Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,901
    I call the team cowgirls as well.

i think everyone who isn't a Dallas fan calls them that especially if you are an Eagles and Giants fan ;)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    imalive wrote: »
    Overachieved. Cowgirls fans should be proud of them. But she. Your quarterback lets a shotgun snap go right through his hands one third and one you know... You know... Same ol Romo haha

get out of here before you piss me off....romo had a fine game....I hardly think the play you're referencing determined the outcome.

Calls us cowgirls and refers to Romo as a 'she.' Seems to have hatred towards women in general. They probably hate him, too.

Probably so.

besides, shouldn't he (she?) be commenting on CFL or hockey?

Hahaha so not only are you sensitive and (incorrectly) making assumptions about my prowess with the ladies (I retired btw, met the women of my dreams), now you think a Canadian has no knowledge of American football? Lol
    You watch the same drivel on tv that I do from the same talking heads. *shakes head*

I thought they were going to win, until they blew it at the end of the 1st half, starting with Romo inexplicably letting a perfect shotgun snap go through his hands lol. Same ol Tony, and I actually defend him more often than not. He was my backup in fantasy this year haha.

Do they still have that popcorn eating emoticon guy? If so, this would be an appropriate place to put him...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Does it make you cowboy fans feel any better that buffalo hired Rex Ryan as their new coach? You can find a silver lining in everything.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Does it make you cowboy fans feel any better that buffalo hired Rex Ryan as their new coach? You can find a silver lining in everything.

First of all, I thought you referred to us as Cowgirl fans. And second, what does Rex Ryan coaching the Bills in the AFC have to do with the NFC East division? It's irrelevant, no?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    No, I refer to the team as cowgirls. Second, I am a huge buffalo Bills fan. The team you beat, twice in superbowls. So the silver lining would be I have been talking some major shit against your team and my team went and hired the only coach out there that is as good as Marc trestman.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    No, I refer to the team as cowgirls. Second, i, a huge buffalo Bills fan. So the silver lining would be I have bend talking some major shit against your team and my team went and hired the only coach out there that is as good as Marc trestman.

You do seem to have a sick, unhealthy obsession with hating on the Cowboys. I don't know why? Maybe you lost a lot of money on a bet? Maybe your Dad hated them, so you hate them too? Friendly banter is always good, and it would be really boring if we all liked the same teams, but go on and on about it like you think no one can hear you. And it makes me not enjoy talking football with you on here. Not enough to put you on my ignore list, but almost. Maybe try toning it down a little? You post more in here than the fans do.
  • Options
    That's funny. The hatred came from the Super bowl losses in the 90's. Now that they are out. I'll be out. Good luck in the off season.
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2015
    Overachieved. Cowgirls fans should be proud of them. But she. Your quarterback lets a shotgun snap go right through his hands one third and one you know... You know... Same ol Romo haha

get out of here before you piss me off....romo had a fine game....I hardly think the play you're referencing determined the outcome.

Calls us cowgirls and refers to Romo as a 'she.' Seems to have hatred towards women in general. They probably hate him, too.

Probably so.

Hahaha so not only are you sensitive and (incorrectly) making assumptions about my prowess with the ladies (I retired btw, met the women of my dreams), now you think a Canadian has no knowledge of American football? Lol
    You watch the same drivel on tv that I do from the same talking heads. *shakes head*

I thought they were going to win, until they blew it at the end of the 1st half, starting with Romo inexplicably letting a perfect shotgun snap go through his hands lol. Same ol Tony, and I actually defend him more often than not. He was my backup in fantasy this year haha.

Do they still have that popcorn eating emoticon guy? If so, this would be an appropriate place to put him...

Haha that would be perfect
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480

Probably so.

absolutely....for the hater from north of the border.

Cowboys lost....damn....NFC East champs....bright future ahead, I hope.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Probably so.

You see them keeping both Dez and Demarco?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Probably so.

You see them keeping both Dez and Demarco?

God.....I hope so!

really not a capologist. gotta keep Dez, if not Murray.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Whoo boy, where to start?

I guess with "the catch that wasn't". I think this could have gone either way and that is the problem. The NFL is placing too much subjectivity in these rules when they should be simple. I have always hated this "football move" bullshit. Before that was added, this would have been a catch. Dez caught the ball, took three steps and had his elbow hit the ground, and then he reached for the goal line, and then ball came out. To me, that's a catch. They need to change this rule. Why can't it be simple?? Possession, two feet down, that's it. Regardless, if Dez had just pulled the ball in and secured it, none of this matters.

But just like in the Detroit game, one call does not a came make.

The Cowboys truly did themselves in at the end of the first half with this ridiculous sequence of events:

3rd and 1 and Romo checks out of what we presume was a running play.
    Romo fumbles the subsequent snap.
    Romo picks up the snap and passes incomplete. 4th and 1.
    Cowboys miss the field goal but that is nullified due to a false start.
    Cowboys miss the field goal.
    After Green Bay gets the ball back Rodgers drives for a field goal.
    Cowboys go from potential 21-7 lead to 14-10 lead.
    That was the ballgame to me. Momentum swung from that moment forward.

There was also the Demarco Murray fumble on what would have easily been a 60 yard TD run. Tremendous play by Julius Peppers to strip that ball.

Then there were the multiple times the Cowboys had a crippled Aaron Rodgers in 3rd and long situations and could not get off the field.

You cannot go to Green Bay and make mistakes and expect to win the game. The Cowboys made three big ones.

That being said, it was a heck of a game and a hell of a season. I am so glad they are back. I think they build on this next year. They obviously need to add someone who can pressure the QB (who doesn't). Do that and find a way to keep Dez and there is no reason to think they will not be a threat again next year. I am just glad I don't have to hang my head and be the butt of jokes anymore. This team exceeded all my expectations.

By the way, Green Bay gets blown in Seattle next week.

DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    ^^^^^ and, altho you kind of alluded to it, there were still four minutes to go after the no catch and the Cowboys couldnt make a stop.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    Flagg wrote: »
    Whoo boy, where to start?

I guess with "the catch that wasn't". I think this could have gone either way and that is the problem. The NFL is placing too much subjectivity in these rules when they should be simple. I have always hated this "football move" bullshit. Before that was added, this would have been a catch. Dez caught the ball, took three steps and had his elbow hit the ground, and then he reached for the goal line, and then ball came out. To me, that's a catch. They need to change this rule. Why can't it be simple?? Possession, two feet down, that's it. Regardless, if Dez had just pulled the ball in and secured it, none of this matters.

But just like in the Detroit game, one call does not a came make.

The Cowboys truly did themselves in at the end of the first half with this ridiculous sequence of events:

3rd and 1 and Romo checks out of what we presume was a running play.
    Romo fumbles the subsequent snap.
    Romo picks up the snap and passes incomplete. 4th and 1.
    Cowboys miss the field goal but that is nullified due to a false start.
    Cowboys miss the field goal.
    After Green Bay gets the ball back Rodgers drives for a field goal.
    Cowboys go from potential 21-7 lead to 14-10 lead.
    That was the ballgame to me. Momentum swung from that moment forward.

There was also the Demarco Murray fumble on what would have easily been a 60 yard TD run. Tremendous play by Julius Peppers to strip that ball.

Then there were the multiple times the Cowboys had a crippled Aaron Rodgers in 3rd and long situations and could not get off the field.

You cannot go to Green Bay and make mistakes and expect to win the game. The Cowboys made three big ones.

That being said, it was a heck of a game and a hell of a season. I am so glad they are back. I think they build on this next year. They obviously need to add someone who can pressure the QB (who doesn't). Do that and find a way to keep Dez and there is no reason to think they will not be a threat again next year. I am just glad I don't have to hang my head and be the butt of jokes anymore. This team exceeded all my expectations.

By the way, Green Bay gets blown in Seattle next week.

Brian with the voice of reason once again.

This was a game we should have won and made a few too many mistakes to do so. The Murray fumble, 3rd and 1 botched snap/incomplete pass, and late game 3rd and 15 which they get a long 1st down.

I guess the Dez incompletion is the right call but a weird rule. I thought the Calvin Johnson 2010 call was complete BS and never really understood the reason behind the rule. But it is what it is. To quote from SI's Peter King, at least this was the "The death of the Dallas-bought-off-the-officials storyline." http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/12/nfl-playoffs-cowboys-packers-dez-bryant-replay-catch-peyton-manning-retirement/7/

Great year, and hopefully something to build on. Hopefully we can keep some of our assistants and get some more depth to compete again.

• Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    edited January 2015
    I think Seattle destroys GB too, even though I don't want that to happen.
    Post edited by themessenger on
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Agree with everything Flagg said. I thing Dez is back with a long term deal. Murray I'm not sure about ... Wouldn't want him signed any longer than 4 years. It would not shock me to see Marinneli, Linehan and Calahan all move on next year ,,,

I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    goodforyou19goodforyou19 Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin Posts: 74
    Flagg nailed it. The Cowboys played such a good game but in the playoffs with two evenly matched teams a few key mistakes can kill you. I kept saying when they had that last drive of the 1st half, just keep the ball until the end of the half (or make GB use all their timeouts) - don't give Rodgers another shot at the defense before the end of the half. Then Bailey - yikes. I know the field was crap but that second one wasn't close.

By the way, nice showing of Cowboys fans at Lambeau. A lot more than I thought would be there. Most of the GB fans were cool. We just happened to have seats directly in front a group of drunk a-holes. Took my 12-year old son to his first game as a Cowboys fan - I thought about delivering an elbow right to the dude's groin behind us, but wanted to show my son the right way to act. But I did tell one of them off when he dropped an f-bomb at us.

I do look forward to next year though losing some coordinators will hurt as they were a big reason why the Cowboys were able to win this year.
  • Options
    The second Bailey kick was tipped. That's why it was way off.

But I agree, they needed to run the clock out in the first half and finish with points. The Murray fumble hurt as well.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Catch.. But I still think gb wins even if they call it that way.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Some good news ... I've also read various tweets that Scott Linehan and Bill Callahan are close to signing ...

Jason Garrett agrees to five-year deal

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/12162667/dallas-cowboys-head-coach-jason-garrett-reach-agreement-five-year-contract

Great coach' Rod Marinelli agrees to stay with Cowboys

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/01/14/dallas-cowboys-rod-marinelli-garrett/21743809/
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Trouble in paradise?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    FUCK.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,901
    edited March 2015
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Hey guys
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    losing the offensive player of the year to your rival and replacing him with....darren mcfadden:

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

losing the offensive player of the year to your rival and replacing him with....darren mcfadden:

are you fucking shitting me?????

can we get your video fool to do a "jerry jones, yer killing me" video?

fuck.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Greg Hardy? :nuh_uh:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    If the Eagles sign Tebow, I think I'll be cheering for them this year.
  • Options

If the Eagles sign Tebow, I think I'll be cheering for them this year.

Odd