KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Can the Cowboys take sole possession of 1st place with a 2-2 record? Oh boy, that is a little embarrassing for the NFC 'Beast' :roll: We'll see what happens, but it is entirely possible with this week's matchups.

The Boys come fresh off a bye to take on the Titans at home. I'm sure VY will play decent in his home state but I think the Cowboys will roll. Boys 31-13

The Ginas travel to Houston to play a talented Texans team. NY's O-line is hurting and could struggle against Mario Williams and co. Texans 27-17

The Skins have GB at home, but I'm not sure they can handle the Pack, even with all their injuries. Skins have injuries of their own, including Portis, but I like the looks of Torain. GB 27-21

Eagles go west to SF, where the Niners desperately need a win. I think this will be close and can go either way with Kolb at Qb. Niners, 24-23 in a thriller.

There you have it. The very insightful crazypjfan's picks. Please do NOT take these too seriously! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Haha - OK, I'll bite on that.

Without scores.

Cowboys will beat the Titans, if they can contain Young and Johnson from running wild. They have had problems with the run defense so far. But coming off the bye, I like the Cowboys to take this one, but it will be close. I expect the Cowboys to start strong and then struggle, allowing the Titans to hang around before Dallas puts it away late.

Houston will stomp the Giants. If anyone is going to take Houston seriously, they have to have games like this. I know they beat Indy, but they were terrible against Dallas. The Giants are a big ball of chaos right now.

Packers will roll the Skins. I still can't believe they beat Dallas and the Eagles. I fucking hate the Redskins so much for that very reason. It never matters how good or bad the Skins and the Cowboys are. You never know who will win. But then the Skins go back to being the Skins and the Packer will beat the shit out of them.

Philly will beat SF. The Niners are so bad it is scary and I doubt Singletary makes it the rest of the season. Kolb will have a good game and cause more controversy up there in Philly, which is always a good thing.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    The Giants are a big ball of chaos right now.

Like Button.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    Flagg wrote:
    Haha - OK, I'll bite on that.

Without scores.

Cowboys will beat the Titans, if they can contain Young and Johnson from running wild. They have had problems with the run defense so far. But coming off the bye, I like the Cowboys to take this one, but it will be close. I expect the Cowboys to start strong and then struggle, allowing the Titans to hang around before Dallas puts it away late.

Houston will stomp the Giants. If anyone is going to take Houston seriously, they have to have games like this. I know they beat Indy, but they were terrible against Dallas. The Giants are a big ball of chaos right now.

Packers will roll the Skins. I still can't believe they beat Dallas and the Eagles. I fucking hate the Redskins so much for that very reason. It never matters how good or bad the Skins and the Cowboys are. You never know who will win. But then the Skins go back to being the Skins and the Packer will beat the shit out of them.

Philly will beat SF. The Niners are so bad it is scary and I doubt Singletary makes it the rest of the season. Kolb will have a good game and cause more controversy up there in Philly, which is always a good thing.

i would be surprised if the birds win this week. the niners need this game a lot more than we do and kolb is a work in progress at best. hope i'm wrong.

titans are gonna cover against dallas though. i agree it will be close. should be a good game to watch.

with all the playoff games amongst the nfl slate----sunday's gonna be one of the best sports days of the year. i hope my couch is ready for me!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    i got 40 bucks that says the cowboyz don't go 4-0 in october

any takers

Don't tempt me! I'll just email you my paypal info so you can put the money in there now. :lol:

metsfan... set to be $40 richer.

cowboys... set to be in last place, as opposed to first.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    The Giants are a big ball of chaos right now.

Like Button.
    Uh no the cowboys are a big ball of chaos.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    I don't want to talk about it.

Worst. Sports. Weekend. Ever.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    I don't want to talk about it.

Worst. Sports. Weekend. Ever.
    At least the rangers still have a shot. I'm not so sure about the Cowboys. The boys are a real mess, giving up 34 points after a bye, committing 12 penalties...I don't know. This team is either under performing or is over rated.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    This team is either under performing or is over rated.

I think it's a little bit of both. They desperately need to string together a couple of wins, like now!
  • Options
    Vikings next...ouch! lol Staring at 1-4. This Cowboys team is piss-poor! Good thing for beer ;)

I'm done wasting time talking about this team until they hit .500...that might be a stretch for these slouches! lol
  • Options
    I wasn't a huge fan of Parcells when he was here. For one thing, the penalties were just as bad then as they are now. People like to scream for a new coach, but we had a great coach and they still made the same mistakes. Everyone tends to forget that. But, he did utter a cliche that I think is absolutely true and applies here. You are what you are. And right now what they are is an underachieving, overrated 1-3 football team that is not good enough to make the playoffs this year. We are looking at 2007 all over again.

They are losing too many one-on-one battles. The holding calls happen because this aging OL is getting beat. Pass interference happens because your DBs get beat. The sacks aren't coming because the DL and LBs are getting beat. The stupid penalties (like the celebration thing) happen because they lack discipline.

I think the skill players are just fine. Romo had a decent game outside of a dumb mistake on the INT on their own 5. Felix Jones had an outstanding game. Miles Austin was incredible. Roy Williams looks again like the guy worth the draft picks. Demarcus Ware is still a play maker and will be for a long time. But otherwise, the rest of the team, the foundation (OL and DL and LBs) are not that good, even outright bad.

Romo makes a dumb decision here and there but name me a QB that doesn't from time to time (except maybe P. Manning, Brady). But you can lay the blame for some of that on the sub-standard OL. He was sacked 6 times yesterday and had people in his face all day and still threw for 400 yards and 3 TDs. I am not a Romo apologist at all, but I think he takes an unfair share of the blame.

The #1 problem facing this team is the trenches. An OL that gets beat on almost every play, and a DL that cannot force the issue. Because of that, they take penalties, and more penalties, and they give up a big sack, or give up a big play to the offense.

Marc Colombo is past his prime (if he ever had one), Kosier isn't that great, Gurode is aging, Davis is OK, and Doug Free should be a backup. On the defense, Ware is the one legit playmaker, but he can't do it all. Ratliff is doubled and tripled all the time and Spencer isn't that great. If they cut Bradie James and Keith Brooking tomorrow would anyone pick them up? And I mean anyone that is contending? We thought Mike Jenkins was the real deal but man, did he have a terrible day yesterday.

They just aren't that good. And I don't think a new coach is going to help with that. Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade and say this is on the players and their inability to play smart football and win the one on one battles.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    I agree with the fact that they had the same dumb penalties/mental errors even with Parcells......

Can't blame Romo for yesterday....or anything at this point...the one pick was a catchable ball, and the other was deflected at the line and lost speed. A risky throw, but also a bit unlucky. The skill players did their job just fine.

The blitz packages are halfassed, completely predictable, and uneffective

I hate cover 2.....play some man D you pussies. Quit leaving the middle of the field open for 15-20 yard passes.

Don't even get me started on the secondary. How the F can Jenkins blatantly grab jerseys like that and not expect to get nailed? He's better than that.....

The Titans first touchdown pass....there was so much time to locate that ball and swat it away....I think it was Scandrick who was actually looking to the sidelines instead of up? Did anyone else see this?
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    We could be the first 5-11 team to outgain every opponent that we play. This team very easily could be 4-0 or 3-1, and all the points made above are well made. However, the big thing we can't do is kick a fucking FG. It has cost us in all 3 of our losses. It led to a FG for Washington to give them the 3-0 lead in Game 1, instead of being tied with the Bears and their crappy O-Line they take a 27-17 lead on us, yesterday we could have been up by 10 (the Bennett pick was unlucky and the missed fg) instead we are tied against Vince Young. I know this team has it in them to be awesome, but it's not coming out. As for our CBs yesterday, I think I learned 3 things. 1. Whenever you play a team coming off a bye go deep early and often they looked out of sync. 2. Vince Young threw us into some of those PI's and the TD because he is so freaking inaccurate. If that was an accurate QB Jenkins and Scandrick are right there for the play (Scandrick is the worst at being all over someone and not getting it done). 3. Despite my appologies for the 2 younger guys T-Newman is still our best cover corner.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    crazypjfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    i got 40 bucks that says the cowboyz don't go 4-0 in october

any takers

Don't tempt me! I'll just email you my paypal info so you can put the money in there now. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

wade and jason must go and fast. i have no faith in the coaching. maybe jerry shoulda built a better coaching staff instead of a better stadium.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Flagg wrote:
    I wasn't a huge fan of Parcells when he was here. For one thing, the penalties were just as bad then as they are now. People like to scream for a new coach, but we had a great coach and they still made the same mistakes. Everyone tends to forget that. But, he did utter a cliche that I think is absolutely true and applies here. You are what you are. And right now what they are is an underachieving, overrated 1-3 football team that is not good enough to make the playoffs this year. We are looking at 2007 all over again.

They are losing too many one-on-one battles. The holding calls happen because this aging OL is getting beat. Pass interference happens because your DBs get beat. The sacks aren't coming because the DL and LBs are getting beat. The stupid penalties (like the celebration thing) happen because they lack discipline.

I think the skill players are just fine. Romo had a decent game outside of a dumb mistake on the INT on their own 5. Felix Jones had an outstanding game. Miles Austin was incredible. Roy Williams looks again like the guy worth the draft picks. Demarcus Ware is still a play maker and will be for a long time. But otherwise, the rest of the team, the foundation (OL and DL and LBs) are not that good, even outright bad.

Romo makes a dumb decision here and there but name me a QB that doesn't from time to time (except maybe P. Manning, Brady). But you can lay the blame for some of that on the sub-standard OL. He was sacked 6 times yesterday and had people in his face all day and still threw for 400 yards and 3 TDs. I am not a Romo apologist at all, but I think he takes an unfair share of the blame.

The #1 problem facing this team is the trenches. An OL that gets beat on almost every play, and a DL that cannot force the issue. Because of that, they take penalties, and more penalties, and they give up a big sack, or give up a big play to the offense.

Marc Colombo is past his prime (if he ever had one), Kosier isn't that great, Gurode is aging, Davis is OK, and Doug Free should be a backup. On the defense, Ware is the one legit playmaker, but he can't do it all. Ratliff is doubled and tripled all the time and Spencer isn't that great. If they cut Bradie James and Keith Brooking tomorrow would anyone pick them up? And I mean anyone that is contending? We thought Mike Jenkins was the real deal but man, did he have a terrible day yesterday.

They just aren't that good. And I don't think a new coach is going to help with that. Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade and say this is on the players and their inability to play smart football and win the one on one battles.

I think only time will tell, your assessment's of this team are valid. The real problem with this team is Jerry Jones, the last 2 drafts were completely his without any input from Parcell's, how many players from those drafts are left on the team. One thing about Parcell's is that he was a good talent evaluator. As for coaching we could have had Haley, Sparano or Shanahan, all their teams are performing better with less talent.

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

any takers

:lol::lol::lol:

wade and jason must go and fast. i have no faith in the coaching. maybe jerry shoulda built a better coaching staff instead of a better stadium.[/quote]

The only kind of coach Jerry wants is a kiss ass. The only time this team had a wealth of talent was when JJ and Parcell's were running the show. These 2 were probably the only 2 real good football people he's ever had.

• Options
    you guys are missing the obvious....the next logical step is for jerry jones to fire wade philips and insert himself as head coach. :lol:

the crazy thing is it doesn't sound all that far fetched :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    you guys are missing the obvious....the next logical step is for jerry jones to fire wade philips and insert himself as head coach. :lol:

LMFAO

• Options

You're right it's not all that far fetched. Now seriously, you would think at some point he would look in the mirror and realize he shouldn't be the general manager of a football team and hire someone who knows what the F they are doing.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

You're right it's not all that far fetched. Now seriously, you would think at some point he would look in the mirror and realize he shouldn't be the general manager of a football team and hire someone who knows what the F they are doing.

i'm just looking forward to the day where the talent dries up and that 100,000 seat palace is less than half full. :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

i'm just looking forward to the day where the talent dries up and that 100,000 seat palace is less than half full. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately that day is coming sooner, rather than later. He's owned the team for 20-21 years or something like that and the only time they've had really good talent is when JJ and Parcell's were in charge, which happens to be the only 2 real good football coach's he's had.

Like I said you would think he'd realize he is the problem.

• Options
    HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    Cowher. Cowher. Cowher. Please
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Options
    Hartydog wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

he would never be a jerry jones bitch nor would gruden

• Options
    Nick Folk 5 for 5 in tonight's game, we sure could use this kind of kicking.

• Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    he was hurt all last year...i loved knowing that we'd make figgies when he was on a few years back.
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

This makes me sick!
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

This makes me sick!

Me too. Ugh.

Oh, and I guess I was off on at least one thing in my assessment. Apparently Big Davis wasn't as good as I thought seeing as how they benched him in the last game and he may lose his job this week.

What a train wreck this thing is.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Can the Cowboys take sole possession of 1st place with a 2-2 record? Oh boy, that is a little embarrassing for the NFC 'Beast' :roll: We'll see what happens, but it is entirely possible with this week's matchups.

The Boys come fresh off a bye to take on the Titans at home. I'm sure VY will play decent in his home state but I think the Cowboys will roll. Boys 31-13

The Ginas travel to Houston to play a talented Texans team. NY's O-line is hurting and could struggle against Mario Williams and co. Texans 27-17

The Skins have GB at home, but I'm not sure they can handle the Pack, even with all their injuries. Skins have injuries of their own, including Portis, but I like the looks of Torain. GB 27-21

Eagles go west to SF, where the Niners desperately need a win. I think this will be close and can go either way with Kolb at Qb. Niners, 24-23 in a thriller.

There you have it. The very insightful crazypjfan's picks. Please do NOT take these too seriously! :lol::lol:
    Glad I don't consult this page before making my picks. I was with you though on all but NYG. :oops:
    #FHP
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    metsfan wrote:
    Hartydog wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

he would never be a jerry jones bitch nor would gruden
    I'm praying you're right because that would be a sacrilege.
    #FHP