**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Good article on Romo. This is the stuff people fail to see while they focus on the negatives. Enjoy.

Cowboys QB Tony Romo has helped young offensive line grow

With no offseason for its players to undergo the gradual transition usually required in the face of sweeping changes, Cowboys management took a considerable gamble when it went forward with a plan to overhaul the team's aging offensive line.

Discarding three veterans and relying upon a collection of less-experienced replacements could have allowed a recipe for disaster to materialize.

But head coach Jason Garrett knew he had Tony Romo, an athletic quarterback who could mask the flaws of an offensive line that needed to grow and congeal.

Since he burst on the scene as Dallas' starter in 2006, Romo has mastered the art of making plays when protection breaks down. According to ProFootballFocus.com, he has proven to be the sixth-most accurate passer when placed under duress this season.

That Romo has performed so well under pressure is impressive considering there was fear entering this season he would be skittish after fracturing his left collarbone last year during a devastating hit that caused him to miss the final 10 games.

In spite of the injury, Romo has continued to play with the same fearlessness he always has.

His ability to dodge defenders and make impactful throws has helped the Cowboys win games this season. But it also allowed an offensive line to stabilize and develop in the way Garrett and the Cowboys' management envisioned when they ushered in a youth movement last summer.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Well that was written by a Dallas Morning News columnist who follows the Cowboys, aka, a homer. Like almost every other beat writer around here who covers the Cowboys he has to blow sunshine up their ass. Only the editorial writers who don't depend on the Cowboys front office for media credentials get to say whatever they want.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Well that was written by a Dallas Morning News columnist who follows the Cowboys, aka, a homer. Like almost every other beat writer around here who covers the Cowboys he has to blow sunshine up their ass. Only the editorial writers who don't depend on the Cowboys front office for media credentials get to say whatever they want.

hahaha! i love this guy :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com

:lol:

It's true though, I used to have a neighbor who was a sports writer for the Ft. Worth Star Telegram. He mainly covered the Stars, and sometimes the Rangers, but they called on him to cover the Cowboys a few times. After one game he turned in a critical (he claimed it wasn't TOO bad) article and was told that they couldn't run it. He wasn't a big enough name to say shit like that and he would likely not be able to get press credentials again.

No kidding...the article was spot on for a change so i shared it. Whats your point? Who's your team?

You already know this, bud. You post the same type of Eagles articles from local papers.
    crazypjfan wrote:
    No kidding...the article was spot on for a change so i shared it. Whats your point? Who's your team?

Packers
    crazypjfan wrote:

You already know this, bud. You post the same type of Eagles articles from local papers.

i do?
    www.myspace.com
    crazypjfan wrote:

Packers

Ok, so you have reason to talk. Your team is playing ridiculous right now.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    crazypjfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

Packers

If Pittsburgh get to the SB against the pack and Troy P is playing, I think Pittsburgh might win. Pittsburgh plays exceptional D, something the packers probably haven't seen all year.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    crazypjfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

Packers

Not ridiculous enough for my liking. They worry me. They are not as consistent as their record would have you believe. Especially on defense, sometimes they show up, sometimes they don't. They almost let San Diego of all people come back and beat them, the first game against Minnesota was closer than it SHOULD have been (GB won by 6) and a few other things. Just about every game, save a few, has set off some alarm bells in one department or the other.

I won't lie, seeing that 1.000 winning percentage every week makes me smile, but I kind of wish they would lose one of these games that way they don't go into the playoffs with all the pressure and media bullshit (not to mention the bullshit the '72 Dolphins will dish out) of a perfect season and just worry about winning the Super Bowl. I would love them to have a perfect season, but the main thing is just to get to Indianapolis and win. This is not a perfect team, and I'd rather have them get their "off" game out of the way before the post-season. As the Patriots found out, a perfect regular season doesn't mean shit if you don't win the final game.

I can see the Giants maybe stepping up after what happened to them Monday night. Not to mention that Eli only seems to play well when I don't want him to, and plays terrible when I want him to play well. He's my official NFL cock-block.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Well said SatansFuton, I would like us to lose one of these next 3 games just to take some pressure off, but if we are 14-0 then I say tear the shit outta the bears and lions cus Lovie did it to us last year when he had the 2 spot clinched and the lions because they are the dirtiest mother fuckers in the league and I really don't want them to have the pleasure of being in the playoffs
    RiotZact wrote:
    and the lions because they are the dirtiest mother fuckers in the league and I really don't want them to have the pleasure of being in the playoffs

I agree

Not ridiculous enough for my liking. They worry me. They are not as consistent as their record would have you believe. Especially on defense, sometimes they show up, sometimes they don't. They almost let San Diego of all people come back and beat them, the first game against Minnesota was closer than it SHOULD have been (GB won by 6) and a few other things. Just about every game, save a few, has set off some alarm bells in one department or the other.

I won't lie, seeing that 1.000 winning percentage every week makes me smile, but I kind of wish they would lose one of these games that way they don't go into the playoffs with all the pressure and media bullshit (not to mention the bullshit the '72 Dolphins will dish out) of a perfect season and just worry about winning the Super Bowl. I would love them to have a perfect season, but the main thing is just to get to Indianapolis and win. This is not a perfect team, and I'd rather have them get their "off" game out of the way before the post-season. As the Patriots found out, a perfect regular season doesn't mean shit if you don't win the final game.

I can see the Giants maybe stepping up after what happened to them Monday night. Not to mention that Eli only seems to play well when I don't want him to, and plays terrible when I want him to play well. He's my official NFL cock-block.

It's nice to have that kin of worry though. I have to worry about the Boys collapsing in Dec.
    crazypjfan wrote:

It's nice to have that kin of worry though. I have to worry about the Boys collapsing in Dec.

Well, if they do at least you can look forward to the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders in their sexy Christmas outfits...

cowboys-cheerleaders-christmas-halftime-line-thumb7537847.jpg
    crazypjfan wrote:

Well, if they do at least you can look forward to the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders in their sexy Christmas outfits...

cowboys-cheerleaders-christmas-halftime-line-thumb7537847.jpg

That group just might be able to beat the other teams in our division. Maybe we should send them out there! :lol:
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    tybird wrote:

chicago was playing with a guy named hanie as their qb.
    detroit played the best team in the universe.
    the cowboys struggled to beat a shitty dolphins team at home.
    Chicago will probably finish the season with that guy named Hanie as their QB...Matt Forte is looking like he is suffering from over-use...the Lions still have to play the best team in the Universe in an away game....and Suh is sitting for two games...they are losing running backs like nobody's business...and Stafford has become an interception machine
    :lol:

alright dude. the cowboys struggled to beat one of the worst teams in the league last week.
    Miami 34 Oakland 14
    Kansas City 10 Chicago 3
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Good job by Jason Garrett, icing his own kicker.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:

Jones looks pissed. If Dallas wins it will be forgotten, if they lose Garrett won't be able to live that down for quite some time.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jimed14 wrote:

Jones looks pissed. If Dallas wins it will be forgotten, if they lose Garrett won't be able to live that down for quite some time.

They also completely mismanaged the clock ... completed a pass to the 35 with about 25-30 seconds left ... ran up to the line and wasted 15-20 seconds trying to down the ball ......... with two time outs left.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Oh my
    jimed14 wrote:
    Should be a fire-able offense.....beyond stupid :sick:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Apparently the kicking coach was telling him to take it, for whatever reason. But Garret should have just told him to go fuck himself.
    tybird wrote:

Apparently the kicking coach was telling him to take it, for whatever reason. But Garret should have just told him to go fuck himself.
    Both should go then......why wait to the very last second and make him kick it.....dumb asses :x
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    omg, that was brutal end of game mgmt by Garrett. How do you not take a timeout with 30 seconds left and try to get closer?? And then you ice your own kicker? I thought people who went to Princeton were intelligent. Dallas has a hard enough time winning games, they don't need their coach making things even more difficult on them.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    Someone said it earlier. Trap. Game.

I feel better about it after seeing the Ginas lose those. It's going to be a great matchup next week!
    crazypjfan wrote:
    They played well when it counted and won, didn't they? The cowboys seem to play down to their opponents, making it a close game. However, they can play up to the level of any team in the league. Sure, they can beat anybody, but I'm just not sure what team will show up.

Keep talking smack about the cowboys and how you think they aren't that good. This shitty cowboys team happens to have a 3 game lead over an even shittier team and franchise in their division.

playing down to the competition is a sign of a team that is not very good man. the only good team they played "up" to and beat was the 49ers way back in week 2. they lost to, literally, every other winning team they played.

and this isn't talking smack at all. the eagles obviously stink. the whole division stinks.
    www.myspace.com
    I've been watching ESPN News hoping to see highlights from the Cowboys game and hear what Jason Garrett has to say, but they are just showing the highlights/interviews/discussion of the Packers game and the Broncos game like it's on a fucking loop. We get it, the Packers are undefeated and that's a big story, and Tebow is a big story, but there were other games. I don't think ESPN wants to talk about anything except Packers and Broncos.

Normally one (if not 2 or 3) of the local stations have a Cowboys post-game with interviews and the like, but not today. I'd really like to hear what Jason has to say about it. He looked absolutely deflated after that.
    crazypjfan wrote:
    They played well when it counted and won, didn't they? The cowboys seem to play down to their opponents, making it a close game. However, they can play up to the level of any team in the league. Sure, they can beat anybody, but I'm just not sure what team will show up.

Keep talking smack about the cowboys and how you think they aren't that good. This shitty cowboys team happens to have a 3 game lead over an even shittier team and franchise in their division.

playing down to the competition is a sign of a team that is not very good man. the only good team they played "up" to and beat was the 49ers way back in week 2. they lost to, literally, every other winning team they played.

and this isn't talking smack at all. the eagles obviously stink. the whole division stinks.
    The division was 0-4 this week....it's possible that you are correct
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    dougfloyd wrote:
    omg, that was brutal end of game mgmt by Garrett. How do you not take a timeout with 30 seconds left and try to get closer?? And then you ice your own kicker? I thought people who went to Princeton were intelligent. Dallas has a hard enough time winning games, they don't need their coach making things even more difficult on them.

beyond idiotic :x

but, really, the cowboys have seemed like a panicky team since....I don't know.....troy retired.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16