Options

**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Flagg wrote:
    I think this one is on the players just as much as the coaches, if not more so. They just aren't that good. Outside of Ware and Jenkins, who are the playmakers on defense? Can anyone catch the ball other than Austin, and apparently Bryant? Losing Witten like that hurt, but come on! Buehler should not be the field goal kicker. Lots of mistakes on the OL.

I don't know, the Bears made plays and the Cowboys made mistakes. The interceptions were caused by tipped balls and great plays by the Bears. Cutler made some good throws (God knows why) and they just outplayed Dallas.

I've been on board with this running back by committee thing, but no longer. One of these guys needs to be traded. Its just too much. You can't get any kind of a rhythm going when you have to split touches between three talented backs.

I don't know. Maybe they turn it around, but right now, they aren't even close to being a playoff team.

My little rant here......

1) How did they not call forward progress on the play where Roy Williams got stripped???? That was three or four seconds long easily........Aikman/Buck didn't even comment on it.
    2) Who's the jackass that called the first onside kick after the punt return? Way to kill all of the momentum and give them great field advantage.
    3) We have three great backs....but can't do shit with any of them. This 3 headed system seems to have lost its spark....
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    whata joke of a so called team

how the fuck do you lose to da bears

i mean just wow, just fucking wow
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    I can't believe that you people are giving up in week 2. Gimme a break. There is a ton of football to be played and the Boys are just getting started! We will bounce back and go 1-2 before the bye. That might be enough to be tied for the division lead. The NFC East is crappy this year...
    going 0-2 in your conference isn't exactly the way a super bowl contending team is supposed to play. just cause the nfc east is crappy doesn't mean we have to play like crap too. this team is gonna be 0-3 after the houston game. houston would love nothing more then to stick it to dallas. what pisses me off even more is i just ordered a new cowboys hat and they play like shit.

• Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    edited September 2010
    UpSideDown wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    I think this one is on the players just as much as the coaches, if not more so. They just aren't that good. Outside of Ware and Jenkins, who are the playmakers on defense? Can anyone catch the ball other than Austin, and apparently Bryant? Losing Witten like that hurt, but come on! Buehler should not be the field goal kicker. Lots of mistakes on the OL.

I don't know, the Bears made plays and the Cowboys made mistakes. The interceptions were caused by tipped balls and great plays by the Bears. Cutler made some good throws (God knows why) and they just outplayed Dallas.

I've been on board with this running back by committee thing, but no longer. One of these guys needs to be traded. Its just too much. You can't get any kind of a rhythm going when you have to split touches between three talented backs.

I don't know. Maybe they turn it around, but right now, they aren't even close to being a playoff team.

My little rant here......

1) How did they not call forward progress on the play where Roy Williams got stripped???? That was three or four seconds long easily........Aikman/Buck didn't even comment on it.
    2) Who's the jackass that called the first onside kick after the punt return? Way to kill all of the momentum and give them great field advantage.
    3) We have three great backs....but can't do shit with any of them. This 3 headed system seems to have lost its spark....

1. Well, I was going to mention that but I didn't want to gripe about officiating. However, that was a blatant missed call. Especially when the called the Cowboys for a late hit earlier in the game on Brooking when he hit a guy after the his forward progress was "stopped".
    2. Wade. And Bueller fucked it up.
    3. Agree. I didn't agree with this before but I see now. There is no flow. One of them needs to be traded.

Oh, and run the damn ball!! What is up with the 51 pass plays?? This should not be a pass-wacky team. Garrett has too many weapons. He can't make up his mind. Throwing 51 times isn't going to win games.
    Post edited by Flagg on
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    I can't believe that you people are giving up in week 2. Gimme a break. There is a ton of football to be played and the Boys are just getting started! We will bounce back and go 1-2 before the bye. That might be enough to be tied for the division lead. The NFC East is crappy this year...
    going 0-2 in your conference isn't exactly the way a super bowl contending team is supposed to play. just cause the nfc east is crappy doesn't mean we have to play like crap too. this team is gonna be 0-3 after the houston game. houston would love nothing more then to stick it to dallas. what pisses me off even more is i just ordered a new cowboys hat and they play like shit.

I haven't given up yet. Lots of chaos so far. Look at the Giants and Philly. Both are very inconsistent. The Patriots got blown. The Dolphins are undefeated. The Vikings are 0-2. KC is undefeated. Too much chaos to give up now.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    metsfan wrote:

Bears are just that awesome :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    as for Roy Williams, he wasn't wrapped up, and Roy was still fighting for yardage. Peanut, as he is known to do, punched the ball out yet again. He's got the best ball jab in the NFL.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    crazypjfan wrote:

I agree the NFC East isn't very good, but lose to Houston and this season is over. What frustrates me is its the same mistakes game in, game out. They supposedly have all these weapons yet Garrett can not figure out how to use them. I still say all the problems lie right a Jerry Jone's feet, he needs to step back and let Philips coach and the head coach and if that means Dez starts over Williams so be it, if that means he tells Garrett to stick with the run so be it, but I know that won't happen till they cart Jones off to the old age home.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:

I like your vote of confidence for next week! Maybe you should return the hat cuz you probably won't wear it unless the Cowboys win.
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:

I haven't given up yet. Lots of chaos so far. Look at the Giants and Philly. Both are very inconsistent. The Patriots got blown. The Dolphins are undefeated. The Vikings are 0-2. KC is undefeated. Too much chaos to give up now.
    Ill take a triple cheeseburger....a GIANT bag of onion rings...

And a small diet coke, no ice.......

hehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

I like your vote of confidence for next week! Maybe you should return the hat cuz you probably won't wear it unless the Cowboys win.

fraudulent. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:

hehehehehe

well, YOU GOTTA have a diet coke with that dinner :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Newman. wrote:
    as for Roy Williams, he wasn't wrapped up, and Roy was still fighting for yardage. Peanut, as he is known to do, punched the ball out yet again. He's got the best ball jab in the NFL.

You're a right Williams wasn't wrapped up and the Bears are not a terrible team, they played solid D and opportunist O. What the Bears did was make plays on Defense and Offense, that's what the Cowboys are failing to do is make plays and when they got momentum they made mistakes, either dumb penalties, a horrible onside and turning the ball over.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    wow...didnt think they would get off to an 0-2 start. Maybe a big win against Houston will get them going. Hey the vaGiants started 0-2 the year they won the SB.

Felix needs the ball more as does Bryant
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    wow...didnt think they would get off to an 0-2 start. Maybe a big win against Houston will get them going. Hey the vaGiants started 0-2 the year they won the SB.

Felix needs the ball more as does Bryant

I agree, more Felix, more Bryant and less Williams.

• Options
    Flagg wrote:

hehehehehe

Deal. 8-)
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

no I don't have any confidence going into next week when you got one of your star defensive players say they aren't pumped up for games and a coach that shouldn't be a coach and a qb that's overrated and isn't a leader.

Maybe I ordered it over da weekened

Maybe you shouldn't ASSume things

• Options
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

no martz and cutler were really good yesterday. I believe I said on page 4 of this thread that the bears are gonna be better then people expect

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

no martz and cutler were really good yesterday. I believe I said on page 4 of this thread that the bears are gonna be better then people expect

you have them going 4-12 and 9-7 depending on post.

i've had them anywhere from 10-6 during training camp and 5-11 during the preseason
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Haven't visited this thread in a while so I just read through the pages of Cowgirl fans telling us how good they're going to be. All I can say is.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Here's link you guys may want to use... http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hating ... 21?ref=sgm
    #FHP
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,477
    Hey Cowboys - thanks for knocking a lot of people out of my Survivor Pool. :lol::D :thumbup:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

you have them going 4-12 and 9-7 depending on post.

i've had them anywhere from 10-6 during training camp and 5-11 during the preseason

go jets

:lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    The Wade Phillips era should have ended a few years ago
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Options
    Jimmy Johnson: Turnovers and penalties have plagued Cowboys for years under Wade Phillips

09:43 AM CDT on Wednesday, September 22, 2010

SportsDayDFW.com

Retired coach Jimmy Johnson blasted his former team Monday in a column for Fox Sports.

Johnson said the turnovers and penalties the Cowboys had in Sunday's 27-20 loss to Chicago are the same problems they have been having for the past three or four years under Wade Phillips.

"They got away from this negative stuff some last season. Still, penalties and inopportune turnovers have killed them in the crucial games," he wrote. "Until they cut back on these penalties and turnovers, they are going to have a problem."

Johnson is pretty accurate in his assessment.

Through two games, the Cowboys (0-2) rank sixth-worst in the NFL with 18 penalties. Oakland (1-1) leads the league with 22. The Cowboys are also fourth-worst in turnover differential at minus-4.

"It’s almost as if the Cowboys think they are so talented it is not a big deal, all these mistakes," Johnson wrote. "They better start realizing all the teams in this league have some talent."

Johnson said the Cowboys are still one of the most talented teams in the league, and he puts the pressure on Phillips to fix these problems.

"There are certain coaches who can coach teams into correcting mistakes," he wrote. "This stuff has to be corrected."

This is somewhat what I expected that the Cowboys are a poorly coached team. If they don't win Sunday it's lights out after only 3 games. I used to give Jerry Jones the benefit of the doubt, not anymore, the only time since he's owned this team have they had a collection of really good talent was when Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcell's were running the show. It's unfortunate that Bill left when he did, he could have taken the Cowboy's to the Super Bowl In Bum I mean Wade's first year. Jones needs to put his ego aside and bring in real football people. The last 2 drafts have produced hardly any serviceable NFL players, Bryant and Lee seem to be it so far. The training camps are a joke, it should be an open competition for many jobs, instead they basically hand Barber the starting running back spot, Williams the number 2 receiver spot, Beuler the kickers spot and how many other spots are just handed to players on this team, players should earn their role on this team. I suspect if the receivers were in an open competition Crayton would be number 2 and if Dez had been healthy he would have been number 2. I suspect as these players get older and Jones refuses to set his ego aside 5-11 and 4-12 seasons will return soon enough. I hope I am wrong and they beat Houston. End Of Rant.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    never a good sign when an owner has to give a coach a public vote of confidence:

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/ne ... id=5611019
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    I think the team has a lot of potential. That being said I don't have a lot of confidence in the coaching staff. As painful as it would be to see it might be better to miss the playoffs so Wade can get fired.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Just thought id write and say DALLAS STINKS .....thanks
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    Just thought id write and say DALLAS STINKS .....thanks

Not as bad as that avatar you got there:) jk

C'mon Boys, let's roll the Texans and get back to playing Cowboy football!!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Since they don't have a thread...

Go TEXANS!!! ;)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Since they don't have a thread...

Go TEXANS!!! ;)

:P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg