**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Dallas needs to win the division. Wild card equals doom.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    crazypjfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    We as fans got to quit blaming Romo for everything on offense that goes wrong.

This team just need to plug some holes...

I agree with both of these statements. Most people place the blame on Romo because he's an easy target, but the receivers(Dez in particular) need to run better routes.

Here's an interesting thought: Win against Arizona next week, Giants lose to the Aints and the Pack. Bam! we play the Giants in what might prove to be the clincher for this division.

But....the D needs to pick up the pace or all this will be for naught because we'll get steamrolled by the Pack in the playoffs...

The only really good consistant route runners are Austin and Witten, with Austin out teams have been able to concentrate on Witten, Robinson has been getting better, but I wonder if the playbook is limited with him not coming aboard till September. Bryant needs to get a lot better, he can be great wide receiver just lacks the effort.

Just hoping Austin returns real soon.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    UpSideDown wrote:

Well there in a real good position to win the division.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    lukin2006 wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:

they wont get a bye.

i could see detroit, chicago (with cutler back), or even atlanta going down there and beating dallas.
    www.myspace.com
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    lukin2006 wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:

they wont get a bye.

i could see detroit, chicago (with cutler back), or even atlanta going down there and beating dallas.

No, I am not expecting them to get a bye. And I think they can beat either Chicago or Atlanta but wouldn't be surprised at them losing either. Such is the way of the NFL when you have a mediocre team that is sometimes above average.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    lukin2006 wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:

they wont get a bye.

Detroit and Chicago need to play a lot better than this past week in order to make the play-offs.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    tybird wrote:
    Detroit and Chicago need to play a lot better than this past week in order to make the play-offs.

They (Detroit) beat the Cowboys.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    tybird wrote:

That was yesterday......might beat the Cowboys if they played again....but, I believe that they have lost more lately than they have won
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Giants/Saints game shaping up nicely.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    tybird wrote:
    tybird wrote:

That was yesterday......might beat the Cowboys if they played again....but, I believe that they have lost more lately than they have won

True, but unlike Dallas they haven't been playing a Mickey Mouse schedule. Their losses came to Green Bay, Chicago, San Francisco and Atlanta. All winning teams. Dallas has just been beating up on weak teams the last month or so. Dallas are playing in arguably the worst division in the league this year, Detroit in arguably the best.

Dallas' Opponents Record This Season: 58-65
    Detroit's Opponents Record This Season: 67-54
    tybird wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

they wont get a bye.

chicago was playing with a guy named hanie as their qb.
    detroit played the best team in the universe.
    the cowboys struggled to beat a shitty dolphins team at home.
    www.myspace.com
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453

They played well when it counted and won, didn't they? The cowboys seem to play down to their opponents, making it a close game. However, they can play up to the level of any team in the league. Sure, they can beat anybody, but I'm just not sure what team will show up.

Keep talking smack about the cowboys and how you think they aren't that good. This shitty cowboys team happens to have a 3 game lead over an even shittier team and franchise in their division.
    crazypjfan wrote:

They played well when it counted and won, didn't they? The cowboys seem to play down to their opponents, making it a close game. However, they can play up to the level of any team in the league. Sure, they can beat anybody, but I'm just not sure what team will show up.

Keep talking smack about the cowboys and how you think they aren't that good. This shitty cowboys team happens to have a 3 game lead over an even shittier team and franchise in their division.

playing down to the competition is a sign of a team that is not very good man. the only good team they played "up" to and beat was the 49ers way back in week 2. they lost to, literally, every other winning team they played.

and this isn't talking smack at all. the eagles obviously stink. the whole division stinks.
    www.myspace.com
    This is like 5th grade...my team is less shittier than your team :lol::lol::lol:. Bottom line, in order to win it all you must make the playoffs...if we get Austin and Jenkins back healthy I think we improve greatly and who knows how things will play out from there.

No matter what happens from here on out...I consider this Cowboy season a success just in the fact for the first time since the Johnson was here we are seeing the emergence of a lot of young talent...if next off season can be like this past off season for Garrett we'll be a team to reckon with in the years to come.

The D seems to have regressed...hopefully with Jenkins back it will play better.

playing down to the competition is a sign of a team that is not very good man. the only good team they played "up" to and beat was the 49ers way back in week 2. they lost to, literally, every other winning team they played.

The funny thing is, this Cowboys team should be 10-1 with the only loss coming to your Eagles! Jets, Lions and Patriots games should have been won.

And I do agree on the whole division being worse this year than in previous years, but someone has to win it. At that point, anything can happen in the playoffs and you know that.
    crazypjfan wrote:
    anything can happen in the playoffs and you know that.

It's true. ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs...

dallas-cowboys-rofl.gif
    crazypjfan wrote:

dallas-cowboys-rofl.gif

Don't think I ever saw that one. What year was that?
    crazypjfan wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

dallas-cowboys-rofl.gif

Don't think I ever saw that one. What year was that?

I don't know if you're being sarcastic/joking, or if you're seriously asking, it's hard to tell in type. I think you're probably joking since that moment is etched into most Cowboy fans brains, but if you're seriously asking it was 2007.
    I just love how Romo's mistakes are pointed out...like he's the only QB that has made mistakes...yet the last 2 weeks he lead game winning drives...sometimes the D has to step up when your QB screws...like Kansas City D did when their QB threw a couple terrible picks. In three losses this year that could have been wins the D did not step up in clutch time...the jets game, the lions game and the pats game they let those teams march down the field for winning drives, they also let Washington march down the field to tie the game up, allowed Miami a go ahead TD.

They are far from the only team to struggle against inferior teams...Pittsburgh O struggled against a KC team that is average.

As far as I'm concerned until this D can clamp down and shut teams down late in games they most likely won't go to far.

As for Romo...he's what we have...he by far the best QB we've had since Aikman...and apparently finding quality QB's seems to be an issue...plenty of teams go many years from a quality QB to many years with sub par QB's.

I'd like to see what he can do when we get a real quality D and really I don't think we've had one since the days of Mike Zimmer.

Chicago will probably finish the season with that guy named Hanie as their QB...Matt Forte is looking like he is suffering from over-use...the Lions still have to play the best team in the Universe in an away game....and Suh is sitting for two games...they are losing running backs like nobody's business...and Stafford has become an interception machine
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    :lol:

RomoDosEquis.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240

RomoDosEquis.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    crazypjfan wrote:

The funny thing is, this Cowboys team should be 10-1 with the only loss coming to your Eagles! Jets, Lions and Patriots games should have been won.

And I do agree on the whole division being worse this year than in previous years, but someone has to win it. At that point, anything can happen in the playoffs and you know that.

ha...yeah and the eagles should be 8-3 :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    tybird wrote:

Chicago will probably finish the season with that guy named Hanie as their QB...Matt Forte is looking like he is suffering from over-use...the Lions still have to play the best team in the Universe in an away game....and Suh is sitting for two games...they are losing running backs like nobody's business...and Stafford has become an interception machine

alright dude. the cowboys struggled to beat one of the worst teams in the league last week.
    www.myspace.com
    alright dude. the cowboys struggled to beat one of the worst teams in the league last week.

A guy I work with was all pumped about beating the Dolphins, and I told them they were one of the worst teams in the league. And I shit you not, he said "yeah right, they're the only team to ever have a perfect season and win the Super Bowl!!". I thought about mentioning that was like 40 years ago, and I'm sure he knew that, but it would have been pointless.

A guy I work with was all pumped about beating the Dolphins, and I told them they were one of the worst teams in the league. And I shit you not, he said "yeah right, they're the only team to ever have a perfect season and win the Super Bowl!!". I thought about mentioning that was like 40 years ago, and I'm sure he knew that, but it would have been pointless.

you should have kicked him in the nuts and then spit on him.
    www.myspace.com
    tybird wrote:

Is that all you got, Jeags. C'mon, you are clearly upset because your team is the biggest bust of the season. A win is a win and it doesn't matter how you get it. The Dolphins were hot off a 3 game winning streak but they still are NOT a good football team. At least the Cowboys are capable of beating shitty teams unlike your good ol Birds ;)
    tybird wrote:

A win is a win :twisted:
    I guess ol Romo proved that theory wrong this past Sunday, huh!

RomoDosEquis.jpg
    crazypjfan wrote:
    I guess ol Romo proved that theory wrong this past Sunday, huh!

RomoDosEquis.jpg

it only applies when he's not playing a jv high school team. :lol:
    www.myspace.com