**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Yesterday couldn't have been any better. The Redskins officially suck again. The Giants came back down to earth a little bit. And chaos reigns in Philly.

Love it.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Flagg wrote:
    Yesterday couldn't have been any better. The Redskins officially suck again. The Giants came back down to earth a little bit. And chaos reigns in Philly.

Love it.

This is great too: @Was, Mia, @Ari..
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archi ... -stil.html

Jones still not ready to declare Murray the starting running back. WTF this should be the coaches decision not yours. Pathetic ownership...Jason should be the only one talking about who's starting.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Hmmm...normally that's the coach's call, eh?

He's the only owner that makes coaches decisions. Stay. the. Fuck. Away. Jerry.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/11/cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-stil.html

Jones still not ready to declare Murray the starting running back. WTF this should be the coaches decision not yours. Pathetic ownership...Jason should be the only one talking about who's starting.
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    lukin2006 wrote:
    http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/11/cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-stil.html

+1 And what more does Murray have to do to earn the staring spot???
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    dougfloyd wrote:

Really! I mean, 600 plus yards in four games isn't enough. That would be 2,400 yards in a 16 game season! Rookie of the year(easily) if he started week 1!
    crazypjfan wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:

Really! I mean, 600 plus yards in four games isn't enough. That would be 2,400 yards in a 16 game season! Rookie of the year(easily) if he started week 1!

Still might be offensive rookie of the year...only needs a little over 300 yards for a thousand...not even Smith got a thousand in his rookie year.

Even when he was coming in as a backup he looked good...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

dougfloyd wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

nothing more...just keep doing what he's doing...the whole offense is better with him in there.

• crazypjfan wrote:

Finally Jerry makes a good call for once. What a difference a real stud NFL running back can make! Changes the whole dynamic of the offense. Don't want to get carried away here but they have a real chance to turn the season in the right direction the next few weeks. NFC East is there for the taking with 2 more games vs. NYG.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    crazypjfan wrote:

Finally Jerry makes a good call for once. What a difference a real stud NFL running back can make! Changes the whole dynamic of the offense. Don't want to get carried away here but they have a real chance to turn the season in the right direction the next few weeks. NFC East is there for the taking with 2 more games vs. NYG.

Yes, he finally gets one right, once you get past the fact that he shouldn't even be making that call. The head coach should.

But Murray has been nothing short of brilliant the last few games, which has really given Romo some breathing room.

Man I hate this. Gotta wait a week between games. There is nothing else going on. The Rangers are done, no NBA, and the Stars are OK but starting to come apart looks like.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    The DeMarco/Felix debate boils down to Jerry having to admit that he probably stretched on yet another first round pick 8-)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    D Ware! I hope you breaks that sack record. What a good guy to have on your side!

Washington Redskins DE Stephen Bowen calls Cowboys OLB DeMarcus Ware 'a freak of nature'

IRVING -- Washington Redskins defensive end Stephen Bowen said he has great respect for Cowboys outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware, one of his good friends and his teammate the first five seasons of his NFL career.

Why?

"He's a freakish athlete. I've just never seen somebody pound for pound as strong as he is," Bowen said. "He's a very smart player. He studies a lot of film. He's good at attacking people's weaknesses. He is one of the best I've ever been around."

Bowen said he and Ware became even closer this past off-season when the two trained together every day.

"Even when we trained just to see how hard he works, his work ethic and some of the things he would do during our workout, I'd be like, 'How does he do that?'" Bowen said. "Like one time, we had a plyometric exercise and we had to jump on a platform and the platform was probably like I'd say 5 feet. He had a weighted vest on. A 50-pound weighted vest and he jumped on it soft on one foot. I was like, 'That's like a freak of nature.' I've never seen anybody do anything like that. And he's a great teammate, great person. There's no negatives with DeMarcus."
  • Yes, he finally gets one right, once you get past the fact that he shouldn't even be making that call. The head coach should.

I agree. But it is what it is and I've learned to accept (but don't agree with) the organizational structure that is Jerry's Cowboys.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    crazypjfan wrote:
    D Ware! I hope you breaks that sack record. What a good guy to have on your side!
    maybe favre can come out of retirement and GIVE you the record breaker :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    crazypjfan wrote:

Washington Redskins DE Stephen Bowen calls Cowboys OLB DeMarcus Ware 'a freak of nature'

IRVING -- Washington Redskins defensive end Stephen Bowen said he has great respect for Cowboys outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware, one of his good friends and his teammate the first five seasons of his NFL career.

Why?

"He's a freakish athlete. I've just never seen somebody pound for pound as strong as he is," Bowen said. "He's a very smart player. He studies a lot of film. He's good at attacking people's weaknesses. He is one of the best I've ever been around."

Bowen said he and Ware became even closer this past off-season when the two trained together every day.

"Even when we trained just to see how hard he works, his work ethic and some of the things he would do during our workout, I'd be like, 'How does he do that?'" Bowen said. "Like one time, we had a plyometric exercise and we had to jump on a platform and the platform was probably like I'd say 5 feet. He had a weighted vest on. A 50-pound weighted vest and he jumped on it soft on one foot. I was like, 'That's like a freak of nature.' I've never seen anybody do anything like that. And he's a great teammate, great person. There's no negatives with DeMarcus."

Watched a piece that espn did on him and wife...a really great piece...he seems so genuine...one of the really good guys. I really hope he breaks the sack record as well.

Typical Cowboys...they get your hopes up with 2 solid games absolutely look fucking terrible today. Where is the running game? Have they thrown to Witten? Why is Bennett even on the field?

This team is so fing frustrating...the skins O line is supposedly a weak link of thier team, the cowboys D don't appear to be even getting close to Grossman.

Special Ed from Cranker Yankers > the Cowboys' special teams :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    so whom r u guys rooting for in the Eagles/Giants game if you lose this game to the Skins :mrgreen:;):lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I didn't start watching until Overtime, but in that short time the Redskins did every conceivable thing wrong. It's hard to believe that Shannahan actually has a Super Bowl under his belt. Why call a timeout FOR the Cowboys? Was he trying to be a gentlemen or some shit?
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    so whom r u guys rooting for in the Eagles/Giants game if you lose this game to the Skins :mrgreen:;):lol:

I would have been rootin for eagles no matter what...

I didn't start watching until Overtime, but in that short time the Redskins did every conceivable thing wrong. It's hard to believe that Shannahan actually has a Super Bowl under his belt. Why call a timeout FOR the Cowboys? Was he trying to be a gentlemen or some shit?
    The calling a time-out right before the snap on a field goal is his M.O.
    edited November 2011

It was an ugly game...what the announcers missed (i think) was on that field goal Romo was trying to call a timeout in which Dallas had none, is that not a unsportsmanlike penalty?

I thought the D was bad today...I never understood why they did not start dropping linebackers in coverage to take away the middle of the field.

A win is a win and sometimes you have to win games like this and this was Dallas vs Washington and we all know this game never plays out the way we think it will.

Edit: Romo calling timeout when none was available would have been 5 yards.
    Post edited by lukin2006 on

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    tybird wrote:

Well many coaches do it, I would say most. But not when the other team is struggling to get set, the play clock is almost run out and they are out of timeouts. If he hadn't called the timeout it would have been a delay of game penalty because Romo jumped up and called a timeout without having any. Had Shannahan been paying attention to what was going on he would have seen that the Cowboys were, at best, going to have a rushed kick. He not only gave them the opportunity to set up at their leisure, but inadvertently saved them from a penalty. Granted when he called it he didn't know Romo was going to call a timeout, but he could have seen they were rushing to get the play off with the play clock almost running out. Very dumb. Neither team looked worth a damn, but after a stupid move like that I say let the Cowboys win, if Shannahan isn't any smarter than that he doesn't deserve to break their losing streak.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    tybird wrote:

Well many coaches do it, I would say most. But not when the other team is struggling to get set, the play clock is almost run out and they are out of timeouts. If he hadn't called the timeout it would have been a delay of game penalty because Romo jumped up and called a timeout without having any. Had Shannahan been paying attention to what was going on he would have seen that the Cowboys were, at best, going to have a rushed kick. He not only gave them the opportunity to set up at their leisure, but inadvertently saved them from a penalty. Granted when he called it he didn't know Romo was going to call a timeout, but he could have seen they were rushing to get the play off with the play clock almost running out. Very dumb. Neither team looked worth a damn, but after a stupid move like that I say let the Cowboys win, if Shannahan isn't any smarter than that he doesn't deserve to break their losing streak.
    He had probably already told an official at what point he wanted to call a time-out....example: 3 seconds left on the play clock...all this before Dallas even set up for the try....you are correct....if he had been paying attention....penalty on Dallas.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    the eagles should have been way better than anyone in this whole division this year.

god damn it! :x
    www.myspace.com
    the eagles should have been way better than anyone in this whole division this year.

Why? You are what you are...at this moment your team is 3-6...you don't win divisions on paper.

I highly doubt you'll win a championship with Vick...imo

Vick had a above average year last year and turned it into a mega contract...just what a lot of athletes do...great year in last year of contract mega payday...might leave you guys with cap issues down the road.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    lukin2006 wrote:

Why? You are what you are...at this moment your team is 3-6...you don't win divisions on paper.

I highly doubt you'll win a championship with Vick...imo

Vick had a above average year last year and turned it into a mega contract...just what a lot of athletes do...great year in last year of contract mega payday...might leave you guys with cap issues down the road.

why? they're one of the worst coached teams in the league. way too much talent to be as bad as they've been. just sloppy football each and every week.

and only about 35M or 40M of vick's contract is guaranteed. they can get out of it in a couple years if need be. same thing with how they structured most of those other contracts this past summer. the eagles cap situation is never something i'll be concerned with.

just pissed with how things have gone this year. i still don't think the cowboys are that good. they'll still probably get to 10 wins with that schedule though. giants aren't world beaters either.

poop.
    www.myspace.com
    Well, you are what you I...I believe is how Bill Parcells used to phrase it. I just don't see where the eagles have that much more talent than the Giants or Cowboys.