**********2018 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Comments

• cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    I thought the first team O line looked good. That was a big concern for this year.

Felix Jones will be a good featured back this year barring any injuries.

I am not worried about our offense at all.

As far as the defense goes, I hope they can grasp Ryan's system and play to their potential(mainly Newman and Jenkins).
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    81 wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    81 wrote:
    that was a brutal drop. :lol: there was anouther play earlier in the game when somebody dropped a wide open ball. :lol: ooopsie

felix looked decent.

That was Dez Bryant. But he isn't a habitual dropper like Marty.

sounds about right. :lol: guess the mental note is, stay away from Dallas recievers on draft day

You'll be sorry if you pass on Bryant!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    crazypjfan wrote:
    You'll be sorry if you pass on Bryant!

i've had one draft and i feel fine that Bryant didn't up on my roster. Having White and Andre Jonhson will do that for you.

i'd take Miles in the 3rd and Dez in the 8th.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I know the Dream Team has stolen the media this year, but I wanted to make sure you didn't forget about America's Team ;)

Go Cowboys!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    same old tony romo.

:thumbup: :wave:
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    same old tony romo.

:lol: best was at the end when he wasn't paying attention to the snap and almost turned it over :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    tony romo fumbling hahahaha.....classic. motherfucker played 50 minutes of his best football only to suck when it mattered. Reminded me of the Steelers game in '08 in many ways, played within himself all game, then pop stupid pass to a guy who had nothing left that ended up in a pick. Maybe he trusts his teammates too much?
  • images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHuGH4D58sJq9yF7UgSPJjNhLO38ctWD152tvmGDPshnM02qJDQBxKbjd4
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    241-1-1 :lol:

guess i shouldn't laugh, but that is still a pretty impressive stat
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    same old tony romo.

Yup...totally agree...done defending this guy...all he had to do was get three points when they had the ball inside the 5 and the game is likely over....

I'll hang some of that on Garret...if you can't run the ball in from the 3 yard line when you have 3 shots at it...the team is not very good.

Time for Romo to go after this season...but Jones will keep him.

I do however think the defense played a gutsy game missing most of the starting CB.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • From listening to the various local sports commentators, and just seeing what my Cowboy fan friends have been posting on Facebook, the Tony Romo love-fest has officially ended. It's always been one thing after another with him, but they would usually apologize for him, but I think they've had enough. And the common theme in what everybody is saying is that he's been in the league too long to be fucking up like that. They let it slide, but he's 31 now, and a veteran, yet still playing like a rookie.

I think a lot of people soured on him when he sat out the entire season after his injury (I'm sure most of his sitting was valid) but for the final game of the season when they were going to be playing the Eagles, and since Philly was already in the playoffs they were going to be playing a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers, then all of the sudden Romo went from being out for the season, to being dressed out for warmups and telling the media he was ready to go. So he couldn't play through the disaster season, but when a game came along he might be able to pad his stats on he was suddenly fine and couldn't wait to go. :roll:

I've never really thought Romo was an NFL starting QB, at least not for a flagship franchise like Dallas. And his track record doesn't help matters. But the fact of the matter is that he makes the ladies swoon, and he sells a lot of jerseys, so I really don't see Jones shit-canning him.

And after that botched snap, he was laughing and grinning. That was the game, and he really didn't seem to care at all. And that "it doesn't really matter" attitude of his has got him in hot water in the past.
  • at least not for a flagship franchise like Dallas.

:lol::lol::lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    1st off - I had this game down as a loss before the season. The Jets are a solid team. It would have been nice to go up there and steal one and it hurts to be up by 14 with a chance to go up by 21 and put it away and then have dumb shit happen. Things I took away from the game:

I was happy with the Dallas defense. They were running 4th string DBs out there by the 2nd half and they preformed very well under the circumstances. Spares like McCray, Ball and Church were making plays. I like the way they mixed Sean Lee in there and rotated James and Brooking. Ware was great but wore down. Overall I was very happy with the defense because I don't think they are that great and they did a fair job with a lot of backup players.

On the coaching side of things - the ghost of Wade Phillips must be hanging around because once again they shoot themselves in the foot with stupid mistakes and weird decisions. How can you not snap the ball?! How can you get a delay of game penalty after a penalty?! You can't get the play call in with the extra time? Also 12 men in the huddle. Wade? Is that you? Is this me? WTF?

More bad coaching: 1st and goal at the 3 with a chance to ice the game - you run that shit up the gut three times. But no, on 2nd down they had that stupid gimmicky pass for no gain and then on 3rd the play breaks down and Romo fumbles their points away. Bottom line - you cannot get 1st and goal on the 3 and come away with 0. I'll get to Romo in a minute. They run three times for no gain and kick a field goal and they win that game! What the hell is wrong with NFL coaches?! The other stupid coaching decision - If Dez Bryant is injured, why is he in the fucking game at the crucial moment? And even worse, why do you call a play to him when it is painfully obvious he couldn't even run?!?! He shouldn't have even been on the field much less option 1 on that interception. What the fuck ever. Garrett those are on you buddy. You've got to go a better job leading this thing than that.

Romo - Where do I start? He is maddening. He shows so much talent and doesn't make a ton of mistakes, but when he makes them, he doesn't fuck around does he? Nope, he goes out and finds the biggest possible moment to make the dumbest biggest fuck up he can make. Protect the ball you idiot. 3rd and goal on the 3 with a chance to put it away - go down and take the field goal!! Dez Bryant can't run and your idiot coaching staff calls an out to him?? Fuck them and dump it off to Jones or someone. Man up and make a decision for once. Don't put up 350 yards passing or whatever it was and piss it away with a fumble and a dumb throw. This is his last year as far as I am concerned. They have a young, inexperienced OL and some young receivers. You're the leader!! You're not the young kid gunslinger anymore! Act like it!

Of course, one could make the argument that Mark Sanchez is the same player. He puts up numbers but he also fumbled the ball away once and made a ridiculously bad decision on his interception. Sanchez has the benefit of a world class defense to bail him out though. Romo doesn't have that.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14

I'm not sure what is funny about that. I'm not saying that as a Cowboys fan, I despise them. But they are (regardless of their record or if they get in a slump) one of the flagship franchises. They are, and I don't know where the stupid name even came from, "America's Team". By flagship I just mean they are one of the most recognizable brands in the league and as Tony Kornheiser would say, a good Cowboys team is good for the league. This hasn't been a good Cowboys team for years though.

By flagship I didn't mean the roster is good, just the brand/franchise is one of the more popular, to either love or hate.

There are several teams that are considered flagship franchises in the NFL: Cowboys, Packers, Bears, Eagles, Giants, etc. Regardless of how good they actually are.

I'm not sure what is funny about that. I'm not saying that as a Cowboys fan, I despise them. But they are (regardless of their record or if they get in a slump) one of the flagship franchises. They are, and I don't know where the stupid name even came from, "America's Team". By flagship I just mean they are one of the most recognizable brands in the league and as Tony Kornheiser would say, a good Cowboys team is good for the league. This hasn't been a good Cowboys team for years though.

By flagship I didn't mean the roster is good, just the brand/franchise is one of the more popular, to either love or hate.

There are several teams that are considered flagship franchises in the NFL: Cowboys, Packers, Bears, Eagles, Giants, etc. Regardless of how good they actually are.

They were a marquee, flagship franchise in the 20th century. It is now the 21st century. Time has passed that franchise by.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    They were a marquee, flagship franchise in the 20th century. It is now the 21st century. Time has passed that franchise by.

I think I disagree. They are one of the top 2 or 3 most valuable sports franchises in the world. Without looking it up, I believe it is Man U, the Cowboys and the Yankees. Not sure about the order. That has to count for something.

• They were a marquee, flagship franchise in the 20th century. It is now the 21st century. Time has passed that franchise by.

I'm sure people probably said the same thing about the Packers in the 70's and 80's when the franchise was more than just a sad shell of what it had once been. A team does not necessarily have to be successful to remain a marquee franchise. I would say the Toronto Maple Leafs are one of the marquee franchises of the NHL, and they have been pathetic in recent memory, and haven't won a cup since 1967. In MLB I think the Cubs are a marquee team, in spite of their drought.

I hope you're right though, I would love to see the Cowboys continue to be sad, at least in Jerry Jones lifetime. I can't stand that dude. But the Cowboys are still one of the most recognizable brands in football, even if they are more known for their stadium these days as opposed to the product on the field. If they ever get out from under Jerry Jones thumb they have the chance to be good again, but I don't think they'll ever win another Super Bowl while he is in charge.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

I'm sure people probably said the same thing about the Packers in the 70's and 80's when the franchise was more than just a sad shell of what it had once been. A team does not necessarily have to be successful to remain a marquee franchise. I would say the Toronto Maple Leafs are one of the marquee franchises of the NHL, and they have been pathetic in recent memory, and haven't won a cup since 1967. In MLB I think the Cubs are a marquee team, in spite of their drought.

I hope you're right though, I would love to see the Cowboys continue to be sad, at least in Jerry Jones lifetime. I can't stand that dude. But the Cowboys are still one of the most recognizable brands in football, even if they are more known for their stadium these days as opposed to the product on the field. If they ever get out from under Jerry Jones thumb they have the chance to be good again, but I don't think they'll ever win another Super Bowl while he is in charge.

They are going to stay bad as long as Jones is running that team. He dumps a bunch of players to get under the cap, then hands out monster contracts this week...Witten I can see to some extent, but Ratliff no. But even Witten will be what 35 when that contract nears the end...yeah right football players start breaking down in early 30's.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I think I disagree. They are one of the top 2 or 3 most valuable sports franchises in the world. Without looking it up, I believe it is Man U, the Cowboys and the Yankees. Not sure about the order. That has to count for something.

Me too. Because this says otherwise.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenha ... rts-teams/

The Eagles have always had a chip on their shoulder about that.

I don't care if the NY Yankees go on a 10 year losing streak. They are still the NY Yankees.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Flagg wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Me too. Because this says otherwise.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenha ... rts-teams/

The Eagles have always had a chip on their shoulder about that.

I don't care if the NY Yankees go on a 10 year losing streak. They are still the NY Yankees.

Whatever, as long as they keep losing they can be the Flagship Team of America or whatever they want to call themselves, and they can go fuck themselves too. :mrgreen: Hopefully nobody dies in their shoddy stadium.

• Whatever, as long as they keep losing they can be the Flagship Team of America or whatever they want to call themselves, and they can go fuck themselves too. :mrgreen: Hopefully nobody dies in their shoddy stadium.

How did they ever get that nickname anyway? Seems to me most of America wants their team to beat the hell out of the Cowboys. I think they gave themselves that nickname.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    No they did not give themselves the nickname America's Team. It came from a 1978 NFL Films Highlight Package, and then was repeated on opening day 1979 (they lost). Now, 32 years later the franchise and its fans get blamed for something it had nothing to do with.
  • RW81233 wrote:
    No they did not give themselves the nickname America's Team. It came from a 1978 NFL Films Highlight Package, and then was repeated on opening day 1979 (they lost). Now, 32 years later the franchise and its fans get blamed for something it had nothing to do with.

They may have not come up with it, but they certainly embrace it, and believe it. Trust me, I live in Dallas, and they love that name, and truly believe they are America's team.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    The Dallas fans were some of the most obnoxious people I have ever seen last night at the Jets game. It was great when the Jets came back and shut them all up. They were loudmouths for hours and then had to walk out of the place embarrassed that their "elite" QB blew another game.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • SVRDhand13 wrote:
    The Dallas fans were some of the most obnoxious people I have ever seen last night at the Jets game. It was great when the Jets came back and shut them all up. They were loudmouths for hours and then had to walk out of the place embarrassed that their "elite" QB blew another game.

And people wonder why there are so many fights at Cowboys/Eagles games. :roll: Sadly, probably 10%-20% of Phila. area football fans are Cowboys fans. :? :evil:

• **********2011 DALLAS COWBOYS**********

Suck.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • SVRDhand13 wrote:

I went to a Cowboys game when I was a kid (probably 10) with my friend and his dad. I forget who they were playing now, but my friend was a fan, and he wore the other teams jersey. And even though the Cowboys were winning, they were taunting this KID relentlessly, and he got up to go to the bathroom and caught a cup of something (either beer or soda I forget) square in the chest. And it's not like the rest of the fans came to his defense, they were laughing and jokingly calling him by the name of whoever's jersey he had on. My friends dad went swinging into the group of people he thought did it, but security broke it up and stayed in the area for the rest of the game to make sure nobody else messed with him. It was the most despicable thing I've ever seen at a game. I can see if it's an obnoxious adult, but a little kid who was doing nothing but wearing a jersey?
  • NFL football games aren't for kids.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....

Sadly.

Of course, I went to plenty of Eagles games as a kid. You have to question my parents' judgment. :lol: When I was 9 it was quite overwhelming. But at 13 I was ready for it and fit right in.

Sadly.

Of course, I went to plenty of Eagles games as a kid. You have to question my parents' judgment. :lol: When I was 9 it was quite overwhelming. But at 13 I was ready for it and fit right in.

I agree that 13, with good parenting is the appropriate age to start your kid at Eagles games. :lol:
    Member 164xxx

More to Come....