Fixer wrote:
    If they keep signing players like cliff lee I will pay ten bucks a beer. happily

I second this.

I thought I heard about Giants games not selling out, maybe they sold out the last day or something.

San Fran sold out, but a lot of it was day-of or thereabouts. Point being not being sold out in August. I know they started selling tix in the auxiliary press box all the way up in left field at half-price because half the reports didn't want to sit all the way up in no man's land. That aux box was ridiculous.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    polaris_x wrote:

like it said in the link ... parity is about equal distribution of talent and financial flexibility ... pointing to the number of teams that have been in the world series does not show parity ...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    imalive wrote:

the high and inside pub has been turned into a majestic clubhouse dude. saw it at game 2 for the reds series. so pissed. that was huge benefit of the 420 or so section behind home plate.
    www.myspace.com
    imalive wrote:

the high and inside pub has been turned into a majestic clubhouse dude. saw it at game 2 for the reds series. so pissed. that was huge benefit of the 420 or so section behind home plate.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.....WHAT?!?!!?

I was up there for game 1 and they were selling merch, but I didn't see anything about a permanent change.

I was up there for game 1 and they were selling merch, but I didn't see anything about a permanent change.

maybe not majestic but it was some kind of store and not the bar anymore. they weren't selling beers there during game 1 were they? i didn't even see the high & inside signage anywhere
    www.myspace.com

maybe not majestic but it was some kind of store and not the bar anymore. they weren't selling beers there during game 1 were they? i didn't even see the high & inside signage anywhere

No, yeah, I remember the place being littered with shit, but I'm hoping this was just a move during the playoffs. I'm figuring they knew they could make more money off merch after games than people sitting in there for beers. Because no one goes to the concessions while the game is going on. Either way, my heart will ache if this is true.

No, yeah, I remember the place being littered with shit, but I'm hoping this was just a move during the playoffs. I'm figuring they knew they could make more money off merch after games than people sitting in there for beers. Because no one goes to the concessions while the game is going on. Either way, my heart will ache if this is true.

i hope you're right. that is the last place there that not everyone is aware of...a hidden gem, if you will. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • I think that was a temporary change to sell merch in the playoffs.

I sat in 421 for Game 2 vs. Giants and, yes, those are awesome seats.

i hope you're right. that is the last place there that not everyone is aware of...a hidden gem, if you will. :mrgreen:

Yes, and I think we've already said too much... :shh: :silent:
    I think that was a temporary change to sell merch in the playoffs.

I sat in 421 for Game 2 vs. Giants and, yes, those are awesome seats.

love it up there. best bang for your buck.
    www.myspace.com
  • Don't worry about missing out on Cliff Lee, Yankee fans. The Mark Prior era begins!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    The Fixer wrote:
    This is off the top of my head, so I could be full of shit
    you are :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    willingham to oakland. he would have been perfect for the phils
  • Sox just signed Bobby Jenks. Looks like middle relief got a whole lot more expensive this year.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Question for you guys, since most of you know more about this stuff than I do:

Let's say player X gets traded, and their old team must pick up a portion of their salary for the upcoming year. Does the old team simply write out a check for the amount to the new team, or does player X get two separate paychecks in the upcoming season, one from their old team and one from the new team.

These types of trades happen all the time (especially with Red Sox shortstops), but listening to how the Phillies need to handle Joe Blanton, it got me thinking...
    Sox just signed Bobby Jenks. Looks like middle relief got a whole lot more expensive this year.

if papelturd continues to regress jenks could be your closer. or bard, whose stuff is disgusting
    Question for you guys, since most of you know more about this stuff than I do:

Let's say player X gets traded, and their old team must pick up a portion of their salary for the upcoming year. Does the old team simply write out a check for the amount to the new team, or does player X get two separate paychecks in the upcoming season, one from their old team and one from the new team.

These types of trades happen all the time (especially with Red Sox shortstops), but listening to how the Phillies need to handle Joe Blanton, it got me thinking...

I'm not positive, but I think the team just writes the other team a check. I remember reading about this when the astros kicked in 7 million of oswalts contract.

I'm not 100% sure
  • I think it's a reasonable question because from a business standpoint, if the old team simply writes out a check for $7million immediately when the trade happens, that's a lot of potential interest their giving up to the new team in the time between the trade and when they need to start making payments.
    I'll tell ya what, I like what the A's are doing.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    Ozzie may be the most entertaining human alive.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?tcid= ... d&c_id=cws