**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    crazypjfan wrote:
    They played well when it counted and won, didn't they? The cowboys seem to play down to their opponents, making it a close game. However, they can play up to the level of any team in the league. Sure, they can beat anybody, but I'm just not sure what team will show up.

Keep talking smack about the cowboys and how you think they aren't that good. This shitty cowboys team happens to have a 3 game lead over an even shittier team and franchise in their division.

playing down to the competition is a sign of a team that is not very good man. the only good team they played "up" to and beat was the 49ers way back in week 2. they lost to, literally, every other winning team they played.

and this isn't talking smack at all. the eagles obviously stink. the whole division stinks.

You are right about that...it seems like no team wants to take control.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    This was a tough loss...just so many stupid mistakes.

But calling that timeout...just unbelievable.

The D, well even though their not allowing many point still looks very, very shaky.

The O needs Austin back.

A tough 1 next week...we'll see what happens...I can see 9-7 winning the nfc east.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    "I was glad they iced their kicker so I didn't have to." - Ken Whisenhunt
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Garrett is so lucky i'm not jerry jones cause i'd fire his ass after winning the dunce of the year award
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I don't even know what to say. They have the lowest football IQ in the league. Let's break down that final drive shall we?

Romo starts off with a 13 yard completion to Jesse Holley. Yay! We're in business.

Romo completes a 1 yard loss completion to Jason Witten. Whatever.

Two Minute Warning.

Romo completes a 10 yard pass to Kevin Ogletree. Nice!

Romo sneaks for 1 yard for the 1st down. The play is reviewed and upheld.

False Start on Montrae Holland. Really? REALLY? At that crucial moment?

Romo throws incomplete for Laurent Robinson.

Delay of Game on Cowboys. WTF? Really? Everyone is bitching about the iced kicker, but how do you have false starts and then a delay of game in the final few seconds when you have timeouts to burn? It was bad before the icing.

Romo completes a 9 yard pass to Dez Bryant.

Romo completes a 15 yard pass to Dez Bryant. Beauty!

Romo clocks the ball - with 2 timeouts in his pocket!! Again, WTF?! You had 24 seconds. You could have run a couple of plays to get closer! Romo claims later he didn't know if it was a 1st down completion or not so he wanted to stop the clock, but that makes no sense because he immediately called for clocking the ball after Bryant went down. If it wasn't a completion for a 1st down, Romo would have clocked the ball on 4th down thereby giving the ball away so his explanation makes zero sense. What is he, an idiot? How can you not know what down it is? Again! Romo has had this issue before. Unreal.

Bailey lines up the kick and Garrett calls timeout, effectively icing his own kicker. The kick is, of course, good. I don't even know what to say. Yes, the other coaches told him to call it but he is the goddamn head coach!! He should know better.

Bailey misses from 49 yards. Of course.

OT

Defensive meltdown of epic fucking proportions. Fuck you Rob Ryan.

That in a nutshell is why this is the stupidest football team I have ever seen.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    Flagg wrote:
    I don't even know what to say. They have the lowest football IQ in the league. Let's break down that final drive shall we?

Romo starts off with a 13 yard completion to Jesse Holley. Yay! We're in business.

Romo completes a 1 yard loss completion to Jason Witten. Whatever.

Two Minute Warning.

Romo completes a 10 yard pass to Kevin Ogletree. Nice!

Delay of Game on Cowboys. WTF? Really? Everyone is bitching about the iced kicker, but how do you have false starts and then a delay of game in the final few seconds when you have timeouts to burn? It was bad before the icing.

Romo completes a 9 yard pass to Dez Bryant.

Romo completes a 15 yard pass to Dez Bryant. Beauty!

Romo clocks the ball - with 2 timeouts in his pocket!! Again, WTF?! You had 24 seconds. You could have run a couple of plays to get closer! Romo claims later he didn't know if it was a 1st down completion or not so he wanted to stop the clock, but that makes no sense because he immediately called for clocking the ball after Bryant went down. If it wasn't a completion for a 1st down, Romo would have clocked the ball on 4th down thereby giving the ball away so his explanation makes zero sense. What is he, an idiot? How can you not know what down it is? Again! Romo has had this issue before. Unreal.

Bailey lines up the kick and Garrett calls timeout, effectively icing his own kicker. The kick is, of course, good. I don't even know what to say. Yes, the other coaches told him to call it but he is the goddamn head coach!! He should know better.

Bailey misses from 49 yards. Of course.

OT

Defensive meltdown of epic fucking proportions. Fuck you Rob Ryan.

That in a nutshell is why this is the stupidest football team I have ever seen.

All of this is true, and the sad thing is I think their football IQ has actually increased from what it was under Wade Phillips. There has been some awful football played this year. Can we just skip the next month and go to Saints at Packers in the NFC championship game?
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    Flagg wrote:

especially after being given the gift of the clock stopping for the review :x

in theory, a time to take a deep breath and get your shit together.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • That drive was hilarious. Nice of the Boys to give us something to enjoy this season. ;)

Larod Stevens HOWLING.

gray_wolf_montana_400x285.jpg
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Drew Pearson kind of went off on Jason Garrett last night on his TV show. I didn't see the interview with Garrett that Pearson was referring to, I tuned in right after they showed it and Drew started opining, but apparently Garrett didn't really own up to the mistake, said he called the time out because he didn't think they were going to get set for the kick. Drew stuck up for Bailey who was blaming himself and basically said that if the players are man enough to admit to their mistakes then the coach must also. It was a long speech about leading by example, how Garrett might have lost the respect of his players, etc.

I have one word of advice for Garrett...

When somebody with an afro like this speaks...you listen
    75DPearson.jpg

I saw an interview with Romo that wasn't much better. He did say the whole team made too many mistakes, but he finished it off by saying "it all came down to one kick", which is basically saddling Bailey with the loss. It all came down to mismanagement. And even if you don't want to blame the offense or the coaches for a lack of scoring and the mismanagement, it really all came down to a defensive breakdown in OT.
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Here is my beef: when Dallas punted on 4th and less than 1 from the Cardinals 40 yd line with around 4 minutes left to play. It's an overlooked decision now, but I wish this team would have the balls to go out and grab a win (not timidly put the ball into the other teams' hands and hope it works out). They could have pounded Murray through and potentially put together a game winning TD drive. Take a cue from the Patriots and just beat the shit out of the other team.
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    UpSideDown wrote:
    Here is my beef: when Dallas punted on 4th and less than 1 from the Cardinals 40 yd line with around 4 minutes left to play. It's an overlooked decision now, but I wish this team would have the balls to go out and grab a win (not timidly put the ball into the other teams' hands and hope it works out). They could have pounded Murray through and potentially put together a game winning TD drive. Take a cue from the Patriots and just beat the shit out of the other team.

agree 100%
    UpSideDown wrote:

i agree as well

Drew Pearson kind of went off on Jason Garrett last night on his TV show. I didn't see the interview with Garrett that Pearson was referring to, I tuned in right after they showed it and Drew started opining, but apparently Garrett didn't really own up to the mistake, said he called the time out because he didn't think they were going to get set for the kick. Drew stuck up for Bailey who was blaming himself and basically said that if the players are man enough to admit to their mistakes then the coach must also. It was a long speech about leading by example, how Garrett might have lost the respect of his players, etc.

I have one word of advice for Garrett...

When somebody with an afro like this speaks...you listen
    75DPearson.jpg

I saw an interview with Romo that wasn't much better. He did say the whole team made too many mistakes, but he finished it off by saying "it all came down to one kick", which is basically saddling Bailey with the loss. It all came down to mismanagement. And even if you don't want to blame the offense or the coaches for a lack of scoring and the mismanagement, it really all came down to a defensive breakdown in OT.

I think we could go on all day about only if we did this different...to me the bottom line is this team just isn't good enough to overcome constant mistakes. As for Garrett I think he's getting better as a head coach...I Didn't think this team would contend for a playoff this season, so I'm a little surprised that they are in contention.

Personally I think we'll have a better idea next season if this team is going places...I would say if Garrett can duplicate last off season, then we might have something to talk about.

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    UpSideDown wrote:
    They would run some cutesy play to Felix on the outside for a 2 yard loss. :x :x :lol::lol:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:

chicago was playing with a guy named hanie as their qb.
    detroit played the best team in the universe.
    the cowboys struggled to beat a shitty dolphins team at home.
    Chicago will probably finish the season with that guy named Hanie as their QB...Matt Forte is looking like he is suffering from over-use...the Lions still have to play the best team in the Universe in an away game....and Suh is sitting for two games...they are losing running backs like nobody's business...and Stafford has become an interception machine
    :lol:

alright dude. the cowboys struggled to beat one of the worst teams in the league last week.
    Forte out 2-6 weeks
    Detroit loses again......"It's been years since I've seen a team as undisciplined and as angry as Detroit." Peter King
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    crazypjfan wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:

agree 100%
    I disagree...everything worked out great...until they fucked it up in the last 26 seconds.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    tybird, Juggler, what are you guys talking about again? Whether Dallas is better than Chicago and Detroit?

On a side note, do any of you watch "The Dallas Cowboys Post Game Show" (presented by the Dallas Cowboys) with Babe Laufenberg? I've only seen it once or twice, but I caught it last night, and it was hilarious. I guess since it's presented by the Cowboys they have to be homers, but I've never seen a post game show that was so whitewashed. If you hadn't seen the game and just watched that, you would have thought the Cowboys had won. Everybody they interviewed had a "great game", got an "A+ Grade", etc. They didn't even mention that the Cowboys lost until after the second commercial break, and even then they didn't really say it, they kind of let it slip out while asking one of the Cowboys players what it was like to play in overtime games and worded it kind of like "You've played in 3 overtime games and won all of them, except for this one, what.....".

I don't know if other teams have post game shows like that, I'm sure some do, so I'm not ragging on the Cowboys alone, I just found it pretty humorous.
    tybird, Juggler, what are you guys talking about again? Whether Dallas is better than Chicago and Detroit?

On a side note, do any of you watch "The Dallas Cowboys Post Game Show" (presented by the Dallas Cowboys) with Babe Laufenberg? I've only seen it once or twice, but I caught it last night, and it was hilarious. I guess since it's presented by the Cowboys they have to be homers, but I've never seen a post game show that was so whitewashed. If you hadn't seen the game and just watched that, you would have thought the Cowboys had won. Everybody they interviewed had a "great game", got an "A+ Grade", etc. They didn't even mention that the Cowboys lost until after the second commercial break, and even then they didn't really say it, they kind of let it slip out while asking one of the Cowboys players what it was like to play in overtime games and worded it kind of like "You've played in 3 overtime games and won all of them, except for this one, what.....".

I don't know if other teams have post game shows like that, I'm sure some do, so I'm not ragging on the Cowboys alone, I just found it pretty humorous.
    Nah....just showing the evidence behind my original statements....at this rate, there will only be one play-off team coming out of the NFC North
    tybird wrote:
    Nah....just showing the evidence behind my original statements....at this rate, there will only be one play-off team coming out of the NFC North

I didn't know what the original statement was, and couldn't remember what this conversation was all about even though I was in it at one point. The NFC North was a hell of a division before Cutler and Forte got hurt, and Detroit started imploding. Minnesota was the only weak team. Although Detroit and Dallas currently have the same record, so you can't say they're that much of a dog. And Detroit has been losing to good teams and Dallas has lost to some dogs (Philadelphia, Arizona, and apparently Detroit) and Detroit lost to the Packers, Saints, Bears (when they were healthy), San Francisco and Atlanta. Atlanta being the weakest of those teams, but still have a 7-5 record. They are also the only team to beat Tebow, although I don't put a whole lot of weight in that, I think he's just lucky as hell.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    tybird wrote:

ha...well my original point was that the cowboys are not that good either. they proved it again yesterday.

what we've learned here, gentlemen, is that not only does the nfc east stink; the whole conference, save the pack, stinks........which, also to my original point, makes me even more mad that the birds shit the bed this year.
    www.myspace.com
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240

what we've learned here, gentlemen, is that not only does the nfc east stink; the whole conference, save the pack, stinks.

I might not be sold on the niners yet but the saints look amazing, Brees has been playing better than Rodgers the past few weeks :o yeah I said it
    RiotZact wrote:

what we've learned here, gentlemen, is that not only does the nfc east stink; the whole conference, save the pack, stinks.

I might not be sold on the niners yet but the saints look amazing, Brees has been playing better than Rodgers the past few weeks :o yeah I said it

how could i have forgotten the saints?!

yeah 2 teams. the niners could be scary with their defense though.
    www.myspace.com
    imalive wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:

agree 100%
    I disagree...everything worked out great...until they fucked it up in the last 26 seconds.

Really? Time management is huge. With 30 seconds and two timeouts, they could have gotten a little closer for the final fg. Everything about the ending was fucked up..
    crazypjfan wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    agree 100%

Really? Time management is huge. With 30 seconds and two timeouts, they could have gotten a little closer for the final fg. Everything about the ending was fucked up..

clearly, garrett conferred with andy reid via text message in the final minutes of regulation there.
    www.myspace.com
    crazypjfan wrote:
    imalive wrote:

clearly, garrett conferred with andy reid via text message in the final minutes of regulation there.

That did look very familiar to Andy's style..
    crazypjfan wrote:
    [quote="imalive"}

clearly, garrett conferred with andy reid via text message in the final minutes of regulation there.[/quote]
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:8-)
  • That in a nutshell is why this is the stupidest football team I have ever seen.[/quote]

Agree 100%. Did not see the game - instead saw GB turn UP the intensity/execution to zip down the field in the last 58 seconds for the winning FG. The bumbling Cowboys are incapable of such precision. It's mandatory that they have a penalty or two, bad clock management, quesitonable play calling, etc.

All Garrett's talk about being good in "all three phases" apparently doesn't include coaching decisions and time management.

Cowboys o-line isn't good enough to do much this year. I know that. I'm just hoping they can 'get in' to the playoffs and who knows what can happen after that. But bottom line is they are not going to return to elite status with Garrett in a dual role (HC and Off. Coord.) and Jerry making personnel decisions.
    I won't be surprised at all if the boys lose both games to the ginas :x

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

dude....are you a cowboys fan?

how have i not been aware of this?
    www.myspace.com
    imalive wrote:

dude....are you a cowboys fan?

how have i not been aware of this?
    I am...have been forever.

never been as hard core as my baseball allegiance. prior to 2010, I always said I'd gladly trade all 5 SB's for one WS.

these days, it's hard to get behind this team. I don't see myself as fair weather, but right now this team is just infuriating (and has been for years). of course, you wouldn't know about infuriating teams ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16