Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    What's Garretts game plan today?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    First drive penalty and have to use a timeout...go figure, why don't they script the first 15 plays or so? I will never understand that on 3 and 2, using Choice, would you not want your best players in that situation, Barber or Jones? At least they got it on 4th.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Damn.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Its the roy williams show

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    This is the team we thought we would see at the start of the seasons. A good game so far, but still far to many penalties and mistakes. I put those penalties and mistakes on the coaches...for once I'd like to see Phillips rip into someone after a costly penalty or mistake. Looks like we'll get the win, a much needed win, season saving win.

• Options
    metsfan wrote:

First time I've read that since he's been a Cowboy. :D

• Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    lukin2006 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Yeah!

He had a great game. Hats off.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Yeah!

He had a great game. Hats off.
    He did have a great game.

• Options
    watch now next week he'll have 4 catches for 20 yards and 0 td's

:P

• Options
    Now that's a relief! The Boys looked a lot better and are still the best in the East. I know that's not saying much since the division is horrible this year, but at least we should win it with no problem.

I'm sure we'll get everything worked out in the off week and be prepared for the Titans and then the Vikings.
  • Options
    Ex-Cowboy Patrick Crayton told to shut up by new coach

Ex-Cowboys receiver Patrick Crayton is in a war of words with his new coach in San Diego.

Crayton, who was traded by the Cowboys just before the season, blasted his Chargers' special teams unit for not taking their jobs seriously.

The Seahawks' Leon Washington ran back two kicks (101 and 99 yards) for touchdowns to help Seattle upset the the Chargers 27-20 on Sunday.

"Right now, (special teams) coach (Steve) Crosby is (ticked) off. I don't blame him," Crayton said after the game. "The guys who are sitting in the meetings are not taking him seriously when he tells you to do a certain thing on a kickoff. He's been in this league I don't know how many years. He's been around a while for a reason, obviously. You have to take this stuff seriously."

Responding to the critical comments, San Diego head coach Norv Turner told Crayton to stifle himself.

"Patrick is new to our organization," Turner said on Monday. "And I don't think you'll hear any other comments about it from Patrick. He knows now that the way we handle things is in-house."

Turner has reportedly met with the veteran receiver. "I think Patrick understands I am the spokesman in terms of how we're handling things," Turner said on Monday.

Turner said he doesn't agree with Crayton's message, because if it were a problem, he would have brought it up earlier.

"If he had told me that (on) Wednesday morning, and said, 'Hey, these guys aren't taking things serious, then you say, 'Hey, wait a minute,' " Turner said.
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    crazypjfan wrote:
    I know that's not saying much since the division is horrible this year, but at least we should win it with no problem.
    :lol:

Wonder how many times earlier in this thread people said it was the best division?
    #FHP
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    Wonder how many times earlier in this thread people said it was the best division?

Oh yeah, I'm sure it was supposed to be one of the best in the league. The Redskins were expected to be sub-par but there is not excuse for what the Cowboys and Giants have been bringing on Sundays!
  • Options
    It is funny how things work out. Everyone was so worried about Doug Free stepping in for Flo and now he's our best O-Lineman?

Wade Phillips: Doug Free is team's best offensive lineman so far

The conventional wisdom all offseason: The Cowboys offensive line was solid, except for that big question mark at left tackle, Doug Free.

The reality of the first three games: The aging Cowboys offensive line has issues. Except for their young one guy, Doug Free.

"We had confidence, but I'm not sure you'd say, 'Hey, he might be in the Pro Bowl' or something. But he might be. He's a good player," coach Wade Phillips said on Monday.

Phillips added that Free has been the team's best offensive lineman despite facing Julius Peppers and Mario Williams. He's given up no sacks and only one tackle. (Tony Romo has only been sacked once overall.) Free gets help, but not as much as you think, according to ESPNDallas' Calvin Watkins.

You criticize the Cowboys for not developing younger, better depth elsewhere on the line. But the decision to dump Flozell Adams for Free looks like a wise move.
  • Options
    This is just plain silly...

Dez Bryant buys steak dinner for teammates; final bill $55,000

Dez Bryant continues to shower his teammates with gifts, the latest a trip to a Dallas steakhouse.

"I'm here eating drinking with my dogs I go to war with every Sunday doing it big at pappas steakhouse!!!!" Bryant wrote on his Twitter.

Michael Smith, floor manager at Pappas Bros. Steakhouse, refused to comment on the gathering. But numerous Cowboys players described the experience.

Wrote receiver Miles Austin: "Food is crazy here!!!"

Wrote receiver Jesse Holley: "Woke up this morning and scramble me some cheese eggs to go w/ my left over 20oz Kobe steak from last night. Mmmmmmm!"

Wrote running back Felix Jones before the dinner: "Our offensive rookies are buying dinner ... I remember those days. Sure don't miss them the least bit."

Bryant helped foot the bill for the dinner.

"It was his responsibility, and he knew it," David Wells, a confidante to Bryant told the Dallas Morning News' Gerry Fraley. "He knew he was going to have to buy dinner one way or the other. He was either going to have to buy dinner or wash a lot of dishes."

This isn't the first gift Bryant has offered teammates. The rookie -- who declined to carry Roy Williams' shoulder pads earlier in camp -- presented his fellow receivers with Air Jordan Olympic 7s. He also picked up the Madden NFL 11 video game for himself and Williams.

"I did that out of the kindness of my heart,'' Bryant said of the shoes. "It didn't have anything to do with rookie hazing. I just want to build a great relationship with those guys.''

And what about the Madden game? "I know Roy loves video games, so I got it,'' Bryant said. "That's all about trying to build team chemistry. I feel if you've got that, you play a lot harder.

"There were some things I did at Oklahoma State, like I bought the whole wide out crew dog tags and they had their name, their number and freak time on it. That's what our receiver coach had called us. I felt like that brought us together.

"I just want to do my little part here.''
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

jerry-jones.jpg
  • Options
    Dez better hold on to some of that money. Too many athletes make millions and then go broke by the time they reach 40.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    $1,000 a head or did wifes go to cut it to $500 a head. either way, that's an over priced meal
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I think someone mentioned something about $9,000 bottles of wine. I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between that and a bottle of Yellow Tail or something cheap....
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Man, I can't stand the bye week!

Lookin' forward to seeing the Cowboys destroy the Titans and go 4-0 in October! With them playing Tenn, Minn, NYG and Jax, it doesn't look too far fetched to run the table if they keep the momentum going.

This would put us at 5-2 and 1 or 2 games in first.

Wishful thinking? Yes. Possible? Yes. Likely? We shall see..

Let's go Cowboys!
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Man, I can't stand the bye week!

Lookin' forward to seeing the Cowboys destroy the Titans and go 4-0 in October! With them playing Tenn, Minn, NYG and Jax, it doesn't look too far fetched to run the table if they keep the momentum going.

This would put us at 5-2 and 1 or 2 games in first.

Wishful thinking? Yes. Possible? Yes. Likely? We shall see..

Let's go Cowboys!
    i think it's very possible

• Options
    I think that's entirely possible.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    The Vikes will be playing on a short week since they have the Jets on Monday night. Hopefully, Favre comes into the game banged up from the Jets D.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    i see 2-2 or 3-1 at best in those 4 games.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Probably 3-1 and but you can't be sure about anything in this stupid league anymore, especially this year. I still can't get over losing to the Bears considering how horrible they looked the other night.

If I had to take a guess, then wins vs. Vikings, Giants and Jags, and a loss to the Titans because the Cowboys have been hurt by the run and Young and Johnson will give them fits. But 4-0 would not shock me at all. Then, neither would 2-2.

These Vikings ain't last year's Vikings. The Giants look terrible and the Jaguars are the Jaguars despite beating Indy. Houston beat Indy too and look what Dallas did to them.

Anyway, I am fully absorbed by the Rangers right now and feel like the Cowboys can just take a back seat in my eyes after the crap they have laid out there the past couple of seasons. Enjoying watching a team that actually enjoys winning for a change. The Cowboys almost seem to dislike winning. The radio guys down here call them terrible front-runners. I have to agree at this point.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:

Probably 3-1 and but you can't be sure about anything in this stupid league anymore, especially this year. I still can't get over losing to the Bears considering how horrible they looked the other night.

If I had to take a guess, then wins vs. Vikings, Giants and Jags, and a loss to the Titans because the Cowboys have been hurt by the run and Young and Johnson will give them fits. But 4-0 would not shock me at all. Then, neither would 2-2.

These Vikings ain't last year's Vikings. The Giants look terrible and the Jaguars are the Jaguars despite beating Indy. Houston beat Indy too and look what Dallas did to them.

Anyway, I am fully absorbed by the Rangers right now and feel like the Cowboys can just take a back seat in my eyes after the crap they have laid out there the past couple of seasons. Enjoying watching a team that actually enjoys winning for a change. The Cowboys almost seem to dislike winning. The radio guys down here call them terrible front-runners. I have to agree at this point.
    giants will beat the cowboys. they seem to always want it more when they playing against da boyz. giants D looked really good the other night. that scares me in a weak division.

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

giants will beat the cowboys. they seem to always want it more when they playing against da boyz. giants D looked really good the other night. that scares me in a weak division.

i think other than the jags game the others can all go either way.

i'm rooting for cliff lee tomorrow flagg!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

jags come off to me as the typical "trap" game. people said the cowboys wouldn't have a problem with da bears and look what happened in that game.

• Options
    metsfan wrote:

jags come off to me as the typical "trap" game. people said the cowboys wouldn't have a problem with da bears and look what happened in that game.

the jags were the whole league's trap game until a couple days ago.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

the jags were the whole league's trap game until a couple days ago.
    yea but they were playing a division rival. so you know going into the game the jags were gonna go balls to the wall. they got lucky with that game winning field goal. not to many kickers can kick a 59 field goal right down broadway when their career long is a 53 yard field goal. also the jags have always played somewhat well against the colts in recent years.