Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Man, I wish Gruden would get back into coaching next year. It would be nice to see him on the Cowboys sidelines too! I love that guy...

Not gonna happen...he's too headstrong for Jerry

He would want control and we know how well that goes over in Dallas

You guys are desperate begging for a former Eagles coach

:P
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,446
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Man, I wish Gruden would get back into coaching next year. It would be nice to see him on the Cowboys sidelines too! I love that guy...

...not to mention a guy who hasn't won a playoff game since 2002 :o ....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    crazypjfan wrote:

...not to mention a guy who hasn't won a playoff game since 2002 :o ....

And that was a Superbowl! Essentially, the guy knows how to win those things, unlike Wade or the past few Cowboys coaches before him.

I just really miss his fiery attitude on the sidelines. Gruden knows a ton about the game and can discipline his players. I think he will be coaching next year, though.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    i can def see gruden being the cowboys coach for the next 3-5 years. he'd do wonders with an offense like the one the cowboys have. least he wouldn't try to run the ball with this receiving core like garrett does.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    gruden's an improvement over wade phillips....but it's tough to find a coach who is not an upgrade over that guy.

i just think gruden is overrated. he's an offensive coach who won a super bowl with tony dungy's defense while his offense was average at best.

i will say that i love having this conversation with you guys less than halfway through a season in which you were favored to play a super bowl in your hometown. :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

i will say that i love having this conversation with you guys less than halfway through a season in which you were favored to play a super bowl in your hometown. :mrgreen:

It is only temporary until the Boys turn it around and everyone starts talking about a Superbowl at home, lol.

I like Wade and don't place all the blame on him. When I played ball, it didn't matter who the coach was. I was eager to go out and compete at a high level, regardless. I guess it is different when you aren't making money and your ego is in check. With that said, the players need to step up and discipline themselves. They are grown men and shouldn't need a new coach to light some fire under their asses!
  • Options
    gruden's an improvement over wade phillips....but it's tough to find a coach who is not an upgrade over that guy.

even the ghost of tom landry would be an improvement of wade phillips :lol::lol:

• Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

It is only temporary until the Boys turn it around and everyone starts talking about a Superbowl at home, lol.

I like Wade and don't place all the blame on him. When I played ball, it didn't matter who the coach was. I was eager to go out and compete at a high level, regardless. I guess it is different when you aren't making money and your ego is in check. With that said, the players need to step up and discipline themselves. They are grown men and shouldn't need a new coach to light some fire under their asses!

i hear you...this guy's record kind of speaks for itself though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:

even the ghost of tom landry would be an improvement of wade phillips :lol::lol:

So, with all this talk about a coach, the Cowboys can win Monday and only be 1.5 games out of first place? We should put this conversation on hold until mid Nov. when we see what happens. I am not counting them out yet this year, in case you guys were wondering ;)

I have to say it is getting tough to watch them play this season. I spent most of my afternoon on the beach in Tampa on Sunday and didn't tune into the game until the 4th quarter. I kind of wish I stayed at the beach but it was getting dark, lol
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

34-18 as the Cowboys coach. That is the best ever for a coach for them. However, it only looks good on paper...
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

So, with all this talk about a coach, the Cowboys can win Monday and only be 1.5 games out of first place? We should put this conversation on hold until mid Nov. when we see what happens. I am not counting them out yet this year, in case you guys were wondering ;)

I have to say it is getting tough to watch them play this season. I spent most of my afternoon on the beach in Tampa on Sunday and didn't tune into the game until the 4th quarter. I kind of wish I stayed at the beach but it was getting dark, lol
    i hate to break it to you but the cowboys aren't beating the giants come monday

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

We'll see, pal ;)
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

34-18 as the Cowboys coach. That is the best ever for a coach for them. However, it only looks good on paper...

i mean his record in crunch time dude. playoffs. he obviously inherited a quality team. that's why his record is what it is.

but he's been in this league for decades and won his first playoff game last year...then lost by 30 the next week.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

We'll see, pal ;)
    sadly we will

• Options
    he obviously inherited a quality team. that's why his record is what it is.

Yeah, I couldn't agree with you more on that. Parcells went out and reshaped this team for him.

Good stuff. I have to go and watch the Yankees crumble now, lol
  • Options
    A big victory tonight and we are only 1 game out of first place in the loss column.

I hope the Boys can get it done tonight. I am extremely tired of getting my hopes up and then watching this team collapse...
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    crazypjfan wrote:
    A big victory tonight and we are only 1 game out of first place in the loss column.

I hope the Boys can get it done tonight. I am extremely tired of getting my hopes up and then watching this team collapse...
    if they beat the crap out of the giants only to find a way to lose to them again i'm going to be very pissed off. this season is like watching the same game over and over.
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:

+1

the cowboys aren't going to beat the crap outta the giants. giant's defense is really better this year. it's gonna be a close like a 21-20 or 28-24 victory.

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

+1

the cowboys aren't going to beat the crap outta the giants. giant's defense is really better this year. it's gonna be a close like a 21-20 or 28-24 victory.[/quote]

speaking as a degenerate gambler....i would LOVE this score tonight. :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    it's gonna be a close like a 21-20 or 28-24 victory.

:lol::lol:

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    it's gonna be a close like a 21-20 or 28-24 victory.

:lol::lol:

i actually that score is gonna be pretty accurate....could go either way though
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    as a fantasy guy, could somebody tell teh Cowpies defense to wake up. i don't need the points this week, but could use a decent defense down the stretch.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    as a fantasy guy, could somebody tell teh Cowpies defense to wake up. i don't need the points this week, but could use a decent defense down the stretch.

I have their defense as well. The funny thing is that I had both the Giants and Cowboys earlier this season. And for whatever reason, I kept the Boys...
  • Options
    81 wrote:

i am .1 point ahead going into tonight and have steve smith. he has roy E williamsn and tynes.......oh boy. team jeagler needs this one.

thing that sucks is i tried to start dwayne bowe (who ended up with over 20 points) but couldn't do it in time and got stuck with donald driver who scored me a total of.....0 points. :thumbdown:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

i am .1 point ahead going into tonight and have steve smith. he has roy E williamsn and tynes.......oh boy. team jeagler needs this one.

thing that sucks is i tried to start dwayne bowe (who ended up with over 20 points) but couldn't do it in time and got stuck with donald driver who scored me a total of.....0 points. :thumbdown:

i love the E :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:

FUCK YEAH

• Options
    DEZ FUCKING BRYANT

i loved the nod to prime time

• Options
    i am loving this game thus far :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    FUCK!

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Romo done game over
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......