LBC - remembering Roskilde in Berlin

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    71step28 wrote:
    That's great! But I think "In der Pause vor der ersten Zugabe..." would be a little better so the lights are already on when the band retakes the stage.
    true, i notice that too :lol::lol::lol::lol:

hahaha... as if! :lol:
    maybe the letter must start
    Moin..
    and give direction..the ones take urban from Alexfjgifrnjmvlofhsxhv hyfrufnjPLATZ... :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ScrapeMySkyScrapeMySky Posts: 426
    Not that bad!

Hey! With a little practice you could invent your second new language! :)
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Sounds like a plan with the phones :D:D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,407
    the only thing i have to add in the letter is something in the end before the enjoun the show
    something like .."please stay safe"watch for your friend near u .e.t.c..or something like that

Excellent suggestion, D. I've updated it on p. 9
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Is the cellphone idea now becoming the plan instead of the glowsticks or are we waiting on an official security answer before deciding? :?
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    the only thing i have to add in the letter is something in the end before the enjoun the show
    something like .."please stay safe"watch for your friend near u .e.t.c..or something like that

Excellent suggestion, D. I've updated it on p. 9
    beautiful!! :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    veddertown wrote:
    Is the cellphone idea now becoming the plan instead of the glowsticks or are we waiting on an official security answer before deciding? :?

I would say the mobile phone thing is pretty definate now... security can't stop us from taking those in and most people have one. Glo-sticks could cause a multitude of problems on transport and getting into the venue.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    veddertown wrote:

I would say the mobile phone thing is pretty definate now... security can't stop us from taking those in and most people have one. Glo-sticks could cause a multitude of problems on transport and getting into the venue.
  • alesekalesek Posts: 809
    not sure if mentioned here already but 30th June is one the longest daylight of the year. Will be dark enough during the first encore? Any curfew for the place? Can we have the start of the show bit pushed further? lets say 21.00 at least?
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
    edited May 2010
    alesek wrote:
    not sure if mentioned here already but 30th June is one the longest daylight of the year. Will be dark enough during the first encore? Any curfew for the place? Can we have the start of the show bit pushed further? lets say 21.00 at least?

Yeah, it's been mentioned.

I assume that the show will start at 8:45, which should put the 1st encore sometime shortly after 10:00. Sunset is due for 9:33, so it should be just getting dark enough.

EDIT: Coincidentally, that's exactly the time of the sunset in Dublin today. So I can tell you tomorrow what time it gets dark enough for this to work :D
    Post edited by wolfamongwolves on
    I think there should be just enough light faded in time for it to be effective. Hmmm... nice night for Low Light :)

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
  • DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    edited May 2010
    The concert start is scheduled for 18:30 which let me think that PJ will start way before the usual 20:45.

edit: The faq on the wuhlheide website says that concerts during the week end at 22:00.
    Post edited by Dercheef on
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
    Dercheef wrote:
    The concert start is scheduled for 18:30 which let me think that PJ will start way before the usual 20:45.

edit: The faq on the wuhlheide website says that concerts during the week ends at 22:00.

I was scared of that. That could be a problem then. Encore break will be before the sunset.
  • ScrapeMySkyScrapeMySky Posts: 426
    That would be weird. A non-festival show that ends aound sunset...
  • wolkenloswolkenlos Posts: 591
    Yvonne, the german letter sounds awesome!
    I really like this new idea. Don't know about the beginning of the show on weekdays .. I knew that last year there was a problem with a neighbor who called the police because he couldn't sleep if there were concerts at the wuhlheide but he lost the trial I think. I mean 10pm is really early, can't imagine that they start playing early enough to end the show at 10.

And another question - What happens if they'd play LBC before the encore? Then our plan would seem a little displaced. But because of the sunlight we can't start earlier. Tricky.
    Yeah whatever... we do it at the 1st encore... and it'll be great and we all have to learn to sing arc. Ohh I'm so excited :)
    wolkenlos wrote:
    Yvonne, the german letter sounds awesome!
    I really like this new idea. Don't know about the beginning of the show on weekdays .. I knew that last year there was a problem with a neighbor who called the police because he couldn't sleep if there were concerts at the wuhlheide but he lost the trial I think. I mean 10pm is really early, can't imagine that they start playing early enough to end the show at 10.

And another question - What happens if they'd play LBC before the encore? Then our plan would seem a little displaced. But because of the sunlight we can't start earlier. Tricky.
    Yeah whatever... we do it at the 1st encore... and it'll be great and we all have to learn to sing arc. Ohh I'm so excited :)
    they want play it before.. :D
    So... Over the weekend, the sun set in Ireland at 9:33pm - same time as it will in Berlin on the night of the show.
    And I'm sorry to say that even with cloudy skies, it wasn't particualrly dark by 10:00, which is what time we think the show might finish...
    It wasn't really that dark here at 11 last night. :|

Maybe we should add to the flyer that people should increase the display settings on their phones to maximum brightness! :D
  • whitesidewhiteside Posts: 85
    from the pics I've seen the venue is pretty enclosed by trees, might help the area to darken slightly earlier. not going to the berlin gig :( but good luck with this, sounds like a nice idea.
    Slane - Jul 10, 1993
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    M.E.N. Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The 02 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    whiteside wrote:
    from the pics I've seen the venue is pretty enclosed by trees, might help the area to darken slightly earlier. not going to the berlin gig :( but good luck with this, sounds like a nice idea.
    true,the trees all around area make the place dark earlier
    whiteside wrote:

I was hoping that might be the case.

We should still go with the plan, I think. But maybe we should all be practicing Arc, just in case we need a backup... ;)
    The venue in Berlin is one of the better ones I've seen and I can't wait to see it for real. I think at the encore it would be hard for the band not to see thousands of phones all lit up. This will work and it'll be spectacular! :D

i guess around 10:00 this will happen?cos if u see the berlin setlist they will be at stage around 8:30-8:45..so
    around 9:45 - 10:00 will be LBC time.. :roll:

KEEP ON ROCKIN
    ANIMAL
    LIFE WASTED
    CORDUROY
    STATE LOVE AND TRUST
    GIVEN TO FLY
    DO THE EVOLUTION
    JEREMY
    IN MY TREE
    GOD'S DICE
    BLACK
    BRAIN OF J
    SLEIGHT OF HAND
    UNTHOUGHT KNOWN
    EVEN FLOW
    AMONGST THE WAVES
    NOT FOR YOU
    WHY GO

ENCORE 1
    LOVE BOAT CAPTAIN
    ONCE
    SMALL TOWN
    OTHER SIDE
    GHOST
    ARMY RESERVE
    CRAZY MARY
    LUKIN II
    ENCORE 2
    CROWN OF THORNS
    HUNGER STRIKE
    NOTHING AS IT SEEMS
    ALIVE
    ARQ
    FUCKIN UP

ENCORE 3
    FREE BIRD
    Great! thanks Dimitris! Now that we know when they'll play LBC, we know this can't possibly go wrong!!! :D:D:D

Glad they're finally going to play Freebird for you too! :roll:
    Glad they're finally going to play Freebird for you too! :roll:
  • So do we have a definative Germna translation? :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    So do we have a definative Germna translation? :)
    see yvonne translate ,its ok i guess

Lasst uns zehntausend Lichter für unsere Freunde sein!

Heute vor genau 10 Jahren sind 9 junge Männer –Fans wie du und ich und alle, die heute hier sind- aus unserer Mitte gerissen worden, sie starben während des Konzerts von Pearl Jam beim Roskilde Festival im Nachbarland Dänemark.

Wir wissen, wie sehr dies die Band beeinflusst und bewegt hat. Und wir alle wissen auch, wie leicht es jedem von uns hätte passieren können. Wir alle haben damals 9 Freunde verloren, Freunde die wie niemals mehr kennenlernen werden, vor genau 10 Jahren. Deshalb wollen wir heute Abend alle diesem Tag ehrvoll gedenken – mit einer einfachen Geste, bei der JEDER mitmachen kann.

Folgendes ist geplant:
    In der Pause vor der ersten Zugabe bitten wir euch, macht mit, wenn wir unseren Freunden in Solidarität bestehen und gedenken wollen. Nehmt einfach euer Handy, macht es an, so dass es leuchtet, vielleicht habt ihr ja sogar eine integrierte Taschenlampe oder Dauerblitz etc., und haltet das Licht in Richtung Bühne, damit die Band, wenn sie wieder zurück auf die Bühne kommt, unsere Einigkeit sehen kann – in Erinnerung an die, die wir verloren haben.

DANKE

Passt auf euch auf und auf eure Freunde!
    Viel Spaß bei der Show!!!
    So do we have a definative Germna translation? :)
    see yvonne translate ,its ok i guess

Lasst uns zehntausend Lichter für unsere Freunde sein!

Heute vor genau 10 Jahren sind 9 junge Männer –Fans wie du und ich und alle, die heute hier sind- aus unserer Mitte gerissen worden, sie starben während des Konzerts von Pearl Jam beim Roskilde Festival im Nachbarland Dänemark.

Wir wissen, wie sehr dies die Band beeinflusst und bewegt hat. Und wir alle wissen auch, wie leicht es jedem von uns hätte passieren können. Wir alle haben damals 9 Freunde verloren, Freunde die wie niemals mehr kennenlernen werden, vor genau 10 Jahren. Deshalb wollen wir heute Abend alle diesem Tag ehrvoll gedenken – mit einer einfachen Geste, bei der JEDER mitmachen kann.

Folgendes ist geplant:
    In der Pause vor der ersten Zugabe bitten wir euch, macht mit, wenn wir unseren Freunden in Solidarität bestehen und gedenken wollen. Nehmt einfach euer Handy, macht es an, so dass es leuchtet, vielleicht habt ihr ja sogar eine integrierte Taschenlampe oder Dauerblitz etc., und haltet das Licht in Richtung Bühne, damit die Band, wenn sie wieder zurück auf die Bühne kommt, unsere Einigkeit sehen kann – in Erinnerung an die, die wir verloren haben.

DANKE

Passt auf euch auf und auf eure Freunde!
    Viel Spaß bei der Show!!!
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    What a great idea!!!! :clap:
    The perfect venue to create a rememberable moment...
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017